Smoking is... good?

Smoking stops me from over eating and I am already eating too much while smoking- that really is my biggest concern about stopping… ive struggled with eating disorders and a deranged relationship with food most of my life and I don’t want to trigger that off.
I started the second pregnancy at 85kg, for a 1.67m height. It was a very difficult 9 months ride, although I was 27yo, because of a difficult job and a genetic dysfunctional gallbladder (inter alia) I did not know about. It is what it is, but as you have decided, there should not be room for negotiations, IMHO.
Just imagine you have never smoked and you have no idea what smoking is and treat the eating with moderation. Imagination is a very powerful tool. Big hug to you Both.

The nausea is such a pain isn't it?

FWIW, mild ginger tea (fresh grated) and red raspberry leaf tea helped me. Don't overdo the strength of the ginger tea (experience talking here). The raspberry is a time-honoured remedy for expectant moms. Hope that helps.

Why do you think you are overeating? Are you going past what has been recommended? You can't measure your food intake against what you would normally eat. "Eating for two' isn't just a saying. As I said, I ate the amount that made me feel good, sometimes more, sometimes less than the "list". If you need more food than you're used to, then go (cautiously) ahead. If you need more carbs, just try to make sure they are nutritious carbs. The type of food matters the most. I understand you are afraid of falling back into old patterns after making so much progress, but the baby is running the show for now

Last edited:
The nausea is such a pain isn't it?

FWIW, mild ginger tea (fresh grated) and red raspberry leaf tea helped me. Don't overdo the strength of the ginger tea (experience talking here). The raspberry is a time-honoured remedy for expectant moms. Hope that helps.

Why do you think you are overeating? Are you going past what has been recommended? You can't measure your food intake against what you would normally eat. "Eating for two' isn't just a saying. As I said, I ate the amount that made me feel good, sometimes more, sometimes less than the "list". If you need more food than you're used to, then go (cautiously) ahead. If you need more carbs, just try to make sure they are nutritious carbs. The type of food matters the most. I understand you are afraid of falling back into old patterns after making so much progress, but the baby is running the show for now
Thanks, I’ll give the raspberry and ginger a try, raspberry leaf is heralded to be good for uterine tone too, I have some in the cupboard that I was smoking to replace nicotine a few years ago, I wonder if it’s still good for making tea with.

Why do I think I’m overeating ? Hmmm … I ask myself that every day. Before pregnancy it was normal for me to eat a lot on a day then fast and restrict for the following days, it’s been a cycle I’ve been in for much of my adult life. Now I’m just eating a lot day after day a little bit obsessively, I’m thinking about my next food while I’m still eating the food that’s in front of me. There’s an element or boredom most definitely, that goes with smoking as well. I’ve always been discontent, nothing really interests me much and I use escapism through food, smokes, there have been other drugs in my history, over exercising, anything that can be used as an addiction I’m pretty great at utilising it. I even got addicted to meditating at one point and my whole day revolved around being excited about the three hours I was gonna check out for at the end of the day.

The food is a problem because I’m extremely sensitive, my digestion has come to an almost standstill from the hormones and I’ve had to incorporate vegetables which I barely tolerate but don’t ‘go’ if there’s not enough bulk. I had only just fixed my digestion and now I’m back at square one, magnesium citrate is my best friend right now.
I’m sensitive to plants, this includes tobacco, and ideally if it didn’t send me into a cascade of bizarre compulsive thinking I would be on a strict carnivore diet for the rest of my life. I’ve tried it numerous times and it’s the diet for my body, but I’m not in control enough of my mind to sustain it. I end up bingeing and feeling like a giant idiot.
At the moment I’m counting my carbs and slowly reducing them and this gives me room for a little something that keeps my crazy food demons (that’s exactly what they feel like and could possibly be something like that) happy….
I’ve hijacked this thread about food a little but it does tie into smoking, the concern that I’ll replace the smokes with more food, and that’s a pretty common side effect of giving up smoking, I’ve tried to quit a few times and just end up thinking about what else I can put in my mouth… it’s a real battle that most who quit know about…. And it sucks a lot.
Baby is running the show for sure, I can barely concentrate on anything. It’s all about her.

