server Issues / Can't access SOTT

I have the same cloudflare issue as Nielow and the others. Even this very logging into the forum took me a few minutes which really is NOT customary/usual (for 50 mbps - even less usual, osit). You guys must have been be doing something of a very right sort, because sometimes such a large delay happens due to a DoS/DDos tampering (usually, though not always).
Edit: Hope it's just maintainance!

Re: Sott offline?

Is there a problem today at Sott.net? today I can not connect.

Ok, now it is ok. Today it seemed to me it took longer when Sott put everything at day. Sorry for the noise but you know how things are going, a little problem can be something big!

loreta said:

Also everything alright here (Southern Bavaria).

What you could try next time:
Try to connect to Sott again in a few minutes. Can you reach other Internet pages or do you have issues with them, too? You could delete the cache and the history of your browser. Maybe the free memory on the drive you have got your browser is to small. Maybe deleting of some old files helps. Sometimes it helps to reboot the PC.

Dirgni said:
loreta said:

Also everything alright here (Southern Bavaria).

What you could try next time:
Try to connect to Sott again in a few minutes. Can you reach other Internet pages or do you have issues with them, too? You could delete the cache and the history of your browser. Maybe the free memory on the drive you have got your browser is to small. Maybe deleting of some old files helps. Sometimes it helps to reboot the PC.

I tried many minutes later. Few times. Usually I know it took some minutes for Sott to do the check up, around 9 or 10 am everyday but today was longer. I had just this particular problem with Sott page.

Thanks for your advice Dirgni! :)

When you load SOTT, you are actually loading it through CloudFlare - which has servers all over the world. Depending on where you are, you are loading the site through a different CloudFlare server than other people in different geographic areas.

So, today, there were no problems with the SOTT server itself, but it seems there were outages at CloudFlare.

Thus, it worked fine all day from one place, but from another place it appeared to be down.

Scottie said:
When you load SOTT, you are actually loading it through CloudFlare - which has servers all over the world. Depending on where you are, you are loading the site through a different CloudFlare server than other people in different geographic areas.

So, today, there were no problems with the SOTT server itself, but it seems there were outages at CloudFlare.

Thus, it worked fine all day from one place, but from another place it appeared to be down.

Thanks for the information Scottie. It is always a mystery how all this works. A really one, and a miracle also that it works so well. Thanks!

Not been able to view Sott for about half an half now. Anyone else experiencing same?

I am currently seeing this error message on SOTT.net

Error 520 Ray ID: 2a14b5aca90c19c2 • 2016-05-11 09:47:29 UTC

I hope you're having fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom