Sinuses and kidney issue - parent trauma?

Gruchaa

Jedi
Hi,
I tried to find something on the forum about the trauma connected to the parents, but I need to ask couple of questions and I hope that you can help me navigate Where to learn more and how to start dealing with it. What I have learned is that emotions connected to the parents can turn into problems with sinuses and kidneys (which I have). Have you Heard about similar connection? Can you help me to find out What I should do to get rid/accept this? I found that you are saying that book „ healing development trauma” is good. Should I start with that? Also I am doing EE, but only once a week. Should I increase the frequency? I am thinking also about some tai chi lessons. Do you think it can help? Maybe you have some ideas. Thanks!

Also consider past life issues. Like, a person who dies in a fire from smoke inhalation might be born in the next life with asthma or something like that. "Healing Developmental Trauma" is an excellent start, and EE will help a lot, but you may need to think about some direct assistance such as NeurOptimal brain training and possibly Quinton Water therapy. Those would be my recommendations for possible exploration; all discussed here on the forum.

Hi,
I tried to find something on the forum about the trauma connected to the parents, but I need to ask couple of questions and I hope that you can help me navigate Where to learn more and how to start dealing with it. What I have learned is that emotions connected to the parents can turn into problems with sinuses and kidneys (which I have). Have you Heard about similar connection? Can you help me to find out What I should do to get rid/accept this? I found that you are saying that book „ healing development trauma” is good. Should I start with that? Also I am doing EE, but only once a week. Should I increase the frequency? I am thinking also about some tai chi lessons. Do you think it can help? Maybe you have some ideas. Thanks!

Hello Gruchaa, I have an idea: Try flushing with water. Kidneys can benefit from an increase in water consumption, as it will help to flush out any stones you may have lurking in there. The Adrenal Glands which nestle just above the kidneys will also benefit and your mood may improve as a result.
For Sinuses, you could try flushing with a Neti Pot; I'm sure you will be able to find one at a nearby apothecary, and there will be descriptions on search engines available on the Internet.
Trauma connected to parents is sometimes environmental; you are subject to the same toxins, viruses, bacteria and parasites when you live in the same house as other people and their animals. A good flush out and detox program may be beneficial for you, (and your parents).

Hi,
Hi Gruchaa,

Would you be able to specify exactly what problem you have with your kidneys and sinuses? I am not discounting that these things may be related to past life/parental trauma, but perhaps there may also be a physiologic explanation relating to your diet, lifestyle, or environment.

Thank you Laura, MusicMan and Keyhole for help on that.
I will read more about NeurOptimal brain training and possibly Quinton Water therapy.
MusicMan, I am drinking about 3l pure water every day, trying to flush the kidneys as you wrote. Regarding the neti pot, I haven't heard about that previously, thanks for that.

Keyhole,

Sure, my kidneys problem is (what doctors said) IgA nephropathy (IgAN), which is some kind of inflammation in my kidneys. My organism created IgA cells, which are produced to protect the organism (destroy the germs etc), but what happened in my case is that they attacked my healthy kidneys and start to destroying them. This looks like some kind of autoimmune disease. Last year I had to start my steroids treatment unfortunately and it's better right now, but I want to know what is the cause of that and fight with the cause, not only treat the symptoms.

When I asked doctors why I have that, they cannot said exactly, they do not know. Some told that this is genetics (but what I know nobody in my family have/had that), some that this came from sinuses problems (cause sinuses and kidneys have similar tissue structure). This theory looks the most probable for me.

My Sinuses problem is that I have chronically sinusitis since I was a teenager. When there is some weather change or I get cold, I have big sinuses (head) pain and running nose.

