Show #15: No Ordinary Inside Job: The 9/11 Psy-Ops

LQB said:
LQB said:
Not sure about that because the waveform comparisons are for the collapse - but yes, games could certainly have been played with the raw data. My first impression from the comparison was that she was trying to show that a falling heavy dust cloud would result in a "softer" seismic response. But in a scientific paper or book, you simply do not present a comparison like that without stating exactly where those plots came from (like sensor, sample rates, filters, windows, filter shape, etc).

Seismic comparisons for the Jan 17 2001 earthquake and WTC 1/2 collapse are presented in Figs 65-66 for 3min and 50 sec time spans. In Fig 65, compare the quiescent levels prior to the events. This noise level prior to the earthquake is twice the level prior to the WTC events. Why is that? The same thing is evident in Fig 66.

On pg 70, Wood provides a description of the data as a cut/paste from a columbia.edu readme file. This gives the impression that she merely "ordered" the data from Columbia and re-plotted it for the book. In this cut/paste it says the data sample rate is 80 Hz. But the caption in Fig 60 states that the sample rate is 40Hz with bandpass filter applied.

If you are serious about doing this kind of analysis, you first acquire the RAW data from the sensors with no post-processing. You then proceed with your own post-processing (resampling, filtering, etc) in such a way that you can describe exactly what you did so others can reproduce your results. (I've been down this road many times with sensors of many kinds).

Wood's data may be correct in the end - it does make intuitive sense. But her description of the data inspires very little confidence that it indeed valid and correct.

How difficult would it be to try and get the raw data to make a real analysis?

Approaching Infinity said:
How difficult would it be to try and get the raw data to make a real analysis?

Don't know. But if Columbia is an edu org, I would think that the raw data should be available to the public. If they have been inundated with 9/11 requests, then there may be extra hoops to jump through.

@ LQB:

Are you saying that there is no public raw seismic data released or available?
Have you tried to get the data?

google: columbia.edu 9/11 seismic data

A lot of stuff to go through, but here is my feeble attempts to get the data...
Then again, getting the unmolested raw seismic data is questionable...

_http://911encyclopedia.com/wiki/index.php/World_Trade_Center_Seismic_Signal

dant said:
@ LQB:

Are you saying that there is no public raw seismic data released or available?
Have you tried to get the data?

google: columbia.edu 9/11 seismic data

A lot of stuff to go through, but here is my feeble attempts to get the data...
Then again, getting the unmolested raw seismic data is questionable...

_http://911encyclopedia.com/wiki/index.php/World_Trade_Center_Seismic_Signal

No dant. I'm saying I don't know since I haven't tried. But if I did, I think I would want to get it directly from the folks that logged it.

Michael BC said:
One particularly bizarre incident snapped into focus, one that was so frightening he recalls it made his “hair stand up.”
A few weeks prior to the attacks, he was working in a stairwell on the 34th floor, which he knew to be completely vacant. Suddenly, he heard the strangest sound—one he’d never heard inside the tower in his nearly twenty years there.

It was a powerful, ominous, “rumbling” sound of something extremely heavy being rolled about. It sounded like a “huge metal dumpster on steel wheels, containing something extremely heavy—tons—being rolled around” a floor that he knew to have been totally empty—devoid even of furniture.
Yet, Rodriguez categorically maintains there was “someone” on that floor moving some monstrous contraption about.
Oddly, he admits to having been gripped by intense fear at the time, but he was having difficulty verbalizing to me the exact nature of his apprehension. While this didn’t strike me as having been a particularly inauspicious occurrence, it was clear he had been deeply affected by it. He immediately reported the incident to the main office, but was reassured it was a vacant floor.

Rodriguez was emphatic that he felt so frightened by this incident he didn’t dare open the door to look inside because he literally feared for his life.

He intuitively sensed grave danger behind that door, and did his best to avoid the 34th floor thereafter.

If any of the above is true, it does hint at the possibility of something going on in the building prior to 9-11 and perhaps with some suggestion of possible 4th Density STS involvement (although reading the C’s comments above, one might interpret them as suggesting that 4th Density STS joined in during the event ‘for the ride’, even if being the unseen instigators from the get go). Ever since reading the noted article the section above has stuck in my mind as having the hint of truth about it (perhaps for being so outlandish, and hence something not worth!)

