Seeing with eyes closed ?

sahyd2don said:
mkrnhr said:
Hello sahyd2don, and welcome
What do you mean by the third eye? A symbol can have different meanings to different people as you may know.

By third eye i mean growing awareness

Well, if by 'opening the third eye' you mean you are are trying to grow awareness, then you are in the right place. Stick around, read and learn. It takes time but awareness can grow through seeking truth and self knowledge.

If, on the other hand, you are looking for tricks in order to create 'pleasant sensations', or to have 'experiences', you will be disappointed I think. Sensations are not knowledge.

Alada said:
sahyd2don said:
mkrnhr said:
What do you mean by the third eye? A symbol can have different meanings to different people as you may know.

Well, if by 'opening the third eye' you mean you are are trying to grow awareness, then you are in the right place. Stick around, read and learn. It takes time but awareness can grow through seeking truth and self knowledge.

If, on the other hand, you are looking for tricks in order to create 'pleasant sensations', or to have 'experiences', you will be disappointed I think. Sensations are not knowledge.

can you give me link to useful threads in this forum for people who are in my state(sensing at the forehead).

sahyd2don said:
Alada said:
sahyd2don said:
mkrnhr said:

can you give me link to useful threads in this forum for people who are in my state(sensing at the forehead).

Please use the search function at the top right of the page.

I was training this before years, walking in the night with closed eyes. The purpose wasn't exactly to see, but furthermore to develop the senses. Lotsa fun.

When we talk about seeing with closed eyes i underestand seeing the same as with eyes open, not the visuals apearing in our fantasies. This ability is not very common, probably is difficult to achieve, but i guess one could train it.

Here is example of one gifted with the ability to do it voluntary:

X-Ray Vision

Kuda Bux, an Indian mystic promoted himself as "The Man With X-Ray Eyes." Financially he was self-sufficient. He went around paying for ads in local newspapers to announce his free public demonstrations of X-ray vision. These demonstrations would be performed at lecture halls which he also rented himself. He did not sell things to those in attendance, nor did he make any big fuss over what he was doing. This was not a money making venture of any kind for him. He sought no profit. His sole motivation was to reach out to the common man in the street and demonstrate this message "that people have a far greater potential and
range of faculties than they realize"
Many audience members asked him over the years "How can you see?"
Kuda Bux would explain to them "I can due to the power of my concentration. I bring my attention to a finer level of my vision. It's my power of concentration." Kuda Bux paused briefly and then stated, "My back was broken in three places. Doctors said that I would never walk again. With my concentration I was able to heal myself. I have no problem walking now," he asserted.
"Can this work for blind people?" someone asked.
Kuda Bux replied, "I had once stated that this could help blind people. But, I am correcting my statement. This is not a solution for blind people." This is because blind people have purposes for being blind. It is something 'chosen' at a deeper than conscious level.
"Can anyone learn to do this?" others asked?
"Yes, you can develop your power of concentration by gazing at the gap between a flame and the candle. Do this just a few seconds at first," he explained. "After some time you will be able to do this for much longer. It will take about twenty years of daily practice to get results." Because of the unique position we are in at this time on Earth, with the quickening of consciousness coming more and more to the fore it is not going to take us that much time to make that much progress. Take heart, you will develop in time to make the differences you need to.
During the 1930's and 40's Kuda Bux gave stage performances all over the world claiming his eyeless sight was due to his skill in yoga after decades of intense practice.
In 1934 he obliged a team of experts and scientists by permitting them to seal his eyes shut with dough, tinfoil, gauze and layers of woolen bandages. He astounded them by being able to read from books placed in front of him.
In 1935, in front of an audience of scientists from the University of London Council for Psychical Research and some news reporters, Kuda Bux demonstrated fire-walking, another of his exceptional abilities. He walked across a twelve foot pit of burning coals unscathed. Bux's feet were checked before and after the firewalking to verify that no protective chemicals were used. It was a windy day and the surface temperature of the fire was measured at 806 degrees Fahrenheit. The body of the fire was measured at 2,552 degrees Fahrenheit which is hot enough to melt steel. After Kuda Bux's firewalking through the coals, a cameraman who had fumbled in taking photographs, asked for a retake. Kuda Bux obliged by repeating the firewalk.
In 1937 , he amazed onlookers in Liverpool by walking the entire length of a narrow ledge of a roof 200 feet above the ground while blindfolded as before. In 1938, in Montreal, Canada scientists also conducted experiments on Bux's claim to X Ray vision and confirmed his ability to see while blindfolded.
In 1945 , Kuda Bux skillfully rode a bicycle through congested New York's Times Square while his eyes were taped shut. Kuda Bux even starred in his own CBS series as Kuda Bux, Hindu Mystic. During this time he gave demonstrations in mind reading as well as eyeless vision. He also appeared on the Johnny Carson show , leaving his audience and Johnny flabbergasted with his demonstration. Two books have been written about his extraordinary feats and, about the many experiments that were conducted on him by researchers.
Kuda Bux was born as Khudah Bukhsh in 1906 in Kashmir. He passed away February 5, 1981. He had a very pleasant Indian wife who traveled with him in support of his mission.

Source _http://extraordinaryhumans.com/Superhuman/superhuman.html

And there is an essay that relates to this topic: "The Nature of Perception" by Ingo Swann quoted on another thread, but i can't link to it. Would somebody do it or use the search function.

max pain said:
I was training this before years, walking in the night with closed eyes. The purpose wasn't exactly to see, but furthermore to develop the senses. Lotsa fun.
Is it possible for you to say what 'senses' this helped you to develop and how does this ability and the 'feats' listed in the article help you or anyone with being able to Do - in other words to gain true Knowledge and Awareness in order to serve others?