What can I say from the emotional point of view: I am the man who suppresses emotions inside. I am not the guy who will shout and bang with his fist if something is wrong. I would rather keep it insight and move on. I have realized that for the last year.
Why I am asking if this is connected to the parents, cause I am not living with them for 10 years now (when I started my studies) and I am not dependent financially since I started my job (6 years). In the other hand, I know that they have problems, and almost they have not talk to each other for some time. I know that this is their lesson, but I am very stressed about this and I just, you know, the kind of person who wants good for everyone. Additionally I have problem to talk about that with them, cause I am afraid that they will be mad at me or something like that. Do you know the ways to somehow deal with that?

Thanks for all the help!

What is your diet composed of?

And how is your digestion? Do you get food reactions, bloating, gas, constipation or loose stools?

IgA nephropathy is associated with a condition called "leaky gut", which involved the breakdown of the gut wall and can initiate immune reactions to foods, which can later affect immune cell activation which may influence the kidneys:

Elevated antibody titers to food antigens and increased intestinal permeability in IgA nephropathy (IgA NP) suggest that these factors may be interdependent and play a role in the pathogenesis of the disease. In 1989 IgA and IgG antibodies against eight common food antigens were examined in the sera of 35 IgA NP patients and 12 controls using the ELISA method. Intestinal permeability was determined in 29 IgA NP patients and 20 controls using the 51Cr-EDTA test. Both examinations were carried out in 17 patients. Twenty-one patients allowed the intestinal permeability examinations to be repeated five years later. Compared with controls, significantly elevated IgA antibody titers against gliadin, soy, HAV (salt extracted antigens of oat flour) and ovalbumin were found.

[Relationship between intestinal permeability and antibodies against food antigens in IgA nephropathy]. - PubMed - NCBI

Sinus issues are usually a sign of excess histamine (which is also an immune mediator) and again, is associated with food allergy/intolerance and gut issues.

For the last year I have been eating lots of vegetables, fruits. I am eating potatoes, rice, millet, buckwheat and pasta. I am using limited amount of salt (personally I am not salting, only this what is in products). I am drinking only black, green tea and water. No alcohol and no cigarettes. I have also diet with limited amount of proteins (cause what I was told it loads the kidneys. I am eating the gluten products and dairy, do you think that this can have impact? Should I exclude that?

And how is your digestion? Sometimes I feel heavily on the stomach and "feel it" Do you get food reactions, bloating, gas, constipation or loose stools? Food reactions, sometimes, i.e. when I will eat lots of onions or garlic (bloating). Also when I am eating hot/spicy dishes I get some problems and loose stools.

From my non conventional therapist I get recipe for diet for the "leaky gut" as you said. Do you think I should start this?
Here what she wrote there:
prohibited food:
- GMO Food
- Gluten and corn,
- cow milk,
- diary from cow milk;
- sugar,
- Highly processed food
- Legumes
- Eggs
- Soy, soya products

get rid of:

- Antibiotics (consult your doctor)
• Steroids
• Pesticides (examples of pesticide removal methods 5 sposobów na pozbycie się pestycydów z warzyw i owoców)
• Aspirin
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg Ibuprom, ibuprofen)
• Fluoride (toothpaste without fluoride)
• Tap water (contains chlorine)
• Excess omega 6 (soy, sunflower, corn and margarine, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame seeds, almonds as well as groundnuts and avocados made from them)

