Reiki concerns

Thank you Altair for the picture and the link! :flowers: The position #3 looks difficult for me. Can I just hug the back of my neck instead? The other positions are OK, so I'm starting using them right now! As to the link, unfortunately I can't access it. After I returned from the Reiki attunement, I found out that I lost access to the private part of the forum. :cry: I guess whether I was reevaluated during my stay in the farm and downgraded?...:huh:

Thank you Lainey for your advice! :flowers: The patients are normally sitting on chairs during the quick treatment, but somehow most of them still prefer lying position (more comfy for them) and claim the full program to be more efficient. In the beginning of the quick treatment I keep standing, but then I get tired :-[ and have to sit down on another chair next to the patient.

By the way, I have a question: when I sit on a chair or cross legged on the floor, is it OK if my knees eventually touch the patient? Or should I avoid it by all means?

A question regarding the patient's sitting position: some of patients can't keep their backs straight for health reasons and need always to lean against the back of the chair. Is it OK if my hand touches the back of the chair where the patient is sitting?

Chacara said:
After I returned from the Reiki attunement, I found out that I lost access to the private part of the forum. :cry: I guess whether I was reevaluated during my stay in the farm and downgraded?...:huh:

Members are typically removed from the private board due to inactivity. Regular engagement and keeping up with the forum is part of membership for the FOTCM board. If that's an area that needs attention, I'd work on that.

Chacara said:
Thank you Altair for the picture and the link! :flowers: The position #3 looks difficult for me. Can I just hug the back of my neck instead? The other positions are OK, so I'm starting using them right now!

I would say that it's fine to hug or cup your hands around you neck in that approximate area. That's what I do sometimes if I have a sore or stiff neck.

Chacara said:
By the way, I have a question: when I sit on a chair or cross legged on the floor, is it OK if my knees eventually touch the patient? Or should I avoid it by all means?

A question regarding the patient's sitting position: some of patients can't keep their backs straight for health reasons and need always to lean against the back of the chair. Is it OK if my hand touches the back of the chair where the patient is sitting?

I would say that it's fine to have other parts of your body like knees, elbows, forearms, etc. touch the person. It's not going to mess up the flow of reiki, and sometimes it can be hard not to do it without putting yourself in an uncomfortable position.

Do you mean that you would be trying to give reiki through the chair, or that you would be touching the chair while giving reiki?

A Jay said:
Chacara said:
Thank you Altair for the picture and the link! :flowers: The position #3 looks difficult for me. Can I just hug the back of my neck instead? The other positions are OK, so I'm starting using them right now!

I would say that it's fine to hug or cup your hands around you neck in that approximate area. That's what I do sometimes if I have a sore or stiff neck.

Chacara said:

I would say that it's fine to have other parts of your body like knees, elbows, forearms, etc. touch the person. It's not going to mess up the flow of reiki, and sometimes it can be hard not to do it without putting yourself in an uncomfortable position.

Do you mean that you would be trying to give reiki through the chair, or that you would be touching the chair while giving reiki?

I would say that the 1st priority is whether the receiver of Reiki feels comfortable. If he/she doesn't feel uncomfortable when you additionally touch him/her with other body parts and as long as you don't touch the patient's crown chakra it should be ok.

Thank you guys for your replies!

Renaissance said:
Members are typically removed from the private board due to inactivity. Regular engagement and keeping up with the forum is part of membership for the FOTCM board. If that's an area that needs attention, I'd work on that.

Yes, Renaissance, you're right. I'm not active enough to deserve participation in the private board. I work full time and when come home I give priority to my kids and pets, so I don't have much time for myself. Hope in a year or two I'll have more time for reading and writing.

A Jay said:
It's not going to mess up the flow of reiki...

Good to know A Jay, thanks!

A Jay said:

I mean to put my hand between the patient's back and the back of the chair where the patient is sitting (when the patient can't maintain her back unsupported).

Altair said:
...as long as you don't touch the patient's crown chakra it should be ok.

Thanks Altair! I have a question regarding the hand position H2 from Laura's book. Is the crown chakra touched in this case?

Chacara said:
I have a question regarding the hand position H2 from Laura's book. Is the crown chakra touched in this case?

No, the crown chakra of the patient should not be touched in any positions.

Regarding the Anuki symbol, the symbols shown in this thread are all wrong, the spiral is not closed into a triangle. The lower right corner of the triangular spiral should be open, not closed. I forget where it is discussed but I think it was a quirk of the drawing program they used to draw the symbol that caused that.

Chacara said:
A Jay said:

I mean to put my hand between the patient's back and the back of the chair where the patient is sitting (when the patient can't maintain her back unsupported).

That should be fine so long as it's comfortable for the patient.

I have a question maybe someone can Help me with, or at least tell me if I,m doing something wrong.
I did Reiki on one of my sisters awhile ago and she had a strange reaction.
First let me say that I don,t usually draw the symbols, but have them printed out and taped to the wall
Above the Reiki table, and I just gaze at whatever symbol I,m using.
I find that if the person is lying on their left side it is easier for me to stand behind them and Reiki the front and back of the body at the same time.
Anyway, when I finished, I asked her to stay lying down for a few minutes, but she didn,t.
She got right up, and walked straight into the wall! Then she started giggling , laughing and couldn't seem
To stop. She kept giggling and told me she actually felt stoned! It took her about a half hour to lose the giddiness. I,ve never experienced anyone have that reaction to Reiki before and I,m thinking that I did
Something wrong. Anyone have any thoughts about what caused this reaction?

