Smartphones, Laptops, Microwaves and other household electronics

Andrey

Jedi
What are the consequences of holding a smartphone in your hand all day? How harmful is it?

Are microwaves harmful? What is happening to the food? Whats happening when we eat it?

What about laptops ans desktops? They seem less harmful than holding a phone in your hand all day so I've been using my laptop to work or read or browse rather than taking the convenient route of doing everything on my phone.

Even Wi-Fi is causing problems.

The C's have warned about regular household electronics so wanted to know more. Ive been using the search function but couldn't find anything specifically about household electronics. I particularly want to know more about smartphones and whats happening to us when we hold it.

I wouldn't hold the phone in my hand all day. If it's on your belt buckle, have the transmitter pointing away from you. Put it in 3G/CDMA mode if you can. 6 feet is a safe distance for 3G. You can load some webpages and put the phone in airplane mode to read them. Not sure about microwave ovens, but I still use them for food.

For laptops and desktops, put them in airplane mode and disable the wireless card in device manager (Windows). Turn off WIFI routers especially when you're sleeping. Did you check this thread out: EMF Exposure ?

Scottiestech.info has some good content on EMFs. There were also some good podcasts that SOTT did on EMFs and limiting exposure.

There's a few other ways on a Windows computer to go about doing something similar. By this I mean stop your lappy or puter from beaming you with various EMF, at least this is how I understand it to work.

You can either click the computer monitor icon next to the volume control on the bottom right of your screen, and from there turn off your Wi-Fi and turn airplane mode on. Another way is that you can go to your Network and Internet settings and click the Wi-Fi section to turn that off and the Airplane mode section and turn it on. Here's a quick video that shows what I mean:

Doing it this way doesn't disable the Wi-Fi capability entirely like what 3D student suggested, but it does turn off the signals so that you're not blasting yourself at all times. I like this method because I occasionally use Wi-Fi to update things on my phone, and it allows me to turn things on and off from the same menu.

Edit: clarification

Last edited:
I understand that microwave ovens are prohibited (please correct me if I'm wrong) in Russia.
So they are obviously considered as unhealthy there.

On the other hand the C's seem to have okayed these ovens in one of the earlier sessions... :huh:

For laptops and desktops, put them in airplane mode and disable the wireless card in device manager (Windows).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I just found out that although I've put my Laptop on airplane mode since the very beginning and carefully checked that both W-Lan and Bluetooth are not on, they were in fact on all the time!!!

It turns out that in Windows 10 W-Lan and Bluetooth are not out if you do the simple "out" click! You really have to go into the cards themselves as you mentioned and deactivate it there. Windows is sneaky!

I understand that microwave ovens are prohibited (please correct me if I'm wrong) in Russia.
So they are obviously considered as unhealthy there.

On the other hand the C's seem to have okayed these ovens in one of the earlier sessions... :huh:
Looks like they were banned in the 70s, but not anymore.

Retooling one's life so that you no longer need a cell phone is bordering on essential practice these days, I think.

We must remember that the human race got along just fine without cell phones for its entire existence until only about 20 years ago. While many aspects of modern life have morphed around cell/smart phone culture to the point of its being arguably indispensable, I think it's one of those forces well worth resisting.

I consider cell phones in most use cases scenarios a convenience at best and an addiction at worst.

For instance, waaaay back in the late 90's, my mom got a cell phone for the car, "in case of emergencies". That was the reason used by many early adopters, and it softened the market up for further acceptance. And notwithstanding a few anecdotes here and there, how often, really, does a person find themselves stranded by the side of the highway, far from civilization? I'd argue that it takes some effort/negligence to create that condition these days.

I've met many moms who insist on their children carrying a cell phone so that they are within constant digital reach. -Going so far as to get up in arms when schools try to prohibit students from bringing cell phones into classrooms. That's a new thing, for sure!

Many businesses expect their employees to be reachable at all times regardless of location, to the point where it may not be possible to perform one's job function these days without being linked up to the cell phone system. That's probably one of the more egregious infiltrations of the tech into our lives.

But nonetheless, it all comes down to invoking will power and the willingness to building strategic enclosures. The first, best way to lower your exposure to cell phones is to not have one.

Whatever a person needs to do to re-organize their life to achieve this can be done. It's the rare case where it's simply impossible to get along without a portable phone in one's pocket, and I'd argue that declarations to the contrary are likely bourne of addiction rather than any real necessity.

