Speculation on Laura's new book- Horns of Moses

Soluna said:
Will this book be available as a kindle edition? Or E-book?

As much as I prefer real paper books - the format is very convenient.

Yes

:thup:

Laura said:
Considering what we have already discussed about the probably neurological symptoms of the plague, it almost sounds like this “chastisement” was either the manifestation of the infection in a somewhat resistant population, or the virus could have been mutating.

All of the recent "bath salts" cannibals spring to mind, as well as the most recent case of the man who attacked and bit a dog :cry:

Don Genaro said:
Laura said:
Considering what we have already discussed about the probably neurological symptoms of the plague, it almost sounds like this “chastisement” was either the manifestation of the infection in a somewhat resistant population, or the virus could have been mutating.

All of the recent "bath salts" cannibals spring to mind, as well as the most recent case of the man who attacked and bit a dog :cry:

Exactly. Are these precursors? Is it some kind of cosmic brain infection?

Laura said:
Don Genaro said:
Laura said:

Exactly. Are these precursors? Is it some kind of cosmic brain infection?
It seems quite possible. This time however, we have scientific priests explaining it away with tales of "bath salts junkies." Why bath salts? Maybe it's because they're so easy to get and the PTB are expecting many more cases?

I find it interesting that some of the people just seemed to drop dead on the spot in the middle of going about their day, eating etc. It reminds me of the book Return of the Black Death where there was some mention of foul airs or mists. I wonder if maybe this was a factor in the Justinian plague but it's not mentioned in the exerpts Laura posted today. It's very curious.

The plague of 543 :shock:

A few points below brought on some thinking:

Procopius said:
…And this disease always took its start from the coast, and from there went up to the interior…

Coasts had the population densities most often as well as sea fairing access. This suggests possibly that this was not a universal diseased blanket that was laid over the lands but rather an incremental movement brought there from some or multiple epicenters, unless because of low densities of the interiors, perhaps it was just was not noticed this way?

Also we saw that this great plague showed its effect on animals as well, not only on the domesticated but also on the wild, and even on the reptiles of the earth. One could see cattle, dogs and other animals, even rats, with swollen tumours, struck down and dying. Likewise wild animals could be found smitten by the same sentence, struck down and dying.

Wow, don’t think i’ve read about this aspect before, other than diseases that afflict animals like foot and mouth disease; truly frightening. For the purposes of triggers on genetics, not sure what this suggests exactly, other than being universal to human/animal. :/

Others were found all dead but with babies alive and crying; other women were dead in their beds but the babies, their children, were alive sleeping beside them, holding and sucking their breasts although (the mothers) were dead.

It seems like babies were more resistant then others.

A: Viruses make inroads only when there exists gaps in consciousness. A full field of awareness closes the gaps. Heal the soul by means of increased knowledge which leads to DNA modification which closes gaps...To do it otherwise amounts to self violation of lesson profiles elected by the self.

I wonder, could it be related to gaps in consciousness or to the fact that they didn't have damaged machines from bad diet, or maybe combination of both?

Serendipity said:
Others were found all dead but with babies alive and crying; other women were dead in their beds but the babies, their children, were alive sleeping beside them, holding and sucking their breasts although (the mothers) were dead.

It seems like babies were more resistant then others.

A: Viruses make inroads only when there exists gaps in consciousness. A full field of awareness closes the gaps. Heal the soul by means of increased knowledge which leads to DNA modification which closes gaps...To do it otherwise amounts to self violation of lesson profiles elected by the self.

I wonder, could it be related to gaps in consciousness or to the fact that they didn't have damaged machines from bad diet, or maybe combination of both?

Read more carefully. There are many references to the children dying first.

Laura said:
Read more carefully. There are many references to the children dying first.

Yes, you are right. And here is the example.

The epidemic began in the month of August. It attacked young children first of all and to them it was fatal: and so we lost our little ones, who were so dear to us and sweet, whom we had cherished in our bosoms and dandled in our arms, whom we had fed and nurtured with such loving care.

I really should read move carefully, and also struggle against this tendency to post ideas that come to mind, before making sure they are truth and of value, at least potentially.

Thanks for the response.

