Session 13 March 2021

Just think of Johnny Depp today. There were disturbing revelations about him that came out recently during his legal action (or media circus!) against, his former wife, Amber Heard.
The rest of your post is spot on, but I just wanted to address this particular issue.
My wife has been following this case closely and has been keeping me informed. Long story short, Amber Heard is a golddigging psychopath who has been working on Johnny since she met him. The fact of the matter is that she is the abuser (she cut off Johnny's finger, put out cigarettes on his face, threw stuff at him and outright beat him up) and Johnny the victim. Unfortunately, people believe her implicitly because she's a woman. Just have a look at some of her testimony and public appearances with regards to the case and you can clearly see that she's as fake as they come. Really sick and pathetic woman. There's a lot of materaial on YouTube that goes into this with recordings of conversations and altercations between the two, where it's very clear which of them is the abuser. I thought about making a dedicated post or thread about this, but I don't have that much time to give a thorough explication of all the details. If anyone's interested, though, Amber Heard is a great case study in psychopathy, in my opinion.

I was not speaking about upcoming cataclysms, but my nature in general which is to try to prevent others from suffering if I can.
But why want to intervene with the free will of other sufferers, if in fact they chose to suffer?

But why want to intervene with the free will of other sufferers, if in fact they chose to suffer?
But why want to intervene in
the free will of other sufferers, if in fact they chose to suffer?
So more precisely)

That's a bit of a pathological reframing of the issue. People usually suffer because they lack knowledge and make choices based on incorrect assumptions. So yes, one could argue that they are choosing to suffer but not for the sake of suffering itself but for lack of knowing better. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help people who are asking by searching out information by giving freely knowledge that has been hard won. But that can create an energy imbalance. This is not the same as a violation of free will. The knowledge is freely given and freely received. If Laura has to suffer because the exchange is not equal, that something she does willingly and there are plenty of people who would be grateful for that rather than attempting to put into question the motivation or insinuating a negative consequence as a result instead. OSIT

Just read the Amazon 'inside' on The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie', he feels the ceramic bowl inside the box once inside the carriage. Pretty 4D. Reading a short excerpt changed the accuracy of my imagination, at least I feel that - or added confidence, seeing how Lord Mackenzie sees inside things.

Learning that much in the 'Look inside' for the book, I ordered it.

That's a bit of a pathological reframing of the issue. People usually suffer because they lack knowledge and make choices based on incorrect assumptions. So yes, one could argue that they are choosing to suffer but not for the sake of suffering itself but for lack of knowing better. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help people who are asking by searching out information by giving freely knowledge that has been hard won. But that can create an energy imbalance. This is not the same as a violation of free will. The knowledge is freely given and freely received. If Laura has to suffer because the exchange is not equal, that something she does willingly and there are plenty of people who would be grateful for that rather than attempting to put into question the motivation or insinuating a negative consequence as a result instead. OSIT
I don't bet there's nothing wrong with wanting to help. The only trick is that people make a choice on their own. Accordingly, to wish yourself suffering "if people did not suffer" is to try to build the desired reality. The lizards tried well, setting reality for themselves - people sleep tight, and this is reality. As a consequence, mercy comes into play with a taste of ashes. Sometimes you need to kick a sleeper in a burning house.

I am one of those reluctant to read the books. I LOVE to read and am constantly reading novels. As a young woman (18-21), I read dozens of those romance novels. I loved them. They brought something into my life that I needed at the time. But now, with my general cynical attitude, the thought of reading them has no attraction for me. I did recently read "Outlander" which Laura did not recommend, but I found it very engrossing. It has drama and romance, and the female character was strong and resilient. So for someone like me, which book out of all those on the list would be a good place to start?
I’m starting with the Outlander novel. I need a magical time travel element to keep me intrigued. The typical romance is not appealing like an overly sweet dessert perhaps? Science fiction was my choice of book as a teenager.

I have watched Outlander Season 1 with my husband on DVD’s borrowed from a friend who reads LOADS of romance books. At the last episode, there is a soul smashing scene, that both he and I could not “stomach” to continue the next season. The character became almost too repulsive to watch any more. I’m interested to see what my reaction is to him in book format.

This time last year, at the beginning of the scamdemic, I reread the Harry Potter series and was surprised how much of it paralleled the evil taking place in the current events. I started reading Harry Potter because I consciously needed to dissociate from the unfolding lockdown narrative. So I guess it’s time to give romance a try.

Remember how television shows in the 60’s had morals and happy endings?

Thanks for another mind expanding session!

Maybe you should look at why you are resisting this so much?

I have never been interested in Romance novels, but, as with everything else, I know that Laura knows what she is talking about; especially when recommending reading materials. So I started reading those that she has recommended. And it is astonishing how much information is in there dealing with the traumas that so many are dealing with in real time now. There is very sage advice in these novels showing how these things can and should be dealt with; both by the person suffering and those whom are interacting with them.

So it seems that Laura really does know what she is talking about. The fact that so many have had "Aha" moments while reading these books and found some release of repressed emotions and new knowledge of why they may feel the way they do makes it quite worthwhile to read a few of them, at the very least, to see what all of the hubbabaloo is about.

They, also, show how people should be interacting with others of male and female, female and female and male and male. There are many tribulations these characters go through and following along on their journeys is very insightful.
I also was reluctant to turn my attention to romance novels. I ordered a Georgette Heyer book, in english, (i am german, and i think my english is not that bad) and i couldn't read it smoothly enough! Ok, I had that several times before, that a book needs some "shelf time" before I can read it, get into it so to say. I now ordered Mary Balogh, two novels in one book - and I already can see my husbands face when he sees the cover... and I realized, that those covers were an obstacle for me. But, as the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover!

With the mention of both Graham Hancock, and the big jars for storing beer i thought it might be useful to post this clip from a JRE, with graham and brian muraresku that discussed the invention of beverages like wine and beer and how they were originally made dor their psycadellic properties. The full show is no longer on youtube but this clip has some info in it.

The rest of your post is spot on, but I just wanted to address this particular issue.
My wife has been following this case closely and has been keeping me informed. Long story short, Amber Heard is a golddigging psychopath who has been working on Johnny since she met him. The fact of the matter is that she is the abuser (she cut off Johnny's finger, put out cigarettes on his face, threw stuff at him and outright beat him up) and Johnny the victim. Unfortunately, people believe her implicitly because she's a woman. Just have a look at some of her testimony and public appearances with regards to the case and you can clearly see that she's as fake as they come. Really sick and pathetic woman. There's a lot of materaial on YouTube that goes into this with recordings of conversations and altercations between the two, where it's very clear which of them is the abuser. I thought about making a dedicated post or thread about this, but I don't have that much time to give a thorough explication of all the details. If anyone's interested, though, Amber Heard is a great case study in psychopathy, in my opinion.
Fair comment. I don't know all the ins and outs of the case but I can say that it certainly garnered a lot of media interest here in the UK. I merely used Johhny Depp as a modern example of how the golden lives of film stars can be very different from the image they present on screen. Notoriety today may not be as damaging as it was in the golden age of Hollywood and can even be career enhancing in some cases if, for example, you want to cultivate a bad boy image.

Even Gable would have looked like a saint compared to the likes of Errol Flynn, the ultimate Hollywood bad boy and womaniser who should have been convicted for having under age sex and was even rumoured to have killed a native islander in the Pacific in his pre-Hollywood days. Flynn's life was even more colourful than the characters he played on screen. As David Niven said of him: "the only thing you could rely on Errol Flynn for was his unreliability"and they were firm friends.

I’m starting with the Outlander novel. I need a magical time travel element to keep me intrigued. The typical romance is not appealing like an overly sweet dessert perhaps? Science fiction was my choice of book as a teenager.

I have watched Outlander Season 1 with my husband on DVD’s borrowed from a friend who reads LOADS of romance books. At the last episode, there is a soul smashing scene, that both he and I could not “stomach” to continue the next season. The character became almost too repulsive to watch any more. I’m interested to see what my reaction is to him in book format.

This time last year, at the beginning of the scamdemic, I reread the Harry Potter series and was surprised how much of it paralleled the evil taking place in the current events. I started reading Harry Potter because I consciously needed to dissociate from the unfolding lockdown narrative. So I guess it’s time to give romance a try.

I have been watching the old 1960's 'Fugitive' TV series with David Janssen during the lockdown. Beautifully acted and usually depicting all manner of moral dilemmas, which he, as the main character, generally resolves by the end of the episode. They wouldn't make a show like that today.

Don't expect what you are doing to produce the results we are looking for. Obviously, you wish to be on your own. Happy trails.

I have been watching the old 1960's 'Fugitive' TV series with David Janssen during the lockdown. Beautifully acted and usually depicting all manner of moral dilemmas, which he, as the main character, generally resolves by the end of the episode. They wouldn't make a show like that today.

Both of you need to read the entire thread before you make decisions about what you are going to read with the assumption that you are going to achieve the same results. There are very specific reasons for selecting the books that are being read and all those on the list are vetted.

But again, if you want to go your own way, blessings.

I don't bet there's nothing wrong with wanting to help. The only trick is that people make a choice on their own. Accordingly, to wish yourself suffering "if people did not suffer" is to try to build the desired reality. The lizards tried well, setting reality for themselves - people sleep tight, and this is reality. As a consequence, mercy comes into play with a taste of ashes. Sometimes you need to kick a sleeper in a burning house.

I suggest you read what genero81 wrote again, and the actual session. Perhaps there is something you don't understand because English is not your first language, or maybe you have a problem with the idea of giving information freely, so that other people can make their choices. It's very different from determining their needs. This has nothing to do with determining how reality should be, and more to do with seeing reality as it is (as much as possible), and helping those who also are looking for answers. Have you considered the fact that, in this context, not sharing what you learn and not networking could be seen as STS? You are focusing on some words and only on details and missing the point, I think. People suffer no matter what, but you can help those who seek suffer more consciously, if THEY want it.

Back
Top Bottom