Show #29: All and Everything part 4

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday August 18th from 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT): All and Everything part 4

The U.S. Air Force announced recently that due to lack of funding it's shutting down a key part of its Space Surveillance Network... this at a time when fireball/meteor sightings are on the rise. While there is allegedly no budget left to keep an eye on the skies, the Obama administration is sending billions in 'military aid' to countries that are "important to U.S. interests," not least Egypt, where civil war appears imminent.

This discrepancy between 'waging peace' and wilfully ignoring the cosmic elephant in the living room is something no one but SOTT.net and SOTT Talk Radio is apparently willing to talk about. The historical reality of cataclysms brought on by 'fire in the sky' is daily merging with present reality as mysterious explosions, sonic booms, unexplained fires and other 'high strangeness' continue to proliferate...

Call in or send us your comments via the chatroom on the show page!

Thought I'd be away for this one but guess not :D

With the amount of discoveries being made in the sky & increased earth changes, disinformation around EMP & what's doing what... right down to "Carbon Pollution"... this doesn't come as a surprise.

The title "All and Everything" reminds me of Gurdjieff [off topic probably, came into mind]. Going to see if I can get some canning done whilst this is on, looking forward to it :)

Great! I think this is an urgent message that needs to be conveyed and talked about.

Recently, I read an article on Sott page 'The forgotten plan that put a ring of copper around the Earth' http://www.sott.net/article/264980-The-forgotten-cold-war-plan-that-put-a-ring-of-copper-around-the-Earth and Laura's 'Chemtrails? Contrails? Strange skies' http://www.sott.net/article/221199-Chemtrails-Contrails-Strange-Skies and it seems like by blowing up the atmosphere, among other things, those in power just invited a disaster. Was it meant to happened ? Probably. The Atlantis story mentioned by C's with their use of crystals because they were power hungry (sorry, I'm paraphrasing) kind of correlates with this story, osit. It's also curious, osit, that the year mentioned in the first article was 1963, when this experiment was completed, was the same year when JFK was killed (this fact was completely omitted in the article).

Really looking forward to hear all of you again. :)

Kniall said:
Sunday August 18th from 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT): All and Everything part 4

The U.S. Air Force announced recently that due to lack of funding it's shutting down a key part of its Space Surveillance Network... this at a time when fireball/meteor sightings are on the rise. While there is allegedly no budget left to keep an eye on the skies, the Obama administration is sending billions in 'military aid' to countries that are "important to U.S. interests," not least Egypt, where civil war appears imminent.

The radar fences used in the SSN (space surveillance network) generally rely on orbital objects flying through the "fence" of the transmit/receive antenna beams that remain relatively fixed in earth coordinates. So they are of little use at geosynch ranges (GEO) where objects are not likely to fly through the fence. In addition, at GEO ranges, these radars are not very sensitive.

The fences are most useful at LEO (low earth orbit) due to reduced range and the fact that many objects will fly through the fence multiple times per day. Multiple detection/tracks are use to associate the objects and improve the ephemerides of the track. The space junk is generally rotating randomly and occasionally presents a very low radar crossection (RCS) to the radar below its detection threshold. So objects are continually being lost and reacquired.

One of the primary missions of the SSN is to protect launch and operational satellites from collision/damage and predict when this might occur. This is done for commercial sats as well. Warnings often result in minor orbit adjustments to minimize the chance of collision. All operational sats can do this.

LEO sats are generally disposed of (at end of life) by forced re-entry - most just burn up - but the bigger ones can land junk of the ground. These big ones are accurately tracked by the ground telescope component of the SSN to predict any general land mass threat. This capability is not a primary mission function of the SSN - just a fallout of other requirements built into the system.

GEO sats are disposed of by boost to a super-GEO orbit where "graveyards" of these sats collect - out of the way of operational sats at GEO.

The radar fences are just one component of the current SSN, and the SSN requirements are not associated with protecting the earth in any way (as suggested by the author of a recent sott article about the fence shut-down).

As mentioned in the Space News article, the radar fence shut down is probably politically motivated to leverage funding for new components to the SSN - possibly space-based.

