Reiki concerns

Meager1 said:
I began doing Reiki as you said Chu with the person lying on their back, but over time I realized that most
People are not at ease with someone standing over them that way, and it seemed as though most people
Would close their eyes to avoid seeing someone hovering.
I would say that it's totally normal for someone to close their eyes when they are lying on their back receiving Reiki. Part of the point of the treatment is that they are relaxed, and it seems logical to me that a relaxed person would close their eyes and enjoy the treatment.

In my experience, the few people I work with who do not close their eyes during whatever treatment I'm giving find it difficult to relax and perhaps don't feel comfortable enough to close their eyes. This is also reflected in the way they talk, they often come across as highly stressed. About 98% of clients I have had experience with will close their eyes.

I would suggest to give the people you work on the option of lying side-facing or front/back and adjust your positioning accordingly. This is just from my experience and very much FWIW.

Meager1 said:
I stopped drawing the symbols years ago when an older devote Christian woman refused Reiki because she took that
To be a spell of some sort and walked out.

:lol: What about the sign of the cross? Ooohhh, dangerous symbol... ;)

I began doing Reiki as you said Chu with the person lying on their back, but over time I realized that most
People are not at ease with someone standing over them that way, and it seemed as though most people
Would close their eyes to avoid seeing someone hovering. My Reiki table is a homemade one, it,s made of 2x6,s and I had the table part made by a car dealership that makes actual seats for cars. It has layers and layers of padding covered in leather. It's very wide and very comfortable. I haven,t had anyone who has complained
Of lying on their side on it, in fact it seems most people actually prefer that position.

Ah, well that explains it. With our table (and most tables aren't as padded as what you describe), it's pretty uncomfortable to lay on the side for several people.

I,m not exactly sure what you mean by charging up Chu, I just shake my hands as though removing water, close my eyes for a moment, look at the drawing I intend to use then begin.

Around here we "power up" with Chokurei as Altair explained. Usually you start feeling the heat right away. But I don't know that it is a MUST FOLLOW rule for treatments. I personally prefer drawing them on my palm. Other people draw them on the person they are treating. Others just visualize them or have the images close by like you do. What I do know is that Laura always explains that for the attunement process, it's very important (and part of the reason why anyone claiming they can do an attunement remotely are probably no good, because you need to be at close proximity to engrave the symbols in the person's energetic field).

I forgot to mention earlier that the first three times I had Reiki I felt "drunk". Not as much as a feeling of being stoned, like your sister, but it was something! And other people reported the same. So in the end, maybe it's quite common in the beginning, depending on the person's initial level or energy?

Meager1 said:
Thank you, I,ve never done that, but will next time and see if there is a difference.
Your saying that simply gazing at a drawing with intent wouldn't work correctly?
You may be right, but that's why I,m asking, doing somethin wrong is far worst then doing nothing at all.

Either will probably work. But, you can experiment. I like to quickly draw the cho ku rei with one hand over the other and feel the heat starting. But it's not mandated nor would I say it is absolutely necessary either.

Ok, got it.
One more quick question if I may, I have always thought of Reiki as a drawing from universal healing energy but I,m wondering if that thinking might be changed to a transfer of information, or a transfer of information that a clients body needs to heal itself, do you see what I mean and what the difference is?
I,m not saying that Reiki is only an information transfer..but might it be simply that information the body
Needs in order to heal itself is what actually has been utilized and is not a separate or independent healing energy as such.
I,m not sure what I,m asking, but I,m thinking Reiki transfers information more then healing energy in the way I have always thought it did, And if so, would it be beneficial to a client if the one doing the Reiki were to prepare oneself to do Reiki as a way to utilize an information transfer, as opposed to a supposed healing energy?
I,m not sure I,m explaining this properly, I,m just attempting to voice the thought that there is no energy transfer, but instead a transfer of information that a body could utilize, if that makes any sense.

Meager1 said:
Ok, got it.
One more quick question if I may, I have always thought of Reiki as a drawing from universal healing energy but I,m wondering if that thinking might be changed to a transfer of information, or a transfer of information that a clients body needs to heal itself, do you see what I mean and what the difference is?
I,m not saying that Reiki is only an information transfer..but might it be simply that information the body
Needs in order to heal itself is what actually has been utilized and is not a separate or independent healing energy as such.
I,m not sure what I,m asking, but I,m thinking Reiki transfers information more then healing energy in the way I have always thought it did, And if so, would it be beneficial to a client if the one doing the Reiki were to prepare oneself to do Reiki as a way to utilize an information transfer, as opposed to a supposed healing energy?
I,m not sure I,m explaining this properly, I,m just attempting to voice the thought that there is no energy transfer, but instead a transfer of information that a body could utilize, if that makes any sense.

I think that, yes, the patient heal himself, the healer being a conduit. This is why it's important that the patient is asking and the "degree" of asking being a part of how the treatment will work.

That why I'm not enthusiast of your method because, for me, by not drawing the symbols and doing it mentally you hide something. Or you have to explain clearly the patient what you will do. If the patient is not comfortable with something, just don't do it.