Personally, for no other reason than curiosity and interest, I decided to try to make a cellphone-free lifestyle a priority back in the early 2000's when it was possible to treat it all like a low impact game, making simple choices to circumvent the gradual take-over moves used by the telecom companies. Today, my phone is an old wired model hitched up to a skype-style modem. My computer connects to the internet via ethernet cable plugged into a router with no Wifi. When I'm away from home, I keep the Wifi turned off on my laptop. Messages can wait and if people can't reach me.., so what? Very, very little in the world is of such critical importance that it can't stand being a little patient. -And in terms of missing out on all the clever smart-phone features... Well, I have to say, it's pretty cool being comfortable reading a map while walking or driving around a new area, and having to remember facts and figures without Google's help. All the outsourcing of mental tasks people do these days has taken a toll far more rapidly on the population than I ever would have guessed.

Granted, I find myself largely detached from the greater social media ecosystems, but from what I can see, those bear more in common with bird flock movements and herds of sheep than they do with the concerns of higher beings. I have to wonder if humans have ever been trained into such constant mob-like thinking before these modern times? Instant messaging platforms seem to pull people into surface-level awareness patterns and group-think and lock them there. The effect is so profound that I strongly suspect it to be a Matrix control mechanism and/or trap specifically designed to lower the vibration of entire populations, guiding people away from normal pathways of growth. -Like gently pushing a baby back to the floor when it might otherwise try to graduate from crawling to walking. Maybe that's hard to see unless you're detached from the cell phone universe, but it's a very stand-out feature of modern life in my eyes. It's damned weird, in fact.

Now I will use Wifi sometimes when I'm on the road or if my curiosity just gets the better of me when I'm at a cafe, but those are rare circumstances. For the most part, my sans-cellphone lifestyle doesn't inconvenience me at all. I don't notice not having the ability to connect to the web while walking around because I never had it in the first place, and the psychological benefits are fairly obvious. I mean, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, or even in any given room, but I can't help but notice that I seem with ever greater facility to be able to run circles around people as the years go by.

Partly, I think, this is due to SOTT style consistant learning and de-toxing, etc., but I strongly suspect it has just as much to do with the people around me actively regressing. You can be a mediocre specimine and simply not decay when everybody else is melting down to eventually be the most powerful person standing.

All of which is to say...

People can get along without their cell phones and would probably benefit from doing so.

Last edited:
a really good rant on smartphones and the road we will all take to SLAVERY ...
recent you tube upload ... JUNE 19 2019 ...
You Are Being Groomed . . . ( By amazing POLLY )
30 minutes long ...

I think I heard on the web somewhere about disabling the WIFI adapter in Windows, maybe on Scottiestech.info. I knew that my work laptop had it disabled, but didn't realize that I had not disabled it on my home laptops, both my current and former one! I just had the software switch off or in airplane mode.

So I re-enabled the WIFI adapter on my Win 10 machine and ran my Acoustimeter across the laptop, and couldn't really find a signal spike. But then again I was not connected to any networks. Not sure if there are periodic burts of WIFI that get transmitted if it's on but not connected. So not really conclusive. I should connect to a network and see if it spikes.

I just wanted to know how long I may have been being blasted with WIFI if the adapter was enabled. My previous laptop, and old Vista PC, had its hard drives just wiped. But I forgot to check it for EMFs with the WIFI adapter still enabled. I may have an image I could load back onto it or I could use the reinstall discs. Not sure if it's worth it though. Anyone else have an EMF reading device and can confirm if you need to disable the adapters to fully block WIFI and Bluetooth EMFs?

I wouldn't hold the phone in my hand all day. If it's on your belt buckle, have the transmitter pointing away from you. Put it in 3G/CDMA mode if you can. 6 feet is a safe distance for 3G. You can load some webpages and put the phone in airplane mode to read them. Not sure about microwave ovens, but I still use them for food.

For laptops and desktops, put them in airplane mode and disable the wireless card in device manager (Windows). Turn off WIFI routers especially when you're sleeping. Did you check this thread out: EMF Exposure ?

Scottiestech.info has some good content on EMFs. There were also some good podcasts that SOTT did on EMFs and limiting exposure.

We are exposed to EMF everywhere we turn,Its coming down on us like a tsunami. I am not sure how long most folks can stay away from using a smart phone.It will be playing an integral role in humanity death and survival on this planet.From what i have learned so far the EMF from our cell phone is similar to the EMF from a microwave oven. The trouble is we tend to abuse the former.
The laptop allow the least amount of EMF exposure especially if its connected through the ethernet.
Listen up we have to do some quality research to increase our knowledge on this topic for greater protection. . The C's proposed we use silk to reduce the effect.

Silk is not the only thing the Cs have proposed, although it gets a lot of attention. You can avoid the vast majority of EMF if you simply buy an EMF meter and learn about your environment. Then of course you can ask the question, what about the harmful stuff the EMF meter doesn't pick up? I suspect that may be more what the silk is for, as it doesn't seem to have any direct mechanism of action against EMF.

I'm using an old Thinkpad (T410) and I appreciate very much the hardware wifi switch.

Back
Top Bottom