LQB said:
The radar fences used in the SSN (space surveillance network) generally rely on orbital objects flying through the "fence" of the transmit/receive antenna beams that remain relatively fixed in earth coordinates. So they are of little use at geosynch ranges (GEO) where objects are not likely to fly through the fence. In addition, at GEO ranges, these radars are not very sensitive.

The fences are most useful at LEO (low earth orbit) due to reduced range and the fact that many objects will fly through the fence multiple times per day. Multiple detection/tracks are use to associate the objects and improve the ephemerides of the track. The space junk is generally rotating randomly and occasionally presents a very low radar crossection (RCS) to the radar below its detection threshold. So objects are continually being lost and reacquired.

One of the primary missions of the SSN is to protect launch and operational satellites from collision/damage and predict when this might occur. This is done for commercial sats as well. Warnings often result in minor orbit adjustments to minimize the chance of collision. All operational sats can do this.

LEO sats are generally disposed of (at end of life) by forced re-entry - most just burn up - but the bigger ones can land junk of the ground. These big ones are accurately tracked by the ground telescope component of the SSN to predict any general land mass threat. This capability is not a primary mission function of the SSN - just a fallout of other requirements built into the system.

GEO sats are disposed of by boost to a super-GEO orbit where "graveyards" of these sats collect - out of the way of operational sats at GEO.

The radar fences are just one component of the current SSN, and the SSN requirements are not associated with protecting the earth in any way (as suggested by the author of a recent sott article about the fence shut-down).

As mentioned in the Space News article, the radar fence shut down is probably politically motivated to leverage funding for new components to the SSN - possibly space-based.

Thanks for this explanation. Do you have some figures?

Like detection rate, mimimal size allowing detection, number of objects detected daily / monthly, iIncrease in detected objects over the past years, prevalent origin of detected objects...

Belibaste said:
LQB said:

Thanks for this explanation. Do you have some figures?

Like detection rate, mimimal size allowing detection, number of objects detected daily / monthly, iIncrease in detected objects over the past years, prevalent origin of detected objects...

All of these quantities depend on which element of the SSN we are talking about (and what orbit regime). The radar fences, by far, end up the greatest number of detects/tracks, but that's because most of the junk is at LEO. I used to know some of these for the various elements but have forgotten - plus most of these would be classified.

Added: Most other countries like Russia/China/Aus have their own counterparts to the US SSN. The focus of each is a little different. I'm not sure about France but it might be worth a look.

LQB said:
All of these quantities depend on which element of the SSN we are talking about (and what orbit regime). The radar fences, by far, end up the greatest number of detects/tracks, but that's because most of the junk is at LEO. I used to know some of these for the various elements but have forgotten - plus most of these would be classified.

Thanks for your answer. I suspected there was not much publicly available statistics of this kind, unfortunately.

The cover-up of asteroid activity is so important that we had to generate our own chart displaying the sharp increase in incoming asteroids.

Here it is (compiled from the American Meteorites Society database):

ams_chart.jpg

Belibaste said:
LQB said:

Thanks for your answer. I suspected there was not much publicly available statistics of this kind, unfortunately.

The cover-up of asteroid activity is so important that we had to generate our own chart displaying the sharp increase in incoming asteroids.

Here it is (compiled from the American Meteorites Society database):

ams_chart.jpg

The more applicable statistics that you want are those associated with the SBV (space based visible) payload that flew on the MSX experimental sat. SBV was built and operated by MIT LL (Lincoln Labs) for Space Command and it quickly blew away what a network of ground telescopes were doing in terms of volume of tracks, track accuracy, and spatial throughput. A sat telescope has very few of the limitations associated with ground telescopes.

In their zeal to sell SBV, MIT LL has been very free with performance data in the open literature. Remember, SBV was an experiment - a cheap one that kept going like the energizer bunny. When I retired, it was still spitting out tracks.

Now, what can actually be done with SB telescopes shooting in stereo and marching around the visible sphere blows away anything in the current SSN. I know because I (among others) designed these sat architectures for Space Command in partnership with the optics experts. This was in the 2005-2007 time frame. Even then, I had my eye on asteroid detection/tracking - it works just as well for this mission as long as the dwell time is adjusted to resolve the object from the star background in DSP. Unfortunately the asteroid detection/tracking got no traction because there were no SSN requirements for it. That may be changing now. I posted about this a while back on the forum.

The SSN is primarily funded to maintain existing ops - they rarely get new systems. This may be changing too.

FYI Joe and Kniall: I emailed Mr. Carrota and it seems he may join you yet on the show in the future.

LQB said:
In their zeal to sell SBV, MIT LL has been very free with performance data in the open literature. Remember, SBV was an experiment - a cheap one that kept going like the energizer bunny. When I retired, it was still spitting out tracks.

Here is a pdf description of SBV by the MIT LL folks:

_http://ridl.cfd.rit.edu/products/publications/Lincoln%20Lab/11_2space.pdf

Here is an article on the SBSS visible sat that launched in 2010 as a pathfinder to a space-based system:

_http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/preventing-a-space-pearl-harbor-sbss-program-to-monitor-the-heavens-06106/

In the early days of SBSS acquisition, I did the best I could to convince Space Command to acquire 2 LEO sats for a single launch so that they could "pathfind" the stereo viewing op. I came close but they just did not have enough money allocated.

LQB said:

Here is an article on the SBSS visible sat that launched in 2010 as a pathfinder to a space-based system:

_http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/preventing-a-space-pearl-harbor-sbss-program-to-monitor-the-heavens-06106/

In the early days of SBSS acquisition, I did the best I could to convince Space Command to acquire 2 LEO sats for a single launch so that they could "pathfind" the stereo viewing op. I came close but they just did not have enough money allocated.

Interesting links. So those technologies enable to detect low earth orbit objects with a diameter as small as 20 cm. It means that the people who get those data can definitely see the current increase in asteroid activity.

Meanwhile NASA publishes a map of 1400 NEOs (more than 140 m diameter) and states "None of the asteroids pose a direct threat to Earth within the next 100 years", as a way to justify that they didn't predict the Chelyabinsk event because the asteroid was only 60 feet in diameter.

domi said:
FYI Joe and Kniall: I emailed Mr. Carrota and it seems he may join you yet on the show in the future.

We saw that Domi (he copied us on the reply), so we shall see. A nice maneuver on your part by the way.

Belibaste said:
LQB said:

Interesting links. So those technologies enable to detect low earth orbit objects with a diameter as small as 20 cm. It means that the people who get those data can definitely see the current increase in asteroid activity.

Yes, but those are fairly small telescopes. The ones I was dealing with were a meter in aperture diameter, and you can see much smaller at much larger range.

And yes, I'm sure that SBSS is seeing lots of bizarre tracks from this space debris. But the system that sees all of it is the SBIR (space based infra red) sensors at GEO. These sensors look for launches, explosions, etc, based on the heat. These sats are spaced around the earth at GEO, and continually scan the earth volume. They will definitely see the IR tracks of incoming rocks. If they would publish this data, I'm sure the trend would be very impressive! But I wouldn't be surprised if the system strips this data (tracks) - even from the users - the implications would be pretty scary to anyone.

Belibaste said:
Meanwhile NASA publishes a map of 1400 NEOs (more than 140 m diameter) and states "None of the asteroids pose a direct threat to Earth within the next 100 years", as a way to justify that they didn't predict the Chelyabinsk event because the asteroid was only 60 feet in diameter.

Yes, major BS. But I'm quite confident that a sat architecture of 1 meter telescopes operating in stereo acquisition could create an impenetrable detection fence for objects of this class, and yield significant and very usable warning. The current SSN hasn't got a chance of even seeing the big ones unless they know where to look - in other words their probability of detection over all incoming directions is squat.

BTW, radar is useless since for every doubling of range, your sensitivity is reduced by a factor of 4.

So if I'm following you LQB, they do have an adequate observation infrastructure in place?

Yet they pretend that they don't? And/or they keep the key data to themselves?

My inner conspiracy theorist has wondered since it happened if they were deliberately hyping 2012DA-14 in the lead-up to February 15th to distract from the real danger posed by the Chelyabinsk asteroid/comet fragment.

Back
Top Bottom