Soul, genes, karma and learning 3D lessons

And this, after I've just recently read Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl, about life in the Nazi concentration camps. It's also just been the 70th anniversary of Auschwitz this week...

Starting to freak out a little here :shock:

Comment: In some shamanistic belief systems it is held that the deeds of our ancestors can have an effect on our lives, that a 'sin' (or good deed) can actually be inherited. Previously it has been shown that behaviour can indeed be affected by events in previous generations and passed on through genetic memory. However, the research mentioned in this present article goes even further. Here, not just the information of events in past generations can be inherited, but also the direct circumstances of our lives.

It is interesting that modern science may have stumbled upon a way to explain this shamanistic belief. It may also explain the 'functioning' of the so-called "family constellation" work, an alternative therapeutic method where past family events are brought back into awareness. Had the ancient shamans access to a long forgotten science?

Freeing yourself from the wrong kind of stress (wasting energy) reduces the speed of emptying of the methyl bucket. You can then use the reserves to face useful stress (the Work) and adapt.

The number one drain on these resources is chronic disease and lack of good quality sleep. The second largest drain is social/emotional stress (either external or internal in the form of anxieties/thought loops and negative self image). Lastly there is things like cold showers, going keto, exams, and heavy prolonged exercise.

One of the default programs this can generate is stress avoidance (laziness, procrastination, even social anxiety).

I am trying to wrap my head around and embrace the concepts related in this thread. Thanks, Joe, for starting it and all who have commented. It is getting so much more complicated that I'm losing my original urge to jump in with my two cents....

I am recovering from double hip replacement. It has given me the excuse to break away from the usual stress and daily demands of life. I wonder how much of this contributed to the chronic pain and arthritis taking hold in me. My father had both hips replaced, back surgery for sciatic nerve pain (which I have also had). He has Type 2 diabetes, Glaucoma and macular degeneration. My brother and sister do not have any of these conditions. I have had a physically active life but, at 57 years old, I am relatively young to have completely worn out my hips. So it's genetics. But I have suspected that it is more than this, as this thread suggests and I welcome the added explanation. I have made similar life choices as my father and I wonder if that has put my on a probable timeline that resulted in unavoidable physical issues. I have gone Keto to avoid the inflammation that could bring on diabetes and the sight diseases. I was in denial about my hips until it was obvious I would be in a wheel chair unless I figured out why I couldn't move anymore and how had I allowed myself to be in excruciating pain for 6 years. Denial. Chronic pain definitely changes one's outlook and personality in negative ways. I thought with diet, supplements, and cleansing I could fix my pain. I felt defeated to admit I needed help and surgery was necessary. I was scared to be like my father. Or either if my parents. I've seen in our very small number of family members, each generation seems to have higher soul attainment. Such amazing children and grandchild.

Over my life I've questioned choices, turning points, I've made that by now have me on 'Plan D' as I refer to the branching of possibilities that make me who and where I am right now by the Karma I've created just in this life. So many regrets at stupid, foolish, selfish decisions. With the time to reflect that this is in many ways a fresh start for me, I don't feel assurance that I will have much change, at least at first. I'm going back to the same job which is physically and emotionally stressful. I joke that I am happy being a shut in. But I don't really believe there's anything 'out there' I want enough to make the efforts worth it. I'll be doing it to pay the bills and that will kill my spirit again. That is what is unconscious to me now. Purpose, the reason for being. I'm confused about regaining balance and direction, spiritually, after I have spent so much time torecover my physical balance and strength.

That all this ties into ancestral, past and present genetics and mental/emotional expressions conscious and unconscious does seem impossible to overcome. I have always felt like the cards were stacked against us in very deliberate way that makes it really hard to figure out what game we are playing.

I am grateful for the wealth of information available in this forum. I have trouble putting it together as well as others can. I at least try to be aware right and left without. Maybe it's the within I don't know much about. Sharing the many doubts I have is hard.

T.C. said:
I'm not assuming ANYTHING, but the experience of today does have the flavour of a message from the universe. I've never had any kind of idea about whether I've had a past life or anything, but now I'm wondering if the Universe is trying to hint at the idea that maybe, I ended my days in a camp.

God, it's too awful to consider.

T.C. said:
Starting to freak out a little here :shock:

Hold on a moment, T.C. There may be more possible explanations to explore before you make a personal connection. If you're going to select and associatively connect items like a dream, a quote and a book, then get ALL the possible items.

Laura's mentioned the concept of permeable boundaries in association with an act of channeling, Charade just posted bits related to shamanism. There's the concept of GAIA consciousness, Akashic records, Teilhard Chardin's noosphere or thought-sphere, spirit attachments bringing baggage with them, etc., etc. There may also be even more material, vetted or unvetted and not-yet-discovered that could be associatively connected.

My point is that the connection to a past life of yours is not yet a necessary piece of your personal puzzle. You could be scaring yourself unnecessarily and before you could be ready to "read" these records. Our conscious awareness, or consciousness, itself, or DNA (with the associated idea of "enfolding") could be an interface to memory records of all that has come before now in man's history and in terms of man's inhumanity to man. It's an idea. May not seem less scary, but maybe it could help keep you from going off the deep end. :)

Thanks for all those points, Buddy. I never would have thought of it from a birds-eye view like that.

Buddy said:
May not seem less scary, but maybe it could help keep you from going off the deep end. :)

I soon calmed down after making those posts. :oops: I panicked a bit, and that manifested as posting what was spinning round in my head as a way of releasing it. Sorry for the noise, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom