Reiki concerns

Hi folks,

I've been following this group since I read The Wave back in 2003-2004. I have a relative who has recently gotten into Reiki, and having read all about "adventures with Reiki" in The Wave I was a little concerned about what "type" of Reiki my relative has gotten into. Also, the events described in The Wave happened in Florida which is where both my relative and I live.

Is there a way of determining if this branch of Reiki is heavily corrupted? Am I being too paranoid here? Just concerned for a loved one.

Thanks,

Drew

Hi endescent,

Welcome to the forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

Concerning your reiki question, have a look at that thread:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1896.0

And you can do a search on the forum with the search function in using the work reiki.

Wow, when looking at the link for Reiki Symbols is seems there are so many variations that it is not an easy task to determine how close to the original teachings a particular practitioner is using. I will ask my relative what they know about the lineage. I will also study these links further.

Thanks for the replies.

endescent said:
Wow, when looking at the link for Reiki Symbols is seems there are so many variations that it is not an easy task to determine how close to the original teachings a particular practitioner is using.

IMO you shouldn't be looking at how close some variation is compared to the original Usui symbol. The symbols should be exactly the same - orientation too, otherwise it is something else than Reiki. Or the Reiki is being twisted and used consciously or unconsciously for negative (from our perspective) purposes. I've noticed that it is quite common to invert the spiral of the Chokurei. As Laura and others have noted, using the inverted form could actually make you give out your energy somewhere or have some other negative effects.

One major red flag IMO is if the teacher of that particular 'reiki school' conciders him or herself as a healer, someone who heals and performs miracles. A true Reiki sensei knows that he/she is only a medium for the universal energy, helping others only when they ask for it.

OK, my relative says their teacher who did the Reiki I attunement for my relative is on the same lineage level as William Lee Rand, who wrote the book Reiki: The Healing Touch which my relative uses as their guidebook. Mr. Rand's lineage is illustrated here. When traced back far enough it derives from Usui, though Mr. Rand teaches what he calls Usui-Tibetan Reiki, the Tibetan branch having some very different symbols from traditional Usui reiki.

This link seems to talk more about this particular branch, and if the symbols are indeed the ones used then would the orientation of the Cho Ku Rei be correct, the top facing to the left?

Thanks,

Drew

I want to ask about this reiki symbol. ( Ah-new-key ) . I think i found this in some of the cassiopean transcripts page or somehere in the forum or in some of the Laura`s pages, i dont remember. I think that this was some symbol that CS give`s to Laura and others in the specific session.
I put the image of this symbol in the attachment of this post. Can somebody explain the correct drawing method, the meaning and all other information's that's available for this symbol.
Do somebody need special atonement to use this symbol or just a standard second or master level are required

Attachments

• Ah-new-key.jpg
    Ah-new-key.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 292
When I read The Wave on this last summer, of course I remembered I already had been looked by the Reiki in the past.

The first time I was young enough and I am not able to find again the person who took care of me once, he did it for nothing and without know me.
Later, 6 years ago, I met the friend of my sister who has a third degree of Reiki. I do not consider this session like a success, but it is not the point here. I could on September get the Reiki lineage for her, it is as following:

Usui - Hayashi - Takata - Ishikuo - Robertson - Pelletier - Laffitte - Viatte (her name)

Is this lineage corrupt?

I do not ask the question just like that, some little details which interpeeled me as she does not only use the Reiki, but also various techniques of massage. I think have understood how the power of Reiki can be and able to used by the "good" one (referring to my first session). So at this point, where is the usefull of all these substitutes, when we have the Reiki?

I post one text about this reiki symbol7 month ago and nowbody answered.I try to investigate myself.I found the transcripts where C's are talking aboit some new Reiki symbol. I dont know if this is the one that posted. Please correct me if i`m wrong. So here is that part of the transcript:

A: All Reiki you have as yet learned involves passage of healing energy, this one involves prolonged retention for strengthened power, thus results.
Q: (L) Where are you getting this from?
A: Access is Universal.
Q: (L) Did Dr. Usui also receive this and then not remember it?
A: Usui did not reveal all to Takata.
Q: (L) Why?
A: He was told that the knowledge was priceless and must not be wasted by too much dissemination particularly to those who do not have the burning desire for truth. Those who did, as you do, would find some way of accessing knowledge.
Q: (V) Are we also advised not to divulge this information?
A: As always, be discreet.
Q: (L) Is this something we should pass to *.* and *.*.
A: Open.
Q: (L) Is it necessary to line the points up and the ascending line with geometric precision?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) And then, the circle elongated or more a perfect circle?
A: [Demonstration of drawing of circle part of symbol]
Q: (V) Has there ever been a crop circle that looks like this? It looks like one I saw.
A: Precisely. All are interrelated
Q: (L) Is it true that crop circles are a kind of grand Reiki being given to the planet?
A: But also messages and lessons.
Q: (L) Well, could it also be said that Reiki symbols as applied to the body are etheric messages to the etheric body?
Q: (L) Do they communicate information into our field, so to speak?
A: Everything that exists at all levels is just lessons.
Q: (L) Well, in the case of Reiki, what I specifically want to know is if, say an individual is psychically, spiritually, karmically, or otherwise wounded or discombobulated, does the application of Reiki symbols give messages to the electromagnetic field to re-form or re-arrange the pattern in the perfect pattern intended?
Q: (L) And can repeated application of this, can not only physical things, but also etheric things, be healed? That is karma and so forth?
Q: (L) So that our continual use of Reiki and application to ourselves and each other literally would cleanse us from our karmic burdens, memories or scars of the soul?

