Relinquishing Ego/Self-Importance

That is so true. And for those who can go there once in a while or can not go at all, Laura and her team still offers us the possibility to connect together in working in many projects like translation, transcription, the Sott websites ( available in many languages), etc. And whatever way we choose to connect, they are always there to help us.

Indeed. From the outside, and not knowing a third of what really goes on in our network, it's easy to judge. The irony is that many people only want to get, or think they can do better just from judging from the outside, or imagine they are "doing the Work" on their own. Or, they find excuses not to deal with any issues because they are at a distance, and not on what they see as a "large home secluded from the world", as EJGH put it. That shows that they really don't know how we work, the amount of projects we have, and how what they call "seclusion" couldn't be a more "exposed" life in a more meaningful sense, always on call for others, always ready to face oneself and difficulties, building relationships which is QUITE hard, and much more together.

The more time goes by, I think the more people here realize that you truly get what you give, and it becomes exponential. Only by learning, sharing, working together, and helping each other, do we get a real sense of what this is about, while healing ourselves and learning to be there for others, who are there for us in return, and in ways we would never have imagined. Those who remain "lurkers" cannot see that, but it's not something that can be forced. It has to come from each and every person if they wish for this kind of life.

But rather than that, we want to actually help people in a way that enables them to connect with each other at multiple levels, working together, accepting each others foibles, while trying to fix what can be fixed inside ourselves with love and support, enjoying time spent together, so that the idea of really being a part of a large, global family becomes a REALITY. It seems to me that only in this way is the ground truly prepared for learning to love the self and others and the Universe at large; and it is that frequency that adjusts the antennae of our cells and enables us to be and to see.
Too true. The extremely important qualities that have been stripped away from the average human being are not things like the ability to dig a ditch or restrict their food (people can still easily do such things themselves), but the ability to truly understand themselves and others, as a result gain some control over themselves and their programming, and through that create real, life-sustaining and life affirming connections to others. It's not an easy thing to do, so I'm not surprised that people see digging ditches as preferable.
how what they call "seclusion" couldn't be a more "exposed" life in a more meaningful sense, always on call for others, always ready to face oneself and difficulties, building relationships which is QUITE hard, and much more together.

Thank you all for these wise words. Indeed, to love is such a hard thing to do. It truly requires moving beyond our programs and mechanical thinking patterns and mechanical emotional reactions. Otherwise we don't SEE others. And if we don't even SEE, but just look at others as some kind of extension of our own crap, accumulated over decades and maybe lifetimes, how can we LOVE? I must say I went through a few "mechanical crap" motions in my interactions with all of you, but oh, the glory when you can move beyond your own silly ego, if even just temporarily... That not only makes one appreciate all your efforts, in kind of a cold and rational way, but also love each one of you in different ways :love:

Now, certainly, we could have people come here, compel them to dig ditches and fill them back in again, get up at the crack of dawn to pray or meditate, restrict their food intake, schedule them for all kinds of so-called esoteric practices throughout the day, and so forth. Perhaps that is what Beetlemaniac was expecting?
Just looking at it from an observer's point of view - I don't know if that was REALLY what I was expecting - I get the sense that I was really there for LOVE and nothing else. Truth be told - of all the times I could have made the trip, I decided to make it at the time of my birthday, which kind of tells me that I really wanted to celebrate and be celebrated and lavished with goodies and love, like a little puppy. It's really quite embarrassing for me to see this and it's been on my mind. So my expectation of strict, rigorous monastic Work life was totally in contradiction with what my heart REALLY wanted. Which tells me another thing - if I can keep working on being more truthful, at all levels, heart, mind, and dare I say it, soul - hopefully I'll be able to rebalance my psyche and become more capable of pursuing what would make my life more meaningful. I don't know where else to start but with my connections with this network. I also have some plans to increase the scope of my social life in real life which hopefully will also be a good avenue to develop connections based on trust and honesty.

It's not right for you to be coming here, without participating much, and then making strange accusations which don't hold any water. I did the same so I know that it comes from a lack of insight into my own issues and stored up pain. It's not an easy realization to make for anyone because projecting it outward is what we've been doing all this while to make that internal darkness invisible to us. Owning up to our shadow is something all of us need to do to progress spiritually. There's your ground for the work right there and it is a place of untold potential waiting to be unlocked if only you plucked up the courage to do so.
I'm sorry EFJH, but I think I was being harsh and judgmental when I said this - I'm sorry for projecting my own stuff onto you like that - I'm not in a position to dictate what you should or shouldn't say, being that I myself have SO much work to do on myself. You are a common compatriot no matter how isolated you feel from the network. However, I feel you'd be wise to heed Laura's suggestion to articulate truly what you think could be improved, if you're not in the midst of doing that already. I am curious to see what you find.