what eat for cure:
meat eater - a bone broth works well when the intestines leak, because such a broth contains collagen and amino acids, proline and glycine, which can help heal damaged cell walls.
WHO MEETS DO NOT EAT - instead of sea collagen and chlorella, which contains both proline and glycine.
2. fresh food full of probiotics and SCFA, i.e. short-chain fatty acids, like butyrate. yogurt, Amasaj, cheese, but not cow's milk (goat, sheep's milk)
3.FERMENTED vegetables containing organic acids that give adequate pH to the intestinal balance and probiotics that support their health. Sauerkraut is a great choice, homemade beetroot sourdough
If there is Candida overgrowth, you should refrain from fermented foods for some time.
4. Products based on coconut oil and generally coconut oil primarily, of course, organic and raw, are especially good for the intestines. MCFAs (medium-chain fatty acids) in the coconut are easier to digest than other fats, so it's better for a leaky intestine.
In addition, coconut coconut contains probiotics to support the digestive system
5. WHEELS Flaxseed and hemp seeds are a good source of fiber to help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria. But if our intestine is very seriously unsealed, very limited contact with fiber may be necessary and only in soluble form, as in fruits and vegetables. In special cases, it is permissible for a certain time to drink only natural, organic and freshly squeezed juices without fiber.
6. dishes rich in Omega 3, wild fish, salmon, but only from certain sources, because farmed fish contain a lot of mercury and antibiotics
7.Waater, pure in the sense drinking a lot.
8. powdered bio broccoli in tablets or powder

Suplements during "leaky gut":
• L-glutamine (key amino acid for intestinal tightness, take 2-5 grams 2 x per day)
- Probiotics (you should take a minimum of 50 billion pieces daily)
• Digestive enzymes (1 or 2 capsules before each meal)
• Licorice root (DGL) take 2 x 500 mg a day
• Quercetin (also good at ulcerative colitis) take 3 x 500 mg per day during a meal.
• having in mind that many autoimmune diseases are also associated with too low levels of vitamin D, it should be supplemented with vitamin D3 + K2 TiB in a minimum of 40 to 60 D3 units per kilogram body weight ..
• ALSO pay attention to the levels of B12 (homocysteine), B9, or folic acid, and the B vitamin in general
• Iodine. Let's also remember that Hashimoto is primarily a lack of selenium.
• vitamin C
• selenium

Do you think I should start this?

Why I am asking if this is connected to the parents, cause I am not living with them for 10 years now (when I started my studies) and I am not dependent financially since I started my job (6 years). In the other hand, I know that they have problems, and almost they have not talk to each other for some time. I know that this is their lesson, but I am very stressed about this and I just, you know, the kind of person who wants good for everyone. Additionally I have problem to talk about that with them, cause I am afraid that they will be mad at me or something like that. Do you know the ways to somehow deal with that?

If you enjoy Jordan Peterson's videos, you will find his book "12 Rules for Life" even more helpful. He and other psychologists developed the self-authoring program where you can explore several issues and work them out through writing.

Reading "Healing Developmental Trauma" might be a good start and calming down the body's reactivity with NeurOptimal will also help enormously.

According to research, problematical autoimmune kidney disorders are often linked with gluten, more specifically WGA (wheat germ agglutinin):

The Dark Side of Wheat - New Perspectives On Celiac Disease and Wheat Intolerance - by Sayer Ji

WGA is classified as a lectin and is known to play a key role in kidney pathologies, such as IgA nephropathy. In the article: "Do dietary lectins cause disease?" the Allergist David L J Freed points out that WGA binds to "glomerular capillary walls, mesangial cells and tubules of human kidney and (in rodents) binds IgA and induces IgA mesangial deposits," indicating that wheat consumption may lead to kidney damage in susceptible individuals. Indeed, a study from the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan Italy published in 2007 in the International Journal of Cancer looked at bread consumption and the risk of kidney cancer. They found that those who consumed the most bread had a 94% higher risk of developing kidney cancer compared to those who consumed the least bread. Given the inherently toxic effect that WGA may have on kidney function, it is possible that in certain genetically predisposed individuals (e.g. HLA-DQ2/DQ8) the body – in its innate intelligence – makes an executive decision: either continue to allow damage to the kidneys (or possibly other organs) until kidney failure and rapid death result, or launch an autoimmune attack on the villi to prevent the absorption of the offending substance which results in a prolonged though relatively malnourished life. This is the explanation typically given for the body’s reflexive formation of mucous following exposure to certain highly allergenic or potentially toxic foods, e.g. dairy products, sugar, etc? The mucous coats the offending substance, preventing its absorption and facilitating safe elimination via the gastrointestinal tract. From this perspective the HLA-DQ locus of disease susceptibility in the celiac is not simply activated but utilized as a defensive adaptation to continual exposure to a harmful substance. In those who do not have the HLA-DQ locus, an autoimmune destruction of the villi will not occur as rapidly, and exposure to the universally toxic effects of WGA will likely go unabated until silent damage to distant organs leads to the diagnosis of a disease that is apparently unrelated to wheat consumption.

