Session 4 March 2012

Thank you Laura for a Revolutionary Session indeed,thx to the insite of the forum members always sharing there insights and networking there ideas :)

Q: (L) So the electromagnetic field of the earth is a property of its spinning? And it's spinning is a property of... can be affected by electric stuff. (Belibaste) Yeah, like a motor, if it slows down, it generates less electromagnetic field. (Perceval) Getting ready for a flip. (L) Okay, we have a question that Psyche and I have been thinking about. After reading this book about viruses, we have the idea that viruses may be the means by which genetic manipulation {as in intentional coming from other densities} has taken place on this planet for millions, if not billions, of years.

A: Yes

Q: (L) Does that mean that a virus is a transdimensional manifestation?
A: Yes. Thoughts made manifest! Compare to some crop circles!

Q: (Psyche) Some viruses in the atlas DO look like crop circles. [wind noise muffles Ark's question] (Ark)...of course virus is just pure DNA, or what? (Psyche) It can be both DNA or RNA depending on the type of virus, and usually coated to protect itself. There are so many types of viruses; it can be just a piece of genetic code. (Ark) Okay, so my question is whether there is a particular part of the virus that has the property that is not just described by normal quantum physics or quantum chemistry and so on, or its the whole organization of virus that has this property?
A: Yes. Information field aggregates matter.

Q: (talk of thought vs. information) (Belibaste) Does information command or direct the aggregation of different proteins or amino acids to form a virus? Materialization?
A: Yes.

Q: (Psyche) It's very interesting because they have found in our "junk" DNA, properties of viruses that are close in location to those of stem cells, and also cells that end up producing cancer. It is quite interesting. (Perceval) That means our DNA is thought made manifest?
A: More or less!

This raises some interesting implications about vaccines, it makes me wonder if genetic engineering has a link to autism as well.

Keit said:
Q: Yes, I remember. Okay, that takes care of several things. You are talking about bloodlines becoming parasitically infested and harassed at times of quantum leaps such as now, when I was reading back over this, it seems that this is a repeating cycle, this parasitic infestation; and then reading the history of Gregory of Tours, and all of these truly amazing things - lights in the sky, plagues, repeated incidents of aerial phenomena... a 'light like a serpent' in the sky... a bright light and 'snakes fell from the clouds...' in 590, fiery globes traversed the heavens and then an eclipse of the sun. These astronomical phenomena were usually followed by inclement weather which, in its turn, brought plague... is this the kind of parasitical infestation, harassment and so forth that we are talking about here?
A: Maybe, look for more clues.
Q: Well, do you have a specific point that you would like to toss on me here so that I have an idea of what I am looking for?
A: Undulating matrix/mosaic.

Undulating matrix/mosaic, could that mean DNA? Viruii seem to be genetic parasites.

Q: (Psyche) It's very interesting because they have found in our "junk" DNA, properties of viruses that are close in location to those of stem cells, and also cells that end up producing cancer. It is quite interesting.

I thought I would quote some of these concepts because it is really very interesting. For instance, this paper published on International Journal of Molecular Sciences on January 2012 says:

{Keep in mind that introns, retrotransposable elements, and ncRNAs is what they call "junk" DNA, or at least some of it. The whole of it might well be viral in origin! Also, keep in mind that we are eukaryotes}

Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2012, 13, 477-490; doi:10.3390/ijms13010477
Review

Non Coding RNAs and Viruses in the Framework of the Phylogeny of the Genes, Epigenesis and Heredity

Daniel Frías-Lasserre

Horizontal gene transfer mediated by viruses and bacteria have been detected in eukaryotes. In
Saccharomyces cerevisiae, recombination between retrotransposons is a source of chromosome
rearrangements and a mechanism of genome evolution in this specie [95]. Recent studies show
recombination between retroposons and exogenous retroviruses [96]. Extensive sequence similarity in
various organisms showed that the capsid protein and RNA-dependent RNA polymerase genes from
viruses have widespread homologies transversally in the genomes of eukaryotic organisms. Sequence
comparison and phylogenetic analysis suggest that these genes were likely transferred horizontally
from viruses to eukaryotic genomes and are also functional in the recipient genomes. Horizontal
transfer of double-stranded RNA viral genes is widespread among eukaryotes and may give rise to
functionally important new genes, thus entailing that RNA viruses may play significant roles in the
evolution of eukaryotes
[97].