Not many people know that cigarette producers adds a chemical substances to cigarette to increase taste and stimulating effect of nicotine. I don't recomend to buy this cigarettes but you can buy special cigarettes that don't have this substances. You can also buy paper type filter and do your own cigarettes in home. Most cigarets have plastic filters. How do we know what effect this plastic filter can have on human health? Maybe we will know in the future.

Here is interesting article about good side of nicotine. In the future nicotine may be used as cheap medicine.

Translated automatic by google translate.

Nicotine stimulates neurons? There is a bright side to this drug​

Smoking cigarettes is as addictive as hard drugs. However, the responsible nicotine also has its brighter side - it improves the functioning of gray cells and can help in the treatment of diseases.

Ewa Nieckula
August 24, 2020 · Read in 7 minutes

Nicotine is a natural insecticide. Plants such as tobacco produce it to repel pests. Effective: nicotine disrupts the neurotransmitters in insects and kills them. The human nervous system works very much like an insect's. A substance that is deadly poison to insects gives people pleasure if it is taken in small doses. Like those in cigarettes. And even these small doses can cause extremely strong addiction. The results of scientific studies show that we underestimated the power of nicotine.

Nicotine affects the nervous system, causing pleasant sensations. How pleasant? In the experiments conducted by Dr. Jack Henningfield from Johns Hopkins University administered intravenously in ever-increasing doses caused euphoria comparable to the effects of taking hard drugs: cocaine, amphetamine or morphine.

The smoke works instantly​

The smoker does not experience such strong experiences because cigarette smoke contains small amounts of nicotine. But they are enough to start trouble. All addictive substances - heroin, cocaine, alcohol, amphetamine or nicotine - have much in common. Because although they affect the nervous system in different ways, the end result of their use is similar: they cause addiction. Prof. Sharon Hall, from the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, says it's easier to get off heroin than to quit smoking. Most addictive substances cause either tolerance (the need to increase the dose to get the same effect) or withdrawal syndrome (unpleasant symptoms that occur when the drug runs out). Nicotine can do both. Increasing tolerance means that addiction begins innocently, from a few cigarettes a week, and after a few years, a whole pack a day is not enough. Doctors see a similar phenomenon with alcohol, sedatives, stimulants, and hard drugs.

People who try to quit smoking are irritable, anxious, have trouble concentrating, problems with the digestive system, headaches, chills, complain of drowsiness, slow heart rate, start to put on weight. However, nicotine differs from other addictive substances - it works instantly! A quarter of the dose contained in a portion of smoke reaches the brain after eight seconds. The concentration of nicotine in the blood reaches its peak value when the smoker puts out the cigarette butt in the ashtray. After that, the level of the narcotic substance drops just as quickly. It is removed from the blood by the liver and kidneys and then excreted from the body in the urine.Two decades ago, it was claimed that one can only talk about addiction when a smoker ends the day with more than five cigarettes. Because only then nicotine begins to be constantly present in the blood. Whereas those who smoke less are free from addiction. Nothing could be more wrong, say scientists.

There is no safe smoking​

Studies conducted with teenagers in the US and New Zealand have shown that even the first few cigarettes are enough to get addicted. A 14-year-old who has been smoking no more than a few cigarettes a week for only two months may have withdrawal symptoms as severe as a long-time smoker who cannot go a day without two packs. From the research of prof.Joseph DiFranza of the University of Massachuses Medical School in Worcester found that most teens become addicted to smoking as little as two cigarettes a week. Already then the first symptoms of addiction appear. Similar alarming results were obtained by research conducted by prof. Robert Scragg from the New Zealand University of Auckland. Of teenagers addicted to nicotine, 10% had the first symptoms of nicotinism two days after smoking their first cigarette. 25-35 percent – within the first month. Nearly a quarter of young people become addicted smoking no more than four cigarettes a day.