I found this transcript, I found that symbol. I Guess that transcript is about that symbol. Anyone please correct me if i`m wrong or give me some directions. I tried to investigate about this symbol all this time since i first post this but i dont find anything.

Attachments

• Ah-new-key.png
    Ah-new-key.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 549
jovichmk said:
I post one text about this reiki symbol7 month ago and nowbody answered.I try to investigate myself.I found the transcripts where C's are talking aboit some new Reiki symbol. I dont know if this is the one that posted. Please correct me if i`m wrong. So here is that part of the transcript:

I found this transcript, I found that symbol. I Guess that transcript is about that symbol. Anyone please correct me if i`m wrong or give me some directions. I tried to investigate about this symbol all this time since i first post this but i dont find anything.

I've never seen that symbol before. I do know there are lots of "fake" symbols out there and the New Agers are constantly trying to make more money off different "versions" of reiki. If I were you, I'd just stick to the original three symbols. What benefit do you hope to get from this "new" one? What level are you at?

Well first i dont hope for any benefit from this or any other symbol. I was just curious. And yes you are right about those New Agers . I have seen a hundreds of so called " new reiki symbols "
I `m curious , thats why i asked. I also stick to original reiki symbols. I`m second degree reiki practitioner.

I posted 2 posts above about reiki symbol Ah-new –Key. I was very curious to find more information’s about them. Some time ago ( before I took my first reiki attunement ) I read the wave chapter 16 about Laura`s firs contact with Reiki. Since then I took my first and few moths later second Reiki Attunement. Last week I was trying to find more information’s about reiki and I found I a read the chapter 17 from the wave series
( http://cassiopaea.org/2010/05/12/the-wave-chapter-17-all-there-is-is-lessons-or-wandering-around-in-third-density-can-be-hazardous-to-your-health/ )
, where among many other very important things Laura described this symbol Ah-New –Key and with parts from the C`s Sessions.
I have never read this Chapter of wave series before. I found it very interesting.
I just don’t find how to write this symbol. I mean how moves goes, from where to start the triangle, direction how to draw the inner triangular spiral and the direction of the elongated circle( clockwise or counterclockwise.)
Then I tried to meditate a little with that symbol, but since I was at my workplace I have only 10-15 minutes . Next day I noticed strange sensation in my palms, especially in the middle of the palms. It was the same tingling and heating sensation that I have in my palms after my second Reiki Attunement. This sensation is present even now while I write this post. The skin on my palms started to crack on that places and then it startled to peel in very fine little pieces.
I have same reaction after my second Reiki Attunement. I don’t know if meditation on this symbol make same changes of influences on my etheric body. I know that this symbol retains energy on selected place. Maybe I make this symbol to enchase or retain Reiki energy in my Etheric body. I have very nice and very deep night sleep for a few days and I feel unusually very calm and peaceful.
I even try to play a little with the reiki energy and I tried to put palms like in prayer position only a few centimeters apart . After a shot time a started to feel something like magnetic field between my palms, Like my palms are 2 magnets. I was very surprised and I have never felt this before. Not even after my second Reiki Attunement.
I don’t know that happened but I know that something did, and it is very powerful and very pleasant.

Hi jovichmk,

jovichmk said:
. After a shot time a started to feel something like magnetic field between my palms, Like my palms are 2 magnets. I was very surprised and I have never felt this before. Not even after my second Reiki Atonement.
I don't know that happened but I know that something did, and it is very powerful and very pleasant.

I started to have this sensation as well a couple of years ago: seems really like a sort of field pulsating, sometimes was even getting really big to the point that it was like holding a 1 meter diameter sphere between my arms.
I also experienced a rotating force from left to right on my hands wile doing reiki.
This I don't` think is being related to any use of symbols but the reiki itself and the ability to feel, more or less, the body sensations.
Anyway being myself a bit of an experience-seeker, I`m not focusing that much on this since I can easily get caught into magical thinking, also this experience is not improving my knowledge in any way.
That`s just my take on that, I could be wrong

Since receiving Reiki II I haven't really been using it with symbols, haven't had any receivers other than myself; So I've just used hands on in different configurations. As my Reiki master was quite new agey and had made her own modifications of use I've been unsure on the what the original symbols are. In the 'Recommended Reiki master' thread there is a link with several symbols- are the most original ones on following page and in what direction are the 'Han she ze shonin' strokes drawn (if anyone might have a image link with directions handy) ?:
http://www.aetw.org/reiki_takata_symbols.html

Aragorn said:
I've noticed that it is quite common to invert the spiral of the Chokurei. As Laura and others have noted, using the inverted form could actually make you give out your energy somewhere or have some other negative effects.

When doing 'Choku rei' on self do you draw it normal (starting top left and drawing on the universal canvas) or does one turn ones hand towards ones body and draw (starting top-right and drawing on body canvas), would that also be regarded as inverted?

Back
Top Bottom