In particular, the persistent endogenous retroviruses in a long evolutionary time scale on a specific
host can explain the origin of numerous basic and highly complex functions of life such as the origin
of DNA-based genomes and DNA replication, eukaryotic nucleus, adaptative immune system and
interference RNAs and mammalian placenta and viviparous birth [88,98] and also all the different
class of ncRNAs.
{ncRNA stands for non coding RNA, LncRNA is long noncoding RNA which has the one that has a role in stem cells and cancer}

3. Conclusions

The affinity in terms of molecular structure, transmission and recombination of genetic material
between viruses, transposons, and introns demonstrates the viral origin of the latter elements and
strengthen the hypothesis of an initial world of RNAs
. It is known that many retrotransposons and
retroviruses differ only in the absence of a capsule. I concord with the idea that RNAs viruses should
be seen as the first manifestations of life which culminated in the biochemical evolution in a naked
RNA world that preceded the origin of the first cells. With the discovery of the ncRNAs and
ribozymes, these were located in the center of the central dogma of molecular biology displacing the
DNA. The most plausible hypothesis now in the emergence of the first molecules pioneers that life
revolves around an RNA virus not dependent of DNA in their replication. Many of the functions
within living cells such as replication, transcription and repair as well as their fine-tuned regulatory
order are now known to also be of viral origin
[80,99].

If the origin of introns and retrotransposable elements are viral, then ncRNAs, in base to its
homology with these elements, have also a viral origin and are part of the genome in the different
species of the tree of life
. Thus, the ncRNAs, in the form of introns, by splicing of mRNA, regulates
the genetic expression
. Also, the other forms of small and ncRNAs, coded in the redundant DNA and
located between structural genes, have many important roles in the organism.

[...]

The natural viral transduction between the species that constitute the tree of life and genetic
homologies between distant organisms suggest that the genome of living organisms, particularly
multicellular is a “fluid mosaics of genetic information from different sources” [10]. This fact also
suggests that all organisms are naturally transgenic.

The discovery of ncRNAs has represented a major shift in the way of conceiving genetic variation
in natural populations. Before the advent of the ncRNAs, the norm of reaction and phenotypic
plasticity were considered adaptive but it was thought they had no a hereditary basis. But, now we
know that these phenomena have a strong epigenetic base and can be inherited, explaining the
emergence of morphological adaptations such as camouflage and mimicry. The epigenesis may also
explain the variation and heredity of complex traits and diseases in humans
[100].

According to Lynn Margulis the most important force in organic evolution is the endosymbiosis
where bacteria have played a fundamental role in the origin of mitochondria and the chloroplasts. But,
the roles of ncRNAs, their relation to RNA viruses embedded in the genome of species belonging
to the three domains of the tree of life show that the endosymbiotic model must be extended to viruses.

More info about long ncRNAs:

Long noncoding RNAs: the search for function

_http://rinnlab.com/pdfs/Rinn_nature_methods_tech_feature.pdf

Monya Baker

Transcripts are easy to find: sorting out what they do is a challenge.

In the late 1990s, before the publication of the human genome, John Rinn, then at Yale University, was hunting for protein
genes on chromosome 22 with his graduate student adviser Michael Snyder. The only genes they found were ones that had
already been discovered, but their arrays identified a steady stream of transcribed regions with no apparent purpose. These
long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) came from genome regions that were known to lack protein genes. The transcripts also
lacked open reading frames and other properties necessary for them to be translated into proteins.

Most scientists at the time dismissed such transcripts as noise, but Rinn kept doing experiments. “I started cloning them,” he recalls, “and I realized that if I could clone them, they must be stable.” And if they were stable, he thought, perhaps they were functional, too. In 2004, Rinn took a postdoctoral position with Howard Chang at Stanford University, after the two came up with a scheme to learn what, if anything, these mysterious transcripts were doing.

This work led eventually to the discovery of a noncoding RNA they named HOTAIR1. This 2.2-kilobase spliced RNA transcript interacts with the protein complex polycomb to modify chromatin and repress transcription of the human HOX genes, which regulate development. How exactly it does so is still unclear.

What is clear is that HOTAIR is just one of thousands of lncRNAs. Although less than 2% of a mammalian genome codes for protein, studies consistently show that half or even more of the genome is transcribed. Partly because suitable research tools are in their infancy, scientists are only beginning to uncover the functions of these transcripts (Box 1).

