Session 15 August 2009

Justin said:
Thanks for the session!

I wanted to share a coincidence that relates to this latest session in a way. Today, before I read the latest C’s transcript, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to donate to QFG and so I did. I guess my thinking was that the EE breathing/meditation program has been so helpful to me and I had not transferred any energy back recently. So, then when I read the transcript after doing the donation it was a bit of a surprise that there was significant discussion of energy transfer back and forth. Anyway, these little weird coincidences surprised me more in the past…now they mostly just make me smile. :)

Thanks again all :D

I had such a similar experience this morning. Decided that it was time My husband and I donated as we both participate, was mulling over the whole issue of payment to discuss amounts etc tonight and then read this latest session.

I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to everyone. I know that I am much more of a taker than a giver and I am much more aware of that now and the need to change, all brought about by the work of Laura and the sharing of experiences, ideas and thoughts on this forum.

Sometimes I find that I have been reading the threads on the forum and I don't post because someone else has said what I had thought and basically covered the point or because I am afraid I might sound stupid or sometimes I think I am just plain LAZY. It has only just struck me that this another form of taking without giving back.

I feel ashamed that I even thought I could take without giving back, or at least balancing the exchange.

Thank you Laura and the team once again! How can I ever give you back what I have learned from u so far?

slowone said:
Sometimes I find that I have been reading the threads on the forum and I don't post because someone else has said what I had thought and basically covered the point or because I am afraid I might sound stupid or sometimes I think I am just plain LAZY. It has only just struck me that this another form of taking without giving back.

I feel ashamed that I even thought I could take without giving back, or at least balancing the exchange.

Unfortunately I have a similar feelings slowone. I often begin to write a post but on a second thought I start to have some doubts and eventually I write nothing. Those doubts are often caused by my own dissatisfaction towards myself, I mean that I look at my wholly written reply and I just think "How silly and inaccurately I've written my idea!".
I agree also with the fact that some topics are so extensively researched and investigated that It's just 'not quite the thing' to say "I totally agree with you, I think just the same!" and the end.

It's a hard fact that giving requires effort. Giving something new, valueable to a discussion obeys the same rule. And I often feel ashamed as well. Hopefully I try to work on this and not to resign but make a step after step in order to learn how to give more.
Anyway, contribution to the forum is one but not the only way of giving back, as already discussed. I personally think that the C's by saying "effort" meant especially our own work, our own sincere desire for a change and the efforts and payings that must be spend on the application of the knowledge that we've earned. In that way I think we are giving, in some extent, the interaction/the knowledge it's due.

[quote author=Session of 15 AUG 2009]Q: (L) But that doesn't seem to be such a simple thing. I mean, in order to do that, you have to learn how to stop being manipulated and manipulating... (Allen) But maybe we've got a feedback loop. They're talking about all these people having the opportunity to give all with this breathing program and then they can learn more, maybe. If they start giving there then they'll learn more, and then they'll get more ability...

A: Bingo! But even more than that, they will have the opportunity via video to experience the transmission of frequency almost directly.

Q: (PL) The voice. (Allen) And the face. (Joe) Is this the videos that are already made, or is this in relation to other videos?

A: Videos yet to be made. These have always been in the plan, but you only thought in terms of a "ouija" video. There is so much more of great importance that can be taught by us through you than that!!!
[/quote]

Was just thinking, that the flip-side of the statement above is that this process probably also works "from the other end", namely from STS side through our medias.

I am currently in a remote area and shocked to see how much TV people watch. The eat while watching TV (lunch and dinner), then after they have finished eating, the go and watch a movie. There is not much talking or networking. Just staring into the screen ... And they don't read anything at all.

Was just thinking, that the flip-side of the statement above is that this process probably also works "from the other end", namely from STS side through our medias.

I am currently in a remote area and shocked to see how much TV people watch. The eat while watching TV (lunch and dinner), then after they have finished eating, the go and watch a movie. There is not much talking or networking. Just staring into the screen ... And they don't read anything at all.

Nickelbleu this is something that I have pondered about myself for a very long time. I believe that TV is an addiction. A way to live vicariously through others even if it is fictional. For me, for a long time it was an escape. My previous job was very exhausting and time consuming, and when I finally arrived home usually very late I would plop on the couch and watch mindlessly until I was so tired I would go to bed. During this time I was truely lost and not until I left that job and weeded myself off of TV and found this forum and Laura's, The C's and SOTT material have I really started to make sense of it all. I think that there may be subliminal messages within that media (just speculation) and that there can be great danger within it. Just my opinion of this. Thanks.

nomad said:
There's a really good quote by Goethe (edit: well, partially attributed to him) which is worth repeating:

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.

Wow. Thanks, Nomad. Beautiful and a wonderful mirror for the magic working through our lives now, the wonder of being free to choose yet connected to a higher order. I can see, now, how it was this power that helped me to reach certain goals that I knew were "right," goals I knew I could reach but was afraid to decide or try. When I it did anyway because, I think, on some level I was more afraid not to do what I knew I should, it was those few times in my life that I truly asked for help, for strength, for resources, but not for a free ride. Usually I reached this point in desperation, using procrastination from fear as a negative impetus to finally accept responsibility and act. Now I've decided to use faith and reason as impetus to choose, to transmute patterns of fear into courage, to ask and seek to learn what Service to Others and giving all truly means.