I did some reading on the composition of cometary dust in order to understand whether the dust itself (and not just alien viruses) may have played a part in the Black Death. I found two papers online that give a description of cometary dust composition.

http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X/690/2/1590/fulltext/apj_690_2_1590.text.html

INFRARED SPECTRA OF DUST AGGREGATES IN COMETARY COMAE: CALCULATION WITH OLIVINE FORMED BY EXOTHERMIC CHEMICAL REACTIONS
published 2008 December 22

ABSTRACT
Mineralogy of cometary dust plays an important role in understanding the formation and evolution of comets, the most primitive objects in the solar system. A correct interpretation of infrared spectra observed for cometary comae is the key to success in identifying mineral constituents of cometary dust. However, the composition, size, and structure of cometary dust might have been misinterpreted in previous studies, owing to a lack of a unique solution in their analyses of infrared spectra. We present a semianalytic method to compute infrared spectra for large aggregate particles consisting of submicrometer size grains inclusive of crystalline minerals. The method is applied to calculate the absorption cross section of primordial interstellar dust that is processed in a cometary coma. The processed interstellar dust is here modeled as clusters of concentrically stratified spheres consisting of an organic refractory outer mantle, an olivine (Magnesium Iron Silicate) inner mantle, and an amorphous silicate core. Spectral variations in the absorption cross sections for porous aggregates with a forsterite layer exhibit noticeable features at all the wavelengths where mineral features are observed in the infrared spectra of cometary comae. In contrast, the observed infrared spectra of cometary comae show no evidence for the presence of fayalite in cometary dust. Infrared observations of cometary comae are consistent with the picture that cometary nuclei contain primordial interstellar dust as well as interstellar ices.
[…]
This flexibility is of great importance for an extension of our study, because cometary dust is most likely composed not only of organic refractory, olivine, and amorphous silicate, but also of metals, sulfides, and other minerals such as pyroxene (Jessberger et al. 1988; Zolensky et al. 2006). By considering a large number of constituent materials and a different degree of crystallinity, we will apply our algorithm to explore the nature of cometary dust in a future study.

In contrast to the debate on the crystallization mechanism, there is consensus among different studies regarding the composition of olivine in cometary dust. Koike et al. (1993) suggested the predominance of magnesium-rich olivines in cometary dust over iron-rich olivines from a comparison between infrared spectra of cometary dust and those of laboratory synthesized olivines. We have also shown that neither of the crystallization mechanisms is compatible with observations, if fayalite is the major phase of crystalline silicate in cometary dust (Figures 5 and 6). In fact, an analysis of the mass spectra measured in situ for dust in the coma of comet 1P/Halley revealed the dust to consist of magnesium-rich, iron-poor silicates together with organic materials (Jessberger et al. 1988). Recently, the majority of dust samples derived from comet 81P/Wild 2 was found to contain olivines that are magnesium rich and iron poor (Zolensky et al. 2006). On the other hand, GEMS-rich CP-IDPs contain magnesium-rich, iron-poor olivines and pyroxenes that are believed to resemble the silicate mineralogy of cometary dust (Bradley et al. 1999). These magnesium-rich, iron-poor silicates in CP-IDPs are found to correlate with primitive organic refractory attributed to presolar molecular-cloud material (Stephan 2002). Therefore, our results strengthen the consensus that the silicate mineralogy of cometary dust as well as primordial interstellar dust is rich in magnesium and poor in iron.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/books/CometsII/7002.pdf

COMPOSITION AND MINERALOGY OF COMETARY DUST

Cometary dust is an unequilibrated, heterogeneous mixture of crystalline and glassy silicate minerals, organic refractory material, and other constituents such as iron sulfide and possibly minor amounts of iron oxides. Carbon is enriched relative to CI chondrites; some of the C is in an organic phase. The silicates are Mg-rich, while iron is distributed in silicates, sulfides, and FeNi metal. Infrared spectra of silicate emission features in Comet Hale-Bopp have led to identification of the minerals forsterite and enstatite. The strong similarity of all known cometary dust properties to the anhydrous chondritic aggregate class of interplanetary dust particles (IDPs) argues that comets are the source of these IDPs. High D/H ratios in organic refractory material in these IDPs as well as the physical and chemical structure of glassy silicate grains suggests a presolar origin for at least some components of cometary dust.
[…]
The rocky material displays a wide range in Fe/Mg abundance, but a narrow range in Si/Mg (Lawler et al., 1989). Magnesium-rich (Fe-poor) silicates comprise at least 40% and perhaps ≥60% of the rocky particles (Jessberger, 1999). Iron is present in other minerals including metals (1–2%), iron sulfides (~10%), and possibly iron oxide (≤1%) (Schulze et al., 1997). The CHON spectra are evidence for an organic refractory component in the cometary dust. Significant clustering of subgroups (e.g., spectra dominated by [H, C], [H, 556 Comets II C, O], etc.) indicate variable composition of the organic refractory material (Fomenkova et al., 1994). Isotopic ratios were found to be solar, within the measurement uncertainties, with the exception of 12C/13C (Jessberger, 1999). While low ratios (13C enrichment) were judged to be uncertain due to noise of uncertain origin, Jessberger (1999) reported that definite 12C enrichments, up to 12C/13C ~ 5000, were identified, indicative of presolar nucleosynthesis products.

