Show #36 - Lierre Keith Interview: The Vegetarian Myth

voyageur said:
She is trying to call you folks back - we can hear both.

Yes there was a problem that the SOTT radio people couldn't hear her anymore but the listeners could....

A great show and a great and intelligent guest!

That was a really good show -- it was great to hear all of you together with Lierre, and it gelled really well. Thanks everyone!

Pashalis said:
voyageur said:
She is trying to call you folks back - we can hear both.

Yes there was a problem that the SOTT radio people couldn't hear her anymore but the listeners could....

A great show and a great and intelligent guest!

Great show! Thanks for having Lierre on the show, she really is so knowledgeable and engaging to listen to.

Two books that she mentioned was the Mood Cure by Julia Ross to help with depression, anxiety and fatigue, which is something she suffered from and Lost Language of Plants by Stephen Harrod, which came up when Lierre was discussing how plants form communities by feeding and helping one another as well as take measures to protect their young. So the whole thing about how it's okay to eat plants because they don't have nervous systems but it's wrong to eat animals is pretty much BS. Looking forward to adding those two books to the stacks of other books I need to read. :P

Also, I wonder if maybe Lierre was accidentally muted and that's why the hosts weren't able to hear her?

I enjoyed that show guys, I haven't read Lierre's book but it's on my list now. I think she was a wonderful person to interview.

Really great show, guys! Lierre is so well informed, it's such a pleasure to hear her speak. Hosts did a great job too. I was disappointed that the show had to be cut short due to the technical difficulties, but none the less, bravo! Definitely one of the better SOTT talk radio shows to date!

Added: thanks for posting those book titles, Turgon.

And she said, at the end, that the suggestion of continuing the discussion in another episode "sounds like a plan". So, maybe there'll be more to come.

That was a really great and topical show-Thanks team Sott! Great summary of all I've learnt on the Diet and health threads.

Psalehesost said:
And she said, at the end, that the suggestion of continuing the discussion in another episode "sounds like a plan". So, maybe there'll be more to come.

I hope so.

Added: thanks for posting those book titles, Turgon.

Thankfully Oxajil posted up the names of both books on the chat board. I didn't catch the name of the 2nd one, originally.

What a great guest Lierre Keith is! Terrific show you all and thank you.

Another excellent show! Thank you so much. Lierre Keith was great, loved every minute of the show. I'll be ordering her book for my son. Again, thank you to the whole Sott team for making these programs possible for us. :)

Well. What can I say? It left me speechless. I don't know the words that could express how grateful I am to All of you right now. Truly illuminating and simply unforgettable show! Thank you All, so much!

And if you have the information about Lierre Keith upcoming events, especially, in Los Angeles area, please let me know. I would like to hear her speak in person, if possible.

Thank you once again. :love:

Thanks for an excellent interview with Lierre Keith. I've ordered her book thru the public library, but this is definitely one to own.
Ditto for The Language of Plants. I had no idea that plants, bacteria, and other so-called primitive life forms had such incredible powers of communication and sentience, and it's mind-blowing that indigenous peoples could actually converse with plants.
Her knowledge is encyclopedic, and presented so clearly and concisely.
This show was a real learning experience.
Keep'em coming! :cool: :cool: :cool:

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Nice show!! It would be awesome if she join this forum and share and discuss information with everybody here! :)

Back
Top Bottom