Someone from Mexico?

Mixtli

Jedi
I really do not know if this is correct. I was just curious to know if someone besides me is from my home country. If this is incorrect please delete the subject. It was created just from curiosity to know if I was alone in my country in this forum.

No, you are not alone. There are several people on the forum from Mexico.

Hola mexicanos! Yo vivo en México también. México lindo y querido...
Saludos Mixtli!

alland

Oh well! I was just being curious about how many "compatriotas" where here in the forum! Nice to know there are a few fellow mexicans.

Hi!...Im from Mexico too! a "chilanga" one :D ...being happy because tomorrow we are not going to open the store due to the all closed streets, principal avenues, etc... in down town of Mexico City...right now, one day before the mega party event our goverment is big spending for ...well I feel like there is too much caotic energy fluctuating...

About this celebration, 200 years of Independence and 100 of Revolution,... I dont feel like celebrating...yes I like to see the cultural events like mariachi singers and tipical dances ...although I cannot longer eat tipical mexican food I used to do...and after seeing the movie "El Infierno"...I really dont want to go to open places, precisely the ones used for "el grito" on 15th of September... and I get quite nervous all day due to the "prohibited" firecrackers people use for fun throwing them against cars and people with any consideration...

bye...

Well.. at least we have a chance to blow some steam... the end of year is marked with quite a few holidays for us mexican fellows!

Mexicano too, reporting from northern México. Glad to know we are growing in number, logos5x5 and cholas are at least two other compatriotas here. Saludos!

I'm Mexican too, except that I'm not living in Mexico. I suppose it is quite appropriate to say so on the day of 'El Grito'. :cool:

Hello, i would like to ask you mexican fellows how are you doing with the diet and detox, since for me has been difficult to find buckwheat, the recommended suplements or flouride free toothpaste for example.

This is a constant source of frustration for me, i live in a small town where there are few (if any) options to find healthy food, on the contrary big malls are starting to establish increasingly here in recent years, sometimes i have to go there to get my supplies and it´s disheartening to say the least to search something other than poison, read the labels and see that almost every damn thing contains gluten, diary or in most cases both.

The worst thing is that i am afraid this is becoming the excuse that my predator needs to not try it.

I was wondering if you have experiencing similar difficulties in implementing the diet.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I had read and re-read the detox diet as to which products can be changed from what I usually eat, and it is really frustrating indeed.

Buckwheat could not find it either, I had been in a store (here in Mexico city) that sell products from the macrobiotic diet?, and the lady told me about buckwheat (in Spanish “trigo sarraceno”) they had not find it at all because they discovered that their supplier were selling them sliced wheat instead of buckwheat, but I had not gone to “La Merced” maybe there I can find it.

I find quinoa and brown rice at the same store, although to my particular point of view is quite expensive, (quinoa for 40 pesos 250 gr), I am going to look for it at La Merced too. If I can find them I will let you know and find a way for you to received them.

Tykes said:
This is a constant source of frustration for me, i live in a small town where there are few (if any) options to find healthy food, on the contrary big malls are starting to establish increasingly here in recent years, sometimes i have to go there to get my supplies and it's disheartening to say the least to search something other than poison, read the labels and see that almost every damn thing contains gluten, diary or in most cases both.

I live in the biggest city and I am still frustrated :P, maybe I can find the ingredients, but I do not have much free time, for simple diet list just on Sundays and my budget is …mmm precarious?, and to that I live in a popular area that is to say fancy stores, at least of foods, you wont find near; so in order to not be too frustrated I think that ones for others, right now I am avoiding foods or seudo foods that contains MSG, artificial flavors, sugar, and I do not buy anything contain aspartame at all, I am eating more vegetables, and brown rice, meat?, mosty chicken, I am avoiding tuna as well, although last Sunday I bought more pork and beef meat, I think I need more protein and fat, considering the bad weather we are having. I had not move apart dairy at all, I do not drink milk, although I do eat cheese but I try to be made from farms”? or buy the ones that do not contain MSG, artificial flavors and colors, the brand “Cremería Aguascalientes” is my better choice and I can find it at Bodega Comercial. I still eat yogurt and its from “Alpura” brand because that one does not contains aspartame and artificial flavors neither sugar, but it last 1 kg a month… I try to not eat it very often.

I try to make my own bread and it is of integral wheat, but the time factor do not let me do it more often, so I choose the typical commercial integral one and sometimes form natural shops in the Subway.

I like sweets very much so I try to buy the more natural ones?, that could be interpreted by mexicans as typical candies?... amaranth bars?, oaxacan style chocolate?...the ones in which they don't have again soy lecitins, MSG, sugars, artificial flavors etc… But sometimes I failed and buy the commercial ones.

I am using “piloncillo” and honey to sweeten. I do avoid sugar but sometimes I eat it.

I prepare my food to take for job, and need to be more creative and give it more time because if I do not bring it, I ended eating at restaurants such as “comida corrida” ones and in there, there is a high possibility that they use the Knorr tomato, Knorr chicken, Knorr whatever to flavored their meals… and I ended eating more MSG candies too.

So ones for others I guess, and also I do think that even though the Ultra Mind Solution book and /or diet could function well to many of this forum if not almost everyone, in my very particular point of view we need to do more research about our indigenous backgrounds, had not read the book, but corn/maize in this part of the world… I do not think is that evil, of course Monsanto is here allready and we know about the genetically modified maize imported from USA…but still there are fruits, vegetables that are well known to be good, that in other countries they wont be found so easily, for example, the nopal… in the Ultra simple diet mentions to avoid citric fruits, that is gonna be difficult to me, in this season it is citric fruits that help me to prevent colds, and the mandarines/tangerines are right now delicious, I am able to buy the ones from local farmers, they still had their leaves :). It recommended berries, but here… I cant find berries on daily basis and there are too expensive too, just strawberries and frozen ones.

I am still looking and learning more about my body too…some sort of trial and error :P.

mabar

If you ever find the flouride free toothpaste let me know too :D

mabar said:
Buckwheat could not find it either, I had been in a store (here in Mexico city) that sell products from the macrobiotic diet?, and the lady told me about buckwheat (in Spanish “trigo sarraceno”) they had not find it at all because they discovered that their supplier were selling them sliced wheat instead of buckwheat, but I had not gone to “La Merced” maybe there I can find it.

I was able to find buckwheat in Costa Rica through Russian immigrants, the direct source no less! If you ever stumble upon a Russian community in your country, you might be able to find buckwheat. They always import it because it is part of their staple diet.

You'll never benefit from the detox diet if you keep eating gluten and dairy. Corn has gluten, and they have found that its gluten can be toxic to the body in other ways from wheat's gluten. In Central America there is a great variety in ways of tubers and vegetables. Perhaps you can get a little bit creative and exploit your location in this regard.

My 2 pesos.

Psyche said:
You'll never benefit from the detox diet if you keep eating gluten and dairy. Corn has gluten, and they have found that its gluten can be toxic to the body in other ways from wheat's gluten. In Central America there is a great variety in ways of tubers and vegetables. Perhaps you can get a little bit creative and exploit your location in this regard.

I know, it is no so the predator’s mind neither the sacred cow, I guess I just don’t want stop eat them, in this case it is not frustrating it is sad, but better to do it willingly rather by force, the Russian tip would be very useful; more like stumble need to find them.

Thanks,
mabar

Back
Top Bottom