From current analysis, cometary dust is mainly composed of Magnesium-rich silicates as well as iron sulfides and possibly small amounts or iron oxide. While health effects for silicates aren't particularly dangerous (though it may produce respiratory discomfort or distress if inhaled in large quantities), iron sulfides can cause severe harm to the body when inhaled:

http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/elements/s.htm

Health effects of sulphur
[…]
Globally sulphuric substances can have the following effects on human health:

- Neurological effects and behavioural changes
- Disturbance of blood circulation
- Heart damage
- Effects on eyes and eyesight
- Reproductive failure
- Damage to immune systems
- Stomach and gastrointestinal disorder
- Damage to liver and kidney functions
- Hearing defects
- Disturbance of the hormonal metabolism
- Dermatological effects
- Suffocation and lung embolism

I wonder if one of the reasons for people having a hard time breathing and going into delirium during the Black Death has anything to do with the above.

Laura said:
[542 A.D.]
[…]
For there ensued with some a deep coma, with others a violent delirium, and in either case they suffered the characteristic symptoms of the disease. For those who were under the spell of the coma forgot all those who were familiar to them and seemed to be sleeping constantly. And if anyone cared for them, they would eat without waking, but some also were neglected, and these would die directly through lack of sustenance.

Have you read this, Eboard?

http://www.sott.net/article/228189-New-Light-on-the-Black-Death-The-Viral-and-Cosmic-Connection

Laura said:
Have you read this, Eboard?

http://www.sott.net/article/228189-New-Light-on-the-Black-Death-The-Viral-and-Cosmic-Connection

Yes, I do remember reading it a while ago. The article is very informative as it does a good job explaining the cosmic connection of the Black Death and how cometary dust harbours bacteria and viruses. My question was rather aimed at the dust particles themselves and whether iron sulfide may have also contributed to some degree to diseases such as the respiratory ones or if the quantity in the atmosphere was negligible.

(edit: Black Death)

Laura said:
seek10 said:
while reading this, part of me so horrified it don't want to live under those circumstances, instead better leave to 5D in grace. It started sounding like cometary thing is not just 3600 year phenomenon, every once in while earth cleaned it self when ever these psychopaths made mess of things. but these pathologicals are some how seems to crop up again and again needing more cleaning. That's we are due to big cleanup. It looks PTB did a great job to getting rid of these references in history with bull -shite- rat diseases, witch hunts etc.

Well, not wanting to live under the circumstances that the universe puts in front of us amounts to shutting out the world. Lots of people do it and, collectively, thereby, contribute to the problem by their silence. It might be said that they don't love anything or anybody else enough to want to endure and do good no matter what happens. In short, it is something of an STS attitude.
So True.

Having said that, as I pointed out already, the excerpts I share weren't even the worst. So, I thought I would share a couple accounts of the plague:

Yes, this is horrifying the story, signs are all over. Hopefully knowing of this happening may be protection, only if they are not contaminated by some thing else. what ever it is not easy on.

In hindu circles, they cremate the dead people saying that infected bacteria will also die. Not sure whether it is true in this mass scale deaths, even if it is true. where do one get that much fuel to burn too.

I wondered about the corps situation while watching survivors.

