Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers

Yes, Hoagland, at one time, was producing really good things. But, he did, eventually, go off the rails and Laura and Ark were aware of it.

Q: (A) I don't know for what reason, but I want to write about disinformation, or lying, by Bearden and misleading by Richard Hoagland. I want to expose them. I don't know if it is a good thing, but the idea that I should do it, provided it is done in a proper way...

A: The problem with Mr. Hoagland is that he has been lead astray by others.

Q: (A) He has been lead astray by others, and now he is leading astray many others himself.

A: Yes.

Q: (A) I don't know why, but somehow I want to prevent this. The main question is: he takes a lot of info and propagates some of the ideas that come from Bearden, and which, to me, are evidently wrong. I believe Bearden knows that he is simply lying; about Maxwell equations, for example; how physicists have been deceived and how silly they are and how they are in the dark. My question is: assuming that, because it is almost evident to me, that he is lying and he knows that he is lying, why is doing that?

A: Maybe has been paid to do so. Who would benefit from this? {Hoagland and Bearden's lies.}

Q: (A) Government, secret government, Lizzies...

A: Uh huh.

Q: (A) The next question is: will I be in trouble...

A: Best to contact him directly, privately.

Q: (A) Him? Bearden or Hoagland?

A: Former. Hoagland is not in control anymore.
So this is just a bit of a warning to tread carefully when dealing with Hoagland and his ideas.

Yes, Hoagland, at one time, was producing really good things. But, he did, eventually, go off the rails and Laura and Ark were aware of it.

So this is just a bit of a warning to tread carefully when dealing with Hoagland and his ideas.
Nienna, I completely appreciate the point you and the C's are making and it is sad to reflect that Hoagland has sold out to dark forces. I recall that he had a serious heart attack several years ago and he doesn't seem to have been the same person since. I would venture a guess that his heart attack may have been induced by the PTB and was sent either as a warning to him or was an outright attempt to kill him (he had certainly got under the skin of NASA, JPL and the scientific establishment generally). It could be as a result of this that he allowed himself to be coopted. Money talks. However, I think his early material, before say 2010, is still useful for research purposes as long as you are discerning.

It was noticeable that Dr Tom Van Flandern, a scientist whose work Hoagland promoted, died not long before Hoagland's heart attack from a quick acting cancer that many in the alternative science community thought could have been induced in order to shut him up, as he was giving too much away. Hoagland was also in contact with the doctor or professor at MIT who had championed the ground breaking work of two young researchers under him who had made a fantastic break through in the field of cold fusion. Their reputations were destroyed within days of the release of their results when the US Department of Defence realised the implications of their findings. From memory, Hoagland was flying up to see the professor but he cancelled the flight when he found out the professor had been killed in a burglary at his home the night before. The funny thing was that when the professor's body was discovered he still had his wallet on him full of cash. Hoagland surmised that the professor had been taken out to stop him talking. Hence, Hoagland may have had good reason to suspect his heart attack was not natural. However, if the C's are right, he seems to have gone in the other direction in order to preserve his life and make some money.

Eugene Wesley Roddenberry (August 19, 1921 – October 24, 1991)

I was not intending to add a piece on Gene Roddenberry in this thread until later. However, a lively discussion on the Real Direct 4D STO Contact? thread prompted me to post the narrative shown below, which I thought should be moved to this thread for further discussion (N.B. I have expanded the original script to include more material):

Woodsman, I started this thread to try and draw out those influences on our popular culture today. I was going to ask the question on this thread when did the first reference to a 'Federation' come into the current zeitgeist but you beat me to it. I think one of the people who helped promote the concept of the Federation was Gene Roddenberry, the creator of the Star Trek franchise. I was in fact thinking of doing a piece on him. Although he is not renowned as a science fiction writer, he did write some of the screenplays to Star Trek episodes himself. He also helped to create other science fictions shows such as Andromeda (which had a commonwealth rather than a federation) the Questor Tapes and Genesis II.

Where did Roddenberry get the concept of the Federation from? Well we know he was involved in the channelling sessions of entities that described themselves as the Council of Nine or the 'Ennead' in the 1950's. If you are interested, Ancient Aliens did a whole show on them in season 11: episode 8. The man at the centre of these channellings was Andrija Puharich, US Army Captain and author of a government paper on the weaponisation of ESP. He was in fact a government scientist, who may have worked for the CIA and been involved in the MK Ultra project. He certainly did expirements on psychedelic substances and may have been one of those involved in creating LSD, which was used with disastrous results in the Vietnam War (see the film Jacob's Ladder for a reference). Clive Prince and Lynn Picknett's book 'The Star Gate Conspiracy' contains a very detailed account of these channellings (N.B. I appreciate that Lynn Picknett comes with a health warning after her exchange of correspondence with Laura over the C's).

Gene Roddenberry was supposed to have incorporated many of the things he learned in these channelling sessions into his Star Trek series. For example, the idea of warp speed travel, teleportation, the 'Prime Directive' and, of course, the Federation. One wonders if they ever discussed the Borg? A chilling thought.

Back in 1960 NASA commissioned the Brookings Institute to do an analysis on the implications of peaceful space activities for human affairs, which when published became known as 'The Brookings Report'. One issue Brookings considered was what would be the effect on the population should NASA reveal news of the discovery of alien artifacts within our solar system. The view eventually taken by the Brookings Report was that such an announcement could lead to world wide chaos, which could seriously damage the world's economy. They were especially concerned for the impact on religious believers. Hence, they took the view that the public needed to be prepared by introducing science fiction related themes, aliens etc. into the social consciousness (mainly by way of movies and TV) to give people some foundation or point of reference when and if such discoveries were made. Please be aware that the science fiction films of the 1950's were mainly B Movies and considered pop corn fodder with a few notable exceptions such as 'The Day the World Stood Still' and 'Forbidden Planet'.

Hence, Gene Roddenberry, may have been one of those producers used to sew the seed for the possibility of advanced alien life existing beyond our planet. You should also know that he had a hard time selling Star Trek to the studios, so toxic was science fiction to TV chiefs at the time, and ended up pitching it as 'Wagon Train' in space (Wagon train being a popular cowboy TV series of the late 1950's early 1960's). Star Trek would, of course, be followed by Star Wars, Star Gate, Babylon 5 etc. and now science fiction is established as a popular genre on TV and in the movies but this certainly wasn't so before the 1960's. You could say mission accomplished because it is doubtful if people today would be so shocked by the revelation of advanced alien life in our galaxy as they would have been prior to the 1960's. Just think of the impact Orson Welles 'War of the Worlds' radio broadcast had on the 1930's American public to get some sense of the panic that might have ensued. Indeed, was Welles broadcast a planned psyop to guage the public reaction? Some ufologists think so.

Gene Roddenberry was an American television screenwriter, producer and creator of Star Trek, and its sequel spin-off series Star Trek: The Next Generation. Born in El Paso, Texas, Roddenberry grew up in Los Angeles, where his father was a police officer. Roddenberry flew 89 combat missions in the US Army Air Force during World War II, and worked as a commercial pilot after the war. Later, he followed in his father's footsteps and joined the Los Angeles Police Department, where he also began to write scripts for television.

As a frelance writer, Roddenberry wrote scripts for Highway Patrol, Have Gun - Will Travel, and other series, before creating and producing his own television series, The Lieutenant. In 1964, Roddenberry created Star Trek, which premiered in 1966 and ran for three seasons before being canceled. He then worked on other projects, including a string of failed television pilots. The syndication of Star Trek led to its growing popularity; this, in turn, resulted in the Star Trek feature films, on which Roddenberry continued to produce and consult. In 1987, the sequel series Star Trek: The Next Generation began airing on television; Roddenberry was heavily involved in the initial development of the series, but took a less active role after the first season due to ill health. He continued to consult on the series until his death in 1991.

In 1985, he became the first TV writer with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and he was later inducted into both the Science Fiction Hall of Fame and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame. Years after his death, Roddenberry was one of the first humans to have his ashes carried into earth orbit. The popularity of the Star Trek universe and films has inspired films, books, comic books, video games, and fan films. [N.B. Biographic details have been sourced from Wikipedia.]