It is therefore not possible to set a "safe" limit for smoking. “The teenager's brain reacts to the first dose of nicotine, and the changes in its functioning last for a very long time. Experiments conducted on young rats have shown that the effects of taking one portion of this substance are still visible in adult rodents. Changes occur in the brain of a person who smokes cigarettes, which adapts it to a certain level of nicotine. And these changes mean that a smoker deprived of it cannot function normally" - explains Prof.DiFranza. Until recently, it was believed that the smoker's body has an internal "nicotinostat". Its operation was compared to a home thermostat that turns on a central heating furnace when the temperature in the room drops below a predetermined value. Nicotinostat was supposed to force the smoker to light another cigarette, when the nicotine level in his blood drops. According to this theory, most smokers smoke about 10 cigarettes a day to maintain their well-being. However, research on teenagers contradicts this hypothesis. "Now we know that the feeling of 'nicotine craving' depends not on the level of nicotine, but on the time that has elapsed since the last dose," says Prof. DiFranza. In the case of novice smokers, this time can be very long, even weeks.

A drug that helps​

Nicotine is unusual for another reason. It can be both a stimulant and a sedative. A shallow puff on a cigarette increases nervous system arousal. Small doses of nicotine release a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine from neurons. Smoke inhalation is deeply relaxing, because a large dose of the narcotic substance reduces the level of acetylcholine. No wonder doctors talk about the so-called. therapeutic effects of cigarette smoking. These include stress relief, appetite reduction, improved learning ability, arousal, and increased physical activity. Nicotine for a smoker is a tool thanks to which he tries to function better in the world around him.

Were it not for the fact that its delivery in the form of smoke involves the inhalation of hundreds of harmful substances, it could really help in some cases. Research shows that nicotine helps smokers have better short-term memory, are more focused, and perform better on tasks that require intellectual agility. This substance may also have a therapeutic effect in patients with neurodegenerative diseases of the brain. This is because nicotine affects not only acetylcholine, but also dopamine, which is missing in Parkinson's disease. In patients suffering from it, nicotine reduces the occurrence of involuntary body movements - a typical symptom of this condition - by up to a third.
Research also suggests that smoking cigarettes may protect against the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. Under the influence of nicotine, patients become agitated, have better memory and greater mobility. Scientists suppose that this substance increases the vitality of neurons. Nicotine can act as an antioxidant, protecting brain cells from damaging free radicals. It can also be used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Already after 45 minutes after sticking a patch containing 7 mg of nicotine, the patients studied by the researchers controlled their impulsive behavior more efficiently and remembered the images shown to them better.Psychiatrists have long been puzzled by the fact that almost 90 percentpatients with schizophrenia and depression smoke heavily. Perhaps it's a form of self-healing. Patients struggle with constant anxiety and an inability to focus on one thing, and nicotine can relieve these symptoms. But maybe it's the other way around - they get sick because they smoke?“ We don't know that yet. There is no reliable evidence that there is such a thing as self-medication of mental disorders with cigarettes. Smoking actually increases the risk of depression, suicide and panic attacks. DiFranza. Therefore, it is better not to try such therapies on your own. Research on the healing effects of nicotine is still a young field of knowledge, because until recently scientists focused only on its negative effects. Perhaps in some time they will know how to use it to help the body without harming it.
Sourece:
www.focus.pl/artykul/nikotyna-na-zdrowie-1

Government-mandated DEATH CHOICES: New York won’t outlaw deadly vaccines that kill people but will outlaw tobacco products that kill people​

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 by: S.D. Wells

No ban on the deadliest vaccine ever administered in history, and day-of-birth abortions are still heavily promoted by Democrats, but no more tobacco for you

Infanticide, for Democrats, is of super-importance, especially since there are so many minorities in New York City and the surrounding areas. Forced vaccination for Covid was also at the top of the list for depopulation programs, as the clot shots clog the vascular system with millions of toxic spike prions, causing heart attacks, strokes, and turbo cancer. Still, no talks are in the works to ban any of those heartless (pun intended) means of genocide, but tobacco is now on the chopping block, thanks to the crazed Demoncrat Kathy Hochul.

Despite the epic failure of every “quit smoking” campaign that’s ever been launched by the CDC, Governor Hochul’s administration is trying to garner support from state legislators to ban every single tobacco product in the state of New York. This is not about just menthols or vape products for minors; this is about making it illegal for every person, adult or not, to engage in smoking, vaping, dipping, or chewing tobacco products, though it will still be legal to smoke weed. Go figure.

Big Government in New York wants to tell everyone what they can and cannot do with their lives, body, babies, and medical choices. It always starts with a “harmless” little survey or “suggestive” prompt, to get the reaction from the populace. How hard will the peons buck? They fell for the Covid mask tyranny, so why not tobacco prohibition, right?

Imagine the black market for cancer sticks when prohibition hits New York City and the big dirty, crime-ridden state. Why not ban chemical pesticides, if the worry and concern is cancer-related? What about banning toxic fluoride in tap water, if the concern is for public health?

Smoke weed, get clot shots, be a homeless drug addict, but don’t dare smoke tobacco in New York, because the Government cares about your health and well-being

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 by: Belle Carter
(Natural News) Texas-based chiropractor Dr. Bryan Ardis argued that nicotine can cure glioblastoma, a form of brain tumor.

He made these claims during a backstage discussion with David and Stacy Whited, the hosts of the “Flyover Conservative” podcast, at the Miami leg of Clay Clark’s 2023 ReAwaken America Tour. Ardis cited one study that found 36 different animal venoms in patients infected with the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19).

“During this [COVID-19] pandemic, they’re taking the exact same venoms, injecting them into mammals and seeing what they do inside of the patients,” he told the Whiteds. “They’ve actually published last year that they can take cone snail and king cobra venoms and inject them into mammals.”

Ardis added that these venoms cross the blood-brain barrier and within 72 hours, they bind to specific receptors in the brain stem of mammals. This leads to the development of glioblastoma, which is the most diagnosed brain tumor for the last 20 years.

However, the host of “The Dr. Ardis Show” on Brighteon.TV said the study authors did not disclose the tumor-fighting effects of nicotine in their paper’s summary

”They then tested to see if nicotine at less than one microliter per milliliter (uL/mL) of blood would actually have any effect. In the summary, it says at that dose, it had zero effect. But the very next sentence is they upped it to one uL/mL of blood and they showed the electron microscope images. The brain tumor is completely obliterated in 72 hours, but they don’t even publish it in the summary.”
Ardis added that aside from glioblastoma, nicotine is also being studied for its potential against Type 1 diabetes (T1D). Scientists had also been injecting animal venoms that target the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas in mammals, causing T1D. Administering nicotine also reversed the disease within 72 hours.

Moreover, the Texas-based chiropractor said nicotine is also used to reverse the effects of Parkinson’s disease and counteract the venoms present in COVID-19 patients. (Related: Dr. Bryan Ardis tells Bob The Plumber: Early COVID treatment protocols are more effective with NICOTINE.)

Ardis: Even VEGGIES contain nicotine​

Mainstream medical sites have defined nicotine as a highly addictive substance found in all tobacco products and some e-cigarette liquids. However, Ardis contradicted this claim during his speech at the tour.

“They lied to you about nicotine,” he said. “Just so you know, Harvard Universitydetermined in 2015 that nicotine and tobacco products are not addictive. The tobacco industry figured out how to add chemicals called pyrazines to nicotine and finally make it addictive.”

True enough, researchers from Harvard noted the effects of these tobacco additives in a study published in Tobacco Control. They wrote: “Pyrazines appear to increase product appeal and make it easier for non-smokers to initiate smoking; more difficult for current smokers to quit; much easier for former smokers to relapse into smoking and may mask the risks of both active and passive smoking.”

