Reiki

Steph_rivers

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Hello everyone, please let me know if this is appropriate for the forums.

I’ve been really fascinated by the Reiki discussions published in The Wave series. It’s pretty amazing to consider this act of healing as an actual reality that is pretty much ridiculed heavily by mainstream medicine. (Go figure). That being said, it seems like there is a lot of information about it that is being shown and I wonder if it’s mixed with any false information as well.

My question about this is: Is there some optimal direction we can start to learn to read and learn this practice without so much “trendiness” about it and more traditional teachings? Where does anyone recommend we find proper attunement, if the master is willing of course. How can we tell if something is legit or not? And where do we start? Asking for a friend (me). 🤷🏽‍♂️

Same here Steph, ever since reading The Wave, I was fascinated by the discussions and thought, I too would like to learn this mode of healing.

As things have slowly started opening up here in the UK, I signed up to do Reiki 1. Having completed this, I immediately signed up to do Reiki 2 next month. I am loving it thus far :)

As I am based in the UK, I signed up with Reiki Evolution: Courses, home study, books, CDs, MP3s, Reiki info - this may be of help to you.

Same here Steph, ever since reading The Wave, I was fascinated by the discussions and thought, I too would like to learn this mode of healing.

As things have slowly started opening up here in the UK, I signed up to do Reiki 1. Having completed this, I immediately signed up to do Reiki 2 next month. I am loving it thus far :)

As I am based in the UK, I signed up with Reiki Evolution: Courses, home study, books, CDs, MP3s, Reiki info - this may be of help to you.
That’s really good to hear, I’ll take a look at it. What changes in your life/practices have you noticed so far if any?

There is a thread on Reiki here with some info on how to find a reputable reiki master. The lineage of the person you are taught by is important and you want to look for a Reiki master who has a direct line to the original master Usui. Whoever you see as a practitioner should be able to give you a list of their lineage. Also from my understanding you can learn about Reiki online but attunements must be made in person so if anyone is offering the entire kaboodle online it's a sham.

Hello everyone, please let me know if this is appropriate for the forums.

I’ve been really fascinated by the Reiki discussions published in The Wave series. It’s pretty amazing to consider this act of healing as an actual reality that is pretty much ridiculed heavily by mainstream medicine. (Go figure). That being said, it seems like there is a lot of information about it that is being shown and I wonder if it’s mixed with any false information as well.

My question about this is: Is there some optimal direction we can start to learn to read and learn this practice without so much “trendiness” about it and more traditional teachings? Where does anyone recommend we find proper attunement, if the master is willing of course. How can we tell if something is legit or not? And where do we start? Asking for a friend (me). 🤷🏽‍♂️
Reiki is real the practitioner was able to tell through energy that my male side I believe that to be right side steals energy from my left side female side....Also when she would bring energy down to my feet I would fall asleep...this means I like to be or I should be grounded feet on the ground not so much in the sky in my head...Just my experience with my few sessions

That’s really good to hear, I’ll take a look at it. What changes in your life/practices have you noticed so far if any?
I have been meditating daily more or less. There is a self healing meditation I do which I have found beneficial and relaxing. It helps me to remain calm and grounded throughout the day.

I am remembering dreams a bit more, as before I was sure I was not dreaming at all.

I have been practicing (short bursts) on willing volunteers and taking note of the sensations on certain parts of their bodies. I allow intuition to guide me to stay longer on any area I think needs some attention. I am learning as I go along this wonderful journey.

It's an amazing method of practicing energy work. Don't fall for the remote attunement, find yourself a good local Reiki Master Teacher

Usui is the core system, I have read up a little on others, but no courses. L3 / ART practitioner here. Ask me anything! I also have a google drive repository of quite a few books / manuals on the subject

Hi Steph_rivers.

I'm new to the forum, and I see your question was from last summer and also that you remain active in the forum. I am also a Reiki master (in the Usui Tradition). So I thought I would add my comment into this discussion. A passionate topic for me, so I will end up a bit long winded on this post, so please bear with me.

Like so many things that get embraced by new age interests, Reiki has been fairly heavily modified and adapted over the last couple decades. So I understand your dilemma here as to where to start. So many appear to have some need to modify and append to the tradition passed down by Usui, and there is precedent for this to some degree in what the Cassiopaean's have shared on the topic with Laura. I particularly resonated with the new symbol they revealed to Laura years ago. First time I saw it in print, I pondered for a moment and then I remember the big smile on my face as I thought OK.. I can feel that one very clearly and I also could perceive how to draw it in my mind and it clicked for me immediately. So we have to be mindful that Usui was not the last word on Reiki. Which brings us to the ever popular conundrum in energy work: "who to trust, and what to trust" because it is in incredibly valuable form of energetic healing and there so many fragmented streams of Reiki practice in play in the healing community now days. At the same time Reiki really does light a fire in your intuition, so some practitioners do begin to sense other symbols and forms. But complete detachment is required to clearly see a new symbol emergence in your personal experience with the energy.

I'll put it this way: Even though I had been interested in and pursued a number of different energy works over the years, from Chi Kung, to massage, Tai Chi, et al it was Reiki that really lite the candle inside me. Reason: Reiki is an energy work that transcends the will and consciousness of the person doing the energy work. It may very well be the most practical energy modality that follows Free Will and STO currently. The practitioner does not need to diagnose, nor apply intention to the process. In fact a good master will teach to to be completely detached from outcome. All that is required is 1) proper attunement to the energy. 2) an empathy to help others, without regard to self or reward. 3) and a willingness to be mindful to let the energy flow and do the work needed. The role of the practitioner (even yourself treating yourself) is to mindfully detached from the outcome. It's energy, so let it flow, be a clear channel for the energy for flow through you to the person you are assisting and let go. Really let go. It is an unpolarized form of energy, so any attempt to attach a polarity or form to it will inhibit the free will of the recipient.

I was first attuned to 1st and 2nd degree by a Traditional Usui master back in 1998. At that time, the attunement process was following the Usui/Takata traditions, and each degree was delivered via a series of attunements (4) over a two day period of time. 1st and 2nd were separated by a minimum one month resting period to allow 1st level to fully assimilate before applying second level attunements. I still recommend this process, though I know it is often no longer the norm with many practitioners. The trick is finding a reputable master in your area that performs in person attunements, and in my view follows Usui tradition. Afterwards, I think your intuition can guide you on seeking further attunement in other traditions if it feels right to you. But I remain strongly convinced that the traditional Usui forms and attunements that are used for initial Reiki attunement should be the foundation.

You may or may not eventually wish to seek master attunements, but I would say to take your time and let your intuition guide you in this regard. In my case, after 18 months, I decided I wanted to move toward master level and it took me about 6 months to find a local Usui master that I was comfortable with. I took time to build a trust relationship with the master before committing to the master program. This was something both myself and the master (Kate Nani) both felt strongly about. Interestingly, Kate observed that my original attunements from 1st and 2nd degree needed a little correction, which she did before we began master work. To quote Kate "it looks like one of your attunements fell over sideways and needed to be stood back up with a re-attunement". So we did that repair of sorts, and I could actually feel a slight change from her re-attunement, so I accepted her assessment. I learned from Kate that we do not control the energy, we only facilitate it's movement to others for the purposes of harmony of healing inside that person. The person receiving is in charge of the healing process with the energy, not the practitioner. Kate was invaluable in helping me see the deeper side of Reiki, and not get caught up in fads or trends.

Reiki was (and still is) an integral and important part of my life experience and growth path, so I highly recommend it if you feel drawn to it intuitively. It is as close to an energy that fully respects free will as you can get in 3rd D, in my experience. So I very much encourage seeking a master also sees and embraces the free will non-judging nature of the energy we call Reiki.