In many "high strangeness" books (like Keel and Fort and other books concerning "UFOs") there is frequent mention of a loud metallic groaning or "dragging" sound like "a metal table being pulled across the floor", in association with "UFO" activity. I always had the impression when reading such accounts that the noise was a product of some kind of 'intra-density transfer'.

Inspired by the latest session with the C's, I searched for possible entries of 'wtc towers turning into dust' before Wood started writing her book (with Reynolds). It seems like Wood started writing her book around 2007, at least there's the page via webarchive saying so (see one of my previous posts in this thread).

So, the most interesting and one of the oldest entries of anything like this was an web article by someone called Jeffrey King. King seems to have been one of the first scientists questioning 9/11, as early as 2003 or even earlier. Jeffrey King died last year, here's a short memorial from _911blogger.com:

Jeff King, an early scientific voice in the 9/11 Truth Movement, died on June 19 after a lengthy battle with amyloidosis and multple myeloma. He studied physics and engineering at MIT, left for a number of years, then re-enrolled, finished with a degree in Biology (with a combined course of study later labeled Biomedical Engineering), then went on to medical school and became a physician.

Jeff was a neighbor and a good friend. You may know of him through his online name, Plague Puppy (_http://www.plaguepuppy.net/). Some of his thinking about 9/11 was speculative and out of the mainstream of the 9/11 Truth Movement, but I knew him to be extremely inquisitive, well read, independent in his thinking, and non-dogmatic. He was one of the early influences in my getting involved with the 9/11 Truth Movement. He was a gentle and caring person, beloved by his patients.

He is probably best know for the talk shown here: _http://www.plaguepuppy.net/public_html/Confronting%20the%20Evidence/

{that page shown above doesn't seem to exist anymore but you can find some of his writings here: _http://home.comcast.net/~jeffrey.king2/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html}

He will be missed.

--David Chandler

Okay, so far I've found at least couple of pages where he points out similar observations as Wood (without the zero point nonsense). The oldest version that I could find of the following page - via _archive.org - is from 3rd of November 2003. Here are some selected parts(emphasis mine):

_http://web.archive.org/web/20031105214129/http://home.comcast.net/~jeffrey.king2/wsb/The_Strange_Collapse_of_the_Spire.htm
The Strange Collapse of the Spire

An odd remnant of the core of the north tower remained standing for about 15 seconds after the main collapse, then seemed to abruptly disintegrate into a narrow column of dust where huge steel box columns had been...

[...]

Given that the rest of the core disappears so completely it is hard to understand how the collapse could slice so cleanly around the spire without pulling it down as well. The core was extremely robust, designed to be able to support the entire weight of the buildings several times over and was the principal gravitational support of the building. Far from being mere "service cores," they comprised 47 rectangular steel box columns tied together by thousands of steel cross braces. The largest of these box columns were 18"x36", the smallest about 16"x16", all with steel walls 4" thick at the base and tapering in stages to 1" at the top the top, and were anchored directly to the bedrock.

The outer walls' primary function was to brace against wind loads, and they were not counted upon for weight bearing, though they did of course carry some weight in the resting state. By placing the support against wind loading right at the surface where the loads occur the whole structure could be lighter with the same amount of lateral stability. But under static conditions the core carried most of the load.

{IMAGE}

This construction picture gives a sense of how massive the core really was. Notice the four construction cranes standing on the corners of the partially built core. These sat on built-up columns created at each corner and were formed by tying together the four columns closest to each corner. Diagonal braces were also added on the vertical sides to make them more rigid. These corner columns were very substantial structures that were gradually added to as the building grew, and were designed to support the massive cranes and the weight of the materials they lifted into place.

{Video Clips of the Disintegration}

In this view the spire can be seen in the wake of the debris cloud just as it reaches the ground. (And incidentally at that moment the scene to the left of the dust cloud gets much brighter, a brightness visible in many images. Its possible source is beyond the scope of this discussion.) This remnant of the core remains standing for a little less than 20 seconds, swaying a bit from side to side but showing remarkably little inclination to topple over. It then abruptly begins to drop straight down on itself in an apparent free fall, but after falling for about a quarter of its height it suddenly turns to dust. It is heavy dust that continues to drop straight down in place with very little dispersion or wind drift, suggesting that the particles were dense, more or less what one would expect to see if the steel of the columns had turned all at once into a coarse powder. {Sounds a lot like Wood?}

{Pictures of the Disintegration}

Beyond the mysterious shattering and disappearance of the upper ~30% of the core, there is a much more serious anomaly. The "spire" stood for about 20 seconds after the debris cloud fell away from around it, swaying slightly without tipping over despite its height and lack of support. It then began to drop straight down in place, but after dropping only a little way it abruptly turned into dust in place, very much as the towers themselves did.

We can use the left-hand edge of WTC-7 as a reference to mark the position of the spire relative to the original tower. The framing of the picture changes and the view pulls back to a wider angle as we go through the sequence, making WTC-7 get smaller and move a little to the right. Despite this shift we can see that the top of the spire as seen in the last picture just matches the midline of the intact tower in the first frame, indicating that it was part of the core.

But if the spire represents a part of the core, there is something else shown here that is very unusual. Why does main dust cloud from the collapse move off to the left, leaving the spire off by itself? In fact the spire has a smaller dust cloud of its own that can be seen in the second and third frames, a remnant left behind as the axis of the collapse shifts, but most of the material in the cloud is now off to the left, still in a more or less cylindrical distribution. The midline of the collapse actually shifted during the collapse; this very dense pyroclastic slurry of pulverized concrete, gypsum and building contents somehow shifted its center of mass away from its original location, centered on the core. And what is that odd vertical cloud of smoke at the center? A gravitational collapse should create a net downward movement of the dust cloud, without such a vertical jet of smoke. In fact close-up pictures of the WTC-2 collapse show the debris cloud being pulled back in toward the center of the collapse, indicating a negative pressure.

Some Thoughts in the Face of the Impossible

What could possibly be going on here? I really wish this were an artifact, that the resolution of the images wasn't good enough to quite make out what is going on. But the remarkable consistency between what we see in the video clip and in the still images, particularly the single shot taken the instant after it had turned to dust, creates the unavoidable impression that in some mysterious way the steel columns shatter into dust. Could stresses generated during the collapse have weakened the steel? Perhaps the shockwaves of those "dust ejections" (whatever name you may apply, they look a lot like explosions) that we saw during the collapses has changed the microcrystalline grain structure of the remaining steel in such a way that it became extremely brittle. Something very unusual has happened to these particular steel beams, something that caused them to not merely topple or crumple in segments but to disintegrate in place. It is difficult to imagine any mechanism during a gravity driven collapse that could so alter the structure of steel that it might disintegrate under its own weight - no amount of shaking can create that kind of metal fatigue.

The selectivity of the initial collapse that left behind this portion of the core while removing the rest is also difficult to explain. Consider how cleanly the cross-braces have been sliced off along that single column at the top, short pieces of the vertical plates welded to each of the core columns sheared off without so much as generating enough force to pull down this single unsupported column. Something very energetic has removed the rest of the building from around this slender structure with remarkable delicacy, shattering and utterly removing all but this small bundle of surviving columns. And at the same time something has caused the center of mass of the thousands of tons of debris from the building to shift several hundred feet from the original location during the ten seconds or so of its collapse, leaving the spire well outside the debris cloud that has spawned it. This cannot be wind drift, for the debris cloud was much too dense and fast-moving to drift like smoke.

Could electrostatic forces generated by movement of particles account for some of this? Could the pyroclastic slurry of the collapse function like a thunderhead or Van de Graff generator, perhaps accounting for the visible glow as well as the displacement of the dust cloud? Could electrostatic repulsion somehow push the dust cloud off to the side? The final bimodal dust cloud seems very inconsistent with the extreme symmetry of the early stages of the collapse, so some asymmetric force must be at work. And could the force involved also have created the bright glow visible in so many images of the collapses? The following picture (from Eric Huffschmid's "Painful Questions") shows the glow on the upper left, with debris flying out in all directions, but in an oddly asymmetric pattern:

Something inescapably strange is going on in these pictures, something no official explanation of the collapses has come close to accounting for. Beyond this I make no claims, and have no insider knowledge. Based on the photographic evidence there can be no question that explosives, and possibly other weapons systems based on "black technologies" were used in the WTC demolitions. Otherwise one can only suppose that the laws of physics underwent a profound but temporary change on September 11, 2001, as indeed the political and moral climate of our country underwent a dark and fateful change. And it is precisely this change that was clearly the intent behind the vast high-tech magic show that was 9/11. In politics as in physics, things do not happen for no reason.

