Session 15 August 2009

Thank you Laura and the C's, you have convinced me to commit to carry out my recent thoughts on what to do next - career-wise, and that is to change - to a situation where I spend more time reading, doing research, clearing my vessel and contributing to the forum, rather than as now, just having time to read/catch up with new postings and doing the breathing meditation daily, only.

Thank you all, catching up on this thread has been quite the ride. Many thoughts about commitment and what does it actually mean to me. Seems I have been riding the fence with my whole process of self discovery and especially when it comes to working on my diet. Thank you Art for you comments.

Always been aware of compensation. The turning of wheel so to speak. At the present time monetary compensation is difficult, but the story of the widow' mite has shined a light on that for me. It is important no matter the amount. So grateful for this work.

I was getting down on myself a few years back about not being in service to others and started volunteering at the local veterans administration. It was difficult because I was a sponge and absorbed so much of the sadness there and not much that I could do to help these veterans (self important "i" maybe). Then to realize a smile goes a long way and just my being there was helpful to those around me. So I stopped absorbing and started giving more smiles and a friendly "Hello how can I be of service to you?" Without really feeling the need any longer that I have fix these men and women. This is before my joining this forum. I have learned so much since then about service and free will and all that goes with it.

Thank you Laura , Art and SOTT team for your perseverance and continued work for the "ALL" I have climbed down the fence and looking at how I can stop lying to myself, using excuses and to be real even if it is only for moments..

Perceval said:
The following two pieces seem to relate to what the Cs are up to of late.

[/b]22 June 1996[/b]

Q: (V) A few weeks ago several of us began to suffer from internal heat, insomnia, and other things. What was this?

A: Image. Deep conjunction of fibrous linkage in DNA structure.

Q: (V) Well, I want to know if it is in my mind that I get so hot, or does my body temperature actually elevate?

A: Only on 4th.

Q: (V) I don't understand.

A: Bleedthrough, get used to those!

Q: (L) Does this mean we are actually experiencing a bleedthrough of 4th density?

A: Image.

Q: (V) Are the little flashes of light I see also a manifestation of this?

A: Maybe so, but try to concentrate on the ethereal significance, rather than the physical.

Q: (L) When you say "deep conjunction of fibrous linkage," does this mean that we are conjoining with a linkage to a 4th density body that is growing, developing?

A: Slowly, but surely. Now, get ready for a message: We have told you before that the upcoming "changes" relate to the spiritual and awareness factors rather than the much publicized physical. Symbolism is always a necessary tool in teaching. But, the trick is to read the hidden lessons represented by the symbology, not to get hung up on the literal meanings of the symbols!

Q: (L) You say that the symbology has to do with hidden meanings. The symbology that you used was "image" and "deep fibrous linkage" of DNA. Now, is that a physical, symbolic image?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) What is your definition of "image?" We have many.

A: Learning is fun, Laura, as you have repeatedly found!

Q: (L) Well, I am so hot now that I really want to know! And, how come I am always the one who gets assigned the job of figuring everything out?

A: Because you have asked for the "power" to figure out the most important issues in all of reality. And, we have been assisting you in your empowerment.

Talkl about timing! I have been experiencing heat lately, and just last night before bed I was doing the meditation and once again noticed that I become more aware and cannot drift from seed meditation to sleep. Well, last night, I was hot and could not sleep despite extreme tiredness from too little sleep the night before and ended up meditating for 3-4 hours. I experienced less of the usual swirling lights and more flashing lights and tiny "light structures" that seemed to be a series of triangles and reminded me of fractals. There was also very heavy almost magnetic pulsating in my throat, and heart and just as strongly in my hands, stronger than I've ever experienced in my hands even when doing massage and Reiki. I felt more pops and clicks and energy flow in general than I usually do. At one point, after realizing that I would never get to sleep with the prayer running through my mind, I began to contemplate the info in this transcript and what it really meant to give ALL and why that was necessary for reconnecting with each other, and I felt that for me, I had to decide to offer up my personality/ego as a tool and stop indulging it and treating it as "ruler of the mind," to give my temporary self over and then I could truly give all. That is what I remember before experiencing a surge of intense yet pleasant energy and saw golden-white light (my eyes were closed). This was the first and most intense of 3 such experiences last night.