Star Trek chronicled the 23rd-century adventures of a cast of characters headed by Capt. James T Kirk, the Vulcan First Officer Mr. Spock, and other officers of the starship Enterprise. The 79 episodes of the series presented an optimistic view of life in the future as it traced the crew’s mission “to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.” When you analyse the early Star Trek series you can see that many episodes were used to comment on issues and topics that were highly relevant and current to the late 1960's, for example, nuclear war, war in general (the Vietnam War was raging at that time), racial discrimination (the 'civil rights' movement in the USA was in full swing), birth control and feminism to name but a few. Indeed, some reviewers see the Federation as a thinly veiled reference to the USA and its allies (NATO) and the Klingon Empire as a reference to the Soviet Empire with both blocs both competing on the world stage at the time. You should note that Star Trek was also trail blazing in being one of the first US TV series to include a multiracial crew, something that Roddenberry had insisted on.

Many episodes dealt with super beings (Charlie X and the Squire of Gothos for example) who could be viewed as 6th Density beings perhaps and were generally noncorporeal. This would eventually culminate in the introduction of the Q Continuum in Star Trek the Next Generation, where the mysterious figure of Q would emerge from time to time to set tests for Picard and his crew to pass in an ongoing examination of the human race. This ties in with the concept the C's have alluded to that we are an experiment and a work in progress as a species. There was also an episode called 'Johhny Seven', which dealt with a human who had been sent to 1967 America by benevolent aliens who had trained and equipped him on their world to stop the successful launch of a US nuclear weapons platform into space. The Enterprise crew intercepts the man as they fear he may be an agent from the future sent to change Earth's history and bring around a nuclear war. All works out well in the end but it is an interesting concept that may draw on inspiration from the 1950's Movie classic 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' starring Michael Rennie (which was remade in 2008 with Keanu Reeve in the lead). This film in turn may have drawn on the Valiant Thor story, which I referred to in a posting on the 'Real Direct 4D STO Contact?' thread. Did Roddenberry know about this story as he did have links with the Pentagon through his filming of the 'Lieutenant'?

Then there is the alien race known as the Vulcans who, although still clearly 3rd Density, are evidently more spiritually advanced than humans. They are hightly intelligent beings who have expunged all emotion from their lives (the ultimate stoics) and who strictly follow the path of logic in all things. They also closely follow the 'Prime Directive' not to interfer with the natural development of non-warp capable civilisations, which is a constant source of trial and tension for their more emotional human colleagues, who are more minded to get involved with primitive societies when they feel it is necessary. At times though, human emotions and instincts are seen to triumph over Vulcan logic. Vulcans also have a telepathic ability, sometimes demonstrated in the Vulcan mind meld, which is something 4th Density beings are said to possess.

It is interesting to note in light of what I said above that in 1974, Roddenberry was paid $25,000 by John Whitmore to write a script called The Nine. Intended to be about Andrija Puharich's parapsychological research. Apparently, it evolved into a frank exploration of his experiences attempting to earn a living attending science fiction conventions. I don't know if the script was ever completed and released.

By his own admission, Roddenberry was a humanist and he won the 1991 Humanist Arts Award from the American Humanist Association. Brannon Braga, a Star Trek franchise screenwriter and producer, said that Roddenberry made it known to the writers of Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation that religion, superstition, and mystical thinking were not to be included (although there seemed to be plenty of mystical thinking where the Vulcans were concerned!). Even a mention of marriage in a script for an early episode of The Next Generation resulted in Roddenberry's chastising the writers.

Some may wonder why I should include Roddenberry on this thread as he was renowned more as a TV producer than as a science fiction writer. However, he did write (and rewrite) several episodes of Star Trek himself and he would go ont to win two Hugo Awards. One was a special award for the series itself, while another was for "The Menagerie", the episode which used footage from the original unaired pilot for Star Trek, "The Cage". His influence as a science fiction writer was such that he was inducted into the Science Fiction Hall of Fame in 2007. Following his death in 1991, he was posthumously awarded the Robert A Heinlein Memorial Award by the National Space Agency and The George Pal Memorial Award at the Saturn Awards, as well as the Exceptional Public Service Medal by NASA. He was also long time friends with Isaac Asimov and Sir Arthur C Clarke, with whom he frequently corresponded. Roddenberry and Star Trek have been cited as inspiration for other science fiction franchises, with George Lucas crediting the series for enabling Star Wars to be produced. Michael Straczynski, creator of the Babylon 5 franchise, appreciated Star Trek amongst other science fiction series and "what they had to say about who we are, and where we are going."

Hence, although Roddenberry cannot be said to have been one of the great scince fiction writers such as Wells, Clarke, Heinlein and Asimov, his writing and TV shows have probably done more to influence our own present age than any of the aforesaid writers. After that, all I can say is "Beam me up Scottie".

Since you seem to be quite passionate and knowledgeable about the subject @MJF, would you mind if I pick your brain for a minute ?

I love science-fiction of a specific type and I'm finding it hard to find works in that specific sub-genre. I really like the adventure side of SF, i.e. bending the reader's with plausible scientific or philosophical related concepts, exploring the vastness of the unknown, teaming up as underdogs against all odds (of nature or other advanced civilizations), etc.

As an example of what I mean, I grew up with Stargate and its spinoff. These series alone expanded my horizon wider than anything else at that time. I seem to never be able find something as inventive and adventurous. There are many great SF works available today (regardless of the medium), however they all seem to focus on an existing/known world (e.g. colonized solar system), and/or on politics and/or detective work. Recently the movie Interstellar and the tv series Fringe both renewed my interest in this sub-genre but I couldn't find at the time an author or a book series that was similar.

I've tried Peter Hamilton Pandora's Star saga but it was a choral novel, with very few adventure parts and too many characters/plotlines for my little brain :-P I've read the works of Isaac Asimov and I really liked the psychohistory concept. But there were no exploration per se. On the tv side, Battlestar Galactica was enjoyable but there was too much politics for my taste.

There must be thousands of books and authors and I don't know where to look. Do you have any suggestions ?

Since you seem to be quite passionate and knowledgeable about the subject @MJF, would you mind if I pick your brain for a minute ?

I love science-fiction of a specific type and I'm finding it hard to find works in that specific sub-genre. I really like the adventure side of SF, i.e. bending the reader's with plausible scientific or philosophical related concepts, exploring the vastness of the unknown, teaming up as underdogs against all odds (of nature or other advanced civilizations), etc.

As an example of what I mean, I grew up with Stargate and its spinoff. These series alone expanded my horizon wider than anything else at that time. I seem to never be able find something as inventive and adventurous. There are many great SF works available today (regardless of the medium), however they all seem to focus on an existing/known world (e.g. colonized solar system), and/or on politics and/or detective work. Recently the movie Interstellar and the tv series Fringe both renewed my interest in this sub-genre but I couldn't find at the time an author or a book series that was similar.

I've tried Peter Hamilton Pandora's Star saga but it was a choral novel, with very few adventure parts and too many characters/plotlines for my little brain :-P I've read the works of Isaac Asimov and I really liked the psychohistory concept. But there were no exploration per se. On the tv side, Battlestar Galactica was enjoyable but there was too much politics for my taste.

There must be thousands of books and authors and I don't know where to look. Do you have any suggestions ?
Recto,
It is always difficult to recommend particular authors when everyone's tastes are so different. I see you have already read Asimov. Have you tried Robert A Heinlen and Arthur C. Clarke's books as they are usually quite thought provoking and they are masters in the field. There is also Ray Bradbury and Philip K. Dick (you will have seen his works portrayed through the movies Blade Runner, Total Recall and the Adjustment Bureau to name but a few). Then there is Frank Herbert and his Dune series if you like a good saga. I quite liked Kim Stanley Robinson and his Mars trilogy if only because I am fascinated by Mars and what it may have to offer mankind whenever we get there. They deal with early Mars exploration and its subsequent conversion into an Earthlike environment. A friend of mine is very into the books of Ian M Banks who may also deserve a peak. I even read Jules Verne back in the day. He could be said to be a father of modern science fiction as is HG Wells if you are prepared to read older masters. HG Wells still provides good material for films today and his 'War of the Worlds' has been made in to several movies and TV series over the years (I was not too impressed by the recent BBC version though).

Perhaps others can suggest other authors and titles to you that may take your fancy and meet your requirements.

I thought it might be helpful to append the following transcript extracts from the 21 September 1996 session with the C's since it encapsulates to a great extent what I intended this thread to draw out should people wish to post here:

Session 21.09.1996:

Q: (L) All right, last week, when we shut down for the night we had asked a question about the movie ID4, Independence Day, and we were told to ask further questions about this, so that gives us a clue that there might be something significant there. Does anybody remember what the question was that I asked? (T) Is there any significance to the ID4 movie?
A: Sure.
Q: (L) What was the primary intention of the makers of this movie? The primary message that they attempted to convey?
A: Infuse thinking patterns with [planchette swirled a few times here] concept of aliens.
[...]
Q: (L) Infuse. Just the concept, the concept of aliens in general. OK...
A: Part of a larger project.
Q: (L) And what is this project?
A: Called "Project Awaken."
Q: (L) And who is behind, or in charge of, this project?
A: Many.
Q: (L) Who are the primary group, groups or individuals? I'm sure you're not going to give us individuals, but just the grouping.
A: Thor's Pantheum.
Q: (L) And what is Thor's Pantheum?
A: Sub-select trainees for transfer of enlightenment frequency graduation.
Q: (L) What is enlightenment frequency graduation?
A: Think!
Q: (L) Enlightenment frequency graduation... so, sub-select trainees...
A: Self explanatory.
Q: (L) Well, is this group STS or STO?
A: Both.
Q: (L) OK... (T) Are they working at cross purposes?
A: No.
Q: (T) They're working together? Bipartisan?
Q: (J) Are they aware of each other? Working on this?
Q: (J) Are they screwing each other up? (L) No, that's going in the wrong direction...
A: There is more to all of this than you could dream.
Q: (T) There's more to all of this...were you referring to... (T) Who are they? Thor's Pantheum. And they're sub-select trainees...That's the group behind this movie; OK...
A: An army of Aryan psychic projectors.
Q: (T) Well, that explains a lot more than Thor's Pantheum of sub- select trainees! An army of psychic projectors. (L) And what do they project?
A: Themselves... Right in to one's head.
Q: (T) Into one's head... this is better than 'Must See TV!' (L) Project right into one's head... is anybody subject to this projecting?
Q: (L) And, when they project themselves right into someone's head, what does that someone perceive?
A: Inspiration.
Q: (L) Inspiration to what, or to do what?
Q: (L) Yes? To do what, to do something?
A: And...
Q: (L) To do something, and to understand or perceive something, is that it?
Q: (J) To believe something? (L) Yes. So, how many are in this army?
A: 1.6 million.
Q: (L) When they're doing this projecting into someone's head, where are they projecting from?
A: Mostly subterranean.
Q: (L) Subterranean, so these are the people of the tunnels, the underground bases and all that sort of thing. Are they 3rd or 4th density beings?
A: Both.
Q: (T) Let me back up to a question here. If they can do all this projecting on their own, what was the point of the movie?
A: No, you misunderstand... This is an intense activity, directed towards influencing the high level creative forces.
Q: (T) Projected against? Because this movie, if you've been following the reviews and the people talking about it, this movie has had more repeat business than any movie in years and years and years and years. People have seen it ten and twenty times! (L) Was there something subliminal in the movie? That opened something? (J) That's a good question!
A: Sure.
Q: (L) And was this subliminal activity with the movie designed to create an opening for this further...
A: Not for you, but for others.
Q: (L) Why? Do you mean me, personally, or us as a group? (T) Well the movie didn't affect me.
A: Group.
Q: (L) What made us immune?
A: You already have the knowledge.

Q: (T) The movie wasn't meant for us; we already know. The movie was meant for all of those who don't understand.
A: Say hello to Gene Roddenberry.
Q: (L) Is Gene Roddenberry present?
Q: (L) In other words, say hello to him because he was doing that sort of thing a long time ago?
Q: (L) Is Gene Roddenberry one of these people from Thor's Pantheon...
Q: (L) Why did you bring up Gene Roddenberry? (J) Because he was doing it in Star Trek?

[...]
Q: (L) What are these high level creative forces that are needing to be influenced, or desirable of being influenced?
A: Those in the creative arts.
Q: (L) So in other words, I see, this group is using their projecting ability to influence those in the creative arts to do creative things that will therefore influence the people on the planet. Is that it?
Q: (L) And, these individuals are in the underground tunnels, and you say that they are both STS and STO.
A: We did not specify "tunnels," you did.
Q: (T) They said... how did they put that? Subterranean... (J) Mostly subterranean.(T) ... Underground. In other words, underground, as in resistance fighters type underground, underground as in ...
Q: (T) Not fighters, but the idea that they are part of the underground movement? (L) Subterranean as in literally under the ground?

When I posted my piece on Gene Roddenberry above, I had overlooked that the C's had cited Roddenberry as an example of someone who may have been inspired by Thor's Pantheum. So obviously I was on the right track without actually knowing it in his case.

That makes one wonder whether there is some connection between Thor's Pantheum and the channelings of the Council of Nine, which we know Roddenberry participated in. Thor is obviously the Norse god of thunder. The Council of Nine or the Ennead are meant to be a group of gods (extraterrestrials) who have featured in many of the ancient world's pantheons of gods including those of the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Nordics and Indians. Interestingly, Andrija Puharich, who led the the Council of Nine channelings, would subsequently get involved in the Ra or 'Law of One' channelings and was supposed to have confirmed that he thought the Ra channelings were from the same source. However, Ra, the Egyptian sun god, was not a member of the Egyptian Ennead per se unless you connect him via Atum (as Atum-Ra) who was a member.

This also makes me wonder about the concept of the Greek Muses who were supposed to inspire creative persons within the arts to create their great works of art. Even today when a writer, poet or artist loses their creative touch, we say they have lost their muse. Were the muses in reality Thor's Pantheum?

I checked back on the 21st September 1996 transcript but could find no comment from anybody as to why the pantheum may have been called 'Thor's Pantheum' by the C's. If anyone has any ideas on this, please feel free to comment.

Incidentally, Gene Roddenberry was not the only writer to have been involved in channeling sessions. There is a strong likelihood that Lewis Carrol was as well. In fact I hope to do a piece shortly on another writer who most certainly was involved in channeling sessions with consequences that are still felt right down to this day.

Recto,
It is always difficult to recommend particular authors when everyone's tastes are so different. I see you have already read Asimov. Have you tried Robert A Heinlen and Arthur C. Clarke's books as they are usually quite thought provoking and they are masters in the field. There is also Ray Bradbury and Philip K. Dick (you will have seen his works portrayed through the movies Blade Runner, Total Recall and the Adjustment Bureau to name but a few). Then there is Frank Herbert and his Dune series if you like a good saga. I quite liked Kim Stanley Robinson and his Mars trilogy if only because I am fascinated by Mars and what it may have to offer mankind whenever we get there. They deal with early Mars exploration and its subsequent conversion into an Earthlike environment. A friend of mine is very into the books of Ian M Banks who may also deserve a peak. I even read Jules Verne back in the day. He could be said to be a father of modern science fiction as is HG Wells if you are prepared to read older masters. HG Wells still provides good material for films today and his 'War of the Worlds' has been made in to several movies and TV series over the years (I was not too impressed by the recent BBC version though).

Perhaps others can suggest other authors and titles to you that may take your fancy and meet your requirements.

Thank you for all these suggestions ! And you are right the only way to find out if they match my taste is to try them myself. So, let's get to work ! :lkj:

Lord Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)

It may seem strange to include Lord Bulwer-Lytton in a thread devoted to science fiction and fantasy writers since he seems to have written only one book that could be viewed as being science fiction. However, this one book would go on to have huge ramifications for the 20th Century and would contribute greatly to the early growth of the science fiction genre. That book was ‘Vril: The Power of the Coming Race’ published in 1871.

