Ruler of the Mind?: Prayer Questions

Finally, one thing that was uppermost in my mind was this: "Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all else will be added unto you."

If you understand the "kingdom of heaven" as knowledge/awareness/being then you will see that the prayer deals with exactly that. I am also reminded of a story in 1 Kings 3:5 where God appears to Solomon and says: “Ask for whatever you want and I will give it to you.” Solomon thought about this and finally asked God to give him an "understanding heart." In other words, he asked for wisdom/knowledge, the ability to see and hear truth so that he could be a good king.

So God gave Solomon an understanding heart AND all the things he did not ask for… riches, power and honor and so on.

When we have true knowledge and awareness, when we have BEing, we are allowing the Universe to express itself through us in its mode of knowledge, awareness and BEing. If you think about this for a moment, knowledge and awareness and BEing include, by default, being in synch with life and creativity and creation itself.

If you have knowledge and awareness and BEing, no matter where you are or what is happening, you are in the right place at the right time; you will see what you need to see, hear what you need to hear, meet who you need to meet, and have what you need to have. All of that is included in "seek ye first the kingdom of heaven."

Seeking knowledge of all creation is learning to express the Universe in it's aspect of knowledge and when you do that, you are expressing unlimited potential.

This is what you receive when you ask for an "understanding heart."

With an understanding heart we also experience compassion and love. We also experience gratitude and inspiration and most important of all, trust in the Universe to know what it is doing and to submit ourselves to our true, higher nature - that which can be born in us if we die to the personal wants, needs, assumptions, expectations, and so on.

So, again, go over that prayer and explain to me ONE thing that you would lack in your life if all that prayer asks was granted to you.

So well said--it goes straight to my heart/mind/soul. Meditating our non-anticipatory vision as a group, while gazing at our crystals or after saying the POTS, or while moving, is what I think about after reading the last sentence above, "So, again, go over that prayer and explain to me ONE thing that you would lack in your life if all that prayer asks was granted to you."

Just want to add that POTS is the most powerful prayer I have ever heard/said/felt. The very first time I heard it was listening to Laura say it on the CD and my visceral reaction was to cry tears of joy and gratitude! For me "The Lord's Prayer" was so encrusted with patriarchal sediment, that I felt it was an inversion of an original prayer of some kind--something about the Mother, for instance. With saying "the Divine Cosmic Mind" instead, it becomes a kind of prayer about the Mother and the Father=Androgenous. :love:

The first time I heard the prayer, it hit me that the "ruler" of the mind is the heart. And the Divine Cosmic mind IS carried in the heart. And the mind inspired by the Mind is the saviour of the soul.

SolarMother said:
The first time I heard the prayer, it hit me that the "ruler" of the mind is the heart. And the Divine Cosmic mind IS carried in the heart. And the mind inspired by the Mind is the saviour of the soul.

That way of looking at it is just as beautiful to me as the prayer itself! :)

Thank you SolarMother
:love: so inspirational, wrote your quote on my handwritten EE journal as a reminder.

DCMind >( heart > mind ) = saviour of soul
[quote author=SolarMother]
the "ruler" of the mind is the heart. And the Divine Cosmic mind IS carried in the heart. And the mind inspired by the Mind is the saviour of the soul.

HowToBe try on the concept that we are not our minds--that our real "I" is our core essence/soul and the mind is a computer like tool that evolved to aid humans in their higher functioning activities. The way I understand it, along with the mind comes the personality/ego, neither of which is our true identity either. Our mind and personality have created a variety of 'little "i"s` or parts of our identity that emerge and compete for control which is why we have a difficult time behaving consistently.

Because we have learned to pay attention to the part of the mind that thinks in words we become identified with it as our real self when in truth our conscience is not confined to the mind. The Buddhist speak of the "monkey mind" that chatters at our essence endless throughout the day in a mad diatribe of wants and desires in service of the ego which drives it. The stillness that is strived for in meditation is the “rule of the mind” that is asked for in the POTS—to have help from the DCM to quiet the endless purposeless energy draining chatter that keeps us from knowing our true selves. This is my understanding of it and I welcome any discussion that furthers my knowledge.
shellycheval

Thanks, shellycheval. Your description seems good to me. I've never heard the Buddhist description before, although I recognize the concepts from reading things on the forum. The prayer doesn't really worry me at this point, although I'm having difficulty seeing these things in myself and putting what I've read into practice. I try to do EE regularly. Diet is a problem as we are low on money.

I wonder if it's possible to be "too tired to relax"? I'm just curious because I've been doing EE at night most of the time, and some nights I'm so tired that I fall asleep the moment I lay down. My brother thinks exhausted and relaxed aren't really the same thing, and I think he's probably right.

I need to get back into reading The Wave, I think.

Hi, HowToBe. If you can fit it into your schedule, trying doing the full EE program in the morning (and even doing EE and skipping the round breathing). It really energizes me in the mornings, while doing some pipe breathing and POTS right before going to sleep works to wind me down and sleep better.

And I hope you have some new opportunities in your finances to fully pursue a healthy diet, as it's REALLY crucial. In the meantime keep reading and learning what a healthy diet IS.