I've been somewhat quiet because I am pressing hard to wrap up Volume 1 before the end of this month. But, in the meantime, I wrote a section yesterday that I want to share in advance because it relates a bit to some recent phenomena, the Zombie thing. So, here it is:

LEGENDS OF THE FALL
Our civilization has known about the flood legends of the Bible for about two thousand years; it was only in the 19th century that we became aware that this story was derived from a more ancient source, the Sumerians. It was then, in the late 19th and early 20th century, that ethnologists and other experts began to collect the flood legends of the North Eurasian peoples and to compare them with similar stories of other peoples. What they found was that the North Eurasian peoples spoke not only of a water-flood, but bombardments of fire and numerous evil suns in the sky described as burning mountains. There were also fire-breathing serpents in the sky and earthquakes that lasted for days, violent storms, torrents of water falling for days and boiling waves as “high as a tent” or mixed with stones. There were descriptions of roaring from the skies, and other horrifying noises followed by grey darkness in the day and nights as black as pitch. Snow storms that lasted for months rounded off the scenarios. Obviously, these stories did not exactly match the relatively benign – even if world covering – Flood of Noah that resulted from a rain lasting 40 days and nights and “fountains of the deep”. The appalling cosmic catastrophe had long-term consequences for all life on our planet, and was, obviously, a world-wide event in one respect or another.

WEREWOLVES, VAMPIRES AND CANNIBALS, OH MY!

A selection of the stories of the Northern Eurasians – mainly those living between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea - have been collected together, along with some of the geological and archaeological evidence – by Heinrich Koch in a book entitled THE DILUVIAN IMPACT . It is highly recommended with a small caveat: he seems to have conflated a number of events. A related book (already mentioned earlier) is a collection of the accounts from Native Americans: MAN AND IMPACT IN THE AMERICAS by E.P. Grondine. One very interesting thing about both of these volumes is that the issue of genetic mutation is described in the myths. In both the Americas and Eurasia, the stories of the impacts and floods include related legends of giants, dwarfs, and cannibals which are not the instigators of the cataclysms as one might infer regarding the Nephilim in the Bible, but rather the consequence of it.

Generally, these stories are about very aggressive, warlike, humanoid monsters. The ancient Native American myths of the Windigo can be traced back to comet catastrophes. Nowadays, of course, the Windigo is thought of as a malevolent, cannabilistic spirt that can possess the bodies of humans and cause them to transform rather like the legends of werewolves but what if it is not possession but rather mutation? They were strongly associated with cold and famine which can be the results of comet events and it is known from medical research that a ketogenic diet and cold adaptation can induce genetic upregulation or downregulation. Generally, these effects are extremely beneficial and neuroprotective, but perhaps it depends on the individual genetic make-up? They were also described as greedy and never satisfied with killing; they were always on the march looking for new victims. Koch writes:

Hungarian folklore knows the myth of the world-wide conflagration with a variety of features. However, all the legends are spoiled by later additions under Christian influence. Anyway, there is a genuine element from North Asia in the mythical cycle, and this is distributed among all Uralians and Mongols in quite the same manner. It says that Earth received new inhabitants after the extinction of the earlier human race by a flood of water and fire. It is reported that the novel individuals were partly giants and partly dwarfs (i.e. mis-shaped beings…)

The Turkish Tatars in the Altai Mountains have a song about the end of the world reporting the enormous damages in the inanimate and living world. Apart from the usual description of the catastrophe, there are things of particular interest, pointing at the genetic damages in the human population:

As soon as the end of the world will have come, the sky will be of iron… solid stone will crumble away, solid wood will crash… the water-wells will flow with blood, the land will roar, the mountains will turn upside down, the slopes will collapse, the sky will tremble, and the sea will rise in waves, so that the bottom will be visible; Sun and Moon will not be shining anymore; the trees will be torn out with their roots, the moss will turn into ashes, all the plants will be destroyed, their seeds will be extincti; and the humans will grow just one span high… the child will not know its father [because of the shortness of human life]… (p. 47)

According to Olrik, the Mongols were also aware of the phenomenon of human malformations, due to the world-wide cataclysm. It is said there: “The horses will not grow larger than rabbits, and people will hardly be one yard tall. The outmost possible age that humans will reach will hardly extend over ten years… No fruits will grow on Earth for seven years. Hunger and diseases will be the consequences among the dwarfs…” (p. 48,49.)

Obviously, vegetarians will have a much harder time in a cataclysmic environment.

THE ELECTROPHONIC COSMIC LOGOS

Returning to the idea of genetic mutations accompanying cometary cataclysms, as it happens, a reader sent me an interesting paper back in 2008 discussing the possibility that the Tunguska event caused genetic changes. The abstract tells us:

One of great mysteries of the Tunguska event is its genetic impact. Some genetic anomalies were reported in the plants, insects and people of the Tunguska region. Remarkably, the increased rate of biological mutations was found not only within the epicenter area, but also along the trajectory of the Tunguska Space Body (TSB). At that no traces of radioactivity were found, which could be reliably associated with the Tunguska event. The main hypotheses about the nature of the TSB, a stony asteroid, a comet nucleus or a carbonaceous chondrite, readily explain the absence of radioactivity but give no clues how to deal with the genetic anomaly. A choice between these hypotheses, as far as the genetic anomaly is concerned, is like to the choice between “blue devil, green devil and speckled devil”, to quote late Academician N.V. Vasilyev. However, if another mysterious phenomenon, electrophonic meteors, is evoked, the origin of the Tunguska genetic anomaly becomes less obscure.

The author proposes the idea that electrophonic effects produced by comets/meteors can induce genetic changes in biological organisms. What is curious is that the observed growth anomalies in the trees measured by tree ring width is not strongly correlated to the blast area itself, but rather to the land under the aerial path of the body.

Ecological consequences of the Tunguska event have been comprehensively discussed by Vasilyev (1999, 2000). They constitute another conundrum of this intricate phenomenon. There were two main types of effects observed. The first type includes accelerated growth of young and survived trees on a vast territory, as well as quick revival of the taiga after the explosion. The second type of effects is related to the genetic impact of the Tunguska explosion. …

The first systematic pilot study of growth of the tree vegetation in the catastrophe region was performed during 1958 expedition (Vasilyev 1999). Anomalously large tree ring widths up to 9 mm were found in young specimens which were germinated after the catastrophe, while the average width of the growth rings before the catastrophe was only 0.2-1.0 mm. Besides the young trees, the accelerated growth was observed also for the survived old trees.

Stimulated by these first findings, a large scale study of the forest recovery in the Tunguska area was performed in series of following expeditions after 1960. In 1968 expedition, for example, morphometric data for more than six thousand pine specimens were collected. This vast material establishes the reality of the accelerated growth without any doubt (Vasilyev 1999). More recent study of Longo & Serra (1995) confirms this spectacular phenomenon and indicates that the growth has weakened only recently for trees of the respectable age of more than 150 years….

The paper next mentions something that piqued my interest:

An interesting fact is that the Tunguska epicenter almost exactly coincides with the muzzle of a Triassic volcano.

This is discussed in terms of whether the volcanically enriched soil was involved with the accelerated tree growth. That’s interesting, but I wondered if there was something about a volcano that actually could attract a body from space? Obviously, that’s a wild question, but still, one wonders! Anyway, regarding the trees:

What is surprising was found by observing later generation trees. It turned out that the younger the trees, the higher the concentration of the accelerated growth effect towards the projection of the TSB trajectory (Vasilyev & Batishcheva 1979, Vasilyev 1999). Therefore there should be one more factor, directly related to the TSB and possibly of mutagenic nature.

For the old survived trees the effect of the accelerated growth is more scattered and patchy character. One can find such trees in the forest fall area, as well as outside of it. Again, the effect is more prominent in regions nearby to the TSB [Tunguska Space Body] trajectory. Besides, the contours of the areas, where the effect is observed have oval shapes stretched along the direction of the TSB trajectory (Emelyanov et al. 1979, Vasilyev 1999).

The stretched oval shapes certainly remind us of the Carolina Bays.

One has an impression that the flight of the TSB was accompanied by some unknown agent capable to induce remote ecological and maybe even genetic changes.

The paper goes on for a bit talking about trees and then mentions a possible effect on a human being:

A very interesting genetic mutation, possibly related to the Tunguska event, was discovered by Rychkov (2000). Rhesus negative persons among the Mongoloid inhabitants of Siberia are exceptionally rare. During 1959 field studies, Rychkov discovered an Evenk woman lacking the Rh-D antigen. Genetic examinations of her family enabled to conclude that a very rare mutation of the Rh-D gene happened in 1912. This mutation may have affected the women’s parents, who in 1908 lived at some 100 km distance from the epicenter and were eyewitnesses of the Tunguska explosion. The women remembered her parents’ impressions of the event: a very bright flash, a clap of thunder, a droning sound, and a burning wind (Rychkov 2000). …

A recurrent appearance of the TSB trajectory and some special points related to it in the above given stories suggests nevertheless that the flight and explosion of the TSB was accompanied by some unknown stress factor. A great challenge for the conventional Tunguska theories is where to find and explain the nature of this factor. We think that such a factor might be electromagnetic radiation. Interestingly, a powerful electromagnetic radiation is suspected to accompany electrophonic meteors - an interesting class of enigmatic meteoritic events. (emphases in quotes from this paper are mine.)