Ardis also told the Whiteds that nicotine is present in various vegetables. These vegetables include potatoes, celery, cauliflower, eggplant, green tomatoes, zucchini and squash. He noted that God would have not created the vegetables with nicotine if it is really bad.

If nicotine is addictive, how many people have been addicted to celery? Can’t go to bed and need to take a celery break at work to go eat celery? How many people are addicted to cauliflower? Zero.”

Watch the full episode of the “Flyover Conservatives” podcast with David and Stacy Whited featuring Dr. Bryan Ardis below.

Sources include:

Brighteon.com

TobaccoControl.BMJ.com

VidarHolen.net

Does anyone here take nasal snuff?

About a year ago I stumbled across a video on the manufacturer of snuff and it compelled me to start digging deeper on the subject. Snuff has a fascinating history going all the way back to the indigenous Amazonian tribes. Supposedly sniffing tobacco was the preferred method of ingestion way before smoking became the trend.

Snuff has become my main method of consuming tobacco. It’s truly a pleasure to take especially if you enjoy the aromas of tobacco and essential oils. Another quality of snuff I enjoy is its slow release of nicotine.

If anyone is curious about nasal snuff I recommend checking out the links below.

Tons of information on everything snuff related; snuff history, types of snuff, methods of talking snuff, snuff boxes, etc.
Chef Daniel - Modern Snuff

Two vintage videos of snuff making mills in England. At the time of the filming the water mill and machinery were the oldest machines still in use.

for people who like me smoke a lot and have cough issues:
I'm not a fan of vaping and still smoke whenever i feel like it but i stopped coughing the same day i transitioned to vaping

the theory was that because I'm used to ambient humidity at 99% most of the year and smoked a lot of pure unfiltered tobacco that combustion was drying out and stimulating mucus production in lungs, vaping uses no combustion and glycerin hydrates through osmosis so it worked right away

had a lot of tobacco laying around so i figured how to extract the nicotine, pure or mixed with the other goodies it's easy i can write a how to if someone is interested

today i made my first batch of nic salts and it's super smooth

had a lot of tobacco laying around so i figured how to extract the nicotine, pure or mixed with the other goodies it's easy i can write a how to if someone is interested

today i made my first batch of nic salts and it's super smooth

Is your method different from mine?

Does anyone here take nasal snuff?

About a year ago I stumbled across a video on the manufacturer of snuff and it compelled me to start digging deeper on the subject. Snuff has a fascinating history going all the way back to the indigenous Amazonian tribes. Supposedly sniffing tobacco was the preferred method of ingestion way before smoking became the trend.

Snuff has become my main method of consuming tobacco. It’s truly a pleasure to take especially if you enjoy the aromas of tobacco and essential oils. Another quality of snuff I enjoy is its slow release of nicotine.

If anyone is curious about nasal snuff I recommend checking out the links below.

Tons of information on everything snuff related; snuff history, types of snuff, methods of talking snuff, snuff boxes, etc.
Chef Daniel - Modern Snuff

Two vintage videos of snuff making mills in England. At the time of the filming the water mill and machinery were the oldest machines still in use.

Yeah! I've used snuff of a certain variety in the past.

I tend to save all the leftover very dry tobacco powder in from the bottom of my jar, which is the leftover stuff from the whole leaves I shred. I'm saving it for snuff-making when I get around to it... I figured it's a process of re-hydrating and then adding this or that essential oil, but the recipe list on the site you linked looks really cool. Thanks!

Yeah! I've used snuff of a certain variety in the past.

I tend to save all the leftover very dry tobacco powder in from the bottom of my jar, which is the leftover stuff from the whole leaves I shred. I'm saving it for snuff-making when I get around to it... I figured it's a process of re-hydrating and then adding this or that essential oil, but the recipe list on the site you linked looks really cool. Thanks!