I finally reached a state where I drifted in and out of consciousness after deciding to use only the line "Divine Cosmic Mind live in me today" as a seed phrase and focus on breathing to fall asleep. I would wake up with intense buzzing in my ears and head, a feeling of pressure and slight delirium. I also felt a bit of anxiety over the buzzing remembering a potential link between it and implants and intend to do a search on it later.

Anyway, this excerpt along with last night's experience made me think of something I've been wanting to bring up--though I wasn't sure about what I believed--I have been wanting to bring up the possible links between particular body parts and consciousness. But first, from Dictionary.com:

relevant definitions of "image," emphasis mine.

1. a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.
2. an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.
3. a mental representation; idea; conception.
4. a symbol; emblem.

I have a book, You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay that includes an interpretation of how beliefs/thoughts manifest physically based on their nature. Even since getting off the CYOR bandwagon, I have referenced this book as well as other sources in an attempt to understand the mind-body connection and feel that there is some relevance in this concept that is also supported by aspects of Eastern medicine and mysticism, and maybe the above post especially when combined with the common interpretation of how each chakra/energy center is connected a specific physical organ systems, major gland, and different aspects of being and how blockages manifest as physical symptoms. It even seems the chakras (at least the basic 7) corresponds well with the 7 densities of awareness. For instance the 7th chakra is usually said to govern Knowing, Being, Union.

Here is a link to a really good chart that may illustrate my point which is that some symptoms/feelings may be physical symbols of a more real spiritual reality and that where and how we experience them in our bodies may have some significance:

Hear is a website with a detailed chakra chart to reference

_http://www.chakraenergy.com/chart.html

Last night I experienced intense activity in my heart chakra which governs the lungs and the hands as well as the heart and what have I been most focused on lately? The concepts of giving and receiving and cleansing the heart to be able to do so. This leads me to the symbolic significance of the breath, the fact that the lungs constantly give and receive, give to receive. I also notice that a major role of the hands are to give and receive.

In You can Heal Your Life, teeth or teeth issues symbolize decision-making, committing, "chewing over things," and I have been plagued by one for about a week now along with headaches. And being a world-class procrastinator, I can see how blockages in this area of my life could be causing a reaction at this time when I (and many of you all, it seems) am confronted with the importance of doing something real, of being the change, RIGHT NOW. I also want to point out that the throat chakra governs the physical mouth/throat/teeth as well as healing, communication, and connection, which is another goal of the breathing and which is what I am actually attempting to do now at this very moment through this post even though "I don't feel like it" because my point--if there is one, is difficult to conveyand my tooth/jaw happens to have begun hurting again! I will persevere, and I hope I'm doing a decent job of it :)

Perhaps my toothache is a symptom of my tendency to drag my feet or sit on the fence being brought to the surface, perhaps it is means changes are manifesting and the "holy awareness" in my teeth are trying to bring my awareness to this pattern :D, perhaps it is the predator in me trying to stop me from cutting off it's food supply by distracting me with pain or faulty ideas. Perhaps it's just a toothache, perhaps it's all of the above. I'm not sure, but I think it's something worth considering.

I was also reminded of the constant throat-clearing experienced by many with the meditation in the beginning. I read that blockages in the throat chakra can manifest not only through toothaches but in throat activity--I've noticed a lot more coughing, myself, lately. What if that is not resistance but a physical symbol of clearing the lines of communication, of changing, of healing our connections one post, one meditation, one breath at a time?

It would seem that where and how the energy is felt may symbolize where blockages are or where work is occurring in the body and soul at any given time. I don't know that there is anything useful to be done with this information if there is some truth to it accept to use it as a tool to bring awareness to the healing process as a way to simultaneously build knowledge and understanding of ourselves so that we can later expand beyond that.

Any opinions?

Regarding Percival's analogy of the house. It is very valuable to see how a house can be properly built. And I am very thankful, and inspired to see that it can be done. I have wasted a lot of time trying to make improvements in my house, with its rotten floors, convincing myself I had to live in it.
The spinning reminds me of how Dorothy's house spun in the Wizard of Oz. When I was younger I was always active, running around the house, and just spontaneously spinning as many children do.
As I became older I became convinced that there was something wrong with me, and rotten (and my house would reflect this)--and that I had to make improvements to correct this. Other people would say, "look at my house, its so much nicer than yours." And even if it wasn't-- I lacked the sufficient discernment to understand the boundary between their house and mine. So I lied about the condition of my house--and whatever improvements I made were ritualistic, and not really giving. And I couldn't invite anyone over because then they'd discover the truth.
I hope I haven't offended anybody with my posts(no pun intended). I know my house is rotten and I am rebuilding. First because I've got to, and second because it is a lot more rewarding. So thankyou--reading the transcripts and people's responses has been extremely rewarding and educational.

For myself, the tearing down of my house relates to increasing my understanding and investigation/knowledge about "ponerology" and pychopathology and basically all the lies that are being passed off as reality.

Evolutionary1 said:
In You can Heal Your Life, teeth or teeth issues symbolize decision-making, committing, "chewing over things," and I have been plagued by one for about a week now along with headaches. And being a world-class procrastinator, I can see how blockages in this area of my life could be causing a reaction at this time when I (and many of you all, it seems) am confronted with the importance of doing something real, of being the change, RIGHT NOW. I also want to point out that the throat chakra governs the physical mouth/throat/teeth as well as healing, communication, and connection, which is another goal of the breathing and which is what I am actually attempting to do now at this very moment through this post even though "I don't feel like it" because my point--if there is one, is difficult to conveyand my tooth/jaw happens to have begun hurting again! I will persevere, and I hope I'm doing a decent job of it Smiley

Perhaps my toothache is a symptom of my tendency to drag my feet or sit on the fence being brought to the surface, perhaps it is means changes are manifesting and the "holy awareness" in my teeth are trying to bring my awareness to this pattern :D, perhaps it is the predator in me trying to stop me from cutting off it's food supply by distracting me with pain or faulty ideas. Perhaps it's just a toothache, perhaps it's all of the above. I'm not sure, but I think it's something worth considering.

I've read Louise Hay's book and it seems to make sense in an intuitive sort of way once you get through the fluff. The teeth she mentions as you say decisions and problems are indecisiveness and the inability to break down ideas for analysis and decisions. It's interesting as the word decision comes from the latin word decidere (to cut). This is true for the incisors but the back teeth more chew.... so perhaps you have having pain chewing over something? Breaking down that daily bread?

The resistance to work can be very strong, I'm not sure if it's in ISOTM or Gnosis but it mentions that when effort is made, there are forces that come back rather strongly to put you back to sleep. Once you do take a moment to stop that momentum of automatism, life does change.

Evolutionary1 said:
I was also reminded of the constant throat-clearing experienced by many with the meditation in the beginning. I read that blockages in the throat chakra can manifest not only through toothaches but in throat activity--I've noticed a lot more coughing, myself, lately. What if that is not resistance but a physical symbol of clearing the lines of communication, of changing, of healing our connections one post, one meditation, one breath at a time?

The C's have attributed the throat chakra to matching the negative intellectual centre. So perhaps it could be a clearing of those negative thoughts. I always seem to get an itchy nose, Hay attributes this to self recognition.....I still don't know who I am. :huh:

Evolutionary1 said:
It would seem that where and how the energy is felt may symbolize where blockages are or where work is occurring in the body and soul at any given time. I don't know that there is anything useful to be done with this information if there is some truth to it accept to use it as a tool to bring awareness to the healing process as a way to simultaneously build knowledge and understanding of ourselves so that we can later expand beyond that.

Any opinions?

Yes, it's a hard one to pinpoint objectively per individual although the collective experience seems to be remarkably similar in certain cases. There's been multiple reports of zoning out, tingling feet and hands, clearing the throat etc., depending on what each individual requires.

