Session 09 June 2009

[quote author=Avala today] There is no artofliving course in my country or any around. [/quote]

Hi Avala,

According to the AoL site, there are no Art of Living courses in the country I'm living in, either. So that's three of us so far, including Breton:

[quote author=Breton] For example, I anticipate huge obstacles about getting to a course, or trying to arrange one in Finland. [/quote]

However, he then goes on to say;

But we will do what we will do...

And that is the attitude to take, osit. For my part, I'm going to place an ad about TAoL in our local magazine (there is only one) and see what, if anything, it turns up.

We are where we are supposed to be, so if there is no TAoL course near us, then there is a reason for this, osit. A personal challenge, perhaps? Showing the Universe that we are serious in our attempts to evolve by making our own effort to overcome obstacles? Paying in advance, as it were?

I'm with Breton on this one. Let's see what we can do about it first, before wishing anyone a tearful goodbye! ;)

So, goodbye then friends, and good farewell

Pish and tosh, fwiw! :P

One thing that comes to mind for those not being able to follow a AoL course would be youtube, an online course from those that already master the skill?

just brainstorming here..

BlueSpace said:
Dear Laura :) high spaces with you. What do you mean is it Cassioppea information thrue gods relation for humanity world? Have we thrue hope for next future, who have a power for jump in to te next level to IV densitet. Where is first thue, who is primary enemy human spaces....many many ansver I wait, your friend from god light, jeeeee

Are you able to communicate using words correctly, better Are you able to communicate?
Is there someone there?

Maybe is my English....

Bo said:
One thing that comes to mind for those not being able to follow a AoL course would be youtube, an online course from those that already master the skill?

just brainstorming here..

That's what I'm thinking. An instructional video... Let me see what I can find out.

ADDED: I just read this:

Sudarshan Kriya is the core component of the Art of Living courses. Persons enrolling for the courses are required to sign non-disclosure agreements, so that specifics of the Sudarshan Kriya technique are not made public [16]. However, some of the starting "asanas" and exercises have been disclosed in a newspaper article ... The Art of Living Foundation (AOLF) offers many programs centered on Sudarshan Kriya, meditation and group-dynamics. The organization teaches Breath Water Sound workshops (or Nav-Chetna Shibirs) in distressed urban and rural areas, and also provides prison programs, free of charge. The fees for other AOLF courses vary from country to country. (In the USA, the regular course fee is $375.) College students are traditionally given discounts. The AOLF sponsors various philanthropic events, at which participants can take courses at reduced prices.

The price is not the issue but the non-disclosure thing is weird, IMO.

I didn't sign a non-disclosure and, frankly, with the Cs input, seems that the system needs modifications. So, like I said, ya'll just hang on and let me see what I can find out and do about this.

Laura said:
Avala said:
I wish you luck with going to the 4d density and connection with higher selves, I am afraid that I am staying. (But not on my will)

And milllions of others in my country solely. There is no artofliving course in my country or any around. And interesting thing is that I didn’t understand absolutely anything that I just read, maybe I should read it lately more thorough, I was disappointed with not having that artofliving near. Which seems important. But if that is the case half (but, even half of the Europe only) of the world don’t have a chance even to try it.

So, goodbye then friends, and good farewell :cry: :(

Not to worry, my dear. I'm thinking about that and solutions... Have faith!

bedower said:
I'm with Breton on this one. Let's see what we can do about it first, before wishing anyone a tearful goodbye! ;)

After all that has happened this can not be an impediment.

Remembering on what a collinear group is able to do:

Cassiopaea glossary said:
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=54&lsel=C
What is gained or lost by one is gained and lost by all and where the head goes there follows the body.

Avala said:
I wish you luck with going to the 4d density and connection with higher selves, I am afraid that I am staying. (But not on my will)

And milllions of others in my country solely. There is no artofliving course in my country or any around. And interesting thing is that I didn’t understand absolutely anything that I just read, maybe I should read it lately more thorough, I was disappointed with not having that artofliving near. Which seems important. But if that is the case half (but, even half of the Europe only) of the world don’t have a chance even to try it.

Avala, where do you live?

Definitely a jam-packed session. I've looked up the Art of Living Course online here and there is one down in Denver on June 26th ---- However - it's FOUR days long - a total of 16 hours!! It's also $350. Here is the link:

_http://secure.artofliving.org/course_details.aspx?course_id=4852

Taking two days off work to travel and take a 16 hour course over 4 days is simply not possible at this point in time. Not to mention that 16 hours over four days
sounds more like brain washing than a course to me.

It's a little discouraging, to say the least. Perhaps our own, unique approach to this would solve a lot of problems (as it usually does)?

Interesting session indeed! And a bit frightening...to hear about "the end times".