Amen.

Have you ever asked yourself why you want this ability? Cayce once said that it's not enough to be good, but to be good for something. How would gaining this skill make for a better world?

max pain said:

When we talk about seeing with closed eyes i underestand seeing the same as with eyes open, not the visuals apearing in our fantasies. This ability is not very common, probably is difficult to achieve, but i guess one could train it.

so you say that you actually can see in some way with closed eyes ?
did you know the place, where you saw "blindly" ?
did you try to undertake a real objective study on your "ability" to see if it is not just your imagination ?

Here is example of one gifted with the ability to do it voluntary:

I don't know if that guy actually had the ability or not,
but what I do know is that there are some magicians, illusionists and so called mentalists who can perform the exact same things this guy was able to perform. and I'm pretty certain that those guys don't really have the ability. it is a trick. but I wasn't able as of yet to find out the secret behind this trick. but believe me I'm very curios to find out ....... :cool2:

I have had this happen from time to time. When I take melatonin its intensity is overwhelming. So mabey it has to do with how much melatonin you are naturally producing. I do not take it often because my already vivid dreams get a little to real and it wakes me up, defeating the whole purpose of a better nights sleep. :P

max pain said:
And there is an essay that relates to this topic: "The Nature of Perception" by Ingo Swann quoted on another thread, but i can't link to it. Would somebody do it or use the search function.
This is the link to the post of Buddy: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,6419.msg167497.html#msg167497

These are the links to the referenced source:

_http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/TowardActivating-3.html
_http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/Bibliography.html

_http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/1.html

Once there was a study done on blind people. They were being shown images of sad and happy people, and when they had to say which picture showed a sad face, most of them scored pretty high. When checking out the brain, they saw that the amygdala was mostly active when the sad picture was shown. This is just another example of how blind people can 'see'.

In the end, whether you can see with your eyes closed, or with your eyes open, or not at all, what matters the most, atleast to me, is whether you can See the signs of the times. :)

Oxajil said:
Once there was a study done on blind people. They were being shown images of sad and happy people, and when they had to say which picture showed a sad face, most of them scored pretty high. When checking out the brain, they saw that the amygdala was mostly active when the sad picture was shown. This is just another example of how blind people can 'see'.

In the end, whether you can see with your eyes closed, or with your eyes open, or not at all, what matters the most, atleast to me, is whether you can See the signs of the times. :)

Well said, Oxajil: Such phenomenon are interesting and part of the wonder of being alive. We could spend our whole lives pursuing them.

Learning to Be and to serve others are the only lessons worth spending our Time on. That is done here and now.

Or so it seems to me.

Mac

I recently noticed that I can "stabilize" some images within my mind. It is not imagination, because I never think about it and dont have expectations. There are 2 kind of images. First kind - true images sometimes in color. I think it is my "random" memory records about some places. I am not sure I had seen it somewhere.
Second type - blue pictures on black. Most of time it is some fractals or complex figures. I do not understand its meaning.

Plus with open eyes I see sometimes some "brownian motion" around me, and in the dark it seems there is aura, that can be noticed while moving hands/legs.

I have experienced waves of color shortly before I drift off to sleep, usually purple or white and then always I am aware I will hear of a message or news of some sort. sometimes it happens when I am bathing. The issues approaching are always serious in nature. on occasion it has happened before I wake, I then get a call almost immediately afterwards... I look to these experiences as a form of higher human communication. they started about 11 years ago upon my arrival to Arizona and mostly after I had spent time in the mountains of Sedona. I came out of the mountains with a severe headache and spent the remainder of the trip down the mountain in tears and talking about things randomly to my husband about the pain and anguish of humanity. I have always had the experience of premonitions through dreams as a young child and now I experience both the dreams and the color phenomena. I find it both a blessing and a curse...

Hi Ravenna821,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

With the topic post and first few replies in mind, I offer the following:

I think a case can be made that vision is probably 10% of the actual data entering our eyes at a given moment and 90% visual memory. That might offer an insight into some examples of 'seeing with eyes closed'.

The details of this 'case' might consist of some info Laura provides in the Wave chapter on addiction dealing with relationships between the various parts of the brain and levels of processing which includes the limbic system's involvement. Additionally, Gabor Mate is noted for describing how human infants are born pre-mature, requiring a few more years for their brain circuitry to develop.

In fact, up to about 6 months old, an infant is said to be naturally able to distinguish or produce every sound in virtually every human language. Within a mere four months, however, nearly two thirds of this capacity has disappeared or been been diminished. It makes sense from the viewpoint of 'conservation' of resources, and this diminishment of ability is accompanied by alterations in cerebral tissue as the brain becomes 'adapted' to its immediate environment. Brain cells seem to be measured against the requirements of the physical and interpersonal environment where maybe 50% of neurons found useful thrive. The other 50% which remain unexercised are perhaps literally forced to die off. Its like the floor plan underlying the infant mind is crafted on-site to fit an existing framework of community.

So, for the first few years of life, the social experience and immediate physical environment literally shapes cerebral morphology. It guides the wiring of the brain through the most intensely formative years of human life, determining, among other things, which of the brain's sections will be enlarged, and which will shrink.

So, once the neural circuitry has been established and the child has been trained to see what everyone else sees and to ignore what everyone else ignores, visual memory of what has been seen before can be put to use. IOW, conservation can take over the majority of visual function too. Visual memory does not rely on the eyes being open, thus 'seeing' (to some extent) with the eyes closed.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom