Show #4 - Cosmic Catastrophe and Social Hysteria

Re: Show #5 Cosmic Catastrophe and Social Hysteria

Hesper said:
I think this show once again laid out for me just how important a "cleansing" can be, especially the introduction.

So this is the end result of the school system - trauma chambers. Of course they were always a little traumatizing, at least to highly sensitive individuals, but kids are now being treated like monsters for playing with toys. Little kids play with pretend guns at home to be like dad who's in the army, or to be like the superhero on TV, and no one bats an eye. But at school all of a sudden it's lock down and the kids are Will Smith in Enemy of the State. It's just absolutely terrifying. And if the parents don't do anything about it, if they actually accept that, well how could we expect to survive? I can't remember who originally said it, but a species that can't protect their young has no chance at survival. How true.

Also, the part about micronations was fun to think about! Just imagine what our national library would look like, or our happiness index, or a skill exchange where we would all meet up and swap skills once a month :P Sorry I'm just having too much fun with the idea. Anyways, I read a bit about them:

From _http://micronations.webs.com/

Micronations, microstates, imaginary countries, countercountries, unrecognized nations, or ephemeral states, are all terms for countries which have been declared independent by (usually eccentric) individuals or small groups, but unlike other such attempts, fail to achieve widespread diplomatic recognition. Many have only one inhabitant; others are larger. Most seem to consist of a single Grand Poobah, with or without a coterie of petits Poobahs. Talossa, however, counts over 50 citizens who have been part of its wild multiparty political structure. And there are reportedly 20,000 people with Hutt River citizenship or honours--more than several members of the UN!

<snip>

Remember, you represent your nation at all times. NATION. Not a cute little website that you call a nation. If you are going to play the game, play it right. Your purpose, whether serious or not, is to have your own country. Behave that way at all times, as if your nation were real. In this way, you will gain respect from your peers and gain greater standing in the micronational world.

The US govt doesn't take too kindly to such things:

Domestic Terrorism: The Sovereign Citizen Movement

Domestic terrorism—Americans attacking Americans because of U.S.-based extremist ideologies—comes in many forms in our post 9/11 world.

To help educate the public, we’ve previously outlined two separate domestic terror threats—eco-terrorists/animal rights extremists and lone offenders.

Today, we look at a third threat—the “sovereign citizen” extremist movement. Sovereign citizens are anti-government extremists who believe that even though they physically reside in this country, they are separate or “sovereign” from the United States. As a result, they believe they don’t have to answer to any government authority, including courts, taxing entities, motor vehicle departments, or law enforcement.

This causes all kinds of problems—and crimes. For example, many sovereign citizens don’t pay their taxes. They hold illegal courts that issue warrants for judges and police officers. They clog up the court system with frivolous lawsuits and liens against public officials to harass them. And they use fake money orders, personal checks, and the like at government agencies, banks, and businesses.

That’s just the beginning. Not every action taken in the name of the sovereign citizen ideology is a crime, but the list of illegal actions committed by these groups, cells, and individuals is extensive (and puts them squarely on our radar).

During the past year, we’ve had a number of investigative successes involving sovereign citizens. In one recent case in Kansas City, three sovereign citizens were convicted of taking part in a conspiracy using phony diplomatic credentials. They charged customers between $450 and $2,000 for a diplomatic identification card, which would bestow upon the holder “sovereign” status—meaning they would enjoy diplomatic immunity from paying taxes and from being stopped or arrested by law enforcement.

You can help. First, “be crime smart”—don’t fall for the bogus claims and scams of sovereign citizens. And second, if you have information on any suspicious activities or crimes, please contact us.

Although there does seem to be some precedent for doing this kind of thing through the Uniform Commercial Code (since all courts seem to display Maritime status), the current legal system has no way of dealing with this - as pointed out in Kniall's post above. As I've posted before, I know some that have tried these legal means and they are either in jail, fled the US, or are currently living a very hassled life.

Another way to look at it is to take a Jew in Nazi Germany. Does anyone think his/her fate would be different upon whipping out their sovereign/common law papers when confronted by Nazi Gestapo?

Kniall said:

[snip]

LQB said:
Although there does seem to be some precedent for doing this kind of thing through the Uniform Commercial Code (since all courts seem to display Maritime status), the current legal system has no way of dealing with this - as pointed out in Kniall's post above. As I've posted before, I know some that have tried these legal means and they are either in jail, fled the US, or are currently living a very hassled life.

Another way to look at it is to take a Jew in Nazi Germany. Does anyone think his/her fate would be different upon whipping out their sovereign/common law papers when confronted by Nazi Gestapo?

So very true, Kniall, and LQB that's a great point. It seems like it's up to the cosmos how things will end, and until then we'll just "learn as if we were to live forever" (Gandhi).

Hesper said:
Kniall said:

[snip]

LQB said:

So very true, Kniall, and LQB that's a great point. It seems like it's up to the cosmos how things will end, and until then we'll just "learn as if we were to live forever" (Gandhi).

Hesper, I meant to add to my post something and forgot. With regard to income tax (US), there is no law on the books requiring the average American to pay income tax. The laws that are on the books apply to government employees and residents of DC (and some possessions). Court cases are based on the assumption that IRS codes apply to all - they do not. The problem is that a judge and prosecuting attorney will do everything in their power to prevent this from becoming an issue at trial. There are several trial cases where the deliberating jury returned to the judge and prosecutor with a request for a copy of the law stating that the defendant was required to pay income tax. When they could not produce the law, the jury acquitted - end of story.

Apparently, everyone is required to file a return - but the tax computation is up to you.

I know (and have discussed this with) a local who runs his own HVAC business. He files dutifully every year but reports zero taxable income. After decades of doing this, he has never had a problem - because, by law, he truly has no taxable income (even though he makes a very good living). For safety sake, he keeps his house and other major assets titled in his daughter's name.

Added: I do not recommend that anyone attempt to do this without researching thoroughly and applying the results to your personal circumstances.

Just wanted to say thank you for another great show!

Great show! :D

I had just finished reading "Political Ponerology" and "Comets and the Horns of Moses" before listening to this broadcast. I'm glad I did. These provided a good backdrop of information for the concepts, actual events, and news articles discussed in the broadcast. Thank you for your insight and explanations. I agree with your analysis and reactions (to the news articles) in the show.

This social hysteria is really getting ridiculous, OSIT.

I wish to add more to the conversation but at the very least. thank you. Great show! So thankful to hear it.

Great show, everyone! My favorite yet. Very interesting callers and compelling flow to the whole thing despite tech. difficulties. I really wish I could have called in, but I have to listen to these after the fact. Alas!

Question for Perceval: I was poking around today for that John Brennan quote you played from his senate confirmation hearing and I couldn't find anything that zeroed in on it as a sound bite. I was looking to share it on my FB page by itself without commentary on it from a news source, etc (the Young Turks program included parts of it, but interspersed with monologue). Would you mind pointing me in the right direction if you have a moment?

SethianSeth said:
Great show, everyone! My favorite yet. Very interesting callers and compelling flow to the whole thing despite tech. difficulties. I really wish I could have called in, but I have to listen to these after the fact. Alas!

Question for Perceval: I was poking around today for that John Brennan quote you played from his senate confirmation hearing and I couldn't find anything that zeroed in on it as a sound bite. I was looking to share it on my FB page by itself without commentary on it from a news source, etc (the Young Turks program included parts of it, but interspersed with monologue). Would you mind pointing me in the right direction if you have a moment?

I believe it's in this post here:

http://www.sott.net/article/258564-The-American-Way-of-Life-Kill-Lists-and-Torture

Hope this helps!

Hesper said:
SethianSeth said:

I believe it's in this post here:

http://www.sott.net/article/258564-The-American-Way-of-Life-Kill-Lists-and-Torture

Hope this helps!

Absolutely, Hesper. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom