Show #3, Feb. 3rd 2013: Are Psychopaths Cool? Uncovering the predators among us

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Are Psychopaths Cool? Uncovering the predators among us

The term 'psychopath' is trending these days. We hear reports about the virtues of psychopathic qualities in all walks of life, from CEOs and political leaders to heart surgeons and soldiers. Popular references to psychopaths in TV shows like Dexter and movies like Seven Psychopaths would seem to suggest that psychopaths are not only generally known about and understood, but are also appealing to ordinary people.

But are psychopaths really cool? And what is a psychopath anyway? How many of them are out there and how long have they been around us? Everyone has an opinion about psychopaths, but are we all talking about the same thing? Bestselling books like Kevin Dutton's Wisdom of Psychopaths encourage people to 'unlock their inner psychopath'; does that mean we are all potentially psychopaths?

Back by popular demand, we'll again be joined this week by the indomitable Jason Martin as we discuss these questions and more with our special guest, Harrison Koehli, expert on the study of ponerology and editor of Red Pill Press, which published the underground classic Political Ponerology: A Science on the Nature of Evil, Adjusted for Political Purposes.

Join us live on air this Sunday 3rd February 2013, from 7-9pm UTC (11am-1pm PST, 2-4pm EST, and 8-10pm CET). Callers welcome!

There's that bent phrase I've heard that's mean't to give some sort of credence to the coolness of being a psychopath "bad men do what good men dream" - indicating something to the effect that the psychopath isn't inhibited by contrived moral standards like the rest of us are, so it follows we're all then secretly psychopaths too (if that "logic" was true).

So any emotional connection to other human beings or having some sort of real empathy is erroneous and just stops the average joe from pursuing his real desires by this line of thinking. Anyway, I don't agree with that "logic" because it's all hanging on an assumption our base motivations are always and only self serving, even if most of us are still in STS mode, the fact that even a small minority of people (such as here) sincerely strive for STO, indicates otherwise.

But the flip side of all that I was wondering about is do psychopaths dream? If bad men are fulfilling others or their own dreams, what are these dreams? I mean, it's interesting considering dreams can be very emotional experiences and often there's a sense of control being lost in the dream state and control is a big thing for Psychopaths. Or actually can they dream, does an OP have the capacity to? If not, might that be a way of identifying a real psychopath? Anyway, if you think it's on topic and worth discussing on the show Knaill, that would interest me a lot.

Kniall said:
Back by popular demand, we'll again be joined this week by the indomitable Jason Martin as we discuss these questions and more with our special guest, Harrison Koehli, expert on the study of ponerology and editor of Red Pill Press, which published the underground classic Political Ponerology: A Science on the Nature of Evil, Adjusted for Political Purposes.

This sounds like a very exciting show! Looking forward to listening. :cool2:

BTW the broadcasting is now: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sottnet/2013/02/03/are-psychopaths-cool-exploring-the-world-of-predators-among

Great show so far -- Joe, Kniall, Jason, Harrison, and a guest appearance by Laura :) Thanks for the discussion about Wolverine :cool2:

Just listening and was glad that this issue of disinformation through things like published books from people like Kevin Dutton et al. came up. The shear force of the publicists circulating these false ideas to the public at large, either through MSN articles, film and books from so called respected professors on the subject require awareness and correction. Yet to rebuttal when not in the favour of mainstream publicist and media in general, is a difficult task, and who will people believe in the end, being subject to authoritarian mechanisms.

This issues of the top down corporate Psychopaths also plays out within our world of commercial laws and the very corporate structures, that in effect, helps them hide their intents and scapegoats their actions.

Good conversation guys. :cool2:

Great show going on! Just to let you know, there appear to be a few technical problems. The first time I called, the call was dropped when I hit "1" and I've had to reload the radio show twice.

It is probably due to a LOT of Internet Superbowl traffic. Facebook and Google are having issues at well.

Guardian said:
Great show going on! Just to let you know, there appear to be a few technical problems. The first time I called, the call was dropped when I hit "1" and I've had to reload the radio show twice.

It is probably due to a LOT of Internet Superbowl traffic. Facebook and Google are having issues at well.

Yeah, I've been having problems this whole weekend with a variety of sites - including BTR loading slowly.

Really informative and excellent program, Joe, Niall, Jason, Harrison and Laura. I took pages of notes. Sorry to consume so much time by calling in twice. I was kinda nervous....:-/
Kudos to you all and I thank you for putting out such important information and addressing this issue that seems to keep sliding under the public radar.
I especially appreciated the points made about distinguishing between 'rightness' and 'goodness' and how important it is to network with others when iti comes to recognizing, dealing with and coping with psychopaths and their effects on those around them, whether upon individuals, small groups or whole populations.
Thank you all for doing this program. Kudos and much love to you all!!!!

excelent talk, i agree on the fact that isolation, charm, and all these details, are primary part of their modus operandi.
the best way, i think to catch somebody's attitude whether psychopathic or not is mainly look at the things around them, life, attitude towards others and people around them in general.

when you get the feeling that somebody is "changing your reality" thats for sure a psychological game.
if you feel bad about something emotions whether latent or clearly present about anything something is not right.

to catch their modus operandi is one of the most important things.

excelent show guys.

Mr. Scott said:
Guardian said:

Yeah, I've been having problems this whole weekend with a variety of sites - including BTR loading slowly.

Great show guys, thanks! I tried to post a question in the comments and it seemed like it went through but I don't think it ever showed up on the page. Do you guys check the comments during the show?

Boy oh boy, what a great show!
Thank you, Lisa, for calling and sharing your experience.

One thing - but it's a big topic - not addressed which I thought of in connection with the discussion of how psychopaths view themselves in relation to other people, is what Lobaczewski wrote in Ponerology, that they view normal people as being close to insane - and in a certain sense barely understandable - and see us as a danger.

A danger that is managed by e.g. wars as well as artififical famines (and nowadays, "food" and "medicine") that kill off large numbers of people that could potentially resist them in "unfavorable" circumstances.

And, I would add - in reading John Taylor Gatto's books - a danger that is also managed by the application of behavioral psychology throughout 12 years of schooling - a "scientific management" of the citizens that is designed to make them ignorant, indifferent, harmless, obedient, and willing to serve the aims of the future authorities of their lives. An idea apparently - judging by the qualities of the words of its intellectual "pioneers" - in large part dreamed up by schizoidal psychopaths.

Then - and not wholly unrelated - there is the "schock doctrine" and the ways it is applied to manage the population.

Personally, I think the psychopaths really nailed it with school as it exists today - without it, it's possible recent history would have turned out quite differently.

These subjects might perhaps fit if, as a follow-up topic on some occasion, you choose a more detailed study of what psychopaths do to "manage" the population when in power in a society - not just the obvious political acts, the power grabs, violations, atrocities and so on and so forth - the destructive "fun" - but the design and purpose behind many things done. (As an aside, there' also the question of who comes up with the more complex things used to manage populations: Are essential psychopaths capable of thinking of all these things, or do they first need more "clever" schizoidal types to do it for them before taking them and running with them? As appears to have happened with "education".)

Back
Top Bottom