Return to PlaguePuppy's Home Page

To me it seems like Jeffrey King here was a couple a years ahead of Wood...could she have gotten some of her ideas from him? I think it's possible, and maybe a part of the reason why the book needed to be published and promoted so heavily. Of course, keeping the recent lessons in mind, Jeffrey King could be part of the psy-ops.

Continuing along (at a snail's pace) with Wood's book:

On page 79 Wood compares the rubble height of the Kingdome demolition to what should have been present for WTC1/2. IMO she is being very generous since the Kingdome housed mostly empty space. Even allowing for WTC1/2 "dustification" of the concrete (and steel beams) there is still 100+ floors of rebar, miles of large pipe/conduit, and probably a large number of massive safes.

The seismic data for the WTC7 collapse in Fig 50 is so noisy that it is really useless for anyone's purpose. And what she does say about it does not seem to support any of the conclusions she presents at the end of the chapter.

Array/correlation processing techniques could be applied to the raw sensor data from all of the seismic sites to better characterize the signal and make comparisons of all the events (WTC1/2/7 and earthquake). For this you need the raw data with sensor transfer function backed out (notice the reference Wood made to the poles and zeros of the sensor transfer function). This should be fairly easy to do and would yield raw pre-detection data for all applicable sensors for all comparable events. Correlation processing can greatly boost the signal-to-noise for comparison of the events, and could be used for accurate interrogation of the duration of each event.

Decorrelation will occur due to differential distortion of the wavefront through the ground path to each sensor. This is similar to what the sonar folks deal with - distortion of the wavefront due to temperature/salinity variations in the water - causing what they call "crinkled wavefronts". Regardless, this array/correlation processing of all the raw sensor data would likely answer many of the seismic questions associated with the events.

I'll try to pick up the pace here shortly ...

A few impressions of Wood's book so far:

- It is worth the price for the fine pics alone.

- This doesn't seem like the work of a technically competent PhD. Discussion of the material is technically inadequate and does not highlight shortfalls in the data, or indicate what deserves additional analysis for researchers to follow up with (almost all good tech papers/books do this with some care). The book apparently wants to be the "end-all" analysis.

- Wording in numerous places is not technically correct. This does not usually happen when a good tech writer writes in their native tongue. This may be due to serious editing that she had no control over.

- It is possible that the two points above were intentional so as to convince the technically competent reader to discard it.

LQB said:
It is possible that the two points above were intentional so as to convince the technically competent reader to discard it.

Or to impress the layman into thinking that it's the final word.

Kniall said:
LQB said:
It is possible that the two points above were intentional so as to convince the technically competent reader to discard it.

Or to impress the layman into thinking that it's the final word.

Yep, could be either/or/and.

More observations on Wood's book:

- The "dustification" was obviously non-homogeneous. The best example of this is the "spire" that later turned to dust - impressively in Fig 122 on page 133. This could indicate that the application of the technology was not "perfectly" controllable.

- Whether or not you assume that the perps were concerned about collateral damage (Bathtub & neighboring buildings), they would certainly have carried out a serious worst-case engineering analysis as part of the prediction and demolition/design process. They would have wanted to know the likelihood of non-homogeneity or poor containment of the effects. This is particularly important since they probably had no test dry run to match the confined application.

- Figure 126 on page 136 showing stages of collapse of WTC1 looks very much like falling water. Very fine heavy powder acts physically like a liquid.

- It seems ever-more evident to me that another purpose (besides a domestic agenda) for the event existed - to demonstrate (threaten) the capability to various key powerful individuals. There could be many motivations but a key one might have to do with keeping the $ reserve currency afloat for as long as possible. It would be one major game card played.

Thought I'd copy this here from the movies section:

Very interesting "connections" indeed. In episode 1 (of James Burke's Connections) there is a long drawn out description of a large NE US blackout that occurred Nov 9 (11/9) 1965 at 5:16pm. A Niagara relay tripped off power in a loaded line and the overload on other lines brought down power from Boston to NY. At the time, Scandinavian airlines flight 911 (89 passengers) was on approach to Kennedy when the ILS went out due to the blackout (30 million in the dark). Flight 911 was at 2000 feet and heading straight for Manhattan when the pilot pulled the plane up and out.

At the end of the episode, the credits listed as follows:

United Nations Organization
Scandinavian Airlines Systems
World Trade Center
Mount Sinai Hospital
New York Port Authority
New York Transit Authority
o
o
o

Connections is a good name for this series.

Added: I still intend to get back to Wood's book ... eventually.

Back
Top Bottom