Show #21: Ice Age Cometh? Extreme Weather Events and ‘Climate Change’

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday 23rd June 2013: Ice Age Cometh? Extreme Weather Events and ‘Climate Change’

It’s midsummer in the northern hemisphere, where record rainfall and the coldest spring in living memory have European meteorologists forecasting ‘a year without summer’ for most of Western Europe. While climatologists got their long-term forecasts for global warming all wrong, do these environmental extremes nevertheless signal ‘climate change’, just not in the way the authorities have portrayed it?

Extreme weather events are happening globally. One direct result of this is widespread crop failure. This leads to food shortages, followed by increased inflation as billions of people find themselves priced out of being able to eat. Riots and revolution are never far behind. In fact, complex systems theorists calculate that we’re less than one year away from a fireball of global unrest. And that’s not all…

The geological record shows that the default climate for this planet is a very cold one. Ice Ages last up to 100,000 years and are separated by ‘inter-glacials’, narrow windows of relative warmth that last, on average, 11,500 years. Our civilization is currently situated on the tail-end of the Holocene inter-glacial, meaning that it’s just a matter of time before the next Ice Age.

How much time? Nobody knows. But in this week’s show we’re also going to examine the evidence for a synchronistic relationship between climate stress and the rise and fall of human civilizations within a more recent historical timeframe. Is it possible that humanity does play a role in modulating ‘climate change’, but perhaps not in the way environmentalists are suggesting.

Join us on SOTT Talk Radio this Sunday 23 June from 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT) as we discuss the coming cosmic winter.

Looking forward to this show! Given that we haven't really had much of a spring and that meteorologists are forecasting 'a year without summer', I wouldn't be surprised if this coming winter will awaken the masses and change the public view on climate change.

Great, great topic. (But I think so every week, so my remarks might get boring. :D)

I live in the countryside, so I am keeping an eye on the crops and talking to my neighbours who are farmers. The dairy farmer didn't sound worried. Grass will always grow, or so he said. But the corn here in the field does need sunshine and it is staying behind (again).

Excellent show! Thanks for making light & sense of the topic, of what feels like a barren situation. :)
The discussion on information theory, quantum physics, suffering caused by elites not implementing egalitarian society & frequency resonance between cosmos & humanity were bonus topics.
It's funny you guys mentioned China & US buying land & building cities in Africa - following China's presidential visit there back in April, Obama plans to do the same in July.

I think more people need to hear these shows. Many seem to shut off such topics or reality as it is as it threatens the sense, or illusion, of safety/security or are overconfident in their beliefs.
Thanks again, shared this, keeping faith.

Thanks for a great show guys, nicely handled coming around the reciprocal nature between man and cosmos in such a light and understandable way. I wonder how a person who isn't familiar with such views would respond.

Always getting better. Thanks you for enable to all stakeholders to have a show like this, who strive to communicate things that nobody else does (or misinform)

parallel said:
Thanks for a great show guys, nicely handled coming around the reciprocal nature between man and cosmos in such a light and understandable way. I wonder how a person who isn't familiar with such views would respond.
Is a great question for a great theme (and indicates a limit of the materialist philosophies. Natura interacts with the vibrations of the human specie!). For the masses the evidence of too many coincidences between certain disasters and certain power centers maybe finished calling the attention of a lot of people.

Another great show from the crew. I was intrigued by the idea proposed regarding information theory and the connections between the global mass consciousness and how the solar system interacts with it through a periodic cleansing. I would definitely agree that our system can be perceived as being a living organism. Fascinating concept!

Loved this show! Perhaps my favorite to date. :D

Huge thanks to All!

Eboard10 said:
Another great show from the crew. I was intrigued by the idea proposed regarding information theory and the connections between the global mass consciousness and how the solar system interacts with it through a periodic cleansing. I would definitely agree that our system can be perceived as being a living organism. Fascinating concept!

Eboard10, you speak for me, as well ~ couldn't have said it better, myself ~ Thank You :)

Finally got round to listening to this. I've probably said it multiple times but this was my favourite show yet. Especially I thought that the discussion towards the end was brilliant; very 'out there' for most people but really well reasoned, clear and interesting. Thank you very much :cool2:

Leòmhann said:
Eboard10 said:

Eboard10, you speak for me, as well ~ couldn't have said it better, myself ~ Thank You :)

Thanks Leomhann. If you are interested to learn more on the topic, I would suggest you have a read through the Mind and Cosmos thread which has some really interesting information on the subject. Laura has also posted an excerpt of her upcoming book in he topic - it's long but very informative:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,30378.msg395838.html#msg395838

I also found Shijing's post further down he page quite enlightening:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,30378.msg395963.html#msg395963

Eboard10,

Eboard10 said:
Leòmhann said:
Eboard10 said:

Thanks Leomhann. If you are interested to learn more on the topic, I would suggest you have a read through the Mind and Cosmos thread which has some really interesting information on the subject. Laura has also posted an excerpt of her upcoming book in he topic - it's long but very informative:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,30378.msg395838.html#msg395838

I also found Shijing's post further down he page quite enlightening:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,30378.msg395963.html#msg395963

Thank you so much for the links ~ the subject content, on quick perusal, for both links looks awesome!! Happy Friday & Thanks Again! :D

I likewise would like to thank Eboard10 for posting those links, I can't believe I missed that.
Also the show was great.

Back
Top Bottom