Session 15 August 2009

DanielS said:
Thank you so much for this session. I had some anxieties reading the thread, because I have to face my selfish personality traits.

Q: (L) Why do you say "their ability to compensate me for my time"?

A: We have spoken before about the necessity for energy to be balanced. It is correct for you to make this program available according to the individual ability to compensate. But all must remember that it is STO to GIVE [planchette circles board] ALL to those who ask. You have given all REPEATEDLY and many still do not understand the value nor do they compensatorily give in return. Those who have difficulties with the program may find that they are not giving "all". And that does not always mean money either. It can also mean commitment.

I would think right now, instead of right off the bat trying to give "all" without expectation of reward or compensation, make an inventory of all the times in recent memory when you have given, with the afterthought of what you can get out of it, all the times someone has asked without manipulation and you did not help to your full potential, all the times someone has asked you manipulatively and you did it, all the times you have asked manipulatively to get something, and whether you offered something back in return, or the reasons for the manipulation.

A few things that come to mind for me is reading the Wave Series. Even though I offered a donation for the Eiriu Eolas Breathing Program (which I could've given more than I did) I still haven't given back anything financially for reading the material. I've been planning to purchase books from QFG for a while, but haven't done it. I constantly watch MMA Events online for free, without ever thinking about all the effort and time put into making the show. I haven't been doing the breathing program as diligently as I should. I've skipped days, and sometimes used the Prayer of the Soul as a quick fix to make up for it, which isn't what the proper intent of the Prayer is. I leave my laundry basket in the Laundry Room because I don't want it in my bedroom, even though my Mom has repeatedly asked me multiple times to leave it in my bedroom. She's been asking and I'm not giving my all by complying to a simple request. (I even lied about forgetting it down there (manipulating the situation for my own gain)

These are just some of things that came to my head just now. I'm going to spend more time thinking about it and watching out for these actions on my part and do something about it. Even though some of them seemed small and no big deal to me at the time, they really are adding up now that I think about it. This really shows a lack of commitment and tendency towards laziness, which has been a common trait for me all my life.

It can be helpful to recapitulate as you describe, but important that this is done for the purpose of 'taking stock', perhaps receiving some shocks from seeing the state of oneself, then transmuting the energy of those shocks and learning from it, rather than as an exercise in 'beating oneself up' and feeling sorry for oneself (I hope that distinction makes sense - the latter is more to do with indulging).

Gurdjieff said something along the lines of: to start with, it is not a matter of results (because man in his current state is incapable of producing any meaningful results), but a matter of sincere effort (I think that was the sense of it, if I misinterpreted that, hopefully someone will correct me). If we work sincerely on ourselves we can have in mind the purpose to 'grow' so that we become more able to give whatever is asked of us.

A: We have spoken before about the necessity for energy to be balanced. It is correct for you to make this program available according to the individual ability to compensate. But all must remember that it is STO to GIVE [planchette circles board] ALL to those who ask. You have given all REPEATEDLY and many still do not understand the value nor do they compensatorily give in return. Those who have difficulties with the program may find that they are not giving "all". And that does not always mean money either. It can also mean commitment.
When I read the word ''commitment'' the word ''faith'' came in mind as well. I think that having faith in the program is somehow important.

From the Wave (Sufi Path of Knowledge) there is this:

Knowledge is a divine attribute of all-encompassingness, so it is the most excellent bounty of God. ...For man, the seeker of knowledge, the acquisition of knowledge is endless, since the objects of knowledge are endless. This is the secret of man's felicity. Knowledge, the greatest good, is also the greatest joy and the greatest pleasure. The never-ending trajectory of man's life in the next world has to be explained in terms of his constant growth in knowledge.

For the felicitous, this knowledge is totally congruent and harmonious with their own souls, which have been shaped in this world throught faith and practice, and hence every increase in knowledge is an increase in felicity. For the wretched, knowledge of things as they actually are is a searing torture, since it contradicts their beliefs and practices in this world. Every new knowledge - every new self-discosure, recognized now for what it is - is a new misery.

And this (The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna):

In order to tell the difference between noble and base in what concerns ultimate felicity, human beings have need of Perspicacity.

Perspicacity is a divine light which God gives to the person of faith in the eye of his insight, just like the light which belongs to the eye of sight. When a person has this perspicacity, its mark is like the light of the sun through which sensory objects appear to sight. When the light of the sun is unveiled, sight differentiates among the sensory objects. It discerns the large from the small, the beautiful from the ugly, the white from the black, red, yellow, the moving from the still, the far from the near, and the high from the low. In the same way, the light of perspicacity through faith discerns the praiseworthy from the blameworthy; the movements of felicity pertaining to the next abode and the movements of wretchedness.

Some of the possessors of perspicacity have reached a point where, upon seeing a person's footprint in the ground - though the person himself is not present - they are able to say that he is a felicitous person or a wretched person. This is similar to what is done by a tracker who follows footprints.

The Light of Perspicacity comes directly from God, from the source, so to speak. That is why it is able to see not only the praiseworthy but the blameworthy as well.

In other words, the light of perspicacity IS the ability to SEE OBJECTIVELY.

And the C's themselves:

Q: Well, I guess that all of us tend to keep one or another area sacrosanct and think that it is not subject to attack, or that we can use logic and 3rd density thinking to explain it or "fix it." Until a person realizes that attack can come through even one's self, wives and husbands, children and parents, friends, virtually ANYBODY - NOBODY is exempt.

A: The block is a lack of faith in the concept. Remember, when one has been indoctrinated by religion, culture and/or science, they are predisposed to view all things in the sense of the measureable physical reality exclusively. Humans need to be cured of their lack of faith in the reality of non-physical attack.

and:

Q: (L) Last week, the remark was made, regarding spirit release and exorcism, that if it is done properly, by the right person, that there are no side effects or eventualities that would bring detrimental conditions to the individuals and location involved. What was meant by "done correctly?" What is the correct format or mode for exorcism?

A: Correct manner involves honesty and understanding that one has complete faith and awareness of the activities pursued. In other words, when one performs an act which they proclaim to be having a desired result, and they do not have faith in their own actions as, in fact, producing the desired result, then the effort will collapse because of their lack of faith. Whereas when one has complete faith and multi-density understanding, their activities are indeed truth and useful as prescribed and this is the correct way to pursue them.

Q: (L) Isn't faith a difficult commodity to acquire?

A: Not at all. When you have found something of truth you will receive demonstrations which locks in your faith.

There is some more on faith, but just fwiw.

A very interesting session indeed!!

I think we've all been given a BIG wake up call from the C's. I took a very humbling message from this last session, together with a kick up the backside, it's the first time I've picked up the C's becoming a little frustrated.

Having been given so much we contribute so little. Until we all REALLY understand what we are trying to do we will forever be lost
(L) If you wanna change, you have to change. (Ark) And don't be scared that you will collapse and you will be nothing, you see?
If creating a simple disciplined effort scares us too much, what we are doing is pointless. Maybe one of the messages is that time is running out and unless we REALLY focus on making REAL change our potential as a group is extremely limited. We seem to think or wish that just by reading SOTT and occasionally doing our breathing and meditating exercises we can become cleansed and pure of heart. We cannot create a unified consciousness without a unified effort, I think by changing ourselves, one person at a time, we change the dynamics of creating a changed consciousness. Our future is indeed open, but only if WE CHANGE and not sit back and let someone else do the work.

Anyone who has associated with the SOTT site and read some of Laura's books, knows - or should - the incredible, and I mean INCREDIBLE, effort Laura and the SOTT team have put in to get us to this point. Are we really going to sit idly by and help only when we can be bothered, do we really just sit behind our computers and receive such incredible gifts of knowledge from Laura and treat these gifts with indifference and think we should give nothing or little in return. We have just been given a CROSSROADS warning, I used to feel intimidated by Laura's, Ark and the SOTT team's knowledge. I didn't think I would be able to make any worthwhile contribution to a group of people with such profound knowledge and understanding. But I think I understand more now, this latest session left me with our call to action, this is NOW OUR TIME to help, to give back, to halt for just one second the destructive program of selfishness (and believe me I know this program!!!). We've been asked to lose the trivial noise and casual attitude to applying the lessons given, for all of us that have felt impotent and too scared to contribute in some way it's time to find that courage and make a meaningful contribution. It's not as if we're being asked to go through what Laura and the SOTT team have been through already, just making one commitment a day, every day is a start, just become one more pair of "butterflies wings". If we don't want to do this, then what is the alternative???!!!
Clear my eyes that I may see, clear my ears that I may hear
time to really understand these two lines!!!

For the first time in my life I have come across a group of people who ask nothing of me, who demand nothing, who act as nothing but a guiding light. I have been asked to consider fields of knowledge I never previously thought about, constantly been asked to look inside myself and evaluate all my "sacred cows". Just simply been shown a path to something better, but the choice is mine and mine alone as to how far down that path I travel. I hold some very deep wounds, have climbed out from some very deep holes, yet I still slip and fall. Personally I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired about events on the big blue marble, but I can't change the world, I can't make the psychopaths disappear, I can't do any of these things but I can change ME, one decision at a time, one act at a time one thought at a time one prayer at a time. Whatever may happen over the next few years, it's time to dedicate it to being further up the knowledge tree than I am now, time to set the foundations of real knowledge and let that take me where it takes me, I know what the alternative is and that's not where I want to go.

Laura and the SOTT team, heartfelt thanks for everything you give, humblest apologies for not giving back in kind. "All there is is lessons" just learnt another one.

Laura, Ark and the SOTT team - thank you very much for posting this session and for all the tremendous work and effort you have put in in all these years. I have only been part of this forum for less than two years, but I feel that I have learned more in this time than in all those years in my life before.

How does one change ... a good question indeed.

Many years ago I did a few years of psychotherapy. I was angry, depressed, frustrated and blamed everyone else than me for my lot. In the psychotherapy sessions we explored my past, reasons and motivations in actions etc. I thought that I got a pretty good picture about some of my internal working - but still nothing changed. I somehow had the idea, that the therapist was going to do something with me, that would change me over time. And nothing happened ...

Until one day I realized, that no-one was going to change me. That change was going to come from myself. That to change, you don't need years of psychotherapy and pats of your back. It is helpful to understand your inner workings, but that's not going to change yourself. It might help you to make the decision. But once that decision is taken, there is only one way - Just do it! Otherwise (as in my case you can do therapy, gather all the knowledge of the world, it's not going to work).

I am not sure that I have been able to make myself understood. I have mulled over this question for many years. Once you understand what you have to change, the only thing that you have to do is change direction, change the road on which you are travelling. It's easy and it's difficult at the same time.

And I think that applies to "giving all to those who ask" as well. I always feel, that I could give more of myself, more wholeheartedly. I somehow still hold back, not trusting my instinct (which has failed me badly in the past while associated with another group). I completely resonate with Ark as well ... you have to take the chance that you might end up naked, that your body might implode - but it won't. But just before you are making the jump into the unknown, it feels like you are going to die, life is going to end, and you do this jump with serenity: whatever will come, will come.

I hope that this post makes any sense - thanks again for your effort and your support!

nicklebleu said:
Until one day I realized, that no-one was going to change me. That change was going to come from myself. That to change, you don't need years of psychotherapy and pats of your back. It is helpful to understand your inner workings, but that's not going to change yourself. It might help you to make the decision. But once that decision is taken, there is only one way - Just do it! Otherwise (as in my case you can do therapy, gather all the knowledge of the world, it's not going to work).

Consider a house built on bad foundations. The walls are bending and cracking, pipes are leaking, plaster is falling, beams are rotting. The owner could spend a lot of time and effort attempting to find out who the builders were that built the house, how much or how little they spent on the project, why they didn't put in a proper damp course, what was their motivaton for not building solid foundations and building the walls straight and true etc. While such efforts might be useful to understand the why, it is unlikely that all of those questions would never be answered in a full and satisfactory way. And the truth is, there isn't any need to have all those answers, because the problems right now are clearly discernible - the walls, the pipes, the plaster, the rotting beams. And the solution is also clearly discernible. Selective decontruction and reconstruction in a proper way. Much effort is likely needed, but it has to be done because if it is not, then the future is clear - a collapsed house.

I hope the analogy is clear, but just in case it isn't, YOU are the house, and it/you is your vehicle in which you must face an oncoming "storm" and the changes it will bring. The builders are your parents, peers, experiences etc in your formative years etc. The choice as whether or not to to make efforts at pulling down and rebuilding is yours to make.

Last edited:
The following two pieces seem to relate to what the Cs are up to of late.

28 Oct 1994

Q: (L) "Bringers of the Dawn" advised spinning, is this advisable for all of us?

A: Major yes.

Q: (L) How many times a day?

A: 3

Q: (L) How many times?

A: 33

Q: (L) Is it ok to do it in the pool?

A: Okay

Q: (L) Is the altar beneficial to have in one's house?

A: Okay.

