Session 18 July 2015

Esote

Jedi Council Member
Muxel said:
That is not the way I see it. What I see is that some people are born into better circumstances than others, and some worse off than others.
And I would not even know how "advancement" is measured.
There are many for whom life is a struggle and it is almost hubris if they were to think they could fight dragons.
That's true Muxel, AFAIK.
Suffering is most common, especially for the poorest, who may be very far from any "advancement", or so it seems.
And for those 'lucky' ones who are 'graduating', suffering and trials are more or less part of the process in this pathological world ('patho' comes from the Greek, meaning suffering)

Galaxia2002

Dagobah Resident
I think that I have just had an episode of "splitting reality" similar to ark's one. I have just read that the actor Gene Wild, famous for being the first actor who played the role of willy wonka died. I learned in facebook today but when I see that new I said to myself : but if he died many years ago!it is a joke? In fact I remembered when he died, I remembered people talking about that when they compared the new movie with the former one. It is not a vague memory is very strong! I swear!. I have no deja vu sensation, it is just that I remember when he died! I even remember that I researched some about its life bucause there is a lot of memes using his face on FB and I remember reading that he was died. :/

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Laura said:
(Ark) Did we really have as I think a reality split concerning differences in remembering of me seeing this girl who visited recently?

A: Yes

Q: (Galatea) So in one reality you did, but in one reality you didn't.

(Ark) So, the following question: Was this something unique, or we should expect more reality splits?

A: Expect more! Be aware and alert! Unify or some may be left behind!

Q: (Scottie) So maybe the splitting reality thing might also explain why I remembered the girl’s name as something completely different?

A: Yes

I stumbled upon the following story, that initially was recorded in 2009. The video is in Russian, but here's a short summary of the story. It seems like it has the basic elements of the reality split that was described above.

The story is about two sisters, one stayed at home to clean the house, another went to throw away the garbage in the garbage bucket. After throwing away the garbage the girl decided to go to her friend and left the bucket outside the house. After coming back with the friend she saw that the bucket was gone. Since they had many cases of theft, she thought the bucket was stolen. But when she entered the house her sister shouted at her that she left the bucket with the snow at the bottom in the middle of the kitchen, and now there is water on the floor there.

And then the sister that threw away the garbage "remembered" that indeed before going to her friend she put the bucket inside. But then, she also "remembered" the timeline where she left it outside and it was stolen. She had both memories in her mind, as if both happened.

https://youtu.be/s8d7QmCvR1k

Divide by Zero

The Living Force
Interesting stuff, but it's so hard to tell what is objective. When I read the C's talking about timeline splits, I am confused as to what deep down they mean. Perhaps a split happens by our own subjective mind and the C's are warning us to notice these things so we can "debug" our own brains tendency to "make stories" or self confirm memories?

A: Expect more! Be aware and alert! Unify or some may be left behind!

When I think of Unify, my bias is to think of unify our thoughts. How else can we unify these splits. It's not like we have the technology or a known way of seeing and choosing what happens on alternate timelines. Maybe a stoic view would best suit this. We could think that either the split is out there or in us, but the wrong thing would be to assume one over the other because both cases have a feedback loop!

Our own minds can rewrite what we remember. Take for example the "Mandela Effect" which has become popular, even the butt of memes and jokes out there.
At some point it became more focused on the spelling of the Berenstain Bears books.
So many people recall it spelled BerenstEin. But it's named after the authors with last name BerenstAin.

But when we look at the only thing that can be sure is that there was a bias there. In this case, I remember growing up reading some of those books in school and kids would make fun of the Bears, calling them Berenstein Jewish Bears.

Of course memory can and will fight for even lies if there is an emotional attachment to the result. Perhaps in the case of the Mandela/Berenstain "effect", people want to think that some god, etc would waste their time shifting the name of some book or date of death of a man.
Meanwhile, I could only see that while they are fighting over that memory, in front of our faces we have the corruption of politics, business, and society which doesn't really need a boogeyman behind the curtain to do.

I'm not trying to dismiss the unknown, but how can personal memory be relied upon, even in a group setting- as our minds have "mirror neurons" which make us want to agree with others observations.

I guess the only way to objectively see the case from the session would be to follow journals written before sharing the information, to see if the impressions regarding the girl matched.

Sorry for sounding like a skeptic. I'm open to the ideas of alternate realities and such. It's just that it could be exactly the problem that makes people go nuts in these changing times, they start seeing what they expect. How do we know what we expect deep down?

Chad

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
A new study came out about rates of parasitical infection detected in Britons from the Bronze Age to the industrial revolution, and, with regards to the discussion in the session about same, the part that caught my eye was that the researchers noted sites where infection appeared to be much lower, and the peaks (probably obviously) were recorded during times such as the Roman Empire and Late Medieval period.

I haven't looked into the actual study but it'd be interesting to know which regions and periods where they recorded low levels and what we know about those societies and cultures.

Study:

Ancient Britons bedevilled by belly bugs

Amalyah Hart
Cosmos
Fri, 22 Apr 2022 12:00 UTC

parasite
© Ed Reschke/Getty Images
This particular worm is a dog-heart worm, but similar parasitic worms are found in the intestines of humans, spreading via faecal matter or undercooked food.
Analysis of skeletons bridging the Roman to the Victorian eras show ancients (unsurprisingly) carried parasitic stomach bugs, but patterns changed with the advent of sanitation.

It may come as no surprise to you that ancient humans played host to a smorgasbord of bugs and diseases, but science, as a rule, likes to tease out the details in the data.

So, in that spirit of curiosity, researchers from the University of Oxford have investigated the history of parasitic worm infections in Britons who lived between the Roman and Victorian eras - and the results aren't pretty.

Humans are infected with roundworms and whipworms through contact with contaminated faecal matter. In a society with poor hygiene practices, then, these nefarious critters can thrive on a virtual parade of poop that spreads, in tiny increments, from person to person. Other parasitic infections, like tapeworm, can come from eating undercooked meat or fish.

To test the prevalence of these infections over time, the research team analysed 464 human burials from 17 sites, dating from the Bronze Age to the Industrial Revolution. To identify the trace presence of parasitic worms in these long-degraded burials, the researchers hunted for worm eggs in the soil near the pelvises of the skeletons.

According to the results of the study, published today in PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, people in the Roman and Late Medieval periods fared the worst, with the highest rates of parasitic worm infections of the time period studied. But, as the Industrial period dawned, worm infection rates - while still high - began to show spatial patterns of variation.

Some sites showed scarce evidence of parasitic eggs, while in others these orbs of intestinal doom were rampant. The researchers believe these patterns are linked to changes in sanitation and hygiene in some areas, during what's known as the Victorian "Sanitary Revolution".

"Defining the patterns of infection with intestinal worms can help us to understand the health, diet and habits of past populations," write the authors. "More than that, defining the factors that led to changes in infection levels (without modern drugs) can provide support for approaches to control these infections in modern populations."

Next, the team plan to use their array of parasite-based approaches to investigate other infections in the past, including larger-scale analyses.
Amalyah Hart is a science journalist based in Melbourne. She has a BA (Hons) in Archaeology and Anthropology from the University of Oxford and an MA in Journalism from the University of Melbourne.

Also, this article may be of interest: Bronze Age Britons were riddled with parasites but had the finest of fabrics

Top Bottom