Function focus

Everyone has favorite analogies for how lncRNAs might function. Chang recently showed that HOTAIR serves as a ‘modu-
lar scaffold’, assembling a molecular cargo of specific combinations of enzymes that are equipped to regulate target genes2.
Rinn likens some of these scaffolds to an air traffic controller, guiding regulatory machinery to the appropriate spots in the
genome. His work has shown that hundreds of lncRNAs are physically associated with polycomb and other chromatin-
modifying complexes3. That, he says, would explain why the same protein complexes act on different sequences in
different cells. Other researchers have suggested an effector component: lncRNA binds to a protein, changing its structure
and activating it
4, Tom Cech, a scientist at the University of Colorado at Boulder who won the Nobel Prize for his work on
RNA, believes that each of these mechanisms and more may be in play.

The possibilities seem endless (Box 2). Some lncRNAs may even enhance transcription through chromosome looping
or other means5,6. “I don’t know why people think that lncRNAs are all doing one thing,” says Rinn. “They are just new types of genes, and their repertoire of functions I think will rival the proteome.

BOX 1 LONG NONCODING RNAs REGULATING GENES

Although researchers are still struggling to uncover the
mechanisms and protein partners of long noncoding RNAs
(lncRNAs), evidence of their importance in basic biology
is pouring in.

Last year, John Rinn at the Broad Institute and colleagues
used a specially designed microarray to test the expression
of about 900 lncRNAs in human fibroblasts and pluripotent
stem cells. Just over 100 lncRNAs were induced when
fibroblasts were reprogrammed to pluripotency; a similar
number of lncRNAs were repressed. The team focused on
a couple of dozen lncRNAs that were more upregulated in
induced pluripotent stem cells than in embryonic stem cells,
reasoning that these would be particularly important for
reprogramming
. Previously published data indicated that
Oct4, an essential transcription factor for pluripotency, was
binding sites in the genome identified as coding for lncRNAs.

Gain- and loss-of-function experiments showed that at
least one of these, called lincRNA-RoR, for long intergenic
noncoding RNA and regulator of reprogramming, was
essential for a variety of functions, including reprogramming
as well as modulating genes known to respond to oxidative
stress, DNA damage and p53, a protein that regulates the cell
cycle and is implicated in about half of all human cancers
Another set of experiments hinted at extensive regulatory
systems featuring lncRNAs. Several lncRNAs were found to be
regulated by p53; one transcript, lncRNA-21, binds a protein
known as heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K (hnRNP-K).
Almost 600 genes are affected in common by all three—p53,
lncRNA-21 and hnRNP-K (ref. 13).

This March, Howard Chang at Stanford University described
how a lncRNA called HOTTIP can help to activate the transcription
of several HOXA genes in vivo. The molecule is transcribed from
the tip of the HOXA@ locus, where it binds adaptor proteins
and sets nearby chromatin marks to drive transcription. When
HOTTIP was knocked down, the proteins MLL1 and WDR5 were
not observed on the transcription start sites of HOX5 genes as
they normally are. However, these effects could not be rescued by
expressing HOTTIP from another region on the genome, indicating
that the lncRNA must work from the chromosome on which
it is transcribed. Indeed, chromosome conformation capture
techniques have indicated that chromatin looping brings the RNA
into close proximity to the activated genes3.

BOX 2 POSSIBLE ROLES FOR LONG NONCODING RNA

Junk. Sloppy machinery means some sequences are transcribed unnecessarily.

Byproduct. The act of transcription may help to prepare the genome for future
transcripts or open the DNA to activate nearby genes.

Scaffold. Various protein complexes may need to work in unique combinations;
noncoding RNA keeps the proteins together.

Guide. Noncoding RNA may guide complexes to the right spots in the genome.

Effector. An intimate collaboration of RNA and protein allows a protein to modify
chromatin or otherwise regulate gene expression.

Enhancer or activator. The promoters of some protein genes may get a boost from
noncoding RNAs.

[...]

Psyche said:
Last year, John Rinn at the Broad Institute and colleagues
used a specially designed microarray to test the expression
of about 900 lncRNAs in human fibroblasts and pluripotent
stem cells. Just over 100 lncRNAs were induced when
fibroblasts were reprogrammed to pluripotency; a similar
number of lncRNAs were repressed. The team focused on
a couple of dozen lncRNAs that were more upregulated in
induced pluripotent stem cells than in embryonic stem cells,
reasoning that these would be particularly important for
reprogramming
. Previously published data indicated that
Oct4, an essential transcription factor for pluripotency, was
binding sites in the genome identified as coding for lncRNAs.