Meager1 said:
She kept giggling and told me she actually felt stoned! It took her about a half hour to lose the giddiness. I,ve never experienced anyone have that reaction to Reiki before and I,m thinking that I did

The first thing that comes to mind, FWIW, is a sympathetic nervous reaction, in the way Peter Levine talks about it in An Unspoken Voice. Extra energy being released when healing, part of a sympathetic reaction that "got stuck" at the time of a trauma, couldn't be expressed back them for whatever reason, and can now get released. Some people shake, others shiver, others laugh, etc. Some feel different, slightly "high", or very sleepy, or more awake, it depends.

What is your reason for not drawing the symbols? Do you at least power up with Chokurei before starting? And why do you have them laying on their side? You said it's more comfortable for you, but isn't that more uncomfortable for the person laying on a massage table? Unless the person receiving reiki prefers it, I would say it's better to work on them laying down, front and back.

Meager1 said:
I have a question maybe someone can Help me with, or at least tell me if I,m doing something wrong.
I did Reiki on one of my sisters awhile ago and she had a strange reaction.
First let me say that I don,t usually draw the symbols, but have them printed out and taped to the wall
Above the Reiki table, and I just gaze at whatever symbol I,m using.
I find that if the person is lying on their left side it is easier for me to stand behind them and Reiki the front and back of the body at the same time.
Anyway, when I finished, I asked her to stay lying down for a few minutes, but she didn,t.
She got right up, and walked straight into the wall! Then she started giggling , laughing and couldn't seem
To stop. She kept giggling and told me she actually felt stoned! It took her about a half hour to lose the giddiness. I,ve never experienced anyone have that reaction to Reiki before and I,m thinking that I did

I had a similar reaction after my very first Reiki treatment years ago. It was like I was drunk. I think I had been so low on life energy for so long that when energy started coming back in and flowing, it really was like being drunk. I had to hold on to the walls to walk!!!

Thank you for the replies!
It,s good to know that there was a possible reason and not something wrong, or something I did.

I stopped drawing the symbols years ago when an older devote Christian woman refused Reiki because she took that
To be a spell of some sort and walked out. After that I had several other people that wanted nothing to do
With it, so i just printed them out and hung them on the wall. The few people who did ask about them were
Comfortable with them being on the wall and so was I.

I began doing Reiki as you said Chu with the person lying on their back, but over time I realized that most
People are not at ease with someone standing over them that way, and it seemed as though most people
Would close their eyes to avoid seeing someone hovering. My Reiki table is a homemade one, it,s made of 2x6,s and I had the table part made by a car dealership that makes actual seats for cars. It has layers and layers of padding covered in leather. It's very wide and very comfortable. I haven,t had anyone who has complained
Of lying on their side on it, in fact it seems most people actually prefer that position.

This way I can do both sides like chest and back simultaneously and it just seems to be more effective particularly if I,m doing a shoulder, from the front and back at the same time.
Many people have said it feels better then a full body massage, but I can,t verify because no one has ever done it to me.
And it is much more comfortable for me to not have to reach over so far, but to have both hands so much closer together, actually opposite each other on a single body part.
Most people will stay lying there and relax for 5-10 minutes before they get up, my sister was the only one to jump right up and hit the wall. I,m not exactly sure what you mean by charging up Chu, I just shake my hands as though removing water, close my eyes for a moment, look at the drawing I intend to use then begin.
If I,m lacking please point it out, though I don,t think I,ve ever done exactly the same thing every time, it almost always depends on the person I,m working with and the circumstances,

Meager1 said:
...I,m not exactly sure what you mean by charging up Chu, I just shake my hands as though removing water, close my eyes for a moment, look at the drawing I intend to use then begin.
If I,m lacking please point it out, though I don,t think I,ve ever done exactly the same thing every time, it almost always depends on the person I,m working with and the circumstances,

We usually draw Choku Rei with one palm on another several times to "charge up" or to start the flow of Reiki energy from our palms.

Thank you, I,ve never done that, but will next time and see if there is a difference.
Your saying that simply gazing at a drawing with intent wouldn't work correctly?
You may be right, but that's why I,m asking, doing somethin wrong is far worst then doing nothing at all.

Meager1 said:
Thank you, I,ve never done that, but will next time and see if there is a difference.
Your saying that simply gazing at a drawing with intent wouldn't work correctly?
You may be right, but that's why I,m asking, doing somethin wrong is far worst then doing nothing at all.

You may try to draw all the symbols one after another with your one palm on another (3 times each) and see the difference. If you just gaze at them with intent, I assume that the intent must be very strong and the symbols are perfectly constructed and held in your mind during the session which is not so easy. Since the Reiki energy comes through the palms it would be more efficient and logical to draw the symbols with your palms, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom