ark

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Here is the picture puzzle:

sos1.jpg

Question:

a) What is it?
b) What kind of a phenomenon we are dealing with?
c) What does "SOS" in the Subject title stand for?
d) What are the implications of this kind of phenomena for the society?

Note: The picture has been tampered with a little bit here. The original picture will be disclosed later on, after receiving some feedback :)

a) some kind of cake icing
b) the icing is starting to crack up and fall off the cake?
c) save our... cake? ah! save our stomachs.
d) people will eat cake more quickly before the icing falls off, and get indigestion. ;)

the top half is remeniscent of the edge of a snow or ice layer. and the vertical spurs keep saying 'ski-resort' to me, though I don't know why, so I keep coming back to snow/ice. and the vertical streaks are meltwater channels.

ok, I have no idea what this is.

ark said:
Question:

a) What is it?
Side view of glacier or ice-shelf in Antartica perhaps (or microscopic etching viewed through an STM? :-)

Added: Alternatively it is a 3d visualization of Joe Quinn's brainwave patterns while he is doing a podcast

ice retreating or advancing

Save our Snow?
Does it have something to do with Gorbachev perhaps and the human SOS that was formed in Antartica?

global hysteria and lack of critical thinking for starters.

a) What is it?

Some sort of human bar code being developped, viewed under a microscope?

Information encoding on skin?

HELP!!

We are going to be branded?

Looks like a very close-up view of some sort of brush or scrubber - complete with little indentations in the bristles to catch more 'stuff' -

Not very 'outer space and 'inner space' science -esque, but - there is an SOS brand scrub brush on the market. :lol:

a) What is it?

When I first looked at it I thought it was some kind of crystaline structure such as ice or snow, then I thought it was sand at the beach made into patterns by the wind (still crystals, though).

Nature. It looks more 'micro' than 'macro' to me.

Save our Soil?

Hmm, hard to say. Depends on the awareness of the individual or the group as well as what the thing actually is... If the phenomenon is ice or snow, then climate change, if it is sand, then the implication may be that we are losing our topsoil and therefore our ability to grow crops. But that is looking at the photo in a symbolic way, rather than literally. It could mean that there is an increase in society of people who like to take digital photos for the sake of 'art'. :)

Ok, I changed my mind :-)

This pic vaguely reminds me of a serrated knife edge which led to the realization that what I was looking at were dendrites (maybe of a metal).

SOS = solid on solid

I downloaded the image and played around by zooming in and flipping the image 180 degrees.

What is it?

Iced trees or forest or perhaps iced mimosa branches.

What kind phenomenon we are dealing with?

Icing during winter??

What does "SOS" in the subject title stand for?

Signs of Stress??

What are the implications of this kind of phenomena for the society?

Buy more warm clothing??

SOS: Sand on Sars, ehhm Sram, uhh Mars. :P

Edit: What about: Signs of Snow?

Now it looks strange. I thought of some surface structure on Mars. Like these:

Mars1.gif

or

Mars2.jpg

a) What is it?

So you tampered with the image? Well, firstly I was thinking "ultraviolet", but when I inverted the colours in Paint, it changed to a nice healthy green. Looks like asparagus or something.

Too much genetically modified crops?

"Save Our Seeds"?

Since 2002 the European Commission plans to introduce a Directive on "the adventitious and technically unavoidable presence of genetically modified varieties" in seeds, which would allow for GMO contamination (between 0,3 and 0,5 %) in any seeds without labelling. Sooooo, "Save our Seeds" is dedicated to keeping conventional and organically grown seeds free of genetically modified organisms.

a) Some kind of nano cut-out, metall maybe. If one looks at the topleft begining of cutout (assuming) it looks artificial. // Animal scales.
b)Laser metallurgy something.. /scales

nanogtr.GIF

nano-test-tube-large.gif

scale-example:
https://www.biomedia.cellbiology.ubc.ca/cellbiol/media/images/lrg625/1057789942_30291.jpg

a.) Trees under a heavy snowdrift, the onset of permafrost?

b.) Glacial rebound.

c.) We're in trouble.

d.) Year-round skiing?!

a) What is it? Actually it does not matter what it is, but could be:

the art of ebru : paint poured on a special fluid mixture, then making designs with a comb-like or other objects, then you put a paper on top and pull it off carefully and take a micro picture of the painted paper with a digital photograph machine

Creativity

Serve Others not Self, Satellite Observing Systems, Sumatran Orangutan Society, Solar Observatory in Space, etc.

phenomena (Phenomenon sing.)
1. a fact, occurrence, or circumstance observed or observable: to study the phenomena of nature.
2. something that is impressive or extraordinary.

To use your gray cells to figure out what it is, brain gymnastics thus firing your neurons to create new pathways in the brain, maybe unite the left and right brains

Back
Top Bottom