I'm a bit confused about this Art Of Living-thing; in the session 3.March there was this:
Q: (Simon) Yeah. You have to ask something like: Was what he [Maharishi Mahesh Yogi ]was teaching beneficial to the increasing of knowledge?

A: No.

Q: (L) But that was your specific question: Was what he was teaching beneficial to the increasing of knowledge? (Craig) Is there any value in his particular angle, the revival of the ancient Vedic knowledge?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) So, obviously there's a little more to this than meets the eye. (Craig) Is this continued in the right direction by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

A: No.

Q: (Craig) Is there a whole new direction by the work of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

A: Could be...

Q: (L) So what's this Sri Sri guy into? (Craig) He's [teaching "Art of Living" breathing/meditation]. Is this a worthwhile program for the benefit of mankind?

A: In certain respects, yes. But it is lacking balance.

Q: (Craig) Which area does balance need to be improved?

A: Remember that nearly the entire world was against the war over sixty years ago and it came nonetheless. Meditation to calm the mind and commune with higher realms will do nothing to balance this realm.

Q: (L) Clearly from my experience, meditation to master yourself and your reactions is a very beneficial thing.

A: Yes. But then what does one do with that mastery?

Q: (Craig) It serves to help people who don't know how to control their mind or their emotions.

A: Yes. And teach them when where and how to use those emotions for change. Overcoming emotions so that one is not affected by what is out there and inside is little more than becoming an automaton.

Q: (Craig) Can these breathing techniques help - Sudarshan Kriya?

A: Absolutely!!!!!!!

Q: (Craig) Is it one of the best tools we can use to revive people's humanity?

A: Yes. But don't forget the balance. Facing reality and mastering the self alternating with meditation for recovery.

So Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is considered "misguided" by the C's. And he teaches this Art of Living...? Maybe I've read things too quickly, but I the "signals" seem confusing. The C's state clearly that the Sudarshan Kriya breathing technique is beneficial. Maybe there are other breathing techniques that could also be beneficial - and easier to find a (cheaper) course? It somehow seems strange that "the only proper" technique would have this non-disclosure thing?

Sorry if I sound doubtful, maybe it's the "time is getting short" feeling making me panic...

Not to belabor the point, me and my other half cannot take any classes just for the reason that we have a child which we are the only one who can take care of, there is no way I would hire a babysitter for four day in a row ;)

Can anyone wear a fake cowboy hat with a hidden camera in it during the classes ? ;)

Moreover, what tells me that the teachings haven't been corrupted in my own country ?
Maybe I am super paranoid though.

Like I said, I'm thinking about it. Since the main thing is the kriya... the breathing technique, and the Cs were clearly NOT happy with the rest of it, perhaps the thing to do is to make our own instructional video based on the Cs recommendations. We'll bring this topic up at the next session... very soon, and get some resolution on the matter. As far as I can see, it ought to be free to everyone. Or at least, just a nominal fee for producing and mailing a quality video... I don't know if youtube is the place for this sort of thing or if it can carry a good quality video. Anybody know that?

Laura said:
I don't know if youtube is the place for this sort of thing or if it can carry a good quality video. Anybody know that?

Vimeo is quite nice for the image quality as far as I know it ("It's true, Vimeo supports HD video in full 1280x720 resolution!")
_http://www.vimeo.com/

Although I would totally consider paying a fee for the time and production costs.

Laura said:
As the Cs had said that the Sudarshen Kriya would be a useful thing for us to know and practice,

FYI: In doing some online searching, I am seeing it referred to as Sudarshan (with an 'a' at the end) Kriya.

There's a center in Toulouse and a 5-days course close to where I live by the end of June. I suppose the price is high. Anyway I 'd rather trust a video made by Laura and crew.

Laura said:
Avala said:

Not to worry, my dear. I'm thinking about that and solutions... Have faith!

Thank you Laura , and apologies, I was frustrated because not understand it (programs) plus was annoyed by some friend who calling me for days to some wedding celebration that I don’t like to go.

One thing fell on my mind, maybe in this curses there is more levels and understandings and gaining help, like from ops to soul humans, everyone can have something for themselves, according to their possibilities to understand it. Maybe someone will need looong courses and maybe someone will just will need some minor explanation.

I dont know about youtubes HD quality a lot, I know it haves it, but result depends on loading material, as it seems. I have loaded once material of about 40mb and say I wont it in HD, it shrinked in about 75 percent, but still beter then "average quality"

And I find “Vimeo” pretty hard to use it, but I believe it depends on codecs that one have on its own computer and on internet line that someone have. Or is it was that I just didn’t have patience to wait for it to be fully loaded . . .

Back
Top Bottom