Let’s stop here and talk about electrophonics and meteors. Reports of noisy meteors date back to at least the year 817, when a Chinese observer documented a meteor with a sound "like a flock of cranes in flight." In 1676, Italian astronomer Geminiano Montanari observed one that sounded like "the rattling of a great Cart running over Stones." Montanari’s calculations put the meteor thirty-eight miles up in the sky which was, as he well knew, too far away, for its sound to reach him instantly so he doubted that he had actually heard it though, thankfully, he recorded the data anyway. Later, in 1833, an intense Leonid meteor storm resulted in more reports of meteors that swished, whooshed, or "resembled the noise of a child's popgun." Once again, it was deemed impossible for the sound to have traveled that fast, so the reports were discounted.

These odd reports were unexplained until Colin Keay , of the University of Newcastle in Australia, in 1980, suggested that as meteors fall through Earth's magnetic field, they generate radio signals audible to the human ear.

Keay knew that, ordinarily, radio waves are electromagnetic, not acoustic and thus are not something that one ordinarily “hears”. In order for something to be heard, acoustic waves - vibrations of molecules of air – have to be present. These waves impinge on the eardrum and vibrate the inner ear which then converts the vibrations into sound. Electromagnetic waves such as radio signals and visible light, don't need a medium to propagate, don’t make waves in the air, and thus don't vibrate the human eardrum. Even radio waves of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz - low frequencies, corresponding to the range of acoustic frequencies that humans can register as sound - are, by themselves, inaudible.

To make radio waves audible, humans invented the transducer, a device that efficiently translates electromagnetic waves into air-moving waves which can then be heard as sound. What Keay discovered was that even ordinary objects can act as such transducers. Slips of paper, aluminum foil, even eyeglasses: when Keay exposed them to rapidly shifting electromagnetic fields (that is, radio waves of very low frequency), the objects oscillated ever so slightly, creating weak--and faintly audible--acoustic waves.

Keay postulated that falling meteors generate very low-frequency radio signals that travel at the speed of light to the ground, where they cause any number of things in the environment to vibrate from your eyeglasses to your hair! That means that, at the exact time that you see the meteor, you may also hear crackling, whistling or swishing sounds; sounds like a jet airplane, or whatever. That is to say, you are not actually hearing sound from the fireball but rather hearing sound from local objects vibrating in response to the intense VLF emission of the fireball. That is also why the phenomenon may be heard by one person and not another

If you need a bit more on why and how this can happen, the idea is that the turbulent plasma trail behind the fireball interacts with the Earth's magnetic field, twisting and distorting it, and as then, as the field relaxes within milliseconds, it emits the VLF waves. Obviously, details such as entry angles and turbulence are probably involved which may be why all meteorites don't produce sounds, but many do. ELF and VLF electromagnetic fields can also be generated by comet or meteor explosions the same way an EMP can be generated by a nuclear explosion.

Getting back to our Tunguska comet/meteor: are there any accounts of anyone hearing it?

… at 8-9 in the morning, not later, the sky was completely clear, without any clouds. I entered the bath (in the yard) and had just taken my shirt off when suddenly I heard sounds resembling a cannonade. At once I ran to where I could see toward the south-west and west. The sounds still continued at that time, and I saw in the south-west direction, at an altitude about half way between the zenith and the horizon, a flying red sphere with rainbow stripes at its sides and behind it. The sphere remained flying fr some 3-4 seconds and then disappeared in the north-east direction. The sounds were heard all the time the sphere flew, but they ceased at once as the sphere disappeared behind the forest.

And:

I was a leather master. In summer at about 8 AM tanners and I washed wool on the bank of the Kana river when suddenly a noise as from wings of a frightened bird, emerged from the direction south to east. ... and a wave went up the river like ripples. After this a piercing strike followed and the other duller strikes, as if from underground thunder. The strike was so powerful that one of the workers… fell into the water. With the emergence of the noise, a radiance appeared in the air, of spherical shape, the size of half Moon and with a bluish tinge, quickly flying in the direction from Filimonov to Irkutsk. Behind the radiance a trail was being left in the form of sky-bluish stipes, stretching along almost all the track and gradually decaying from the end point. The radiance disappeared behind the mountain without any explosion. … the weather was absolutely clear and there was stillness all around…

Two witnesses recall that the sound was heard before the appearance of the object. One said it sounded like low thunder, another said it was “cavernous” and of a low tone. The scientist who took down these accounts, E. L. Krinov, thought that they were likely psychological in nature, that the witnesses changed the order of seeing and hearing, or thought they heard something when they didn’t. With the information about the potentials for actually hearing these things via electrophonics, let’s assume they were giving an accurate report.