Gain- and loss-of-function experiments showed that at
least one of these, called lincRNA-RoR, for long intergenic
noncoding RNA and regulator of reprogramming, was
essential for a variety of functions, including reprogramming
as well as modulating genes known to respond to oxidative
stress, DNA damage and p53, a protein that regulates the cell
cycle and is implicated in about half of all human cancers
Another set of experiments hinted at extensive regulatory
systems featuring lncRNAs. Several lncRNAs were found to be
regulated by p53; one transcript, lncRNA-21, binds a protein
known as heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K (hnRNP-K).
Almost 600 genes are affected in common by all three—p53,
lncRNA-21 and hnRNP-K (ref. 13).

Thanks Psyche! This brought to mind what Shiller speculates about p53: that its so-called 'defects' tied with cancer growth are actually a self-destruct sequence for distortions to non-coding DNA and the information possibly contained in it. Makes me wonder about the rise of cancer with the rise of humanity's current diet, and the epigenetic effects of such a diet. We're polluting our code, and our DNA is responding in turn?

When I first read the part about virii in this session, I assumed that trans-dimensional manipulation was exclusively STS in character. But with more info being posted about how virii can be used as vectors to modify DNA, I wonder if this might be one level where an actual "battle" might be taking place through us. It certainly seems as though evolution may have gotten a push this way at various points before we came onto the scene, and that could be creative as much as anything. Shiller also discusses how DNA is like a programming language, so virii as "thought made manifest" really do seem like an interface where you can hack in and rewrite the code (toward whatever end).

Shijing said:
When I first read the part about virii in this session, I assumed that trans-dimensional manipulation was exclusively STS in character. But with more info being posted about how virii can be used as vectors to modify DNA, I wonder if this might be one level where an actual "battle" might be taking place through us. It certainly seems as though evolution may have gotten a push this way at various points before we came onto the scene, and that could be creative as much as anything. Shiller also discusses how DNA is like a programming language, so virii as "thought made manifest" really do seem like an interface where you can hack in and rewrite the code (toward whatever end).

It also suggests to me how the universe might be created by thought in ways I hadn't thought of before - like libraries building on libraries. Pieces interacting together in a common matrix from the elements through complex life directed by thought. At a higher level, maybe its like kind of a "see what happens" kind of thing.

Approaching Infinity said:
Thanks Psyche! This brought to mind what Shiller speculates about p53: that its so-called 'defects' tied with cancer growth are actually a self-destruct sequence for distortions to non-coding DNA and the information possibly contained in it. Makes me wonder about the rise of cancer with the rise of humanity's current diet, and the epigenetic effects of such a diet. We're polluting our code, and our DNA is responding in turn?

Indeed! And then, there was this post written by Dr. Symes who was speculating about lectins (diet), virus and cancer awhile ago:

Viruses and Lectins- The Missing Links

John B. Symes, D.V.M.

Beltline Animal Hospital, PC

Mobile, AL

http://dogtorj.com/main-course/lectins-are-the-missing-links/viruses-and-lectins-the-missing-links/

The role of viruses and lectins in the development of disease has been one of the most amazing topics that I have researched over the past seven years. I include these together because there is a fascinating interaction between these two entities that helps to explain many of the conditions we still refer to as “idiopathic”, a term to which I now take exception. The only concept that upsets me more is “autoimmune disorder”, a term that implies that our immune system does not know what it is doing. I wholeheartedly disagree with that premise and a better understanding of viruses and lectins supports my dissent.

Let’s start with lectins. In my quest for solutions to “idiopathic” problems, the study of these antibody-sized proteins/glycoproteins yielded answers to many of the questions that were haunting me as I tried to explain how my dietary changes could yield such phenomenal results. Lectins are carbohydrate-binding glycoproteins or proteins that are ubiquitous in nature, with plants, animals and even bacteria producing these remarkable compounds. Although the true role of lectins in plants is still under investigation, we know that these proteins play numerous important roles in animals and man. They serve to bind circulating glycoproteins to cells, such as those in the liver, to facilitate their removal. Our body produces lectins that are involved in immune responses (e.g. mannose-binding lectin), the adhesion of cells, and the removal of pathogens through binding to carbohydrates on their surfaces. In the case of neurons, the oligodendrocyte produces two different lectins- one that helps nourish the neuron and another that can kill it. Bacteria produce lectins that enable them to adhere to tissue. Finally, certain foods contain lectins that can do serious harm to susceptible individuals. Therefore, there are “good” and “bad” lectins in nature- those that promote health and others that contribute to disease.

For the purposes of this discussion, the focus will be on those dietary lectins that have been directly linked to illness in animals and man. The most common sources of damaging lectins are the gluten grains (wheat, barley, rye), dairy products, legumes (e.g. soy, peanuts, beans), and corn. The nightshade family (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplant and tobacco) also contain potentially harmful lectins, most of which are inactivated by cooking but to which some individuals can become quite sensitive (e.g. arthritis). For example, uncooked wheat flour, beans, and eggplant are considered toxic while heating them removes most, but not all, of the harmful lectins. Fermentation, sprouting, and soaking have also been employed to remove these harmful substances. But I frequently tell people to think “peanut allergy” when considering the degree of sensitivity that some individuals develop to these proteins.

The literature describes the pathomechanism of the damage done by these lectins as being like a lock and key, in which the circulating lectin serves as a key that unlocks the cell to which it attaches. All complex cells, plant or animal, have carbohydrates that project from their cell membranes. These serve as glycoprotein receptors (docking stations, if you will) to which circulating lectins and other things can attach. When the right “key” comes along, its attachment can initiate a cascade of events in that cell wall that may lead to a number of different outcomes, ranging from the attraction of the immune system and cell death to the production of hormones and chemicals to the multiplication of that cell.

Once I found that these harmful lectins (especially those from gluten, dairy, soy and corn) could cause inflammation and tissue damage all by themselves, without an immune response, things really started to make sense. The immune response is actually secondary to that damage, which helps to explain why we see such a variation in the measurable response in different individuals challenged by these glycoproteins. Some will respond with an outpouring of antibodies yielding positive tests while others will not, thus helping to explain the negative tests in individuals who ultimately respond quite well to the elimination diet when they employ it despite those negative tests.

It then becomes clear that these dietary glycoproteins are also a big part of what we label as “autoimmune disease”. Personally, as I stated at the outset, I do not like nor do I use that term anymore unless I put it in quotes. That term implies that the immune system is attacking its own host’s tissues for no good reason. I contend that this does not happen…ever. The immune system always responds appropriately but we simply do not always fully understand why it does what it does. The inflammation being incited by lectins is a prime example of this.

As stated, lectins are antibody-sized entities. How would we know they are present when they are, in fact, that small? We can’t see them in a routine tissue sample. It would take biochemical analysis or, again, antibody testing to determine whether they are involved. Therein lies the rub. Not everyone responds with what we might call an “appropriate” response (one that we can detect readily). We just have to know that these lectins can and do cause changes in the individual cells of the body (neurons, nephrons, blood cells, etc) of susceptible individuals. I contend that the “big 4″- gluten (from wheat, barley, rye), dairy, soy and corn- are not healthy for anyone. They are simply better tolerated by some than others. This is the nature of “spectrum disorders” among individuals, who range in affliction from the “best of the best” to the “worst of the worst”. Once again, thinking “peanut allergy” helps us to envision the “worst of the worst”. Now that’s a sensitivity!

For the sake of previous discussions on the dietary aspects of epilepsy, does gluten affect neurons? It definitely can. Can gluten kill neurons? Yes, indeed! If an inquiring individual were to do an Internet search for “gluten, neurons”, they would find some very relevant articles. How the lectins of gluten damage and kill neurons is the interesting thing, and the answer lies in understanding of the mechanisms of cellular physiology and how that cell responds to challenges. A concurrent study of viruses helps to complete the big picture and that is why I write so much about this on my site now.

It is logical that the viruses inside that cell are among the things that determine the response of that cell to the challenge by lectins, carcinogens, and other chemicals/pollutants/preservatives, etc. It has been described in the literature that a cell can have as many as ten different responses to a lectin challenge, ranging from cell death (apoptosis) to tumor formation. I believe that one of the answers lies in the adaptive viruses found inside that cell. After all, that is what viruses do in nature- they facilitate adaptation (as well as cause variation in nature).

The phenomenal thing is that our very DNA contains these adaptive viruses. Researchers now estimate that up to 45% of the genetic codes in our double stranded DNA are actually viral information, some active and some extinct. This is what retroviruses, in particular, do. They infect the cell and incorporate their genetic information into our DNA. That is why these particular viruses are involved in cancer and why cancer can be “genetic” (inherited). This “genetic” information can then be transmitted vertically to offspring.

As heretical as it may seem, I am now convinced that cancer itself is an adaptive process. The viruses that “cause” cancer are simply adapting to the challenges (e.g. carcinogens) that we keep throwing at them. When all else fails, they cause the cell that they are designed to protect to start growing out of control in order to ensure the survival of that virus and the cell itself. Thus, I now view a tumor as a “protective cocoon”. Is this a radical idea? Yes, it is. Does it make sense once it is understood that viruses are vital to the normal function of plants and animals (including man) and that their main purpose is to facilitate adaptation? It certainly does to me.

So why don’t we all have cancer and develop it early in our lives? Once again, because there is another part of the “syndrome” that is necessary- a weakened immune system. That’s right. We are all killing cancer cells right now (hopefully). The immune system recognizes when a cell is trying to do something inappropriate or harmful and sends in the cavalry. This could be just what we (incorrectly) label as an “autoimmune response”. Once again, I contend that the body does know exactly what it is doing each and every time it does something. Again, we just don’t understand what it is doing sometimes and I believe that what we call “autoimmune disease” is one of those times.

How does this apply to epilepsy and other neurodegenerative diseases such as MS, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and ALS? As stated above, some viruses have a distinct affinity for the central nervous system. The two most common brain tumors in veterinary medicine are the oligodendroglioma and astrocytoma, both of which are likely to be viral neoplasms involving those cells that control many of the supportive functions of the neuron, including the production of the myelin sheath and the control of neurotransmitter levels (glutamate). If there are viruses in those cells causing tumors, then through “reverse engineering”, we can see that there are going to be the processes (e.g. “autoimmune diseases”) taking place that precede the formation of these tumors because these are the means by which the immune system controls the tumor production…until it is overwhelmed by all the toxins we are throwing at it.

Latent viruses are involved in many of the disease “syndromes” with which we are afflicted, including epilepsy and cancer. I like to use cancer as the parallel to illustrate the difference between “causes” and “triggers”. For example, carcinogens do not “cause” cancer. Viruses are the principle, proven cause of cancer (e.g. retroviruses). Carcinogens simply incite the virus into causing that cancer. I am convinced that the public will be told in the (near) future that all cancer is viral. Researchers have been saying this for years and years. After all, it is what some viruses do, incorporating their DNA into that of the host only to have that cell reproduce out of control at a later date. It is those ugly chemicals and pollutants we call carcinogens that trigger those viruses into turning the DNA into a cell factory.

But, viruses and carcinogens alone are not sufficient for the individual to develop cancer. The host must also experience some degree of immune failure in order to get the “big C”. So, it is this triad of factors…viruses, carcinogens, and immune failure…that come together to yield the resulting cancer. That is what we call a “syndrome”.

Epilepsy is also a syndrome and the parallel is probably already quite clear. Most individuals are loaded with viruses that have the potential to cause seizures. In humans, Epstein Barr (EBV) is one such Herpes virus. 50% of our children in the U.S. have Epstein-Barr by age 5 and 95 % of Americans over age 40 have this virus in their body. Many epilepsy sufferers have not ever been told that viruses are known causes of seizures. The fact is that there are over 25 viruses known to causes seizures in people, many of which are ubiquitous, including Epstein Barr, Herpes simplex, measles, mumps, Coxsackie viruses, and many more). Of course, measles and mumps are in the paramyxovirus group, to which the virus of canine distemper belongs.

But why don’t all humans have seizures if EBV can cause them? On explanation would be that most individuals don’t have the right cofactors in place to make it happen. And there are many cofactors in epilepsy: Diet, the existence of food intolerance (e.g. celiac disease), air quality, hormonal influences, lifestyles, and many other things that affect the immune system as well as the health of the central nervous system, liver, kidneys, and endocrine systems, all of which can play vital roles.

Of all of these factors, diet is clearly the most important. This is very easy to see once we understand what is required of our brains, bodies, and immune systems in order to stay healthy and operate optimally. The “big 4″ (gluten, dairy, soy and corn) are the “who’s who” of what is wrong with foods, as they damage our gut’s ability to absorb nutrients (e.g. celiac disease), shower our body with damaging proteins (lectins), load us up with staggering levels of “excitotoxins” (glutamate and aspartate) and pound us with estrogens. As a result, tissue health suffers, immunity fails, enzyme systems go down, and the Pandora’s Box of viruses is opened wide.

Many of the viral infections acquired by humans and pets during their lifetime do not come and go but rather come and stay. As I am fond of saying, “If I could do a Star Trek type of scan on your body and give you a print out of the viruses you have in there, once you got over the shock of that news, you might just be motivated to take better care of yourself, eh?” Some infections are “diphasic”, with the initial infection causing some signs while other symptoms arise later once the individual fails to control the initial infection or continues to bombard these viruses in situ with things that “make them mad”.

