Show # 9 Iraq Invasion - Ten years later

Sorry folks! Couldn't stay connected to Skype, so that made it kind of hard to carry on with the show. It SEEMS to be working now...

What's really funny is that these various internet-related problems ALWAYS occur right during the radio show! Funny how that works... The internet can work just fine for the whole week, and all day Sunday, and then when it's time for the show...

Mr. Scott said:
What's really funny is that these various internet-related problems ALWAYS occur right during the radio show! Funny how that works... The internet can work just fine for the whole week, and all day Sunday, and then when it's time for the show...

Indeed.

Anyway, it is all clear here now.

As for the subject, watched the SotT featured film whereby there was a video discussing this John SteelJ who was a Dick Cheney/Petraeus buddy and appointee from the days of counterinsurgency in central America; a real dark man sent to Iraq to create murderous conditions - and then another called:

The-spies-who-fooled-the-world - yes you just mentioned it, "Curve-Ball"

The sound is not so good. For example: when you announce the book of Laura, the sound was excellent. But after that the sound is completely different. Like with vibrations.

Good night and thanks to you both for carrying on good show and discussions - guest callers, too!

Thanks for the effort guys, once more interesting and informative for anyone who's listening and wants to hear.

Another great show!! Joe really likes to play the sound of those comet-booms on high volume :P! A good reminder though of the ''enemy'' up there.

Learned some new things again by listening to the show, thank you guys. It's really sad what went on and is going on in Iraq right now. It sickens me to know the way they have been treating prisoners (and citizens for that matter), as if they're just nothing but air to them, and I remember from an article I read a long time ago that even children who were held in prisons during the invasion would be treated the same way, which broke my heart in many ways, and... British soldiers in a car loaded with bombs and dressed up as Arabs, I mean seriously, how more sick and low can you go? It reminds me of soldiers helicopter-piggybacking Taliban, i.e. help them with transportation (and weapons of course). They create the problems (with an agenda obviously), and with help from the media they make sure it looks like that the country is (still) in need of ''help''. And when it happens that some media reports the death of innocent people during a strike, shooting or bombing, we will get a nice ''apology'' from the people in high positions. As if that is going to bring anybody back. They don't care a thing about the people living there and are only interested in whatever suits their fancy at the moment. Just sickening, and often I'm just speechless. Now, I just needed to rant a bit!

Yes, thank you very much. This subject is so...shameful. It makes me angry, really angry.

Oxajil said:
Another great show!! Joe really likes to play the sound of those comet-booms on high volume :P! A good reminder though of the ''enemy'' up there.

Learned some new things again by listening to the show, thank you guys. It's really sad what went on and is going on in Iraq right now. It sickens me to know the way they have been treating prisoners (and citizens for that matter), as if they're just nothing but air to them, and I remember from an article I read a long time ago that even children who were held in prisons during the invasion would be treated the same way, which broke my heart in many ways, and... British soldiers in a car loaded with bombs and dressed up as Arabs, I mean seriously, how more sick and low can you go? It reminds me of soldiers helicopter-piggybacking Taliban, i.e. help them with transportation (and weapons of course). They create the problems (with an agenda obviously), and with help from the media they make sure it looks like that the country is (still) in need of ''help''. And when it happens that some media reports the death of innocent people during a strike, shooting or bombing, we will get a nice ''apology'' from the people in high positions. As if that is going to bring anybody back. They don't care a thing about the people living there and are only interested in whatever suits their fancy at the moment. Just sickening, and often I'm just speechless. Now, I just needed to rant a bit!

It is sickening and often or even most of the time words fail me, too.
This Steel guy giving an interview while his desk is dripping with blood. The arrogance of it all. They can do what they like AND get away with it. These journalists come in and they hear a man screaming 'Allah'. These people do not even have to cover it up anymore. They are getting away with murder and laughing about it. Or getting sexually aroused by it. OSIT.
And then to think that this Steel did the same thing in El Salvador. And God knows where else. And God knows what else they do to the children. This Iraqi general said that these people have lost their hearts.

loreta said:
Yes, thank you very much. This subject is so...shameful. It makes me angry, really angry.

I completely understand your and Oxajils' reaction. That is why I liked yesterday's show in particular, because Joe showed his outrage, too.
I kept hoping that some Iraqis would be able to listen to this show.

Thanks Niall and Joe. It is wonderful to hear how you cut through all this madness.

What can I say but yet another important broadcast. Thanks for your want and energy to be keeping this going.

Thanks a lot for the show guys! Listening to GB's speech was just harrowing. I remember as a teenager being baffled by how they can just stand there and tell lie after lie without feeling that twinge of embarrassment and shame.. well thanks to you I know the answer.

Mariama said:
This Steel guy giving an interview while his desk is dripping with blood. The arrogance of it all. They can do what they like AND get away with it. These journalists come in and they hear a man screaming 'Allah'. These people do not even have to cover it up anymore. They are getting away with murder and laughing about it. Or getting sexually aroused by it. OSIT.

Sadism is certainly a large part of why they do such things. Steel and the other torturers were under direct orders from Rumsfeld, and I remember reading at some point that images 'far worse than' what we saw from Abu Ghraib were circulated 'For Eyes Only'.

We discussed the three propaganda ploys they tried on people to sell them the war - Saddam's non-existent ties to 9/11, WMDs and Saddam being 'a bad man'.

It's obvious from the way they went from one line of BS to the next that the war hawks themselves didn't believe a word of it. The thing that connects many if not all of these US/Israeli 'NeoConservatives' is the 'might is right' 'philosophy' as articulated by Leo Strauss. Several of them were taught directly by Strauss, and the rest come from that same 'academic lineage' through the University of Chicago.

Shadia Drury has written some great stuff on the NeoCons' 'philosophy'. I haven't got this book but it looks like one to read: http://www.amazon.com/Strauss-American-Right-Shadia-Drury/dp/0312217838

In this interview she explains that NeoCons lie so freely because their mentor encouraged them to do so. It's not hard to see why psychopaths are drawn to it. Like Zionism, it has proven a very useful ideological vehicle for confounding the masses.

Their philosophy harks back to Plato and Athens, where rhetoric eclipsed truth. The Athenians talked a good talk about the equal rights of man and all that, but in reality it was an empire run by an elite. It's little wonder that today's 'philosopher-kings' identify themselves with the 'ancient founding fathers of democracy' - 'democracy' in the original sense, where only upper class males could vote and where "the wise few ruled over the vulgar many".

So today when we hear leaders and media talking heads wax lyrical with rhetoric about 'democracy', they are appealing to our 'rationality' by revealing their 'real' motive for 'regime change' in other countries.

I think that this is the most effective type of propaganda they have in their arsenal of BS. They have used it successfully in other 'theaters of conflict' before and since the invasion and occupation of Iraq. It's successful because the common understanding of 'democracy' is opposite to the Straussian/NeoCon conception. It's amazing that even after thousands of years, people still associate Athens with 'all those good things democracy gives us' (like the freedom to elect this coalition drawn from the elites over that one).

So the formula - 'We're bombing this country because its leader is a tyrant/dictator [the 'noble lie' part] who holds it back from becoming a 'flourishing democracy' like ours [this part is true]' - is sufficiently plausible with masses of people in the West because they have been programmed by wave after wave of propaganda to assume that democracy means - more or less - rule of the people, by the people for the people; a system that is fair, meritorious, and so on.

They've really done a number on us with this 'democracy' thing. If people saw democracy for what it really was, a totalitarian 'ideology' that masks the psychopaths' quest to rule us all in perpetuity... well, that'll be the day!...

Back
Top Bottom