Q: (L) Is that okay beneficial?

A: Be careful not to jump to conclusions.

Q: (L) What conclusions? That the altar is okay beneficial. Is it highly okay for us?

A: No.

Q: (L) Mediocre okay?

A: No. No. No.

Q: (L) What?

A: Laura has been hurt by jumping to Lizard inspired conclusions.

Q: (L) So the altar is useless?

A: No. Just be careful remember metaphysical church group.

Q: (L) Is it a matter of misguided alliances?

A: Has been frequent problem.

Q: (L) Should I dismantle the altar?

A: Altar is okay but other things are not okay like silly rituals.

Q: (L) Is V__'s altar okay?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Okay, during the period of time I was getting the hassle from the metaphysical church group, my pool was green. Was this symbolic of the attack I was under?

A: Yes but you left yourself open by association and buying too many concepts without careful examination.

Q: (L) Do you mean that, if, at that time, I had refused to acknowledge that any harm could come to me, that that would have made it impossible for any harm?

A: Close. But investigate before buying and practicing in future okay?

Q: (L) Investigate what? Ideas?

A: Yes. And concepts and especially practices

Q: (L) The ideas of candle burning, salt, sage, shamanistic rituals and so forth? Is all this useless?

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) Is sage not useful?

A: You are learning; remember when we say "good no ritual"?

Q: (L) In other words, your knowledge and your strength which comes from your knowledge and knowing is the point and the protection?

A: Precisely. This is extremely important.

Q: (L) Alexandra David Neel quoted a lama who said we must beware of the children of our own minds as well as the children of the minds of others, such as thought forms perhaps created by higher negative beings. If we do not acknowledge that such things exist, are we then subject to being devoured by them?

A: Ritual drains directly to Lizard beings.

Q: (L) Even our saying of the Lord's prayer?

A: It is okay to pray. Why do you think organized religion is obsessed with rituals?

Q: (L) Is the same thing true of shamanistic practices and so forth?

A: Exactly.

Q: (L) What occurred to make my pool clear up?

A: You restored your own energy.

Q: (L) And it had nothing to do with rituals?

A: Correct. In spite of rituals but you were lucky could have gone the other way.

Q: (L) What prevented this from happening?

A: Divine intervention. [energy surge]

Q: (L) Well, my life seems to have been full of incidents of Divine intervention. Is this true?

Q: (L) What is the purpose of this intervention?

A: To preserve and prepare you for work.

Q: (L) What is this work?

A: You are extremely valuable to all on your planet.

Q: (L) What particular value? Is this common to all people?

A: No

Q: (L) Is this something meaningful? What is the mission?

A: Faith in your opening channel; you will learn as you go. We cannot tell you all at once.

Q: (L) Since the energy is high at this time, we would like to know if you have anything to give in the form of a teaching?

A: Not ready for that yet; establish clear channel and forum first; one step at a time.

Q: (L) What is the forum?

A: What do you think?

Q: (L) Do you mean that we need to bring more people into this work?

A: Close.

Q: (L) We need to create a forum.

A: Yes. A direction will open if you persevere.

Q: (L) So things will be brought to us and happen for us if we just persevere?

A: Soon expect big opportunity.

Q: (L) I assume that we are not to ask what it is, we are to have faith, is that correct?

A: Yes. Danger you may misinterpret opportunity.

Q: (L) Should we all three be able to realize in congruence whether the opportunity is good?

A: Varying degrees.

Q: (L) If there is a danger we may misinterpret the opportunity, could you give us a couple of clues so that when it occurs we won't miss it?

A: At least one of you will have instant recognition but others may not. Wait and see.

22 June 1996

Q: (V) A few weeks ago several of us began to suffer from internal heat, insomnia, and other things. What was this?

A: Image. Deep conjunction of fibrous linkage in DNA structure.

Q: (V) Well, I want to know if it is in my mind that I get so hot, or does my body temperature actually elevate?

A: Only on 4th.

Q: (V) I don't understand.

A: Bleedthrough, get used to those!

Q: (L) Does this mean we are actually experiencing a bleedthrough of 4th density?

A: Image.

Q: (V) Are the little flashes of light I see also a manifestation of this?

A: Maybe so, but try to concentrate on the ethereal significance, rather than the physical.

Q: (L) When you say "deep conjunction of fibrous linkage," does this mean that we are conjoining with a linkage to a 4th density body that is growing, developing?

A: Slowly, but surely. Now, get ready for a message: We have told you before that the upcoming "changes" relate to the spiritual and awareness factors rather than the much publicized physical. Symbolism is always a necessary tool in teaching. But, the trick is to read the hidden lessons represented by the symbology, not to get hung up on the literal meanings of the symbols!

Q: (L) You say that the symbology has to do with hidden meanings. The symbology that you used was "image" and "deep fibrous linkage" of DNA. Now, is that a physical, symbolic image?

Q: (L) What is your definition of "image?" We have many.

A: Learning is fun, Laura, as you have repeatedly found!

Q: (L) Well, I am so hot now that I really want to know! And, how come I am always the one who gets assigned the job of figuring everything out?

A: Because you have asked for the "power" to figure out the most important issues in all of reality. And, we have been assisting you in your empowerment.

3D Student said:
This quote was interesting:

Laura said:
A: Partly. Repeated exposure to frequency resonance can generate shifts if there is sincere desire. Also, a series of videos that signal soul replication can help those who are sincerely asking.

I took that as Laura's soul replicating in the videos. That sounds pretty cool and reminds me of what the C's said Jesus does when people pray.

That's an interesting idea. It is also interesting that, if there is some truth to it, how relatively "mundane" the practical application is. Consider the average reaction to that part of the transcripts where the Cs said that Jebus' soul "divides endlessly as a projection of consciousness." when people pray to him. To me anyway, that sounded pretty far out and very lofty, spiritually speaking, when I read it. But maybe such things can be done here in lowly 3D. And we have an idea here of how it MAY be possible, through plain old video lectures. Of course, the lectures will be anything but mundane! But still, it is, on one level, just the spoken word over video.

Evolutionary1 said:
On another note, for about as long as I can remember, and even more so lately, I've craved--and noticed a significant lack of opportunities for--meaningful and intellectual exchanges and philosophical discussions despite having relationships that are fulfilling in other ways. This has become more significant since being introduced to the Cassie material. Well, I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, buy yesterday after meditating with the "Soul" seed, I thought it might be great if there were a way to meet up with local members of this network in the flesh once or twice a month (I live in Austin, Texas ), perhaps on "Moon-days" to do the breathing program together, and afterward discuss and explore the info on the QFG site, personal insights and issues, as well as the Work. I am just now reading ISOTM and would like to re-read the Wave Series soon, and think it would be helpful to discuss them in depth in a group setting after or while reading.
Eventually, I would look forward "attending" and discussing Laura's video lectures as a group, too!

I want to be clear that I am not in any way suggesting local groups as a replacement for networking via the web or individual work and effort, but as an extension of it. I realize there are some potential issues associated with individual, localized networks. I even considered that this "great idea" might be inspired by my ego's (or even the Lizzie's) desire to "reinvent the wheel" or separate and set myself apart from the group in a ploy for personal power and prestige. However, when I read this, I figured I might as well throw it out there:

August 15 said:
A: How much of this could be learned at a distance?

Q: (Joe) None. (C**) Almost nothing. (A***) It's the interaction. (G***) We've discussed about this... (Joe) You need direct experiences. (Allen) One huge different between this house and anywhere else in the world is you're here in non-hierarchical relationships that, outside, no matter how benevolent they are, no matter how altruistic they are, you still have that same sort of hierarchy outside that doesn't exist here. (Joe) A good question, another way to ask that, is how much could you teach a child by having them sit at a computer and you instruct them via the computer? Because that's what we're dealing with in ourselves...

Hi Evolutionary1,

Note the C's response to the above session excerpt: "There is more to it than just that."

As I understand it, the absolute best thing that we can all be doing right now is breathing, working on ridding ourselves of our "junk", and learning to give so that we can learn to receive.

Maybe we can look at it like this: We're all going to be learning calculus, except we don't yet know what algebra is. So, first we learn algebra. We could say, "Hey, let's get together and talk about calculus," which might be fun - but we wouldn't even be able to talk about algebra yet, much less calculus!

Believe me, I can relate to your enthusiasm, and I certainly don't think it's a bad thing. What is happening now is pretty exciting, all things considered!

I think we just need to take things one step at a time.