Thanks, all, for sharing your experiences :)

edited to thank Nomad for posting the quote, not Goethe :-[

Evolutionary1 said:
edited to thank Nomad for posting the quote, not Goethe :-[

ahh if Goethe popped up and started posting his own words from beyond the grave, wouldn't that be something ;)
yeah, it's a great inspiring reminder of how the universe works, for those times when we need a little something to help overcome our own blockages.

Johnno said:
The C's have attributed the throat chakra to matching the negative intellectual centre. So perhaps it could be a clearing of those negative thoughts.

Just to clarify, they said the throat chakra corresponded to the lower intellectual centre, not the negative half:

session02/07/13 said:
Q: Do the "centers" as described by Mouravieff relate
at all to the idea of "chakras?"
A: Quite closely. In an individual of the organic
variety, the so-called higher chakras are "produced in
effect" by stealing that energy from souled beings.
This is what gives them the ability to emulate souled
beings. The souled being is, in effect, perceiving a
mirror of their own soul when they ascribe "soul
qualities" to such beings.
Q: Is this a correspondence that starts at the basal
chakra which relates to the sexual center as described
by Mouravieff?
A: No. The "sexual center" corresponds to the solar
plexus.

Lower moving center - basal chakra
Lower emotional - sexual chakra
Lower intellectual - throat chakra
Higher emotional - heart chakra
Higher intellectual - crown chakra

Q: (L) What about the so-called seventh, or "third
eye" chakra?
A: Seer. The union of the heart and intellectual higher
centers.

That doesn't take anything away from your idea though, Johnno

Evolutionary1 said:
I do see that gathering will eventually be necessary and inevitable, and I am terribly agitated with excitement and the urge for the organic and flowing communication available through good old-fashioned conversation with like-minded people!

I know how you feel, Evolutionary1, but I think it might be a good idea to consider what you think and know about "good old-fashioned conversation." If you observe conversations in everyday life, even ones that 'discuss' deep or profound concepts and ideas, you see that a large amount of it is based on assumptions, seen through filters of individual subjectivity, and the parties usually all have their own motives for the conversation.

Like G. said, people will argue different sides and be talking about the same thing, while people often think they're talking about the same thing but aren't at all. Think about the statement, "people lie non-stop because they can't help it". Now imagine having a face to face conversation with others from this forum.

There's a really interesting part in ISOTM where Ouspensky describes G.'s apartment. He says that it's impossible to tell a lie there, and that instead of it being a place where people get to discuss everything about The Work, it has the opposite effect; people there will sit in silence for hours because they don't feel the urge or the need to talk non-stop.

T.C. said:
Evolutionary1 said:
I do see that gathering will eventually be necessary and inevitable, and I am terribly agitated with excitement and the urge for the organic and flowing communication available through good old-fashioned conversation with like-minded people!

I know how you feel, Evolutionary1, but I think it might be a good idea to consider what you think and know about "good old-fashioned conversation." If you observe conversations in everyday life, even ones that 'discuss' deep or profound concepts and ideas, you see that a large amount of it is based on assumptions, seen through filters of individual subjectivity, and the parties usually all have their own motives for the conversation.

Like G. said, people will argue different sides and be talking about the same thing, while people often think they're talking about the same thing but aren't at all. Think about the statement, "people lie non-stop because they can't help it". Now imagine having a face to face conversation with others from this forum.

T.C., the biggest and ugliest arguments I have been in have always boiled down to semantics--and they usually began over something totally inconsequential. The worst of all was over the use of "disposition." :lol:...silly.

I think I get your point. I know that "real" interactions where one chooses to fully listen when listening, to try to understand and interact by first giving attention, can be humbling and uncomfortable, but potentially very enlightening--just like interacting on this forum. It seems this may be training for the ability to truly network as a way of life and has begun to change the degree of attention I give to how I interact with people day-to-day whether face-to-face or virtually. And as I've come to acknowledge, I must work from where I am first.

Thanks for the feedback :)

T.C. said:
Just to clarify, they said the throat chakra corresponded to the lower intellectual centre, not the negative half:

I think this idea has come down into common parlance as "talk is cheap"

:)

A: It would be best if you could teach it directly. But under the circumstances with so many in such great need, and the system often restricting their funds and thus their ability to travel and compensate you for your time and energy, it is the best way so far. Some will find their creativity expanding and thus their ability to make more direct connections as a result of the practice!

I was thinking about this many times. Now i know that there is hope to make some connection from distance.

Los said:
There were some recent changes in the recommended reading list:

Narcissism "Big Five":

Myth of Sanity - Martha Stout
The Narcissistic Family - Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman and Robert M. Pressman
Trapped in the Mirror - Elan Golomb
Unholy Hungers - Barbara E. Hort
In Sheep's Clothing - George K. Simon

Drama of the Gifted Child is listed under the 'Other Psychology' section.

Thanks, Los, for the clarification.

However, I still think that Drama of the Gifted Child is an important book to read. But that's just me. In Sheep's Clothing is also a must read so I'm glad to see it was added to the Top Five. :)

Pai said:
Thank-you for this session. :) For me this is a call to action and a reminder that this is not not the time for complacency

Yes, this transcript has given me a lot of food for thought and, especially after the message to all in the last transcript, I feel it is time for action and honest effort on my part... I'm not going to worry myself with thoughts of whether or not I am open enough to receiving all that is given... I'm just going to commit! I have given my support to SOTT and the QFS in the past but I can give more and I will do it :)

Back
Top Bottom