server Issues / Can't access SOTT

Re: Sott offline?

Is this a sott.net problem or my problem? Am I the only one, apart treesparrow that have difficulties connecting? :huh:

loreta said:
Is this a sott.net problem or my problem? Am I the only one, apart treesparrow that have difficulties connecting? :huh:

It's now intermittent for me, so still frustrating!

For me also is working, I'm in Italy, but in the past i remember that i have the same problem, usually in short time the Sott page was again accessible, it must be some kind of glitch with the server, 3D sts and 4D sts manipulations, just kidding though who knows? ;) :)

treesparrow said:
loreta said:

It's now intermittent for me, so still frustrating!

Yes, for me too. So I can't work on an article. :(

Hey guys,

has sott.net been attacked again?
When I try to access sott.net and de.sott.net I get the page in the attachment.

Hope everything will be fine!

Attachments

• sott connection problem.jpg
    sott connection problem.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 130
Actually it seems to be working fine when I tried again right after I posted, so no worries..

Each morning around 10am CET the Sott server shortly goes down but comes back again. Your post is made around this time, so I assume it was just that.

Scottie said:
This morning's "downtime" was due to a backup running. The site goes offline every day at the same time for a few minutes. Sometimes, it only takes 1-2 minutes. Sometimes, it's a bit longer.

Live backups generally caused problems, so now we do it the 100% reliable way... at the expense of a few minutes of downtime each day.

There are actually many (and multiple) backups running between our various servers throughout the day. Also, the timing of all of them is geared in a such a way that we also have a daily local backup of everything downloaded onsite here during our sleepytime (for bandwidth reasons).

Unfortunately, this whole string of backups means that the timing for the SOTT backup (with downtime) occurs in the morning Europe time.

Well, you can't have everything...
;D

Back
Top Bottom