Loss of kidney function may only be the "tip of the iceberg," when it comes to the possible adverse effects that wheat proteins and wheat lectin can generate in the body.

Hello Gruchaa, I have an idea: Try flushing with water. Kidneys can benefit from an increase in water consumption, as it will help to flush out any stones you may have lurking in there. The Adrenal Glands which nestle just above the kidneys will also benefit and your mood may improve as a result.
For Sinuses, you could try flushing with a Neti Pot; I'm sure you will be able to find one at a nearby apothecary, and there will be descriptions on search engines available on the Internet.
Trauma connected to parents is sometimes environmental; you are subject to the same toxins, viruses, bacteria and parasites when you live in the same house as other people and their animals. A good flush out and detox program may be beneficial for you, (and your parents).
I read here http://www.equilibrauk.com/Quinton/Quinton_Applications.pdf that spraying Quinton Water into the sinuses each day helps resolve sinus problems.
Quinton Isotonic Nasal Spray (150 ml bottles)
Some people mistakenly believe that this nasal spray contains a mixture of water and salt. This, however, is not the case. Salt is highly irritating to the mucus membranes and it has no anti-inflammatory or healing properties. [surprising to read since every ENT has recommended a Netti Pot, though salt buffered with baking soda is recommended] The spray contains Quinton Isotonic Solution.

• Colds: From the onset of any nasal congestion or the appearance of runny or stuffy nose, spray 4 to 6 times a day into each nostril.
• Sinusitis: Acute sinusitis: see Colds.
• Chronic sinusitis: Spray 3 to 4 times a day into each nostril. Avoid milk, beer, sweets and junk foods.
• Excessive dryness of nasal cavities: Spray once into each nostril on a regular basis, morning and evening.
• Allergies: Spray 3 to 6 times a day as needed.

From my non conventional therapist I get recipe for diet for the "leaky gut" as you said. Do you think I should start this?
Here what she wrote there:
prohibited food:
- GMO Food
- Gluten and corn,
- cow milk,
- diary from cow milk;
- sugar,
- Highly processed food
- Legumes
- Eggs
- Soy, soya products
These are generally good recommendations to start off with, if you are not doing them already.
Suplements during "leaky gut":
• L-glutamine (key amino acid for intestinal tightness, take 2-5 grams 2 x per day)
- Probiotics (you should take a minimum of 50 billion pieces daily)
• Digestive enzymes (1 or 2 capsules before each meal)
• Licorice root (DGL) take 2 x 500 mg a day
• Quercetin (also good at ulcerative colitis) take 3 x 500 mg per day during a meal.
• having in mind that many autoimmune diseases are also associated with too low levels of vitamin D, it should be supplemented with vitamin D3 + K2 TiB in a minimum of 40 to 60 D3 units per kilogram body weight ..
• ALSO pay attention to the levels of B12 (homocysteine), B9, or folic acid, and the B vitamin in general
• Iodine. Let's also remember that Hashimoto is primarily a lack of selenium.
• vitamin C
• selenium
This is the common approach to "leaky gut". It should be noted, however, that leaky gut is not necessarily something that can be fixed by taking external supplements. These CAN have a beneficial effect, but the mechanism which causes leaky gut in the first place is an activated immune response.

