Review: Carolyn Evers and Archangel Michael Conclave

Is the derisive nature of this critique ("Her material is 'unique' in that the content really scrapes from the caked bottom of the credulity barrel, providing scraps that only the most extreme uncritical minds would feed upon") really necessary? I can't help but wonder how many people have experienced healing by the transmissions of such "lesser" channels. Perhaps we have a reflexive distaste for them because they do reveal a form of ignorance that we recognize. Can one doubt that such ignorance exists in every nation and every people and that it in fact represents a larger portion of humanity than does our society of "tasteful" intellects?

Gurdjieff taught that during times right before the end of civilizations, the amount of knowledge generally available increases. I don't think he meant that our university system was going to have a progressive renaissance.

If there ever is a time when we are "holding a frequency" to facilitate the passage of ourselves and our other selves into another density, it will not entail criticising them on account of their ignorance.

The C's have implied that a positive Frequency Resonance Vibration is not dependent upon the development of intellectual capacity. Ra material implies that intellectual capacity increases the opportunities for polarization, but does not say that it is essential to it.

Certainly any channel can fall prey to STS forces and become their instrument. How do we distinguish between COINTELPRO and what is simply a lack of sophistication?

radish said:
Gurdjieff taught that during times right before the end of civilizations, the amount of knowledge generally available increases. I don't think he meant that our university system was going to have a progressive renaissance.
And why does the amount of knowledge increase?

Gurdjieff said:
"The fact is that the enormous majority of people do not want any knowledge whatever; they refuse their share of it and do not even take the ration allotted to them, in the general distribution, for the purposes of life. This is particularly evident in times of mass madness such as wars, revolutions, and so on, when men suddenly seem to lose even the small amount of common sense they had and turn into complete automatons, giving themselves over to wholesale destruction in vast numbers, in other words, even losing the instinct of self-preservation. Owing to this, enormous quantities of knowledge remain, so to speak, unclaimed and can be distributed among those who realize its value.
"There is nothing unjust in this, because those who receive knowledge take nothing that belongs to others, deprive others of nothing; they take only what others have rejected as useless and what would in any case be lost if they did not take it. The collecting of knowledge by some depends upon the rejection of knowledge by others.

"There are periods in the life of humanity, which generally coincide with the beginning of the fall of cultures and civilizations, when the masses irretrievably lose their reason and begin to destroy everything that has been created by centuries and millenniums of culture. Such periods of mass madness, often coinciding with geological cataclysms, climatic changes, and similar phenomena of a planetary character, release a very great quantity of the matter of knowledge. This, in its turn, necessitates the work of collecting this matter of knowledge which would otherwise be lost. Thus the work of collecting scattered matter of knowledge frequently coincides with the beginning of the destruction and fall of cultures and civilizations.
"This aspect of the question is clear. The crowd neither wants nor seeks knowledge, and the leaders of the crowd, in their own interests, try to strengthen its fear and dislike of everything new and unknown. The slavery in which mankind lives is based upon this fear. It is even difficult to imagine all the horror of this slavery. We do not understand what people are losing. But in order to understand the cause of this slavery it is enough to see how people live, what constitutes the aim of their existence, the object of their desires, passions, and aspirations, of what they think, of what they talk, what they serve and what they worship.
radish said:
Certainly any channel can fall prey to STS forces and become their instrument. How do we distinguish between COINTELPRO and what is simply a lack of sophistication?
In the end result, it is the same thing, so why not call it as such?

Perhaps my urge to defend an underdog (people who become adherants of questionable channels) is also unnecessary. I tend to see in humanity a huge pool of suffering and I'm not surprised that many go for whatever makes them feel good. People do have to make a choice to receive knowledge or not.

Thank you for putting in the excerpts, my memory was distorting this:

"Such periods ... release a very great quantity of the matter of knowledge. This, in its turn, necessitates the work of collecting this matter of knowledge which would otherwise be lost. Thus the work of collecting scattered matter of knowledge frequently coincides with the beginning of the destruction and fall of cultures and civilizations."

This is somewhat mysterious to me. What does this collection of scattered knowledge look like and how is it's necessity realized? Is there an excess of knowledge that is not being received by anyone? Perhaps such questions are unanswerable.

radish said:
Perhaps my urge to defend an underdog (people who become adherants of questionable channels) is also unnecessary.
Why do you see such people as the "underdog"? It seems to me that there are far more of these people out there than there are those considering channelled information critically.

radish said:
I tend to see in humanity a huge pool of suffering and I'm not surprised that many go for whatever makes them feel good. People do have to make a choice to receive knowledge or not.
Oddly enough, it can be this suffering that helps drive people to seek truth. Suffering, both conscious and unconscious, has its place.

radish said:
"Such periods ... release a very great quantity of the matter of knowledge. This, in its turn, necessitates the work of collecting this matter of knowledge which would otherwise be lost. Thus the work of collecting scattered matter of knowledge frequently coincides with the beginning of the destruction and fall of cultures and civilizations."

This is somewhat mysterious to me. What does this collection of scattered knowledge look like and how is it's necessity realized? Is there an excess of knowledge that is not being received by anyone? Perhaps such questions are unanswerable.
I think the Signs page is a good example. The team gather all sorts of stories from around the world that would otherwise go unnoticed, and add this data to a collection which can be analysed for patterns and compared against current working hypotheses.