Edit: Fix quotes....again.

Thanks for this session it was incredibly powerful and insightful. I had a very positive feeling when the topic of doing videos was brought up as it makes perfect sense. But I would like to inquire what methods are being planned to bring these videos about?

While reading this particular part of the session I had an idea, that I'd just like to throw out there:
Q: (L) Well, I... What would I say?? (Joe) “In the beginning was the word?” And the word was delivered one letter at a time! (laughter)

A: You just sit in front of the camera and do what you do best: connect the dots. And know that, as always, your connection to your higher self in the future will assist your explosive insights.

Q: (Ark) I think what would be useful is to have like an exposition of a coherent system. Because people know a part from here, a part from there, a little bit about STO, a little bit about this and that...It all needs to be put together.

A: All that will be a part of the series that we have planned.

In particular, that which is in bold (my emphasis) I had the idea that aside from just individual videos being produced, what if there was a way to make them more interactive with the community?

For example: Live webinars.

Laura sits in front of a camera, and members of the forum join in to watch and listen. This automatically brought to mind how in the old days, using gurdjieff as an example, he would organize "discussions" and he would speak to the people and they would inquire whenever it was necessary to do so. Except now, technology has grown and expanded, creating a greater opportunity to reach out to a broader scope of people.

nomad said:
It can be helpful to recapitulate as you describe, but important that this is done for the purpose of 'taking stock', perhaps receiving some shocks from seeing the state of oneself, then transmuting the energy of those shocks and learning from it, rather than as an exercise in 'beating oneself up' and feeling sorry for oneself (I hope that distinction makes sense - the latter is more to do with indulging).

Thank you, yes, it makes perfect sense. and thankfully got out of that whole beating myself up phase of it rather quickly and focused more on what areas I can improve upon, by looking into recent memory to find what areas I've been lacking in, either in commitment, effort, or laziness.

Nomad said:
Gurdjieff said something along the lines of: to start with, it is not a matter of results (because man in his current state is incapable of producing any meaningful results), but a matter of sincere effort (I think that was the sense of it, if I misinterpreted that, hopefully someone will correct me). If we work sincerely on ourselves we can have in mind the purpose to 'grow' so that we become more able to give whatever is asked of us

I definitely do need to put more sincere effort into the Work, The breathing Exercises and contributing as a whole.

Q: (L) Okay. Well, we have people working on this breathing and meditation program, and some people are having some unusual experiences physically, and other people are having extreme tiredness, and there's just really the whole gamut going on there. I guess there's really not a clear question about that because that's more or less what we expected: each person is in individual, and the way that they apply the program I guess depends on their level of knowledge...

A: It would be best if you could teach it directly. But under the circumstances with so many in such great need, and the system often restricting their funds and thus their ability to travel and compensate you for your time and energy, it is the best way so far. Some will find their creativity expanding and thus their ability to make more direct connections as a result of the practice!

Q: (L) Questions? (DD) Is the group still doing Monday and Thursday? (L) Mm-hmm. (Joe) Well, we're gonna make the program available for purchase as a set, in a nice package. That'll be an opportunity for people to - I know it's not just money, but it'll be an opportunity for people to at least give for receiving something, like directly.

A: Those individuals who still think that you can get something for nothing will find themselves blocked.

Q: (L) Well, what is the nature of this kind of thing? I mean, what do you mean "blocked"?

A: It can take 2 main forms: In the STO candidate, it can be blocked by the subconscious process that knows there is an imbalance. In the "others" it is simply that they are not on the correct frequency to receive. Remember "receivership capability" and also capacity.

It made me realize how often I'm not contributing back for what I gain. A lack of gratitude for what is given, on my part, and all the small ways in which I have been lacking in commitment, effort and discipline. As of late, I have been really tired, constantly having a lack of energy, and for the longest time trying to see where it's coming from, whether it's certain thought patterns or people draining me. But for the life of me couldn't find a definitive source (other than me constantly thinking about it, focusing on it) which I knew in itself is not condusive to any growth, and may be contributing to my low energy.