Leaky gut (intestinal permeability) is a natural and optimal response to something which triggers the immune system located in the lining of the gut wall. The technical name for this is called the "inflammasome", and the body should ordinarily be able to shut this down when it is no longer beneficial. If it cant do this, then the gut remains leaky. It is useful in these cases to investigate what factors are driving immune activation - for example: underlying environmental toxicity, chronic stress or dysregulated stress hormones, food allergens/intolerances/heavy intake of toxic plant compounds like oxalate, and nutrient deficiencies.

To make this practical, I think transitioning away from problematic foods like grains, and moving towards a more basic dietary template whilst maintaining high nutrient density is important. Broths, meats, fish and shellfish, organs, and green vegetables are a good place to begin with. A good quality probiotic can be useful (my personal favorite is spore-based probiotics such as "Thrive"), lots of broths, and adequate proteins. Also, making sure that sleep is optimal (not too late after 10pm), and aiming for around 7.5-9 hours each night.

It is useful in these cases to investigate what factors are driving immune activation - for example: underlying environmental toxicity, chronic stress or dysregulated stress hormones, food allergens/intolerances/heavy intake of toxic plant compounds like oxalate, and nutrient deficiencies.
In regards to oxalate overconsumption, this lecture is interesting for anyone interested. Apparently, nowadays 80% of kidney stones are oxalate kidney stones.

Hi Guys,

Today I have done some tests and results are not so good:
Blood results:
creatinine -2,53 mg/dl (5 months ago I had 2.41)
potassium 4,80 mmol/l - still ok?
Calcium total 2,50 mmol/l - still ok?

Urine results:
24-hour Urine Protein Test - 0.2g/24h/2.75l
ph - 6.0
Specific weight - 1.012 g/ml

Kidneys looks like not in the best shape. Do you know maybe some methods to somehow regenerate kidneys/kidney glomerulus and decrease the Creatinine in the blood?

Tomorrow I will go to my Nephrologist, but I do not think there is any solution using conventional medicine.

Thanks!

Tomorrow I will go to my Nephrologist, but I do not think there is any solution using conventional medicine.

Hi Gruchaa, I’m sorry to hear that your latest bloods weren’t looking too good. Reading this thread made me think of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)- Chinese herbs, acupuncture etc.
From what little I came across about TCM in my Naturopathy course (TCM was another course with only a slight overlap with mine), kidneys in Chinese medicine are the seat of fear. Here is a little extract about kidney in TCM:
Kidney/Bladder Health
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Kidney is the powerhouse of the body, supplying reserve energy to any organ running low on Qi. Its partner organ is the Bladder.
The season associated with the Kidney is the Winter so it’s especially important to slow down and conserve energy by getting more rest!

The Kidney stores reserve energy called “pre-natal Qi” inherited from your parents. When another organ is low on energy, the Kidney sends it an extra Qi boost from this inheritance. (so it could even be that some of your other organ systems are low, and draining the kidney energies)

The ears are the sensory organs related to the Kidney. Any ear problems, such as deafness, tinnitus, or ear infections are a signal from your body that the Kidney’s energy needs extra support.

The bone is the tissue associated with the Kidney. If the Kidney’s energy is low, you may have symptoms such as osteoporosis, dental issues, or developmental issues.

The taste that corresponds to and supports the Kidney is salt, according to the Five Element theory. Craving salt? Listen to your Kidney and have a salty snack!

Fear is the emotion associated with the Kidney. If you often have severe panic attacks, anxiety, and fear, your body may be trying to tell you that Kidney energy is running low or is imbalanced.
Kidney Health | TCM World

There are herbs that can help as well, but to be honest I’d look for a good TCM practitioner or an acupuncturist, because the kidney maybe symptomatic of some other imbalance or organ issue.
Treatment of kidney disease with traditional Chinese herbal medications

@ Starshine
Yes, I have started but also understand that this takes time to work. I need to stick to the diet and be patient I suppose.

@ Arwenn

Thank you, I will try to find some good Chinese Therapist in Warsaw.

Back
Top Bottom