On the information part, I think there is energy transfer.

I have never consciously hidden anything from a client, and most people never ask a lot of questions, they just want to feel better. I did however just read on another part of the forum that Reiki energy is indeed drawn from an information field, so I,m thinking that I saw that information before, but only made the connection through the experience of talking with past clients who had significant improvement in their condition, but have also told me that they had begun taking a certain vitamin or supplicant after the Reiki sessions, that had never been discussed or mentioned during the session, it was like they just had the brainstorm that they needed it. And apparently they were correct! And if I didn,t know to tell them about such and such supplement then where did they get the information from?
So, somewhere along the way the idea that Reiki is an information transfer, more so then a healing energy has begun to resonate with me.

I think the energy used to heal carry informations, yes. So I think there's energy and informations transfer. Intelligent energy.

Hello

I would like to ask something that concern me about Reiki in my place.

I received the attunement in Mexico the last year, since I came here I couldn't do a lot of Reiki as i wanted for different reasons, now I found out a place where I can go the give Reiki which I think is not problem so far, I went the last thursday and the people of the place were offering me to give me Reiki but i refuse it since I didnt have much time.

Before I leave I was speaking with a Lady who I gave Reiki and she showed me a book where she learnt Reiki, came up my mind several questions that I would like to ask here to see how to deal with this :

1. I saw that part of her lineage was Phyllis Lei Furutomo dont remember the others.
2. I saw the Draw for chokurei and it was different this draw was clockwise ( its movement to the right side) in attachment file , also in the book I could see many information stile New Era way.

So my question is and always been since I arrive after my attunements, is Should I avoid someone give me Reiki here since I dont know the source of the attunements ( Lineage) also and have seen that there is a lot of New Era here, Im concern that she said that the way to draw the simbol is in the right side

I would like to focus in Give than receive, I remember that Laura said when we give we receive also during the session.

As matter of experience I was very happy about this session, since I felt a lot of energy and also I felt that I must to give Reiki in the back before finished. when I finished the lady asked me why I returned to that part again and I said felt that I must to, she then explained that she had suffered some injures there and she had pain there too. :) :) :)

Thanks and Regards,

Zim

Attachments

• Chokurei.jpg
    Chokurei.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 158
zim said:
As matter of experience I was very happy about this session, since I felt a lot of energy and also I felt that I must to give Reiki in the back before finished. when I finished the lady asked me why I returned to that part again and I said felt that I must to, she then explained that she had suffered some injures there and she had pain there too. :) :) :)

Good one Zim :) With practice you become more sensitive to which parts of the body need more energy.

And regarding your recent experiences, remember that Laura shared similar accounts in The Wave Ch. 16 & 17. I don't think there is much problem giving Reiki to someone that has a different lineage, but receiving... I don't know, depending on the lineage, it can be risky.

But if you are interested on giving and receiving Reiki in a constant basis, you should catch up with this thread and put your name in the spreadsheet ;) It's a way safer environment ;D

Luis said:
zim said:

Good one Zim :) With practice you become more sensitive to which parts of the body need more energy.

And regarding your recent experiences, remember that Laura shared similar accounts in The Wave Ch. 16 & 17. I don't think there is much problem giving Reiki to someone that has a different lineage, but receiving... I don't know, depending on the lineage, it can be risky.

But if you are interested on giving and receiving Reiki in a constant basis, you should catch up with this thread and put your name in the spreadsheet ;) It's a way safer environment ;D

Hello Luis

Thanks for your comments.

About giving Reiki think is not problem; yesterday I gave to other person and it was really interesting how I could feel that the person took and took a lot of energy and the experience of this person was positive even though he never received Reiki before.

About my concern I think is better to avoid received it, as you said it can be risky so I will pass but I´ll give a much as I can. :cool2:

I´ll put my name in the spreadsheet thank that will be great to received distan Reiki from you guys. ;D ;D ;D :P

Regards

Zim

Parallel said:
Mrs. Peel said:
The "triple naming" stuff just sounds like a ritual, at least to me.
Agree, maybe these are 'inventions' from the line of Hawayo Takata and/or Phyllis Furumoto. I'm curious to know how others do it.
To me it's just a mechanism to 'lock on' to a recipient of reiki (this is Reiki 2), besides there's more to it than that! You have to ask': "You are free to accept or reject this healing, do you accept (it)?" And, then you listen to the 'feeling'. Usually the answer is 'yes', because everybody likes an end to their physical suffering. Only on two occasions did I get a "I'm ambivalent to it" (feeling) and then, you have to ask where (or what) they would be prefer to have the 'positive energy' flow to. Sometimes, it's not physical. For example: A woman who was having a knee operation was actually getting away (and taking a rest) from her duties as carer for a blind elderly woman, and a man so consumed by anger and suffering that he wanted to die. It's not always about physical. Sometimes (in the health care industry - and also in the physical world) we forget that.

Konstantin said:
Thank you for your personal interpretation. :flowers:
It was 6 years ago.
Your interpretation is very interesting. As with other reiki symbols, one must have a proper initiation in order to use the symbols efficiently. I personally have only reiki 1 and 2 but even those initiations are probably corrupted and from bad lineage.
So, I think that it is not very wise to use this symbol while practicing reiki if someone does not have a proper initiation.
Thank you for all your efforts to find all those informations. :)

It worries me that something that is clockwise instead of anticlockwise ends up as being a well known pedophile symbol!!! Reversing a symbol isn't an unknown occurrence, this one is just not so recent. Here it is:
And you can see it's been reversed, or something. Apparently 4D STS is aware of the power of symbols.
http://edhamma.net/?p=467
Scary really. People should be careful.

Ruth said:
Reversing a symbol isn't an unknown occurrence, this one is just not so recent. Here it is:
And you can see it's been reversed, or something. Apparently 4D STS is aware of the power of symbols.
http://edhamma.net/?p=467
Scary really. People should be careful.

Hi Ruth,

Further to your Swastika analysis, the excerpt below is from a Mike Baillie paper that may be of interest ?

"It is impossible to read Sagan and Druyan on the issue of revolving sky symbols without being struck by their comments connecting bright sky apparitions, comets, swastikas and wheels. They say Another dilemma running through scholarly writings on the swastika is that, on the one hand, it appears to be connected with something brilliant in the sky, and on the other hand it is clearly something separate from the Sun...Sometimes, the swastika alternates with representations of the Sun. From this Count D'Aleiella deduces that the swastika means the Sun....But, critics argue, there is no need for an additional symbol for the Sun, and the swastika in no way resembles the Sun...All of these difficulties could be resolved if there had once been a bright swastika rotating in the skies of Earth... (1985; 159)

It is interesting to see that while Sagan and Druyan were writing in 1985, in 1986 Green was debating the issue of the wheel and the swastika in a narrower Celtic context. According to Green the Celtic peoples' celestial symbolism had its most important feature in the sun-disc ...the sun-disc, usually portrayed as a spoked wheel...This feature ...combines both of the motion through the sky and physical similarity - the nave and hub representing the sun itself, the spokes the sun’s rays and the rim or felloe the surrounding nimbus of light (1986; 39). She goes on to say that by later 1st millennium BC these wheel motifs “may fairly be interpreted as solar signs” and It is important to remember that on stone depictions not only is the wheel itself used as a solar image, but derivative symbols also occur - the most important of these being the swastika, but including the rosette and concentric circle.

The swastika merits special investigation (sic). It is widely considered that the swastika, like the wheel, represents rotary movement. While the wheel appears to depict the sun by means of its physical similarity, the significance of the swastika must lie in the suggestion of movement given by its form. There are sufficient occurrences of wheels, swastikas and dedications to a sky-god in association for us to assume a genuine link between the two symbols (1986; 55). Interestingly the dedication to a sky god and the swastika are apparently interchangeable, and an additional feature of these small alters (with the alternative dedication and swastika) is the presence on them of a palm branch or conifer-image, which could be a fertility symbol, or may...reflect links between sky and underworld (1986; 56).

I suspect that in this case the palm branch or conifer-image is also a realistic depiction of a comet (see for example Sagan and Druyan 1985; 137). Imagine, for sake of argument, that we did now know that the swastika was a comet symbol and probably the wheel as well. We can ask, “did the Irish have the concept of a wheel/swastika and if so in what context”? Rhys makes some interesting points. The observation made in reference to the term Fál as a name of the god would be incomplete without some allusion to the mythical creation known as Roth Fáil, or Fál’s Wheel, and Roth Rámach, or the Wheel with Paddles (Rhys 1888; 210-211) Now a wheel with paddles is an interesting concept. We know what it looks like from the wheels of horizontal mills with their scooped paddles protruding from a central hub. This is very reminiscent of a swastika. The story goes that the Wheel was to enable Simon Magus to sail in the air; but it met with an accident, and Mog Ruith’s daughter brought certain fragments of it to Ireland (Rhys 1888; 211). She set up as a pillar stone that was believed to produce blindness of looked at and death if touched. More interestingly Rhys points out that there are other versions of the story which “…made the coming of the Wheel a great calamity, not only in Ireland, but to a great portion of the west of Europe”. In one prophecy “called the ecstasy of St Moling, the Wheel is represented as destined to come followed by a dreadful scourge which was to destroy three fourths of the people as far as the Tyrrhene Sea” (1888; 211).

So asking if the Irish had the concept of a wheel/swastika reveals that not only did they have a Wheel of Paddles which might as well be a wheel/swastika, but it must at some stage have been involved in a calamity involving the whole of western Europe.This sounds remarkably like a comet ."

Personally I've also wondered if the origin of Brigid's Cross [which has always seemed peculiarly uni-directional to me :huh:] was as a totem against just such a 'calamity' ?

cruz-de-brigit.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid%27s_cross

Best Regards

J

Back
Top Bottom