Seeing with eyes closed ?

Bim said:
I'm happy i found this thread, cause i know now i'm not alone in experiencing this. It happens also after i turn off the lights as i'm going to sleep, when i tend to put on soft music or simply just relax. There's times where i tell myself why the heck am i seeing light when everything is turned off and dark, and yet the room seems illuminated somehow as i keep my eyes closed and look around. I tend to see what i can describe as "waves" of different colors sometimes too... it's just bizarre. I shall be more mindful from this point on and see what i come up with, since i know i'm not imagining it :-[ ;D

Hi, Bim: You mention waves of colors. Occasionally, at night with my eyes closed I see waves of blue color flowing across my visual screen. Like waves on the ocean but deep, rich blue. It seems to have an energy of it's own. I've made attempts to change it's speed of flow or change it's direction but can't influence it. The blue waves brings a feeling of peace, like all is well in the Universe despite appearances.

I, too, sometimes can seemingly see through closed eyelids in a darkened room. As others gave said the room doesn't have the same appearance as with eyes open. Like what I am seeing is almost the room but not quite.

The Universe is endlessly fascinating.

Mac

Mac said:
Hi, Bim: You mention waves of colors. Occasionally, at night with my eyes closed I see waves of blue color flowing across my visual screen. Like waves on the ocean but deep, rich blue. It seems to have an energy of it's own. I've made attempts to change it's speed of flow or change it's direction but can't influence it. The blue waves brings a feeling of peace, like all is well in the Universe despite appearances.
Indeed Mac, u explained it better than i could! Something curious is that at times the "waves" kind of turn into tons of tiny flowers that pulsate (words limit me here), and other times it's circles or geometric figures, but generally its the same color: blue/green. I do also experience a tingling sensation in my forehead (where the third eye is located at), and even my feet tingle sometimes while i feel energy running through my body. I don't know exactly what it all means or why it happens, but i'm trying to concentrate and focus on it more... hopefully i can find some answers.

Yeah, there's so much going on in the Universe than we tend to be aware of, and it's fascinating ;D

In response to the last two posts, I've experienced the same thing. Have all my life. I remember trying to explain it when I was younger and no one really understanding what I meant. I'm sure it's a very natural and easily explained phenomenon. But I'd describe the color as purple. There's these purple waves that flow, become shapes, sometimes shapes that are easily identifiable (including a humanoid shape which also spoke to me, but that's another story for another time).

Something else that I've always noticed was sometimes when I close my eyes, after a while I start to see these tiny red dots. Well, not dots, more like short lines. Kinda like really tiny sprinkles. I mean very tiny, kinda like if you were looking at a blank screen but were making out the pixels. And the vibrate. It's not that I see them shaking, but it's like they're moving but in place. Hard for me to describe.

Over time, I would occasionally see other colors. Red was always the most common color, but occasionally I'd see green ones, blue ones, yellow, purple. Even seen a combination of colors on rare occasions. But as I grew older, I learned I can make this happen at will. And I can willing change the color. I just gotta want it, now. After I see them, if I open my eyes, they're still there. They won't last long with my eyes open, usually because my perception shifts.

It was really hard to try and translate what I'm seeing, so if people are scratching their head, I get it. But does anyone out there know what I'm talking about? I'm glad that I'm not alone on the light wavey thing now, at least.

Bim said:
Indeed Mac, u explained it better than i could! Something curious is that at times the "waves" kind of turn into tons of tiny flowers that pulsate (words limit me here), and other times it's circles or geometric figures, but generally its the same color: blue/green. I do also experience a tingling sensation in my forehead (where the third eye is located at), and even my feet tingle sometimes while i feel energy running through my body. I don't know exactly what it all means or why it happens, but i'm trying to concentrate and focus on it more... hopefully i can find some answers.

Yeah, there's so much going on in the Universe than we tend to be aware of, and it's fascinating ;D

It seems as though more people have experienced this sort of phenomenon than I suspected. I've never discussed it with anyone as it's rather odd and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be much meaning associated with it that I'm able to discern. I just see these things, and that's that.

My own experience has been thus: colored mists, nebula-like in quality, luminescent and visible both with my eyes open and closed. On occasion, the "mists" part and I see a very unusual sphere rotating and floating before my eyes. The sphere, like the nebula mist, glows and is colored blue or yellow. Sometimes the color pulsates, changing between blue and yellow. The surface of the sphere is very unusual...fractal patterns seem to cover it completely. I was at a loss to describe the appearance of this sphere until one day, I happened to come across an image that made my jaw drop. Apart from the lack of color and luminescence, the image in the link below is identical to the sphere I have seen for many years:

_http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk40/wildmage_images/10000000.gif_

Apparently, the glowing sphere I see is a variety of quantum sphere.

Bewildered said:
Bim said:

It seems as though more people have experienced this sort of phenomenon than I suspected. I've never discussed it with anyone as it's rather odd and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be much meaning associated with it that I'm able to discern. I just see these things, and that's that.

My own experience has been thus: colored mists, nebula-like in quality, luminescent and visible both with my eyes open and closed. On occasion, the "mists" part and I see a very unusual sphere rotating and floating before my eyes. The sphere, like the nebula mist, glows and is colored blue or yellow. Sometimes the color pulsates, changing between blue and yellow. The surface of the sphere is very unusual...fractal patterns seem to cover it completely. I was at a loss to describe the appearance of this sphere until one day, I happened to come across an image that made my jaw drop. Apart from the lack of color and luminescence, the image in the link below is identical to the sphere I have seen for many years:

_http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk40/wildmage_images/10000000.gif_

Apparently, the glowing sphere I see is a variety of quantum sphere.

I was a member of ECKANKAR for a number of years and this is what kind of got me started on it. They claimed to have an explanation for it. They called such phenomena the Light of God or the Light of the Mahanta. I thought because they had an explanation for what I was experiencing that their way was valid.

I left ECKANKAR nearly 6 years ago. At first I wondered since I was no longer on that path if the waves of light might cease. But the Light still visits me often. Likely, The ECK organization was taking credit for a phenomenon that many people experienced.

I don't know what it is in truth. So strange and beautiful.

Mac

I too have seen these colors all of my life. When I was 6 or 7 I used to see geometric shapes in different colors like that . On occasion, I can see faint pictures. The colors are really pretty though, and the shapes/waves always move. I've always wondered about this also . I am sure it is probably some type of neurological phenomenon

I've also seen these shapes and colours, usually always purpley orangy ones. And if I let it go on is own, then it's like I'm flying through these waves of circles coming at me before stopping slightly and then going again.

DontBSkerred said:
Over time, I would occasionally see other colors. Red was always the most common color, but occasionally I'd see green ones, blue ones, yellow, purple. Even seen a combination of colors on rare occasions. But as I grew older, I learned I can make this happen at will. And I can willing change the color. I just gotta want it, now. After I see them, if I open my eyes, they're still there. They won't last long with my eyes open, usually because my perception shifts.
I have to admit, i've never really tried changing the colors or attempted to control the process in any way; i simply embraced it and let it flow. But i might just try to see if i can have any effect on it ;)

MAC: i hadnt heard of ECKANKAR before, but it just doesnt feel right when any organization or groups claims ownership of phenomenons as this in my book. It's one thing to try and provide answers and help people with it, but quite another to take credit for something people outside or the organization are also going through. It was probably for the best that u left and went on your own path.

Even though we dont really have answers as to what this is exactly, it's very cool to share this experience with others going through the same thing, because it's a very strange thing to talk about with just anyone :P

EmeraldHope said:
I am sure it is probably some type of neurological phenomenon

That's what I think too, atleast to some extent. And maybe, in some cases, it could also be a result from chemical imbalances.

I see this is an old thread....but i'm happy to find it.
I just asked my eye doctor about this yesterday.
He said it's normal...but not frequent to most people to see changing/morphing abstract images while your eyes are closed.
My personal experience is that this happens only a few times a week.
It used to be just morphing light and dark shapes....and it was as SOON as i closed my eyes....not just before i drifted off.
Sometimes it would annoy me when it happens...because it was distracting me from sleeping.
In the past few months....as I was telling my eye doctor....I've realized i can now TELL my brain what i want to see!!
I'll just be seeing shapes...always in black and white....slowly morphing/changing....but now I say I want to see my Mother....the shapes will then draw my Mother's face!!
Then i want to see someone else's face....Mom fades away...and within 15 seconds....the other face appears for me.
They look like white charcoal drawings on black paper. It;s so cool.
My doctor said this is very rare to be able to do....you have to be extremely creative/right-brained to be able to make this happen....which i am.

It doesn't happen all the time though....like now....when i close my eyes...theres NOTHING there. I wonder what makes it happen when it DOES happen.

Just thought i'd share this and see if anyone else has this experience.

Hi 2fishes, welcome to the forum :)

We encourage new members to post an introduction in the newbies board , no need for personal info, you can take a look to see how others have done it if you wish.

I cannot see surrounding with my eyes closed.
Instead of it with thought effort I can "place" blue screen before my eyes, and see something though it.

I cannot control what I see, most of time it is faint images changing one onother. Sometimes it is fractals, or something written. Sometimes it is like a movie or few movies simultaneously.
Pictures are changing very fast and I cannot extract any info from it.

As I understand it, one can access some conscious or subconscious information/memory and visialize it in some form.
Quality depends of calm state. The calmer you are the better result.

Hi i dont know how to create a new thread so i am asking here . I have been trying to open my third eye. from few days i am getting some sort of sensation when i concentrate on my forehead but i cant see anything. please tell me shat that sensation is and please do tell me how to activate my third eye.

Hello sahyd2don, and welcome
What do you mean by the third eye? A symbol can have different meanings to different people as you may know.

mkrnhr said:
Hello sahyd2don, and welcome
What do you mean by the third eye? A symbol can have different meanings to different people as you may know.

By third eye i mean growing awareness

Back
Top Bottom