C's said:
The Service to Self involves the constriction and restriction of energies and the focusing within. The Service to Others orientation involves an outward flow of energies, the focus being from within to without ... When you constrict the flow, you constrict the channel. And when you constrict the channel, you close down possibilities, and make it difficult, if not impossible for you to see what is there ... but actually, it is your concentration on same that is restricting, not the situation itself.

atiil said:
If creating a simple disciplined effort scares us too much, what we are doing is pointless. Maybe one of the messages is that time is running out and unless we REALLY focus on making REAL change our potential as a group is extremely limited. We seem to think or wish that just by reading SOTT and occasionally doing our breathing and meditating exercises we can become cleansed and pure of heart. We cannot create a unified consciousness without a unified effort, I think by changing ourselves, one person at a time, we change the dynamics of creating a changed consciousness. Our future is indeed open, but only if WE CHANGE and not sit back and let someone else do the work.

I couldn't agree more atiil I really enjoyed reading your post. And like Yoda said "Try not. Do! Or do not. There is no Try."

Andrew said:
Thanks for this session it was incredibly powerful and insightful. I had a very positive feeling when the topic of doing videos was brought up as it makes perfect sense. But I would like to inquire what methods are being planned to bring these videos about?

While reading this particular part of the session I had an idea, that I'd just like to throw out there:
Q: (L) Well, I... What would I say?? (Joe) “In the beginning was the word?” And the word was delivered one letter at a time! (laughter)

A: You just sit in front of the camera and do what you do best: connect the dots. And know that, as always, your connection to your higher self in the future will assist your explosive insights.

Q: (Ark) I think what would be useful is to have like an exposition of a coherent system. Because people know a part from here, a part from there, a little bit about STO, a little bit about this and that...It all needs to be put together.

A: All that will be a part of the series that we have planned.

In particular, that which is in bold (my emphasis) I had the idea that aside from just individual videos being produced, what if there was a way to make them more interactive with the community?

Laura sits in front of a camera, and members of the forum join in to watch and listen. This automatically brought to mind how in the old days, using gurdjieff as an example, he would organize "discussions" and he would speak to the people and they would inquire whenever it was necessary to do so. Except now, technology has grown and expanded, creating a greater opportunity to reach out to a broader scope of people.

I think and I may be wrong, but at this stage I think such a thing would just create more imbalance. More and more people are seeking, I can see that just by more people showing up here on the forum. I think this however would create more work on Laura's part, more giving on Laura's part, more feeding by us. I think we need to start learning how to give back before we ask more from Laura and that does not even take into account what such a thing may open her up to psychically. More people need to move up the rungs, read read read, discuss, participate and get involved in pratical contribution also.

That does not make your suggestion a bad thing, I just think it is time for more of us to respond to Laura's asking rather than for us to ask more of her.

Xman said:
Andrew said:

I think and I may be wrong, but at this stage I think such a thing would just create more imbalance. More and more people are seeking, I can see that just by more people showing up here on the forum. I think this however would create more work on Laura's part, more giving on Laura's part, more feeding by us. I think we need to start learning how to give back before we ask more from Laura and that does not even take into account what such a thing may open her up to psychically. More people need to move up the rungs, read read read, discuss, participate and get involved in pratical contribution also.

That does not make your suggestion a bad thing, I just think it is time for more of us to respond to Laura's asking rather than for us to ask more of her.

Indeed, and that is an aim of this forum, to allow others a place in which they can put in their own energy, and so the learning can progress with many people contributing. It is a means for us to begin to address this gross imbalance of energy, to the extent that we are able. And if we do so, then maybe our ability to contribute will increase.

Thank you to Laura et al. This certainly has been a bit of a wake up call.
I thought I understood the giving aspect but hadn't grasped the idea of commitment/giving all exactly it seems.

Thanks for the re-post of the older session Nomad, I've also been experiencing extreme heat during the last few EE sessions, and during the days afterwards.

Evolutionary1 said:
At one point, after realizing that I would never get to sleep with the prayer running through my mind, I began to contemplate the info in this transcript and what it really meant to give ALL and why that was necessary for reconnecting with each other, and I felt that for me, I had to decide to offer up my personality/ego as a tool and stop indulging it and treating it as "ruler of the mind," to give my temporary self over and then I could truly give all.