Background

Bulwer-Lytton was the very epitome of a Victorian English establishment figure. Son of a general, he would go on to become a high ranking politician (he was Secretary of State for the Colonies in 1858 at a time when the British Empire was approaching its zenith) who rubbed shoulders with the great and the good of English society in the middle to late 19th century. This included being personal friends with Benjamin Disraeli, the British Prime Minister, who was also a fellow writer. Indeed, such was Bulwer-Lytton’s reputation that when the King of Greece abdicated in 1862, he was offered the vacant throne but declined. He was also a friend of Charles Dickens and it is said that he influenced Dickens to revise ‘Great Expectations’ so as to provide a more romantic ending since the original version of the novel did not end with Pip and Estella getting together. Bulwer-Lytton would also provide us with some famous quotations such as “The pen is mightier than the sword”, “pursuit of the almighty dollar” and “the great unwashed”. He even has places named after him, e,g., Lytton the suburb of Brisbane, Australia; Lytton in British Columbia, Canada; and Lytton in Iowa, USA to name but a few.

Educated at Trinity College and Trinity Hall Cambridge, Bulwer-Lytton's literary career began in 1820 with the publication of a book of poems and spanned much of the 19th century. He wrote in a variety of genres, including historical fiction, mystery, romance, horror, the occult and, of course, science fiction. He was also a playwright with his plays being staged at major theatres in London and the USA. His books have somewhat fallen out of popularity these days but they would influence fellow writers in his own age and others subsequently. For example, his novel, ‘Strange Story’ (1862), which had a supernatural theme, would have an influence on Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Similarly, Vril: The Power of the Coming Race’ would influence other science fiction and fantasy writers such as H.G. Wells (the ‘Time Machine’), Edgar Rice Burroughs (‘Pellucidar’ and the Barsoom series) and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (‘The Lost World’). The writers of Theosophy were also influenced by his works. Annie Besant and especially Madam Helena Blavatsky, who incorporated some of his thoughts and ideas, particularly those set out in Vril: The Power of the Coming Race and ‘Zanoni’, in her own books (‘Isis Unveiled’ and ‘The Secret Doctrine’).

However, Bulwer-Lytton was far more than a politician and writer. Many consider him to be one of the leading occultists and esotericists of the day with links to various British secret societies including the ‘Rosicrucians’ and the ‘Orphic Circle’. I will revert back to the latter group later in this article. For the time being, I will point out that when Bulwer-Lytton wrote ‘The Power of the Coming Race’, esotericism was at a cross roads. For centuries ancient, esoteric or hermetic knowledge had been retained within the ranks of various secret societies such as the Freemasons and Rosicrucians, who were in essence the modern successors to the mystery schools of Egypt, Greece and Rome. Their knowledge was not to be made available to the profane, i.e. those who were outside of the membership of their schools. However, by the late 19th century, scientific rationalism had to a large extent triumphed over spirituality and the esoteric. Think of the scientific breakthroughs by Charles Darwin, Michael Faraday, James Clarke Maxwell and other scientific luminaries during the 19th century. Hence, what were secret societies like the Rosicrucians to do as regards keeping their esoteric influences alive within a fast evolving modern industrial and technical culture where empiricism now ruled? Well one way would be to get that knowledge out to the more discerning members of the public by means of art, plays, poetry and books.

I have already referred to the works of Lewis Carrol in an earlier article on this thread who made such disclosure through his fantasy tales. He like Bulwer-Lytton was an esotericist and possible occultist. He moved in some of the same circles as Bulwer-Lytton, although I have not been able to find any evidence that he was in the Orphic Circle. The likelihood is that the two men were acquainted and probably went to some of the same trance medium channelling sessions that groups like the Orphic Circle, and later on the Theosophists, were very much into at the time. Indeed, one such prominent medium was Emma Hardinge Britten who had links with both the Orphic Circle and the Theosphists. I will have more to say about her role and the influence she may have had on Bulwer-Lytton below.

Vril: The Power of the Coming Race

So what is it about Vril: The Power of the Coming Race that drew so much attention from other writers and esoteric groups? Here is a plot summary for those who do not wish, or have time, to read the entire book (N.B. the summary is taken from Wikipedia):

The novel centres on a young, independent, unnamed, wealthy traveller (the narrator), who visits a friend, a mining engineer. They explore a natural chasm in a mine which has been exposed by an exploratory shaft. The narrator reaches the bottom of the chasm safely, but the rope breaks and his friend is killed. The narrator finds his way into a subterranean world occupied by beings who seem to resemble angels. He befriends the first being he meets, who guides him around a city that is reminiscent of ancient Egyptian architecture. The explorer meets his host's wife, two sons and daughter who learn to speak English by way of a makeshift dictionary which the narrator unconsciously teaches them the language. His guide comes towards him, and he and his daughter, Zee, explain who they are and how they function.

The hero discovers that these beings, who call themselves Vril-ya, have great telepathic and other parapsychological abilities, such as being able to transmit information, get rid of pain and put others to sleep. The narrator is offended by the idea that the Vril-ya are better adapted to learn about him than he is to learn about them. Nevertheless, the guide (who turns out to be a magistrate) and his son Ta behave kindly towards him.

The narrator soon discovers that the Vril-ya are descendants of an antediluvian civilization called the Ana, who live in networks of caverns linked by tunnels. Originally surface dwellers, they fled underground thousands of years ago to escape a massive flood and gained greater power by facing and dominating the harsh conditions of the Earth. The place where the narrator descended houses 12,000 families, one of the largest groups. Their society is a technologically supported Utopia, chief among their tools being an "all-permeating fluid
" called "Vril", a latent source of energy that the spiritually elevated hosts are able to master through training of their will, to a degree that depends on their hereditary constitution. This mastery gives them access to an extraordinary force that can be controlled at will. It is this fluid that the Vril-ya employ to communicate with the narrator. The powers of the Vril include the ability to heal, change, and destroy beings and things; the destructive powers in particular are immense, allowing a few young Vril-ya children to destroy entire cities if necessary.

Men (called An, pronounced "Arn") and women (called Gy, pronounced "Gee") have equal rights. The women are stronger and larger than the men. The women are also the pursuing party in romantic relationships. They marry for just three years, after which the men choose whether to remain married, or be single. The female may then pursue a new husband. However, they seldom make the choice to remarry.

Their religion posits the existence of a superior being but does not dwell on his nature. The Vril-ya believe in the permanence of life, which according to them is not destroyed but merely changes form.

The narrator adopts the attire
of his hosts and begins also to adopt their customs. Zee falls in love with him and tells her father, who orders Taë to kill him with his staff. Eventually both Taë and Zee conspire against such a command, and Zee leads the narrator through the same chasm which he first descended. Returning to the surface, he warns that in time the Vril-ya will run out of habitable space underground and will claim the surface of the Earth, destroying mankind in the process, if necessary.

It should be noted that this book helped to popularise the ‘Hollow Earth Theory’, although it was by no means the first to do so. For example, Jules Verne’s ‘Journey to the Centre of the Earth’ had been published only a few years before Bulwer-Lytton’s book. What really distinguishes this work is his reference to “Vril”. You will see that I have highlighted some of the text above to indicate clear references to things which the C’s have alluded to in many of their sessions. Hence, we have a race of Aryans who fled underground a long time ago [The Nation of the Third Eye or the White Brotherhood perhaps?]. They have advanced technology and super powers. This suggests they may be bi-density beings, both 3rd and 4th Density. They have control over this Vril energy, which sounds like zero point energy or the energy of the vacuum (aether), and this energy has immense destructive potential. Think also of Wilhelm Reich and his Orgone energy. We also learn that a Vril staff is an object in the shape of a wand or a staff which is used as a channel for directing the Vril energy. [Where have we heard that before?] There is also an obvious harking back in the story to the destruction of Atlantis with the Ana escaping from the Deluge. Indeed, the word “Ana” reminds me of “Anu” the chief god of the ancient Sumerians and the leader of the Anunnaki.

As an amusing aside, the word “Vril” caught on in the popular imagination so much so that it is now remembered in the well known beverage ‘Bovril’ derived from “Bov” short for bovine and “Vril” meaning energy.

So where did Bulwer-Lytton get his ideas for Vril energy from? Recent evidence suggests that he developed his ideas about "Vril" against the background of his long preoccupation with occult natural forces. In his earlier novels Zanoni (1842) and A Strange Story (1862), Bulwer-Lytton had discussed electricity and other "material agents" as the possible natural causes for occult phenomena. He had this to say about it in correspondence to his friend, John Forster:

“I did not mean Vril for mesmerism, but for electricity, developed into uses as yet only dimly guessed, and including whatever there may be genuine in mesmerism, which I hold to be a mere branch current of the one great fluid pervading all nature. I am by no means, however, wedded to Vril, if you can suggest anything else to carry out this meaning namely, that the coming race, though akin to us, has nevertheless acquired by hereditary transmission, etc., certain distinctions which make it a different species, and contains powers which we could not attain to through a slow growth of time; so that this race would not amalgamate with, but destroy us. [...] Now, as some bodies are charged with electricity like the torpedo or electric eel, and never can communicate that power to other bodies, so I suppose the existence of a race charged with that electricity and having acquired the art to concentre and direct it in a word, to be conductors of its lightnings. If you can suggest any other idea of carrying out that idea of a destroying race, I should be glad. Probably even the notion of Vril might be more cleared from mysticism or mesmerism by being simply defined to be electricity and conducted by those staves or rods, omitting all about mesmeric passes, etc.”

Wikipedia states that Bulwer-Lytton has been regarded as an "initiate" or "adept" by esotericists, especially because of his Rosicrucian novel Zanoni (1842). However, they state there is no historical evidence that suggests that Bulwer-Lytton can be seen as an occultist or that he had been a member of any kind of esoteric association. Instead, it has been shown that Bulwer-Lytton has been "esotericized" since the 1870s. In 1870, the Societas Rosicrucians in Anglia appointed Bulwer-Lytton as its "Grand Patron". Although Bulwer-Lytton complained about this by letter in 1872, the claim has never been revoked.

The Orphic Circle

Despite this refutation, it seems very likely that Bulwer-Lytton was linked to various esoteric groups, particularly the Orphic Circle and the Rosicrucians. After all, secret societies are by their nature secret and they don’t tend to advertise their existence or leave records of their membership around for historians to peruse in years to come. Moreover, members of secret societies often communicate through code and use code names for each other (e.g., Adam Weishaupt’s Illuminati). Hence, it is usually hard to pin down an historic figure’s relationship to secret societies unless they admit it openly in their writings. Just think how infrequently US historians take into account the role of free masons in establishing the United States of America. What of the Skull and Crossbones Society today and its influence on the US Government? How many people know that Sir Winston Churchill was a druid?

It is claimed that the Rosicrucians (who have a very ancient pedigree according to the Cassiopaean transcripts) were well informed about this mysterious force, the real name of which was only known to initiates. Hence, was Bulwer-Lytton deliberately leaking out their secrets and, if so, to whom? The answer to that question will become clearer as we go along.

Craven Cottage

One possible meeting place for the Orphic Circle, where they could conduct their ceremonial and practical rituals involving clairvoyants or trance mediums was Craven Cottage in Fulham, North London (the Cottage still stands and now forms part of the Fulham Football Club’s stadium). Bulwer-Lytton owned or rented the property between 1840 and 1846. He held sumptuous parties there where guests included Louis Napoleon (the deposed Emperor of France) and Benjamin Disraeli. Robert Browning the famous poet would also spend time recuperating there after an illness. The spiritualist, Samuel Carter Hall, confirmed in his memoirs that séances were definitely held there. He recalled that a young French clairvoyant, Alexis Didier, performed his mesmerism there only days after arriving in England in 1844. Craven Cottage had some odd features that may have made it ideal for such performances. These were a room referred to as ‘the Robbers Cave’, which had a doorway in the ceiling and the door into the library (known as the Egyptian Hall) had ancient Egyptian style pillars on either side. Craven Cottage was in fact a large rural residence and not a small cottage despite the name. Laurence Hutton in his description of the Cottage in his ‘Literary Landmarks of London’ described it as follows: “It stood in 1885, a picturesque ruin, and must have been, in its day a very remarkable specimen of fantastic architecture, embracing the Persian, Gothic, Moorish and Egyptian styles.” This would make it the perfect setting for rituals harking back to earlier times and ancient traditions. Whether Emma Britten performed any of her trance medium sessions for the Orphic Circle there is not known but there is every likelihood that she did.

Emma Hardinge Britten and the Orphic Circle

Emma Hardinge Britten (real name Emma Floyd) was a skilled trance medium, so much so that Madam Blavatsky thought she was the best that she had ever seen. The two women were well acquainted and Britten, who would go on to become one of the leading spiritualist advocates and practitioners of the 19th century, would be heavily involved with the theosophists in the early days of that movement until she fell out with Blavatsky and subsequently broke all links. Britten was a writer, orator and spiritualist who even had an influence on Abraham Lincoln’s presidential re-election in 1864 (via her ‘Coming Man’ speech). However, in her youth she had been an accomplished actress, singer and musician who performed on the West End stage in London. She was therefore already well known in London circles before she became a leading advocate for the spiritualist movement. It is her prowess as a medium though that first brought her to the attention of Bulwer-Lytton and the Orphic Circle.

She developed a reputation for her abilities as a spiritual or trance medium/clairvoyant during her early years. This may have brought her to the attention of the Orphic Circle. To make this link, I am attaching an article written by David Charles Manners in 2017, which describes his ancestor’s (Charles Thomas Pearce) involvement in the Orphic Circle and names Edward Bulwer-Lytton as a member as well as quoting directly from Britten.

Although she does not name them specifically, Britten had this to say about the Orphic Circle in 1887:

“When quite young, in fact, before I had attained my thirteenth year, I became acquainted with certain parties who sought me out and professed a desire to observe the somnambulic faculties for which I was then remarkable. I found my new associates to be ladies and gentlemen, mostly persons of noble rank, and during a period of several years, I, and many other young persons, assisted at their sessions in the quality of somnambulists, or mesmeric subjects....

I should have known but little of its principles and practices, as I was simply what I should now call a clairvoyant, sought out by the society for my gifts in this direction, had I not, in later years, been instructed in the fundamentals of the society by the author of ‘Art Magic’. When modern spiritualism dawned upon the world, for special reasons of my own, the fellows of my society gave me an honorary release from every obligation I had entered into with them except in the matter of secrecy. On that point I can never be released and never seek to be; but in respect to the statements I am about to make, my former associates . . . not only sanction, but command me to present to the candid enquirer [. . . the substance of the article to which these two paragraphs are an introduction.”

She subsequently added:

‘[They] claimed an affiliation with societies derived from the ancient mysteries of Egypt, Greece and Judaea’, whose ‘beliefs and practices had been concealed from the vulgar by cabalistic methods.

Indeed, it is in Britten’s writings and those of her mysterious friend Chevalier Louis de B_ (the author of ‘Magic Art’ and ‘Ghostland’) that we find almost everything that is now known about this society. Manners also quotes Louis de B in his article:

“These initiates considered themselves ‘magians’, a term for Zoroastrian priests with ‘supernatural’ powers, though their methods were said to have been ‘inspired by far loftier aims and regulated by much more pious aspirations than those of most other English magicians’ [‘Louis de B’].”

So who is this Louis de B? In 1875, Emma Britten made this statement:

“In 1850 Emma Hardinge [Britten], then a resident of London, England, learned from two German gentlemen of her acquaintance some remarkable details of a society which held its sessions at Hamburgh and Berlin, the chief object of which was the study and development of the occult forces latent in Nature ...

. . . Emma Hardinge‘s friends were professed materialists, and, being officers in the Prussian Army, men of culture and ability, they were accustomed to strengthen their own disbelief in the soul‘s continued existence after death by quotations from many of the most renowned literary authorities of their own country. . .

“The author of ‘Ghost Land’ was himself an initiate of their body
[i.e., the society at Hamburgh and Berlin ... He was also] a clairvoyant of most remarkable lucidity and power. Being associated in intimate relations with the President of the Brotherhood, who was indeed his tutor in early youth, whilst little more than a mere child he was employed as a magnetic subject ...

This gentleman, now a warm Spiritualist and believer in the power of disembodied spirits to effect what he once attributed to the spirits of mortals only, still affirms his faith in the superior force of the embodied human soul to perform feats of ponderous strength ...”

Despite some deliberate confusion between Prussia and Austria in her account, leading her at one point to speak of “the Berlin Brotherhood, Austria”, it is clearly Louis de B_ who is meant here; the other Prussian will then be his tutor, who bears the pseudonym Felix von Marx in Ghostland.

So now we have our first hint of a German connection and it is to Germany we must now turn for the development of Bulwer-Lytton’s ideas concerning the Vril energy.

The Thule Society

The founder of the ThuleGesellschaft (Society) was Rudolf von Sebottendorf a son of middle class Prussian parents. His original name was Rudolf Glauer. Glauer spent much of his youth in Egypt and Turkey. Indeed, he became von Sebottendorf whilst in Turkey, where he would claim that he had been adopted by the patriarch of the family, Baron Heinrich von Sebottendorf. The von Sebottendorf family never challenged the claim and actually endorsed the relationship. After his return to Germany, von Sebottendorf founded the Thule Society, borrowing heavily from the racial doctrines and beliefs of Lanz von Liebenfels and Guido von List. These doctrines included a revisionist history of an ancient very high civilisation from which the Aryans were descended. This was blended with the claims of ancient lore that Aryans descended to Earth at the poles (usually the North Pole) and dispersed themselves throughout the planet, marrying the lesser humans already on the planet and, by doing so, corrupting their race [I wonder where we may have heard all this before?]. Note that the name ‘Thule’ itself is a reference to a mythical lost continent located in the high north.

To understand the importance of the Thule Society to the history of Germany in the first part of the 20th century you only have to consider that Rudolf Hess, Adolf Hitler’s Deputy Fuhrer, joined the Thule Society in 1919 a year after it was created. When one learns that the Thule Society used the emblem of the swastika freely in its iconography, you immediately get the idea of how important the Thule Society may have been in the formation and evolution of the Nationalist Socialist German Workers Party’s (Nazi Party) doctrines, particularly those relating to racial purity. Indeed, at least one modern commentator has described the Thule Society as the midwife of the Nazi Party. Many of the early Nazi leaders were members of the Thule Society, although there is no documentary evidence that Adolf Hitler was ever a member. This does not mean that Hitler was not a member or that he didn’t have strong associations with the Society. It simply means that there is nothing to record the fact. Given Hess’s strong influence on Hitler and his ideas in the early days of the Nazi Party, it would certainly be surprising if Hitler had not met with von Sebottendorf. But whatever the truth is, when Hitler came to power in 1933, he ordered that all secret societies should be disbanded in Nazi Germany and that included the Thule Society too.

The Vril Society

But the Nazi Party was not the only movement that the Thule Society gave birth to. They were also supposed to have given birth to the Vril Society or the Luminous Lodge in Berlin. Could this organisation be the Berlin Brotherhood previously encountered in the story of Emma Britten perhaps? Another important member of the Thule Society was General Karl Haushofer (although this has been refuted by modern historians), a German geopolitician of renown and a leading occultist. Haushofer was a teacher, mentor and friend to Rudolf Hess. Haushofer’s son, Albrecht, was also a political geographer and geopolitician in his own right and was an adviser to the German Foreign Ministry in the 1930’s. Father and son may even have played a part in Hess’s ill fated flight to Britain in 1941. There are those who argue that some members of the Vril Society (including Haushofer) had contacts with the English secret society, the Order of the Magic Dawn (although this was supposedly defunct by 1923), which had leading English politicians attached to it. Could this again be evidence of the Berlin Brotherhood? They claim that Hess’s flight was to make use of these links to bring around a peace settlement between Germany and Britain. It should be noted that Albrecht Haushofer subsequently joined the anti-Nazi resistance during WW2 and was murdered by the Gestapo in Moabit Prison in 1945.

Unlike the Thule Society, there is little documentary evidence to establish the existence of the Vril Society. What exists is sparse indeed. Willy Ley, a German rocket engineer, who had emigrated to the United States in 1937, wrote an article titled “Pseudoscience in Naziland” that was published in the magazine Astounding Science Fiction in 1947. Among various pseudoscientific groups in Germany at the time of the Nazis, he mentions one that looked for the “Vril”. He said this group, which he thought called itself ‘Wahrheitsgesselschaft’ (Society for Truth), was more or less localised in Berlin. According to him, the group devoted its spare time looking for the Vril. It is only fair to mention that Ley made no mention of Haushofer in his article.

The existence of the Vril Society was subsequently alleged in 1960 by Jacques Bergier and Louis Pauwels in their book the ‘Morning of the Magicians’. They claimed that the Vril, Society was a secret community of occultists in pre-Nazi Berlin that was a sort of inner circle of the Thule Society. They also thought it was in close contact with the English Order of the Golden Dawn (see above). Louis Pauwels would go on to claim in his book ‘Monsieur Gurdjieff’ that the Vril Society had been founded by Karl Haushofer, who was a student of the metaphysicist Georges Gurdjieff. However, there is nothing to substantiate this and historians take the view that there is no historical foundation for Bergier and Pauwel’s claims.

Although I am sympathetic to the views of main stream historians concerning a lack of documentary evidence for the Vril Society, others have done extensive research into Nazi scientific endeavours during this period and this research paints a rather different picture on how far advanced Nazi research truly was. Main stream historians also tend to overlook the scientific research of Nikola Tesla, who certainly made giant strides in discovering the way to transmit energy without the need for wires and cables in the early part of the 20th century. It is hard to imagine the Nazis were not aware of his research. For a fuller treatment of this subject, I would recommend readers to look at the work of Dr. Joseph P. Farrell and in particular his books ‘Reich of the Black Sun‘ and ‘The SS Brotherhood of the Bell’. Farrell, an American, is a German speaker and has gone back to original sources for the research uncovered in his books. Remember also that the C’s confirmed the existence of the Nazi Bell (Die Glocke) and the fact that it was a time machine in the transcripts. They also confirmed the existence of a Nazi base in Antartica that survived the war (see attached article on Maria Orsic for further information on this). Hence, even if we cannot prove the existence of the Vril Society as an incontrovertible fact, this does not in itself disprove that there may have been research in pre-war Germany into exotic forms of energy of the kind Bulwer-Lytton was referring to in his book. The plethora of UFOs sightings in the post war period could not have all been alien and many of them had a clear nuts and bolts dimension to them.

Assuming something like the Vril Society existed in Germany what was it intended to do? According to some sources, the objective of the Vril Group was to acquire knowledge about Vril (energy) through psychic means and to disclose pertinent information to the Thule Society in order to further the interests of the Nazi Party. Thus would come from this channelled knowledge the development of the ‘Munich Device’ called the Jenseitsflugmaschine (“JFM”) or "Otherworld Flying Machine". The first Reichsflugscheiben ("Nazi UFO") supposedly began construction in 1922 in Munich.

This metaphysical project was subsequently confiscated by the Schutzstaffel (SS) in 1933, after a likely tip-off by the physicist Winfried Otto Schumann who allegedly had been aware of the JFM since 1924. As we have already noted, when Hitler came to power as Chancellor of Germany in 1933, all secret societies and esoteric organisations were suppressed and banned by 1935. Thus, the Vril Group’s metaphysical research was confiscated and taken over by SS to serve their interests, which would lead eventually to the RundFlugZeug (RFZ) program to create armed Nazi flying discs. But how did they actually acquire this knowledge in the first place?

Maria Orsic

Maria Orsitsch or Orsic (born in 1895 in Zagreb Croatia) was an accomplished trance medium (like Emma Britten) who became associated with the Vril Society in Munich. Maria became a follower of the German National Socialist Movement, which was active in the early years after the First World War. In 1919, Maria moved to Munich and came into contact with the Thule Society.

Maria joined with another young woman, Traute A, also from Munich, and several other female friends, who formed an inner circle of “Alldeutsche Gesellschaft für Metaphysik”, better known as the Vril Society. They were all young ladies with very long hair. Maria was blond and Traute was brown-haired. They had long horse tails, a very uncommon hairstyle at that time, which became a distinctive characteristic in all of the women who joined the Vril Society. They believed that their long hair acted as cosmic antennae to receive alien communications from beyond. They claimed to have received psychic communications from Aryan aliens living on Alpha Centauri in the Aldebaran star system. Allegedly, these aliens had visited Earth in ancient times and settled in Sumeria, and the word Vril was formed from the ancient Sumerian word "Vri-Il" (meaning "like god or God-like").