I will say, you have to have a mature outlook about Reiki, and not be attached to outcomes, because sometimes the energy you facilitate to another person to help them in their healing process may not be what you expect. The persons healing process might be to move on from this incarnation, and the practitioners work assists the process, even if it is not what anyone expected as outcome. I personally experienced this with an elderly uncle of mine. He was hospitalized with multiple declining health issues, and doctors did not think he would survive. I treated him daily for close to 2 months before he passed on. But also knew from my last conversation with him, that my skills had helped him make a peaceful and pain free transition. He was smiling, and not fearful at all on the last day when he close his eyes for good. As an emotional human being, I was both happy and sad at the same time. happy for my uncle, sad that we would all miss him being in our life.

The only thing about the Usui tradition passed down by Takata and then to Weber-Ray and then to Kate that I did not embrace was to charge for my services. But that is a personal decision for each practitioner to decide for themselves. In my case, it just felt right to practice healing and attunement free of charge, so that is my flow in this regard. I was an electrical engineer with a fast progressing career, so Reiki was my service to others, and not a source of income for me. Every practitioner should follow their heart on this aspect, because it is your heart that matters. Not my heart, but your heart.

Good luck in your quest.

Thank you Purple Grape for your wonderful Reiki response.

In 2009 I decided I needed and wanted to give back to my fellow human beings. I checked several different modalities and decided on Reiki. I found a wonderful Reiki Master that held seminars to inform people about Usui Reiki and her school. Her name is Azita Kocian Gonzalez. She is also into crystals and singing bowls. I started my training with Azita in 2009 and received my master's in 2010.

I also do not charge. I know that there is an exchange, but to me, Reiki is a gift and people almost always give back in so many loving and kind ways.

Thank you again for your well-written write-up about Usui's Reiki. It was very inspiring.

Sandi

Thank
Hi Steph_rivers.

I'm new to the forum, and I see your question was from last summer and also that you remain active in the forum. I am also a Reiki master (in the Usui Tradition). So I thought I would add my comment into this discussion. A passionate topic for me, so I will end up a bit long winded on this post, so please bear with me.

Like so many things that get embraced by new age interests, Reiki has been fairly heavily modified and adapted over the last couple decades. So I understand your dilemma here as to where to start. So many appear to have some need to modify and append to the tradition passed down by Usui, and there is precedent for this to some degree in what the Cassiopaean's have shared on the topic with Laura. I particularly resonated with the new symbol they revealed to Laura years ago. First time I saw it in print, I pondered for a moment and then I remember the big smile on my face as I thought OK.. I can feel that one very clearly and I also could perceive how to draw it in my mind and it clicked for me immediately. So we have to be mindful that Usui was not the last word on Reiki. Which brings us to the ever popular conundrum in energy work: "who to trust, and what to trust" because it is in incredibly valuable form of energetic healing and there so many fragmented streams of Reiki practice in play in the healing community now days. At the same time Reiki really does light a fire in your intuition, so some practitioners do begin to sense other symbols and forms. But complete detachment is required to clearly see a new symbol emergence in your personal experience with the energy.

I'll put it this way: Even though I had been interested in and pursued a number of different energy works over the years, from Chi Kung, to massage, Tai Chi, et al it was Reiki that really lite the candle inside me. Reason: Reiki is an energy work that transcends the will and consciousness of the person doing the energy work. It may very well be the most practical energy modality that follows Free Will and STO currently. The practitioner does not need to diagnose, nor apply intention to the process. In fact a good master will teach to to be completely detached from outcome. All that is required is 1) proper attunement to the energy. 2) an empathy to help others, without regard to self or reward. 3) and a willingness to be mindful to let the energy flow and do the work needed. The role of the practitioner (even yourself treating yourself) is to mindfully detached from the outcome. It's energy, so let it flow, be a clear channel for the energy for flow through you to the person you are assisting and let go. Really let go. It is an unpolarized form of energy, so any attempt to attach a polarity or form to it will inhibit the free will of the recipient.