That’s awesome! My first couple batches of homemade snuff was made from leftover scraps of whole leaf tobacco I use for cigarettes.

Snuff making doesn’t need to be difficult or complex. Aside from finely ground and sifted tobacco flour all you need to add is salt, water and sodium carbonate. The sodium carbonate lowers the ph which helps with nicotine absorption and the salt is used as a stabilizer and preservative.
Here’s a thread on Snuff House website going into great detail about snuff making basics.
https://www.snuffhouse.com/t/snuff-making-101/8986

Is your method different from mine?

am not familiar with WTA(Whole Tobacco Alkaloids?) extraction, i went the NET route, also from this website, basically ethanol steeping, separation + 2 gradual evaporations with freeze filtering in-between(at least -20C for best results)
that should yield a 15% ethanol free concentrate, from reading a paper on NET extraction the estimated content averaged 15% nic(natural salts form i assume) or 2.2% the initial weight in tobacco
you can steep it in the freezer to reduce plant matter even more but this way was good for a day worth of vaping before rewicking and the buzz will floor you xD
i guess the the beta carbolines are extracted together which is the relaxing feeling ppl get from smoking

now for pure nic i used a liebig and hydro-distillation but really any distillation apparatus even a bottle with a hose attached should work, for pure nic you'll also need a solvent, i used DCM distilled from paint stripper

here's an outline for a ~1L flask:

1)150g tobacco(you can dry and powder but not needed)

2) heat 1L of water with sodium carbonate up to saturation to basify the nic

3) nicotine *base* forms an azeotrope at ~2.5% with water, the azeotrope boiling point is lower than water itself so you'll distill it over before all the water(which means you can cut the distillation time too)

4)add the DCM and nic/water to a sep. funnel or use a dropper, do 2-3x pulls with 60mL DCM(maybe less, one source cited 20% solubility of nicotine in DCM)

5) evaporate/distill the DCM(just a few minutes at 40C), should yield 2-4% nic by weight of dry tobacco, add a bit of ethanol to the nic dissolve it and evaporate to get rid of traces DCM if you're paranoid like me

am not familiar with WTA(Whole Tobacco Alkaloids?) extraction, i went the NET route, also from this website, basically ethanol steeping, separation + 2 gradual evaporations with freeze filtering in-between(at least -20C for best results)
that should yield a 15% ethanol free concentrate, from reading a paper on NET extraction the estimated content averaged 15% nic(natural salts form i assume) or 2.2% the initial weight in tobacco
you can steep it in the freezer to reduce plant matter even more but this way was good for a day worth of vaping before rewicking and the buzz will floor you xD
i guess the the beta carbolines are extracted together which is the relaxing feeling ppl get from smoking

now for pure nic i used a liebig and hydro-distillation but really any distillation apparatus even a bottle with a hose attached should work, for pure nic you'll also need a solvent, i used DCM distilled from paint stripper

here's an outline for a ~1L flask:

1)150g tobacco(you can dry and powder but not needed)

3) nicotine *base* forms an azeotrope at ~2.5% with water, the azeotrope boiling point is lower than water itself so you'll distill it over before all the water(which means you can cut the distillation time too)

4)add the DCM and nic/water to a sep. funnel or use a dropper, do 2-3x pulls with 60mL DCM(maybe less, one source cited 20% solubility of nicotine in DCM)

5) evaporate/distill the DCM(just a few minutes at 40C), should yield 2-4% nic by weight of dry tobacco, add a bit of ethanol to the nic dissolve it and evaporate to get rid of traces DCM if you're paranoid like me

A nice method, I think, as there is no need to siphon off the vegetable oil which is a nasty procedure. Of course the handling of solvents is not for everybody.

5% should do the job. It will result in a ph value of 11 - sufficient to extract nicotine.

Hello.

I am looking to buy good quality organic tobacco. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to sift through this very long thread for websites and sources, so wanted to get a general consensus on which websites or brands are the best quality tobacco. I live in Maryland, USA.

Back
Top Bottom