[One wonders if these aliens could in fact have been members of Thor’s Pantheum in the same way that the Council of Nine may have been, whose channelings we know Gene Roddenberry participated in.]

It has long been thought by conspiracy theorists that Maria Orsic was part of Hitler’s inner circle, calling her “daughter” or “Goddess of the Devil”, and that she escaped with him either to Antarctica or Argentina in 1945. But, as previously stated, when Hitler came to power in 1933 all secret societies were disbanded and the projects of the Thule Society were taken over by the SS. By this time Maria’s whereabouts was unknown. Whether she was imprisoned, killed, or escaped, no one to this day knows. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that the SS continued the Aldebaran channelling sessions in secret and Maria Orsic may therefore have continued being part of the project.

[N.B. I have attached an article that I found on the internet concerning Maria Orsic, which was poorly translated from German into English. I have sought to improve the translation without changing the original sense of the text. I have also added a transcript of a session with the C’s that backs up the involvement of the Thule Society and may give credence to the success of the channelling by Maria Orsic and her colleagues.]

Conclusion

Although it is impossible to substantiate the claims for the Thule and Vril Societies made above at this distance in time, if what has been alleged is even partially true, then Bulwer-Lytton’s book Vril: The Coming Race can be seen to have had a huge impact on the history of the 20th Century, way beyond anything he could have envisaged when he wrote it. Was the information encoded in his book derived from his Rosicrucian knowledge or from the channeling sessions he participated in with the likes of Emma Britten or was it in fact a mixture of both? We have no means of knowing now but, whatever the truth, his book has certainly proven to have been extremely influential in our own age. Perhaps we can view him in this light as a 19th Century version of Gene Roddenberry

Attachments

• The Orphic Circle.docx
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Maria Orsitsch.docx
    45.1 KB · Views: 6
For those who might like to read Vrill: The Coming Race, I have attached a pdf copy to this post. If anyone spots further references to things the C's may have referred to in the transcripts, please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• Edward Bulwer-Lytton__Vril The Coming Race.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Although I am a Newbie, I thought it might be interesting to start a thread on science fiction and fantasy writers. If this is not the right place to post this thread or people feel it belongs under an already existing thread, then please feel free to say so. I am aware that Laura has already started a thread on romantic fiction and I thought this thread might develop people's interest in other genres of fiction and the ideas that are contained in the authors' works.

I must fist confess that I am not an avid reader of science fiction or fantasy works myself (I haven't even read the 'Lord of the Rings'). However, I have dipped in to science fiction from time to time. I recall when first reading Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World' as a young man, the profound influence it had on me and how the book still does, as I see his fictional world becoming more real every day.

Why science fiction and fantasy though? Well I believe that science fiction and fantasy writers have had a tremendous influence upon shaping our modern world. Many of their works have been prophetic and sometimes inspirational. As a Star Trek fan, I was touched when I learnt that the actor James Doohan who played the engineer in the original series of Star Trek admitted that he used to receive a lot of letters from fans who stated that they were inspired to become engineers after watching him in Star Trek.

However, I would also like to draw out in this thread the background, beliefs and philosophies that led these writers to pen their works. More often than not they use their books to put over messages. Some of these messages may be quite esoteric in nature. Others are posting warnings, which sometimes paint a picture of a very dystopian future.

I recall that the C's once said that horror fiction writers such as Stephen King and Anne Rice were inspired by dark forces. However, what forces may have influenced science fiction and fantasy writers to write their books? The C's have also mentioned 'bleed through' as an influence upon creative people. This caught my attention when I thought of writers such as Philip K Dick and Gene Roddenberry. Dick, a self confessed gnostic, openy admitted that he thought he had received bleed through inspiration to write his works (possibly through the Black Knight Satellite). Roddenberry was supposedly inspired to create Star Trek from his channeling sessions in the 1950's with the Council of Nine (see attachment), which were run by a medical doctor named Andrija Puharich who had links to the CIA and the MK Ultra project (see 'The Stargate Conspiracy' by Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince for a full account of the story). However, other writers were clearly members of esoteric groups who used their books to get messages out to the public to help promote the groups' views. An example of such a writer is L. Ron Hubbard who founded the Church of Scientology. He was at one time mixed up with Jack Parsons (a rocket scientist and founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory) an avid occultist and follower of the English ceremonial magician Aleister Crowley and leader of a lodge of Crowley's Ordo Templi Orientis.

Once you realise what lies in the background of these men and women, their works take on a very different flavour. I am happy to kick off this thread by discussing Lewis Carroll (Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson 27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898) an English writer renowned for his children's fantasy fiction, notably Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Carroll was a leading mathematician, a photographer, inventor and Anglican Church deacon. He was a first rate scholar and had a long term link with Christ Church College Oxford where he taught for many years and became the sub-librarian of the college library (which gave him access to a wealth of academic resources).

Carroll moved in various social circles including the Pre-Raphaelite art movement headed by John Ruskin and Dante Gabriel Rossetti. He was an early member of the Society for Psychical Research. What most biographies seem to leave out though, is that he was also involved with the Theosophy movement that brought him into contact with the likes of Annie Bessant, Madam Helena Blavatsky (the author of 'The Secret Doctrine') and Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (the author of 'The Coming Race' that introduced the concept of Vril energy that would later inspire the Nazis). Indeed, some think Carroll was in fact a secret rosicrucian.

With this in mind, when you read his works, you quickly become aware that he is trying to convey an awful lot more than a children's fantasy tale. I would refer people to a podcast titled 'Alice X in Cern Mystery School Wonderland' by the Dark Journalist that I have posted on the Atlantis thread (unfortunately the file seems to be too big for this thread) because it will give those interested in pursuing these esoteric links more detailed infomation about Carroll's sources and influences. The podcast is a veritable treasure trove of information and may explain the cryptic comment the C's once made to Laura:

“A: You are dancing on the 3rd density ballroom floor. "Alice likes to go through the looking glass" at the Crystal Palace. Atlantean reincarnation surge brings on the urge to have a repeat performance.”

It must be remembered that Carroll was a brilliant mathmetician and many believe he encoded hidden mathematical messages in his works for those capable of discerning them. If the Dark Journalist is correct in his analysis, then Carroll may be alluding, amongst other things, to 4th Density as represented by 'Wonderland'. It is curious in this respect to note that many who have worked at section 4 at Area 51 have referred to it as Wonderland. Even the use of the White Rabbit may be a reference back to the ancient motif of the 'Three Hares' found in ancient China, Persia, Egypt and medieval Europe that is a rosicrucian symbol.

Hence, it becomes readily apparent that Carroll's works are in fact laced with esoteric information that may have been an attempt by him at a deliberate disclosure of long held rosicrucian secret knowledge for those capable of understanding it. Although children to this day still love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and the books have been filmed and televised on numerous occasions, for those prepared to re-read these books in light of the above, these works may now take on a completely different meaning.
I have found an article, which purports to identify Emma Hardinge Britten as the esoteric 'Alice in Wonderland' (as opposed to the real model for Alice in Wonderland who was Alice Liddell) and further elaborates on the esoteric and mathematical aspects of 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Through the Looking Glass'. I wrote at length about Britten in the post that I did for Lord Edward Bulwer-Lytton later in this thread.

I am also attaching an extract I found in an academic work by Robert Mathieson on Emma Hardinge Britten, which comments on her links with the Orphic Circle and Lord Edward Bulwer-Lytton. If Lewis Carroll was a Rosicrucian and member of the Orphic Circle, as many have suggested, he would have known Bulwer-Lytton well and would almost certainly have come into contact with Emma Harding Britten, possibly during some of her trance sessions for the Circle. Mathieson also makes reference to Frederick Hockley, a Rosicrucian who was the most well known English occultist of the first half of the 19th Century. Mathieson shows that Emma Hardinge Britten knew Hockley well and was even allowed to use his 'sacred mirrors' for vision trances to contact guiding spirits (who in her own words were extraterrestrial and not human). Hockley also kept important papers in what he called his "Crystal Manuscripts". These manuscripts may have been made available to Bulwer-Lytton and the information in them and his own rosicrucian knowledge, when taken together with what he may have learned from the trance medium sessions with the Orphic Circle, could have formed the basis of the ideas he wished to get across when writing the book 'Vril: The Coming Race'.

If Britten used a mirror to gain the information that Carroll and Bulwer-Lytton subsequently used in their books, this may make sense of the C's statement "You are dancing on the 3rd density ballroom floor. "Alice likes to go through the looking glass" at the Crystal Palace".

Emma Hardinge Britten under her maiden name Emma Floyd was an actress, singer and dancer on the London stage before she became a well known medium and spiritualist. The building that became known as the Crystal Palace was erected in 1851 for the Great Exhibition but it would subsequently be disassembled and moved to Penge in South London a few years later. The building, which was enormous, was used for all manner of performances including circuses and pantomimes. I doubt if Britten performed there professionally though since her stage career was quite short (about 7-8 years). It is possible that the Orphic Circle may have met there for some of their sessions, as the Crystal Palace had many antechambers where all sorts of exhibitions and meetings would take place. However, the Crystal Palace seems to me to be too public a venue for a secret society to gather and practice occult arts. The most likely venue for these sessions was probably Craven Cottage in Fulham, which was owned or rented by Bulwer-Lytton during the same time period.

However, once you know that Emma Mae Britten may have used one of Hockley's gazing mirrors during trance sessions for the Orphic Circle (which may have included Lewis Carroll as a participant), it makes sense to me that this is what the C's were probably referring to. I have also pointed out in the 'Atlantis' thread on the Forum that one of the key monitoring devices used at the Large Hadron Collider in Cern, Switzerland is called 'ALICE'. I don't think this is a coincidence either given that the scientists are using ALICE to investigate the world of sub-atomic particles and possibly hyperdimensional physics.

Attachments

• The Mirror Gazer named Mr H.docx
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
For those who might like to read Vrill: The Coming Race, I have attached a pdf copy to this post. If anyone spots further references to things the C's may have referred to in the transcripts, please feel free to comment.
Since posting my piece on Edward Bulwer-Lytton's book 'Vrill: The Coming Race' and its link to the Nazis, I came across this exchange between Laura and the C's in the 2nd December 1995 session:

December 2, 1995

Q: (L) Did the Germans construct a time machine during WWII?

Q: (L) They actually did it?

A: Ja.

Q: (L) Were the German experiments in time travel carried to the U.S. after the war?

A: In splintered form.

Q: (L) Did the U.S. take possession of a time machine constructed by the Germans?

Q: (L) Why not?

A: Was taken elsewhere.

Q: (L) Where?

A: Mausenberg, Neufriedland.

Q: (L) Still in Germany?

A: Nein!

Q: (L) Where is Mausenberg?

A: Antarktiklandt.

Q: (L) Who is in control of or running this machine?

A: Klaus Grimmschackler.

Q: (L) I didn't mean a specific person, a group. Americans or Germans?

A: Deutsche.

Q: (L) Did they use this machine to transport themselves there and also in time?

A: Has been performed in Glophen in gestalt, bit, yie aire das gluppen und werstalt de vir seinderfor bidde.

Q: (L) Why are you giving this so that we don't understand?

A: Sorry, got the transmissions mixed up due to subject matter.

Q: (L) Getting back to this German time machine: did the Germans capture a crashed, or retrieve a crashed, UFO during the war?

Q: (L) Who was flying that craft - excuse me - OPERATING that craft?

A: Grays.

Q: (L) Were the Germans able to back engineer and construct other craft similar to the one they captured?

A: Did not need to. They got the information on such things from channeled sources.

Q: (L) Did the Germans get the information from the Vril Society?

A: Partly. Also Thule Society.

Q: (L) These individuals who have this time machine in Antarctica, what are they doing with it or what do they plan to do with it?

A: Exploring time sectors through loop of cylinder.

Q: (L) What is a loop of cylinder?

A: Complex, but is profile in 4th through 6th density

Q: (L) Are there any particular goals that they have in doing this "time exploration?"

A: Not up to present, as you measure it.

Q: (L) Well, if they escaped and took this time machine to Antarctica, are they working with any of the so-called "aliens?"

A: 4th density STS.

Q: (L) Are these Germans and their time machine, any part of the plan to take over earth when it moves into 4th density.

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) Are the Germans behind any of the conspiracies in the US?

Q: (L) So there is a maverick German element, but to focus on that as being the foundational aspect of this phenomenon, is to focus on the wrong thing?

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) Among the things that were discussed among the Germans in the Thule Society and the Vril Society, was the "Black Sun That Illuminates the Interior." Can you tell us what this "Black Sun" is?

A: Ultimate destiny of STS orientation.

Q: (L) Is this Black Sun an actual astronomical phenomenon?

A: In essence.

Q: (L) What would we know this Black Sun as? A black hole?

A: Good possibility.

Now as you can see, the C's clearly state that the Germans got their information from channeled sources (Maria Orsic and her fellow female channelers with their long hair perhaps?) via the Vril and Thule Societies. The time machine they are referring to is 'Die Glocke' or the Bell and it ended up in Antartica, probably under the auspices of SS-Obergruppenführer Hans Kammler originally, who had control of all German secret research projects by the end of the War (ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Kammler).

I thought it might be helpful to post the following chapters that I have extracted from a book called ‘Secret Societies and Their Power in The 20th Century’ written by Jan Van Helsing (see attachment). For those who want to read the whole book, I am posting the following link:

These extracts contain a wealth of information on the Thule and Vril Societies and help, I think, to illuminate what the C's were referring to in the 2nd December session above. It is interesting to note the comments made as regards Hitler's drug addictions. The C's warned that piercing the veil to higher densities using psychtronic drugs, as Hitler did, was the worst way to alter your consciousness and it looks as if Hitler paid a heavy price for doing so.

I must warn readers though that the book comes with a health warning since there is good reason to believe that it was written by someone who has been suspected of harbouring pro-Nazi sentiments. That being said, it contains one of the best coverages of secret societies that I have come across. It just about covers them all including even a section on George Soros. However, please use great discernment when reading it.

I don't speak German so I would be grateful if someone who does could translate the following statement in German, which the C's made to Laura: "Glophen in gestalt, bit, yie aire das gluppen und werstalt de vir seinderfor bidde. "

Attachments

• The Thule and Vrill Societies CHAPTERS 32 & 33.docx
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hey MJF, you are all over the mainstream of this topic, I’d like to recommend an obscure one for you. Written about 100 years ago, it bridges esoteric thought with fantasy science fiction in a unique way. “A voyage to Arcturus” by an odd character named David Lindsay. Billy Joe Bob says check it out, if you haven’t yet.

really like the adventure side of SF, i.e. bending the reader's with plausible scientific or philosophical related concepts,
Recto, I would recommend also : Dune Saga by Frank Herbert and Hyperion by Dan Simmons! Additionally, books written by brothers Strugacki are awesome! I.e. Roadside picnic.
MJF - thanks for thread. I love SF and Fantasy books.

Hey MJF, you are all over the mainstream of this topic, I’d like to recommend an obscure one for you. Written about 100 years ago, it bridges esoteric thought with fantasy science fiction in a unique way. “A voyage to Arcturus” by an odd character named David Lindsay. Billy Joe Bob says check it out, if you haven’t yet.
BHelmet: Thanks for the tip. I will certainly look into that book.

Bulwer-Lytton certainly did not write in a vacuum as there were other science fiction writers going strong at the time such as Jules Verne (it would be good if somebody could do a piece on him and the possible influences on his works as he had a very inventive mind), and H.G. Wells and others would follow shortly thereafter. I think what singles Bulwer-Lytton's book out though is that he was clearly attempting to get a message out in the same way as his contemporary Lewis Carroll did when he wrote the two Alice books. Those in the know, the cognescenti who were aware of his esoteric rosicrucian background, would no doubt have been alerted to what he was trying to convey in the book. Unfortunately, the people who took it most seriously turned out to be the very worst of humanity, the nazis.

Another author who was inspired by Bulwer-Lytton's book was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who is famous for his Sherlock Holmes books. However, he did also write fantasy works such as 'The Lost World', which has formed the background story of many movies made since its publication. But did you know he was a leading spiritualist who took the subject of seances very seriously? Strange when you consider how coldly logical Sherlock Holmes was.

Back
Top Bottom