Having said all that, I do suspect there will be a time for gathering together somehow in a way that is "closer" than we all are now, but we won't be ready for the test until we do our homework! ;)

Also, see Laura's post on the subject of conferences:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=217.msg97442#msg97442

This session is a good slap in the face, really. Some of us (I don't judge nobody, I mostly talk about myself) have been in the dark, only receiving, only taking, with no feedback. Searching for "sensation" is a wrong way as discussed in the Wave (and in the introductory of the SHOTW). What we are looking for in this forum for years now is "BEing", is "Growing in knowledge", and there is no free lunch. If we expect receiving without giving, that's an STS mode of operation. In the prayer of the soul we have "Be my daily bread AS I GIVE bread to others" and it tells all IMHO.
Good reminder and a deep deep deep shame (talking only for my miserable self this time). But it is better to know that one is wrong rather then continue stupidly to believe everything is OK, no?

edit : corrected 'STS mode'

More help is on the way!! You and Your Team are absolutely amazing Laura!! :D Thanks Again.

Oxajil said:
When I read the word ''commitment'' the word ''faith'' came in mind as well. I think that having faith in the program is somehow important.

Q: (L) Last week, the remark was made, regarding spirit release and exorcism, that if it is done properly, by the right person, that there are no side effects or eventualities that would bring detrimental conditions to the individuals and location involved. What was meant by "done correctly?" What is the correct format or mode for exorcism?

A: Correct manner involves honesty and understanding that one has complete faith and awareness of the activities pursued. In other words, when one performs an act which they proclaim to be having a desired result, and they do not have faith in their own actions as, in fact, producing the desired result, then the effort will collapse because of their lack of faith. Whereas when one has complete faith and multi-density understanding, their activities are indeed truth and useful as prescribed and this is the correct way to pursue them.

Q: (L) Isn't faith a difficult commodity to acquire?

A: Not at all. When you have found something of truth you will receive demonstrations which locks in your faith.

There is some more on faith, but just fwiw.

Thanks for this post on faith, Oxagil, it really clicked for me. I have always struggled with a lack of faith--raised an atheist and later officially chose "Team Linear/Logic" over "Team Feeling/Intuition." Luckily, logic helped me find quantum physics, then metaphysics, which led me to embrace my spirit and emotions, and later the whole "Create Your Own Reality" concept which, for a brief foggy period, I totally bought into for various reasons, almost losing myself. After noticing an unresolved conflict between trying to "create" a new reality by superimposing it over what "is" based on one's limited perspective that the present reality is bad or wrong, and also noticing a lack of growth or change, and a deterioration in my ability to think critically, I realized that most of it was BS. After breaking loose I became depressed and that pain led me to Laura's work in pursuit of true knowledge (objective knowledge). After being set right by Laura and the C's, I saw a lot of my wishful-thinking/STS patterns but no longer had faith in my interaction with the Universe after being so thoroughly fooled before.

Your post has inspired me to trust that there is a connection between me and the rest of creation, that the way I think and act and what I believe in [/i]does influence my experiences and those of others--something I've believed for a while, but only theoretically--just not in the CYOR sense. I can even see how that "brief foggy period" helped me to at least consider and experience faith in something, and I do not regret it . Now I have something real to have faith in and that is only one of the greatest benefits I have received from Laura's efforts.

Laura, I certainly owe you more than gratitude. But thank you.

Perceval said:
But maybe such things can be done here in lowly 3D. And we have an idea here of how it MAY be possible, through plain old video lectures. Of course, the lectures will be anything but mundane! But still, it is, on one level, just the spoken word over video.

Yeah the C's seemed to be hinting that something "more" can be transferred through the video. Maybe souls can easily do more than what we think. This kind of reminds me of supposedly some Middle Eastern people not liking their pictures taken because it captures some of their soul.

mkrnhr said:
If we expect receiving without giving, that's an STO mode of operation. In the prayer of the soul we have "Be my daily bread AS I GIVE bread to others" and it tells all IMHO.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but did you mean it's an STS mode of operation?

3D Student said:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but did you mean it's an STS mode of operation?
Yes, you are right, I meant STS mode of operation, I'll edit it now. Thanks.

Mr. Scott said:
Evolutionary1 said:
On another note, for about as long as I can remember, and even more so lately, I've craved--and noticed a significant lack of opportunities for--meaningful and intellectual exchanges and philosophical discussions despite having relationships that are fulfilling in other ways. This has become more significant since being introduced to the Cassie material. Well, I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, buy yesterday after meditating with the "Soul" seed, I thought it might be great if there were a way to meet up with local members of this network in the flesh once or twice a month (I live in Austin, Texas ), perhaps on "Moon-days" to do the breathing program together, and afterward discuss and explore the info on the QFG site, personal insights and issues, as well as the Work. I am just now reading ISOTM and would like to re-read the Wave Series soon, and think it would be helpful to discuss them in depth in a group setting after or while reading.
Eventually, I would look forward "attending" and discussing Laura's video lectures as a group, too!