Truth be told - of all the times I could have made the trip, I decided to make it at the time of my birthday, which kind of tells me that I really wanted to celebrate and be celebrated and lavished with goodies and love, like a little puppy. It's really quite embarrassing for me to see this and it's been on my mind.

That's a good observation. The thought of scheduling a long visit to someone when my birthday falls during that time feels very selfish. You're basically requiring your hosts to plan some sort of celebration for you, which is an unfair burden to put on people who are already dealing with the presence of a guest and trying to make sure they are comfortable. When those people have just met you for the first time, it adds an even bigger burden. Seems like it's the perfect example of behavior that is internally considerate only.

I'm sorry EFJH, but I think I was being harsh and judgmental when I said this - I'm sorry for projecting my own stuff onto you like that

I've had similar thoughts, but let's see if EFJH is able to move forward from this in a positive (and hopefully) more humble way or whether he's going to continue to hold himself above all which is just an ego defense mechanism.

As i see also on my case, that no matter in which knowledge level You are, there are many areas of life.... To start changing you just have to want. I wish it to All who have large number of doubts :)

Hello Everyone.

Firstly, I would like to personally apologise to Laura. I was assuming I know anything about the private side of your work
(FOTCM, et cetera). It was ego-driven, narcissistic, and childish. I insulted you and all your years of hard work researching and the personal energy you expended to achieve your goals.

I also apologise to all of the members at the Château, the Farm, and Caesarea for insulting their hard work as well.

Also, I would like to apologise to the rest of the forum for my recent ego-driven behaviour. I have been reviewing my posts as well as the responses over the last few days. I wanted to make sure I really see myself the way I’m reflected. It’s a pretty sad sight to say the least.

My lack of networking blinded me to applying the knowledge I’ve acquired here freely. I have ‘taken’ a lot but I haven’t participated and shared in the forum and it has caused an obvious block. This is the first forum with which I have interacted and learning to communicate effectively with this medium has been an eye opening experience.

I have reflected over the last few days, and I don’t know where I would be right now without having been the recipient of the benefits of Laura’s EE program. This (free) program has helped me immensely with some recent health issues (I can expand on that elsewhere in later posts), as well as in general day-to-day stress relief.

I have benefited immensely from the diet and health sections of this forum. I have gathered a lot of data in the esoteric and psychological ‘machine-cleaning’ sections of the forum (which I obviously have not applied well), and, of course, the daily dose of the “real world” with the volunteer group efforts of SOTT.

SOTT is another example of work given freely by many members here to help others see the world crumbling around us, as it is – not as the PTB would like us to perceive. I thank you for that team effort as well.

Many people have contributed greatly to the vast repository of information contained within this forum. So much freely given help. I do feel like quite the idiot and I have a lot to learn. I have all of you to thank for opening my eyes and allowing me to see that (real) networking is the only way I can apply the knowledge I have acquired. I hope I am allowed to continue my learning here. I will be re-reading many books, beginning with the Wave.

I will respond to some of the more recent replies as well but I wanted to communicate my thoughts with this post.

I would like to thank all of you for reading this post.

EFJH, First: I think you need to be specific about your grievances. Remember GIGO. If you aren't specific with your input, you don't get satisfactory output.

Second: Along with that input about grievances, what you think is wrong, you need to list proposals of what you would like to see changed; be specific; tell us what we ought to be doing that would make you feel satisfied.

Hey Laura,

Here are my thoughts regarding my original post. I am aware that I am ignorant of the information that is critical to executing this idea or plan effectively.

I would like to see more communities built similar to that of the homes in France and North Carolina. I would like those communities to be self-sufficient, i.e. grow their own food, slaughter animals for proteins, et cetera, so that they may have access to the time necessary to truly grow in awareness and participate in the work to the full extent of their abilities.

Imagine a group of people participating in every aspect of daily living. The group could wake and make a meal together. They would help to clean after such a meal. Next, they may work on a farm together to ensure they have the food necessary to sustain their community. If such a collective were to truly help each other, these tasks would be completed quickly. There would be a significant amount of leisure throughout the day for every member to research, study, learn, share their newly gathered knowledge with others, and perhaps even have time for themselves.

Conversely, when one has to participate in a system that oppresses them, (corporate America) work eight hours a day, drive for x amount of hours to and from their destinations, and do all of the things necessary to survive, one would not be allowed to function as the people living in the community that I described above.

Imagine how much people would grow if every forum member were allowed to exist in such a manner. The growth would be exponential.

Naturally, people would still have to be compatible with each other to exist in such a way. There would be many logistics to consider. However, I think that it would be possible if everyone contributed to it equally. A small group of people could live together in a rental home, save money through their regular jobs, and execute a plan to create another FOTCM home. It would be similar to block chain technologies. Once everyone is self-sufficient, the entire network could assist other entities in the network.

