My comments to the above.Anders said:What I did see (which is just my experience) was a predatory activity, which puts red flags up for me.
Some of the these things that I saw was
1) Big classes (100+) for Reiki 1 which limits personal contact to the teacher
2) Students, who came to my partner and I to redo Reiki 2
3) Students who came to us for review and who were amazed at how little they had actually learnt.
4) A strong emphasis from B. McGregor that she was the only true Reiki Teacher and that everyone else were fakes.
5) A bagging of the Reiki Alliance and their teachers.
6) Telling organizers and students not to go to other teachers and not to organize workshops with other teachers.
7) Telling us that Hong Kong was her turf and that we shouldn't dare to go there or else.
1) The attendance of the class I went to was about 50.
3) Both my wife and I learned Reiki I there and we thought that there were enough materials.
4, 5, 6) Because many are really fakes. And I read (in the Wave series if I remember correctly) that going to the wrong teacher will jeorpadize the Reiki power you already have.
2, 7) No comment since I don't have personal experience.
Fair enough. My recommendation is also only based my experience, which is positive. The only thing I wasn't happy about was the expense (about 600 USD).Anders said:The issue at hand from dant is:
In regard to B. Mcgregor I can not give a positive recommendation based on my experience, which at the end of the day is only my experience.dant said:I would like a referral for a trusted and good Reiki Master, Recommendations please?