SeekinTruth said:
Hi, HowToBe. If you can fit it into your schedule, trying doing the full EE program in the morning (and even doing EE and skipping the round breathing). It really energizes me in the mornings, while doing some pipe breathing and POTS right before going to sleep works to wind me down and sleep better.

And I hope you have some new opportunities in your finances to fully pursue a healthy diet, as it's REALLY crucial. In the meantime keep reading and learning what a healthy diet IS.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. It'll take more effort because I'm a machine in the mornings, particularly if I go to bed very tired (and of course it's worse when my sleep cycle is off).

I'm going to bite the bullet and apply to some local fast-foods and stores for job positions. We can't do anything as it is, and it's gotten worse recently.

truth seeker said:
parallel said:
I've been wondering on the part of clear my eyes/ears that I may see/hear. What is the the significance to eyes and ears apart (they have seperate lines in the prayer and the saying always states 'eyes to see and ears to hear')? I'm unsure how to frame this question, is it implying a double check of facts, a corroboration of sound and vision as discernment of language and action?
I've always translated that as meaning to "see" the unseen - what may or may not be be visible to those who are not wiling to view reality objectively. This entails everything. The same goes for hearing. Others may have more to add.

Another thing I got out of the distinction is that, your eyes must focus on particular objects, while your ears have 360 degree attention. I think it asks for us to sense and absorb important facts and observations on the periphery of our minds, and not just the immediate tasks in front of our nose.

One possible to look at it IMHO is that the eyes/seeing imply direct experience and ears/hearing imply indirect experience through others (networking).

truth seeker said:
parallel said:
I've been wondering on the part of clear my eyes/ears that I may see/hear. What is the the significance to eyes and ears apart (they have seperate lines in the prayer and the saying always states 'eyes to see and ears to hear')? I'm unsure how to frame this question, is it implying a double check of facts, a corroboration of sound and vision as discernment of language and action?
I've always translated that as meaning to "see" the unseen - what may or may not be be visible to those who are not wiling to view reality objectively. This entails everything. The same goes for hearing. Others may have more to add.

Maybe another direction to view the crystal is to "see" and hear the lies that we maintain both internally and externally. If we maintain the lies, "knowledge of all creation" must be distorted (STS). Truly "seeing" the lies we tell ourselves and operate under is so difficult - being buried in and amongst so many programs. Gentle help to truly "see" and "hear" these lies coupled with effort of self-observation seems powerful - to me anyway. So,

Help me grow in knowledge of all creation

Seems to be naturally followed by

Clear my eyes that I may see
Clear my ears that I may hear

shellycheval said:
Because we have learned to pay attention to the part of the mind that thinks in words we become identified with it as our real self when in truth our conscience is not confined to the mind. The Buddhist speak of the "monkey mind" that chatters at our essence endless throughout the day in a mad diatribe of wants and desires in service of the ego which drives it. The stillness that is strived for in meditation is the “rule of the mind” that is asked for in the POTS—to have help from the DCM to quiet the endless purposeless energy draining chatter that keeps us from knowing our true selves. This is my understanding of it and I welcome any discussion that furthers my knowledge.
shellycheval

I just thought I'd throw something else into the mix here since we are suppose to be looking at all ways of interpreting what is being said in the PTOS.

The phrase before the "carried in the heart", "ruler of the mind" and "savior of the soul" is

Holy awareness in all creation.

Could it be that Awareness is what could be carried in the heart, ruler of the mind and the savior of the soul?

Isn't awareness what we are trying to improve through all of our Working on ourselves? Wouldn't it be great if once we become aware enough of ourselves, our environment, etc. that we could be objectively and consciously aware enough so that it would be carried in our hearts, rule our minds (thinking and feeling in true awareness) and that it could very well save our souls?

Like I said, I'm just throwing this into the pot for further examination for us while looking at all of the ways to interpret what this prayer is saying.

fwiw

Nienna Eluch said:
shellycheval said:
shellycheval

I just thought I'd throw something else into the mix here since we are suppose to be looking at all ways of interpreting what is being said in the PTOS.

The phrase before the "carried in the heart", "ruler of the mind" and "savior of the soul" is

Could it be that Awareness is what could be carried in the heart, ruler of the mind and the savior of the soul?

Isn't awareness what we are trying to improve through all of our Working on ourselves? Wouldn't it be great if once we become aware enough of ourselves, our environment, etc. that we could be objectively and consciously aware enough so that it would be carried in our hearts, rule our minds (thinking and feeling in true awareness) and that it could very well save our souls?

Like I said, I'm just throwing this into the pot for further examination for us while looking at all of the ways to interpret what this prayer is saying.

fwiw

Off the cuff, I must say that I like that idea alot.

fwiw

that's the way I see it too

Galaxia2002 said:

that's the way I see it too

Same here, that's how I've been interpreting those sentences :)

Nienna Eluch

I resonated with that too.

That our prayer is for objective awareness, and 3 & 4DSTS is constantly trying to thwart us from this awareness, so we need to say the POTS as protection and as part of our Work.

Back
Top Bottom