I was first attuned to 1st and 2nd degree by a Traditional Usui master back in 1998. At that time, the attunement process was following the Usui/Takata traditions, and each degree was delivered via a series of attunements (4) over a two day period of time. 1st and 2nd were separated by a minimum one month resting period to allow 1st level to fully assimilate before applying second level attunements. I still recommend this process, though I know it is often no longer the norm with many practitioners. The trick is finding a reputable master in your area that performs in person attunements, and in my view follows Usui tradition. Afterwards, I think your intuition can guide you on seeking further attunement in other traditions if it feels right to you. But I remain strongly convinced that the traditional Usui forms and attunements that are used for initial Reiki attunement should be the foundation.

You may or may not eventually wish to seek master attunements, but I would say to take your time and let your intuition guide you in this regard. In my case, after 18 months, I decided I wanted to move toward master level and it took me about 6 months to find a local Usui master that I was comfortable with. I took time to build a trust relationship with the master before committing to the master program. This was something both myself and the master (Kate Nani) both felt strongly about. Interestingly, Kate observed that my original attunements from 1st and 2nd degree needed a little correction, which she did before we began master work. To quote Kate "it looks like one of your attunements fell over sideways and needed to be stood back up with a re-attunement". So we did that repair of sorts, and I could actually feel a slight change from her re-attunement, so I accepted her assessment. I learned from Kate that we do not control the energy, we only facilitate it's movement to others for the purposes of harmony of healing inside that person. The person receiving is in charge of the healing process with the energy, not the practitioner. Kate was invaluable in helping me see the deeper side of Reiki, and not get caught up in fads or trends.

Reiki was (and still is) an integral and important part of my life experience and growth path, so I highly recommend it if you feel drawn to it intuitively. It is as close to an energy that fully respects free will as you can get in 3rd D, in my experience. So I very much encourage seeking a master also sees and embraces the free will non-judging nature of the energy we call Reiki.

I will say, you have to have a mature outlook about Reiki, and not be attached to outcomes, because sometimes the energy you facilitate to another person to help them in their healing process may not be what you expect. The persons healing process might be to move on from this incarnation, and the practitioners work assists the process, even if it is not what anyone expected as outcome. I personally experienced this with an elderly uncle of mine. He was hospitalized with multiple declining health issues, and doctors did not think he would survive. I treated him daily for close to 2 months before he passed on. But also knew from my last conversation with him, that my skills had helped him make a peaceful and pain free transition. He was smiling, and not fearful at all on the last day when he close his eyes for good. As an emotional human being, I was both happy and sad at the same time. happy for my uncle, sad that we would all miss him being in our life.

The only thing about the Usui tradition passed down by Takata and then to Weber-Ray and then to Kate that I did not embrace was to charge for my services. But that is a personal decision for each practitioner to decide for themselves. In my case, it just felt right to practice healing and attunement free of charge, so that is my flow in this regard. I was an electrical engineer with a fast progressing career, so Reiki was my service to others, and not a source of income for me. Every practitioner should follow their heart on this aspect, because it is your heart that matters. Not my heart, but your heart.

Good luck in your quest.
Thank you for sharing this. I honestly don’t even know where to start. Mainly because I don’t know who to trust. To me it appears that energy work is very dear to me because I just want to take care of the damage that I have cause to my self before anything. I’ve never received reiki and I am very skeptical on how to even reach out to any practitioners. Any suggestions?

After a long hiatus, I gave a treatment to the fellow helping out here with the electrical work. Blew his mind the relaxation, ease in suffering and the energy he felt that couldn't be rationally explained. I told him the healing is done by the individual, Reiki practitioners are a conduit for the life energy to flow in to them.

@Steph_rivers I would suggest finding some local Masters and having a treatment first. It's actually a requirement for my Sensei to teach someone. See if you vibe with them, if not try another. If you find someone who 'feels right' then inquire about Reiki training

I found lots of crossover skills with meditation, crystal work, orgonite, kung-fu (for chi accumulation) or the book the Master Key

Also lots of philosophical understandings from the Law of One in relation to my Service and energy work

Much Love !

Thank you. Ill take your advice on finding the right vibing practitioner. It is highly appreciated.

I 100% agree that a lot of crossover skills can be discovered through the connection between the practices.

Back
Top Bottom