A number of these viruses have an affinity for the glial cells (astrocytes and oligodendricytes) that support the neuron and regulate the levels of neurotransmitters (e.g glutamate) at the synapse. I contend that this is one of the main reasons why “the G.A.R.D” (the glutamate/aspartate restricted diet) works so well to help control seizures, as it dramatically reduces the work load of these dysfunctional cells and puts a great Band Aid on the epilepsy situation. But, the long-term solution comes from the very same diet (also called the gut absorption recovery diet), which helps to reverse the malabsorption/malnutrition syndrome that ushered in immune failure and tissue ill health that set the stage for the viral uprising.

The bottom line is that viruses don’t like certain things hurled at them (e.g. lectins, chemicals, and pollution). Their first reaction is one of adaptation, enabling the target cell to function in the presence of the offending agent. For example, I believe that’s seizures actually serve a purpose by effectively disposing of the excess glutamate that could otherwise kill the neuron. Glutamate is not only neurostimulating but potentially neurolethal, as illustrated by the fact that brain death results from the “glutamate cascade” regardless of the cause of bodily death.

However, when viruses are called upon to repeatedly react to these noxious stimuli, a more involved form of adaptation is employed and one that draws the attention of the immune system. At this point, the individual had better hope that there is a competent immune system present to put down this “rebellion”. If not, that candidate may suffer the full blown syndrome, whether it be “refractory” epilepsy, cancer, or that myriad of things researchers love to call “autoimmune disorders”. These things are not as “idiopathic” as we have all been led to believe.

Our medical histories all line up with this once the role (and ultimate purpose) of viruses in nature and our bodies is grasped. They are not the malicious entities that we have labeled them to be. They are simply doing their job. The noxious stimuli being thrown at them is the real issue. We are literally forcing them into becoming pathogens. In addition to the plethora of obvious offending agents being imbibed, most individuals are compounding matters through poor nutrition, polluted environments, fast-paced lifestyles, and lack of sleep. All of these things add up to self-induced misery.

Our pets may not be out partying all night but the two most important- their horrific commercial diets and polluted environments- are wreaking havoc of their health. Is it really their “genetic makeup” that is cutting their lives so woefully short? Do “genes” ultimately turn on all of us? If so, why do they wait years to make that turn? If something is genetic, why does it take 10, 40 or 80 years to show up? What is waiting? Why does it wait? What brings it out of hiding? I have suggested many times that, when reading a paper of genetics, the word “gene” be replaced with the word “virus” to see if that treatise makes more sense. Suddenly, answers to the above questions start coming. Coupled with the knowledge of viral stimulants (e.g. carcinogens, lectins, and other viruses), we can start to see what…or who…the real culprit is.

As the cartoon character Pogo so wisely stated years ago, “We have met the enemy…and he is us.”

Shijing said:

Exactly. When I read about these discoveries, I see images of 4D genetic engineers creating life, and seeding it on earth. As in, designing it from scratch (if such a concept even applies at that level!), and using viruses as nanotechnology to get the job done!

I'm very glad to see the transcript of a new session. Thanks Team!

There is one very important thing which I'm struggling to understand yet. C's mentions multiple times that knowledge protects and that STOs do not fight, they only share the knowledge with those who ask. If there is going to be bloody revolution or any other physical collision between regions/people, so how one, who seeks to be STO, should express his fight in this situation? In my understanding, if he, for example, takes a gun to his hands in order to fight the "injustice", which may be subjective, won't it be a violation of the STO path or some kind of wishfull thinking to change the current situation?

As we have been told, a judgement doesn't go in line with the STO path. That means we shouldn't say this is good or this is bad; We all know where we are, we wanted physical sensations, we all accepted the rules before coming to the Earth and we know that the world has been controlled and manipulated. This is designed by default here and we chose to be here. Though STS forces seek to control people by limiting their frequency of vibrations, however, the knowledge may be the ticket to get out of here.

So if the above approach is correct, how the fight of potential STO candidate might look like (despite of accumulating the knowledge)?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Atomas

Well, Laura's been very busy lately working on her latest book which is why she's been a little quiet on the forum the last few days, so I'll give you my take on this one until she can chime in...

Atomas said:
I'm very glad to see the transcript of a new session. Thanks Team!

There is one very important thing which I'm struggling to understand yet. C's mentions multiple times that knowledge protects and that STOs do not fight, they only share the knowledge with those who ask. If there is going to be bloody revolution or any other physical collision between regions/people, so how one, who seeks to be STO, should express his fight in this situation? In my understanding, if he, for example, takes a gun to his hands in order to fight the "injustice", which may be subjective, won't it be a violation of the STO path or some kind of wishfull thinking to change the current situation?