I could be wrong but I think this may be a very important point you bring up.

Evolutionary1 said:
In You can Heal Your Life, teeth or teeth issues symbolize decision-making, committing, "chewing over things," and I have been plagued by one for about a week now along with headaches. And being a world-class procrastinator, I can see how blockages in this area of my life could be causing a reaction at this time when I (and many of you all, it seems) am confronted with the importance of doing something real, of being the change, RIGHT NOW. I also want to point out that the throat chakra governs the physical mouth/throat/teeth as well as healing, communication, and connection, which is another goal of the breathing and which is what I am actually attempting to do now at this very moment through this post even though "I don't feel like it" because my point--if there is one, is difficult to conveyand my tooth/jaw happens to have begun hurting again! I will persevere, and I hope I'm doing a decent job of it :)

I developed (noticed?) teeth problems (my last wisdom tooth is breaking through on the bottom right hand side, impacting my teeth and causing the enamel of 3/4 of them to crack) about a week after starting the program. I'd completely forgotten about looking the symptoms up in that book!
Until contemplating it now I hadn't realised that despite my efforts (?) I was still sat on the fence regarding all this.....that was quite a scary revelation. After about 15 minutes (and setting a deadline for the end of the week for a decision) I decided to commit to give all to this. Now I need to actually need to get on and Do it!
A decision is worth nothing if not acted upon.

*edited for spelling*
RedFox said:
Now I need to actually need to get on and Do it!
That was ment to say 'Now I need to actually get on and Do it!'

Nathancat7 said:
For myself, the tearing down of my house relates to increasing my understanding and investigation/knowledge about "ponerology" and pychopathology and basically all the lies that are being passed off as reality.

These are very important things to learn about, no doubt, and they do need to be dug into and learned.

But since it is your house that needs to be torn down and rebuilt (also known as your machine in Gurdjieff terminology), maybe reading the psychology books about narcissism and children of narcissists and how you have been programmed your whole life, and how to undo those programs, clean your machine so that the real you is in control and not those other personalities that you think is the real you, should be at the top of your list.

How many books on the recommended reading list have your read?

Other than In Search of the Miraculous by Ouspensky, the Gnosis books, I, II and III by Mouravieff and books written by Gurdjieff, there are some very important psychology books that need to be read that shows exactly how to clean our machines which is what Gurdjieff and Mouravieff talk about in their books. They are:

Myth of Sanity - Martha Stout
The Narcissistic Family - Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman and Robert M. Pressman
Trapped in the Mirror - Elan Golomb
Unholy Hungers - Barbara E. Hort
Drama of the Gifted Child - Alice Miller

By undoing the programming that you have been has been foisted on you from your family and society at large, you will be rebuilding the foundation of your house brick by brick, which then you can start on the floors and walls. ;)

If I have the list of books in the wrong order, or I am in error on any of these things, I am sure someone in the forum will correct me.

Good luck in cleaning your machine and getting started on rebuilding that foundation.

There were some recent changes in the recommended reading list:

Narcissism "Big Five":

Myth of Sanity - Martha Stout
The Narcissistic Family - Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman and Robert M. Pressman
Trapped in the Mirror - Elan Golomb
Unholy Hungers - Barbara E. Hort
In Sheep's Clothing - George K. Simon

Drama of the Gifted Child is listed under the 'Other Psychology' section.

RedFox said:
Until contemplating it now I hadn't realised that despite my efforts (?) I was still sat on the fence regarding all this.....that was quite a scary revelation. After about 15 minutes (and setting a deadline for the end of the week for a decision) I decided to commit to give all to this. Now I need to actually need to get on and Do it!
A decision is worth nothing if not acted upon.

There's a really good quote by Goethe (edit: well, partially attributed to him) which is worth repeating:

Goethe said:
Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.

Xman said:

No. I think you're probably right. Just wanted to share a thought I had had. :)

Back
Top Bottom