What we notice is that the Tunguska sounds appear to have been very powerful. A similar terrible roar was said to have been heard by eye-witnesses to the South American event in 1935. The more recent 2002 Vitim meteorite which fell on 25 September of that year, was reported to have been accompanied by St. Elmos fire :

It was night and there was no electricity because the settlement was disconnected. I woke up and saw a flash in the street. The filament lamps of the chandelier lighted dimly to half their normal intensity. After 15-20 seconds, an underground boom was heard. Next morning I went to the dispatcher office of the airport. Security guards… told me that they had seen balls of light burning on the wooden poles of the fence surrounding the airport’s meteorological station. They were very frightened. Fires glowed on the perimeter of the protection fence for 1-2 seconds.

The settlement described above where all these electrical phenomena occurred was 30 or 40 kilometers distant from the bolide’s flight path. The Tunguska event was about 3 orders of magnitude greater than the 2002 event so one suspects that it may have caused even greater electric anomalies had there been anybody but reindeer to take note of it, or any lightbulbs around to react to the charged atmosphere.

The question is, could this electrical phenomenon be related to genetic mutations?

Even relatively brief exposures to high intensity ELF electric fields were shown to be fatal to mice, Drosophila and bees. For example, above 500 v/cm, bees sting each other to death. And 30-500 v/cm at 50 Hz is sufficient to change metabolic rate and motor activity.

ELF electric field exposure affects central nervous system. For example, a significant increase in hypothalamic activity was recorded from the microelectrodes implanted in anesthetized rats during the 1 h exposure period to the inhomogeneous electric field of 0.4 v/cm maximum at 640 Hz. Some in vitro studies indicate effects on the calcium release and biochemical function. For example, 1.55 v/cm electric field at 60 Hz caused complete loss of biochemical function in brain mitochondria after 40 min exposure.

Exposure to the ELF electric or magnetic field produces a physiological stress response. For example, rats exhibited depressed body weights, decreased levels of brain choline acetyltransferase activity, and elevated levels of liver tryptophan pyrrolase after 30-40 days exposure to 0.005-1.0 v/cm electric field at 45 Hz.

It was found that an asymmetrically pulsed magnetic field repeating at 65 Hz with a peak value of several G accelerates the healing of a bone fracture in dogs. Some studies indicated a slight enhancement of growth in plants near high-voltage transmission lines. The growth rate of beans was significantly (about 40%) effected by 64 days exposure to 0.1 v/cm electric field at 45 Hz, when the bean seeds were planted in soil. But no significant effect was observed when the soil was replaced with a nutrient solution. …

Some studies suggest that exposure to power frequency electromagnetic fields may lead to increased risks of cancer, especially for leukemia and brain cancer. ... For example, eight of the eleven studies conducted in 1991-1995 found statistically significant elevation of risk for leukemia. And four of the eight investigations that studied brain cancer also found some increase in risk (Heath 1996). Nevertheless Heath considers the overall evidence as “weak, inconsistent, and inconclusive”.

For energetic reasons, VLF/ELF radiation of not thermal intensity can not damage DNA or other cellular macromolecules directly. On this basis, the possibility that such weak electromagnetic fields can induce any biological effects was even denied for a long time (Binhi & Savin 2001), until a plethora of experimental evidence proved that “Nature’s imagination is richer than ours” (Dyson 1996). Let us mention one such recent experiment of Tokalov et al. (2003).

Cells have very effective emergency programs to cope adverse environmental conditions. Remarkably, cellular stress response is rather uniform irrespective to the stress factor nature. Some cellular functions that are not essential for survival, for example cell division, are temporarily suspended. Besides special kind of genes, the so called heat shock proteins (HSP), will be activated. Their major function is the proper refolding of the damaged proteins. Heat shock proteins, notably the HSP70, were first discovered while investigating cellular responses to a heat shock, hence the name. Tokalov et al. (2003) studied effects of three different stressors on the induction of several heat shock proteins and on the cell division dynamics. The stress was produced by 200 keV X-ray irradiation, by exposure to a weak ELF electromagnetic field (50 Hz, 60 ± 0.2 µT ), or by a thermal shock (41°C for 30 min)....