I would recommend (re?)reading "In Search of the Miraculous" Chapters II to IV - there is a lot of really good material there on the subject of knowledge.

Why do you see such people as the "underdog"? It seems to me that there are far more of these people out there than there are those considering channelled information critically.
I guess this boils down to a mechanical response that causes me to question behavior that seems “unkindᾠ and/or feel sorry for the apparent objects of it. Not that I am always "kind", I do have a mean streak and can be quite hasty.

I’m sure I am not well enough versed in the whole “fieldᾠ of channeling to appreciate the depth of manipulation that occurs. Comments from Laura in a different thread here have helped me understand this, particularly this:

Laura said:
... In a forum of normal people ... who have already thrown off the yoke of brainwashing ... it is only natural that they will be very good at spotting deviants and that REAL SOCIAL PROOF will manifest. Since they ALL can see what is happening, because they have "been there, done that," its not difficult to imagine why they ALL just simply pour scorn on any new manipulator who comes down the pike, once he has been identified by certain criteria as a manipulator.
Thank you.

Boy does that G quote really sum up what it was like in the United States in 2002. Now people have gotten their little bit of common sense back but at GREAT cost.

Exactly like classic Greek tragedy, too.

Ryan said:
Gurdjieff said:
"The fact is that the enormous majority of people do not want any knowledge whatever; they refuse their share of it and do not even take the ration allotted to them, in the general distribution, for the purposes of life. This is particularly evident in times of mass madness such as wars, revolutions, and so on, when men suddenly seem to lose even the small amount of common sense they had and turn into complete automatons, giving themselves over to wholesale destruction in vast numbers, in other words, even losing the instinct of self-preservation. Owing to this, enormous quantities of knowledge remain, so to speak, unclaimed and can be distributed among those who realize its value.

radish said:
I guess this boils down to a mechanical response that causes me to question behavior that seems “unkind� and/or feel sorry for the apparent objects of it. Not that I am always "kind", I do have a mean streak and can be quite hasty.
I understand. Some of the longer-term members of this forum occasionally throw a few barbed comments around about the things these disinfo types do and say. Sometimes it is appropriate. Sometimes they forget themselves and indulge their own mean streak (myself included). Unfortunately it is impossible to simply stop acting mechanically "on a dime", despite how much we might want to "force" ourselves to do it when these ideas are first encountered. Learning to observe and transmute negative emotions is not something that takes place overnight.

radish said:
I’m sure I am not well enough versed in the whole “field� of channeling to appreciate the depth of manipulation that occurs.
I think that we are all generally not well versed enough in LIFE to appreciate the depth of manipulation that occurs. I have met people who can be quite savvy at determining when other people are attempting to manipulate them, but would refuse to even consider that 9-11 was an inside job. They can see the "micro-scale" stuff, but not the "macro-scale". And then I've met a lot more people who can kind of grok "macro-scale" stuff, but not "micro-scale", personal manipulations. Here, we are learning to see both (in "real time"), and that makes it a bit tougher than the "usual" class IMO!

Radish said:
I can't help but wonder how many people have experienced healing by the transmissions of such "lesser" channels.
This reminds me of a story. My former mother-in-law (now deceased) was a flaming fundamentalist. She was totally tuned into Jimmy Swaggert, the televangelist of some fame quite a few years back. One of his well-known tricks was to hold his hand up while praying and tell the home audience to put their hand on the TV screen on top of his and they would get "healed."

Well, MIL had a bum knee that gave her a lot of trouble, so she followed the instructions and "got a miracle"! Her bum knee was healed!

Of course, she was busy calling everyone and telling them that God healed her knee through Jimmy Swaggert. She had no pain and got around like a Spring chicken!

The knee was fine for about a year and then... dum da de dummm... Jimmy Swaggert got caught with a prostitute and ended up in the middle of a big scandal.

Guess what?

The MIL knee went South immediately. As soon as she learned that her idol had feet of clay, she "lost her healing." Her explanation was that it was a "deception of Satan" and as soon as she was undeceived, the suffering - which God obviously expected her to endure thankfully - returned.

Radish said:
I guess this boils down to a mechanical response that causes me to question behavior that seems “unkind� and/or feel sorry for the apparent objects of it.
But consider that the "objects" in question do not feel one bit of pity for anyone but themselves. They don't care about knowledge or the Universe or the people they are duping either intentionally or because they, themselves, are duped. They never ask themselves "could I be wrong and leading others astray" because they really don't care. Oh, sure, they say they care, but time and again I have heard people declare with the greatest sincerity and urgency that "All I want is the truth." But the instant you present them with an unpleasant truth that they don't LIKE, all that goes out the window. What they really want is what they LIKE, not the Truth. And they want what they LIKE because it is what they have decided in advance to be pleasant or amenable to their version of Truth. In short, they love themselves and their views more than Truth itself, and to hell with anybody or anything that gets in the way.

They become the blind leading the blind. And what happens in that situation? They both fall into the ditch.

So, are we supposed to feel sorry for such egotistical madness?

As the Cs say: Pity those who pity.

Back
Top Bottom