Hey Laura,

Here are my thoughts regarding my original post. I am aware that I am ignorant of the information that is critical to executing this idea or plan effectively.

I would like to see more communities built similar to that of the homes in France and North Carolina. I would like those communities to be self-sufficient, i.e. grow their own food, slaughter animals for proteins, et cetera, so that they may have access to the time necessary to truly grow in awareness and participate in the work to the full extent of their abilities.

We would like to see that too.

But first, you have to have a group that WANTS to do that, that has tested (to some extent) its compatibility, has some funding of its own (we can assist but we aren't big enough yet to totally fund such experiments).

Imagine a group of people participating in every aspect of daily living. The group could wake and make a meal together. They would help to clean after such a meal. Next, they may work on a farm together to ensure they have the food necessary to sustain their community. If such a collective were to truly help each other, these tasks would be completed quickly. There would be a significant amount of leisure throughout the day for every member to research, study, learn, share their newly gathered knowledge with others, and perhaps even have time for themselves.

Conversely, when one has to participate in a system that oppresses them, (corporate America) work eight hours a day, drive for x amount of hours to and from their destinations, and do all of the things necessary to survive, one would not be allowed to function as the people living in the community that I described above.

Imagine how much people would grow if every forum member were allowed to exist in such a manner. The growth would be exponential.

Naturally, people would still have to be compatible with each other to exist in such a way. There would be many logistics to consider. However, I think that it would be possible if everyone contributed to it equally. A small group of people could live together in a rental home, save money through their regular jobs, and execute a plan to create another FOTCM home. It would be similar to block chain technologies. Once everyone is self-sufficient, the entire network could assist other entities in the network.

We agree 100%. We would like to see this happen. But we can't MAKE it happen without the willing and able participants.

We would like to see that too.

But first, you have to have a group that WANTS to do that, that has tested (to some extent) its compatibility, has some funding of its own (we can assist but we aren't big enough yet to totally fund such experiments).

We agree 100%. We would like to see this happen. But we can't MAKE it happen without the willing and able participants.
Yeah I know you had some local groups that met together but didn't do the communal house thing including one where I'm at (Arizona). However I know the former moderator who was in that group isn't overly colinear at the moment and I'm married to someone who even though she likes the transcripts (she's quite into to things like 9-11 and the end times and related the Cs to the star coming down in a Narnia movie) she's not overly colinear (the Julius Caesar thing) and her job as a Catholic school teacher would not overly fit (and for this reason I'm not in the private FOTCM forum) so yes getting enough of the right people together in the same place seems to be a problem. Getting single people to move from various places who have good mobile jobs aka don't really care were they live and have good incomes might work but still not easy given that it's not like we have a million extremely colinear people from which to find the ones who could move.

Yeah I know you had some local groups that met together but didn't do the communal house thing including one where I'm at (Arizona). However I know the former moderator who was in that group isn't overly colinear at the moment and I'm married to someone who even though she likes the transcripts (she's quite into to things like 9-11 and the end times and related the Cs to the star coming down in a Narnia movie) she's not overly colinear (the Julius Caesar thing) and her job as a Catholic school teacher would not overly fit (and for this reason I'm not in the private FOTCM forum) so yes getting enough of the right people together in the same place seems to be a problem. Getting single people to move from various places who have good mobile jobs aka don't really care were they live and have good incomes might work but still not easy given that it's not like we have a million extremely colinear people from which to find the ones who could move.

Yes, this, and many more complications come up any time such a plan is floated.

Right now, the best we can do is host meetings of different groups where they have the opportunity to live and interact together for as long a period of time as they are able to arrange, and if at some point, something clicks in those groups and they decide to take the next step, we are there to help them.

We also organize it so that different groups can interact/live with each other for a period so that say, the group from one area can hang out with the group from another area.

Sometimes, the best people can do is to move close to each other so that they can more easily hang out.

That's a good observation. The thought of scheduling a long visit to someone when my birthday falls during that time feels very selfish. You're basically requiring your hosts to plan some sort of celebration for you, which is an unfair burden to put on people who are already dealing with the presence of a guest and trying to make sure they are comfortable. When those people have just met you for the first time, it adds an even bigger burden. Seems like it's the perfect example of behavior that is internally considerate only.

I've been thinking about replying you Beau, for quite a while and I think I've been avoiding it for too long. I'm thinking that you were expecting a reply as well. You are basically right on all those counts. I guess my actions was inexcusable and childish and indulgent. I hope it's alright if I post a bit more detail in the members' section, as I don't feel comfortable to post it here, and it also involves other members.

Reactions: Meg
Back
Top Bottom