I want to be clear that I am not in any way suggesting local groups as a replacement for networking via the web or individual work and effort, but as an extension of it. I realize there are some potential issues associated with individual, localized networks. I even considered that this "great idea" might be inspired by my ego's (or even the Lizzie's) desire to "reinvent the wheel" or separate and set myself apart from the group in a ploy for personal power and prestige. However, when I read this, I figured I might as well throw it out there:

August 15 said:

Q: (Joe) None. (C**) Almost nothing. (A***) It's the interaction. (G***) We've discussed about this... (Joe) You need direct experiences. (Allen) One huge different between this house and anywhere else in the world is you're here in non-hierarchical relationships that, outside, no matter how benevolent they are, no matter how altruistic they are, you still have that same sort of hierarchy outside that doesn't exist here. (Joe) A good question, another way to ask that, is how much could you teach a child by having them sit at a computer and you instruct them via the computer? Because that's what we're dealing with in ourselves...

Hi Evolutionary1,

Note the C's response to the above session excerpt: "There is more to it than just that."

As I understand it, the absolute best thing that we can all be doing right now is breathing, working on ridding ourselves of our "junk", and learning to give so that we can learn to receive.

Maybe we can look at it like this: We're all going to be learning calculus, except we don't yet know what algebra is. So, first we learn algebra. We could say, "Hey, let's get together and talk about calculus," which might be fun - but we wouldn't even be able to talk about algebra yet, much less calculus!

Believe me, I can relate to your enthusiasm, and I certainly don't think it's a bad thing. What is happening now is pretty exciting, all things considered!

I think we just need to take things one step at a time.

Having said all that, I do suspect there will be a time for gathering together somehow in a way that is "closer" than we all are now, but we won't be ready for the test until we do our homework! ;)

Also, see Laura's post on the subject of conferences:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=217.msg97442#msg97442

Thanks. I checked out the link and realize I should be exploring the entire forum more thoroughly. Also, I am very aware of the complexity of meet-ups and certainly don't want to do anything prematurely at the expense of building a solid foundation. I do see that gathering will eventually be necessary and inevitable, and I am terribly agitated with excitement and the urge for the organic and flowing communication available through good old-fashioned conversation with like-minded people! I almost feel like I am stranded alone on an island and have recently discovered that there are other islands nearby with real live people and I wanna jump right into the water and swim out to find them--but I can't even swim yet. Seriously, I really can't swim :lol:

And that. of course, is your point. Duly noted. I look forward to uniting, guys. Until then, I'll work from where I am.

Thank you Lara and Team! :)

A: There is more to it than just that: there is the matter of frequency once again. Think of the individuals who have had the same opportunities and yet have learned little or nothing? Why do you suppose that is?

Q: (Allen) I guess they're talking about people who used to live in the house. (L) Well, it's like we were talking earlier today about H**** and the thing about his music. Ya know, he had so many opportunities to learn about external considering here, and it was brought to his attention again and again, and yet he continues to repeat the same patterns over and over again. And I*** was here, and we - over and over again - tried to show her how her emotions run her whole life, and yet again, she's falling into the same trap. So, why do you suppose that is? (PL) Does it mean that if you're not on the same frequency, even if there are many teachings, you do not have the capacity to receive it?

A: That is partly the answer.

Q: (A***l) Can I take a stab at something? How do we help them change their frequency?

A: They must first learn to give when asked.

In fact, this is another 'external shock' for me to think seriously about moving to Europa (adding to what I posted before the session!). And this time, the 'home work' is indicated. ;)

A: Yes. Remember the "widow's mite".

Q: (Joe) The Widow's Mite? (L) It's a story in the bible. It's a small amount. Ya know, the rich man who gave a lot and thought he would buy salvation, and then the poor widow who gave a little bit but it was all she had - she gave all. So the principle is giving all, but not necessarily in the sense of money. Is that what we're getting at here?

A: Yes

I think this is what I need to 'commit' to, the principle of STO - "give all when asked".

Back
Top Bottom