The fact that weak electromagnetic fields can induce the stress proteins indicates that cells consider electromagnetic fields as potentially hazardous (Goodman & Blank 2002). This is surprising enough, because the magnitude of an effective magnetic stimulus is very small. Electromagnetic fields can induce the synthesis of HSP70 at an energy densities fourteen orders of magnitude lower than heat shock (Goodman & Blank 2002). Such extra sensitivity to the magnetic field must have good evolutionary grounds. Interesting thermo-protective effect of the ELF electromagnetic field exposure mentioned above, and the absence of any effects of weak electromagnetic fields on the cell proliferation, may indicate that cells are not really expecting any damage from the weak electromagnetic impulse, but instead they are using this impulse as some kind of early warning system to prepare for the really hazardous other stress factors which often follow the electromagnetic impulse. There is another aspect of this problem also: some recent findings in evolutionary biology suggest that heat shock proteins play important role in evolution. HSP90 guides the folding process of signal transduction proteins which play a key role

HSP70 guides the folding process of signal transduction proteins which play a key role in developmental pathways. When HSP70 functions normally, a large amount of genetic variation, usually present in genotype, is masked and does not reveal itself in phenotype. However, under the stress Hsp70 is recruited to help chaperone a large number of other cellular proteins. Its normal role is impaired and it can no longer buffer variation. Therefore some mutations will become unmasked and individuals with abnormal phenotype will appear in the population. If a mutation proves to be beneficial in the new environmental conditions, the related traits will be preserved even after the HSP70 resumes its normal function. Therefore HSP70 acts as a capacitor of evolution. If environmental conditions are stable, the buffering role of HSP70 ensures the stability of phenotype despite increased accumulation of hidden mutations in genotype. When the environmental conditions suddenly change, as for example after the asteroid impact, which is believed to cause the dinosaur extinction 65 million years ago, this great potential of genetic variation is released in phenotype and the natural selection quickly finds the new forms of life with greater fitness. The Drosophila experiments of Rutherford and Lindquist (1998) demonstrated this beautiful mechanism, which may constitute the molecular basis of evolution....

Further studies have shown that the HSP70 and HSP60 protein families also buffer phenotypic variation (Rutherford 2003). As was mentioned above, experiments demonstrated that ELF electromagnetic fields can induce various heat shock proteins and in particular HSP70. Therefore we can speculate that ecological and genetic consequences of the Tunguska event are possibly not related to mutations which happened during the event, but are manifestations of the latent mutations, already present in the Tunguska biota, which were unmasked due to the stress response. ELF/VLF radiation from the Tunguska bolide might act as a stressor thereby explaining why the effect is concentrated towards the trajectory projection. …

We do not know whether the TSB flight was also accompanied by ionizing radiation. This is not excluded as well because the strong electric fields associated with the alleged space charge separation could produce energetic enough runaway electrons. Even if present, this radiation maybe will be too attenuated before reaching the ground to produce significant biological effects. However, it seems very plausible that at least the explosion was accompanied by intense bursts of ionizing radiation from lightnings with possible biological consequences….

Interestingly, if the above given explanation is correct, the Tunguska genetic anomaly represents in miniature the action of the molecular basis of evolution. On much more grater scale, global catastrophic events, like the asteroid crash 65 million years ago which ended the dinosaur era, boost[ed] the evolution by the same mechanism. We are left to admire the Grand Design of Nature and try to survive its next evolutionary turn. (Emphasis, mine.)

However, as we notice, the genetic changes that might be induced by these electromagnetic phenomena can be positive or negative and it gives an all-new meaning to creation having taken place by the “Word of God”!

My footnote to the last comment:

One also wonders, in passing, about the possible relationship between electrophonic sounds and the many reports of strange and mysterious sounds coming from the earth and sky in the past few years. Is there a relationship between them and the increasing reports of cannibalism around the planet?

Laura said:
I've been somewhat quiet because I am pressing hard to wrap up Volume 1 before the end of this month. But, in the meantime, I wrote a section yesterday that I want to share in advance because it relates a bit to some recent phenomena, the Zombie thing. So, here it is:
{snip}

Fascinating, Laura! Some amazing dots connected, there. The whole bit about the Heat Shock Proteins, which I never knew existed, and their role in evolution is really amazing. It makes me wonder if the cometary bombardment which accompanies the Wave actually serves a functional purpose, not only in the 'cleansing of the Earth', but in fascilitating the evolution of those who survive.

Back
Top Bottom