Radio show announcement - New weekly show: 'The Truth Perspective'

Excellent article mentioned in the 17 Jan show:

January 13, 2015
The Propaganda War: The Horror of the Paris Rally by Arthur Silber
_powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/

Thanks folks for a really excellent show, the best yet imo! (despite the initial blog radio glitches) :)

The clips of MLK and RK were powerful reminders to me of the immense restraint and consideration needed by those few world leaders (with a conscience) today operating under such intense provocation, such as Putin.

I am going to order the book mentioned in the show. Amazon link here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/You-are-Not-So-Smart/dp/1851689397/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421919412&sr=1-1&keywords=you+are+not+so+smart

Keep up the great work! :) :rockon:

Great show folks; less the trolls.

The talk on non-socialized living was very good and it seems also that our very social engineering systems (electronic communications etc.), and especially this hyperbole terrorist shtick, at its core, is the fear being instilled. So in this respect, people are much more scared to talk with people about things that matter, to express a worldview that is not in sync with what is being drummed in. So this helps to dived people, where in days past, these issues would bring people together.

The last caller discussed the muscularskeletal implications of technology and our heads weight. There is an interesting article and video on this subject called 'The 42 Lb. Head' by Erik Dalton Ph.D.(Certified Advanced Rolfer founder of Freedom From Pain Institute). http://www.daltonarticles.com/public_html/42PoundHead.html

See the video below:

https://youtu.be/7j_gHQfBZwg?feature=player_embedded

Here is a SoTT article on "Text Neck". There was another SoTT article that offered a simple way when you sit that helps adjust your neck and shoulders (can't find it). Nevertheless, the simple way was to cup your hands and rotate them out so that they are level. This forces your shoulders back, thus straightening the neck and shoulders - good idea to loose the phone, too.

Good show you guys! Two trolls back-to-back means you're stirring things up!

You handled it well. I like Harrison's 3-step troll-recovery program :lol:

Niall said:
Good show you guys! Two trolls back-to-back means you're stirring things up!

You handled it well. I like Harrison's 3-step troll-recovery program :lol:

Ha! Thanks. Troll initiation complete. :phaser: I think we need to prepare a special sound effect for when we cut off the trolls. Wish we could've had a conversation with Jihadi Phil, though! :lol:

I know. Two trolls. That was weird and a bit jarring. I had my thinking cap on and was expecting something brilliant that I would have to ponder. Alas, it wasn't even good trolling. Thanks Adam for the discussion and information on social isolation. That was helpful. Of course, so was everything else. Great job team Truth Perspective.

Great show guys. You handled the trolls in fine fashion, kudos to you! Must be doing something right to get two in 1 show. Really enjoyed this one, very interesting topics with excellent discussion & research. Thanks so much!

:clap: :thup: :clap:

Thanks for another informative discussion. Kudos on handling the troll problem so well. :rockon:

I haven't listened to them yet, as I usually do so during my work commute. I was thinking, if you need a sound bit for trolls, a clip of the Trololo song by Eduard Khil might work. It has become associated with trolls. The parts at 0:25 and 1:51 are the best.

It was supposedly replaced with basic syllables because it was made in Russia during the Cold War in the '70s and had a mention of a cowboy, an American theme. So I don't know if it sends the right message, fwiw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

Nancy2feathers said:
Thanks everyone for the great show and looking forward to the next one! :) Great topics and very informative!

I agree! The MLK topic was particularly interesting I thought. Great job folks! "Troll initiation complete" :lol:

voyageur said:
Great show folks; less the trolls.

The talk on non-socialized living was very good and it seems also that our very social engineering systems (electronic communications etc.), and especially this hyperbole terrorist shtick, at its core, is the fear being instilled. So in this respect, people are much more scared to talk with people about things that matter, to express a worldview that is not in sync with what is being drummed in. So this helps to dived people, where in days past, these issues would bring people together.

Yep, divide and conquer for the 21st century. It's interesting seeing how deeply effected our view of reality can become when we're cut off from other people, and how very healing it is to share experiences and feelings and emotions with other people. Definitely highlights the importance of making a close-knit network of people we trust part of our everyday lives.

The last caller discussed the muscularskeletal implications of technology and our heads weight. There is an interesting article and video on this subject called 'The 42 Lb. Head' by Erik Dalton Ph.D.(Certified Advanced Rolfer founder of Freedom From Pain Institute). http://www.daltonarticles.com/public_html/42PoundHead.html

See the video below:

https://youtu.be/7j_gHQfBZwg?feature=player_embedded

Here is a SoTT article on "Text Neck". There was another SoTT article that offered a simple way when you sit that helps adjust your neck and shoulders (can't find it). Nevertheless, the simple way was to cup your hands and rotate them out so that they are level. This forces your shoulders back, thus straightening the neck and shoulders - good idea to loose the phone, too.

Thanks for the share!

This week we're doing our first interview on the Truth Perspective!

Myth and Reality in Palestine: Interview with IMEMC's Alexandra Halaby

This week, The Truth Perspective interviews Alexandra Halaby, North American Spokesperson and Media Liaison for Palestine's International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC). Ms. Halaby will be discussing recent events in Palestine and Israel, the conditions of Palestinians living in Gaza and the West Bank, as well as the history of the conflict, the recent Summer war in Gaza, and the various commonly held myths about what is really going on in the regions.

Alexandra Halaby is an experienced journalist, published at Huffington Post, NSNBC International, The World Post, and Palestine Review. She studied Organizational Leadership with a focus on Public Relations at Bethal University and has continued studies at University of Geneva and Pynter Institute for Media Studies. She has also done volunteer work with the United Nations Population Fund for Palestine, American Friends of UNRWA, and is a member of Amnesty International.

Back
Top Bottom