I think the most important thing to remember is just because there is revolution happening on the planet does not mean that we are advocating violence in any way, shape or form. As Lennon said, once you become violent, they know how to handle you. If you're familiar with Mouravieff, then you know that there are two streams in life - one that is mechanical and 'feeds the moon' and the other that moves toward immortality. Removing oneself from one stream and into the other is what true esoteric work is all about. When it comes to the 'revolution' that the C's mention, that can be interpreted in many ways, and even if it is interpreted as 'bloody revolution', that doesn't necessarily mean that those who have worked to reach the other stream of life (or who are working to do so) should throw themselves into the physical fray, though they may very well be involved on an energetic level. Of course, anything is possible and the future is open.

My rather rambling point is that the 'battle' we are all engaged in is an emotional/mental/psychic one, that manifests in physicality on this level of reality. We can do more for our 'side' of the battle by cleaning our machines, removing our lies to the self and acting impeccably in each situation in which we find ourselves than we ever would by reactively taking up arms on the street, because the PTB will always have larger guns. Of course, I don't know what the future holds, but considering that at this point we are STS beings, I think the best we can do is strive to see each situation as it actually is (not as we want it to be) and to act as if the fate of the universe depends on what we do.

a said:
As we have been told, a judgement doesn't go in line with the STO path. That means we shouldn't say this is good or this is bad; We all know where we are, we wanted physical sensations, we all accepted the rules before coming to the Earth and we know that the world has been controlled and manipulated. This is designed by default here and we chose to be here.

And if part of 'being here' is learning how to take part in what is upcoming in the most impeccable way possible? All is lessons, after all. That's my current take, at least, but we'll see what the future holds.

Atomas said:
As we have been told, a judgement doesn't go in line with the STO path. That means we shouldn't say this is good or this is bad; We all know where we are, we wanted physical sensations, we all accepted the rules before coming to the Earth and we know that the world has been controlled and manipulated. This is designed by default here and we chose to be here. Though STS forces seek to control people by limiting their frequency of vibrations, however, the knowledge may be the ticket to get out of here.

Maybe not in the sense you describe judgement but there is indeed a need for good judgement as described here:

Discernment

In general usage, discernment means good judgement, seeing things for what they are. The word is often used in the context of seeing the difference between right and wrong or true and false. In religious discourse, discernment specifically means distinguishing between different spiritual influences.

Discernment is a sense for the true nature of things. Discernment is a skill or ability rather than the state of possessing information. Discernment may apply to all manifestations of the universe, as they all ultimately derive from archetypal sources. Discernment cannot be codified into a set of universally applicable rules but it can be learned through practice. While some general principles exist, all situations are unique. Discernment is the capacity to see what is applicable to what. Discernment, as knowledge itself, is infinitely varied and all-encompassing. Discernment does not occur in a vacuum, it is always in relation to a situation, a phenomenon or message.

Discernment applies to man's inner life as well as to outer manifestations. For example, Gurdjieff says that self-love isolates man from reality and prevents esoteric development. Yet a different part of the self must be of great worth and loved a great deal in order to justify the efforts made on its behalf in the Work. Suffering of one sort is wasted energy, merely feeding the moon, yet other suffering is absolutely necessary for obtaining anything. Distinguishing between the parts of self concerned and the types of effort and suffering is an example of discernment applied to inner life. Each of these has its proper 'taste,' which must be linked to the terms used in the teaching before the teaching comes to life.

Examples of discernment applied to the outer world include seeing through the lies and misrepresentations of politics without the veil of wishful thinking. Even further, discernment applies to what is or is not known. Discernment is the opposite of belief or obsession, it is an ever-vigilant state, knowing the limits of its own knowledge. Another application is seeing the patterns of history through the layers of disinformation accumulated at each retelling. Another application is extracting information of value from esoteric or channeled sources. Even if an invariably truthful source of information existed, the information would be of little value without the capacity of discernment which would confirm its truth, thus making the information the receiver's own.

We could say that the principal aim of the QFS is practicing and teaching discernment as applies to both inner and outer contents. Only if the world is seen for what it is is it possible to choose one's way and act in favor of this choice. In this sense, all begins with discernment of both one's circumstance as well as of one's inner nature. All that follows calls for increasingly refined discernment between influences, situations and choices.

Thanks Laura, Ark, chateau crew, and Cassiopaea, 4 another insightfull session. Nice picture. ;D

Ana, did you re-post reply #267 or did it come back up after forum was fixed? The post is dated today, but I had read it the other day. I'm asking because it seems some of the very last posts before the forum went down were not backed up and didn't come back online when the forum did.

Back
Top Bottom