Star Wars: The Mandalorian

I started watching the show yesterday and I'm already looking forward to the next episode of the second season.

I think that if it has captured the attention of the group here and several in the forum, it is because of the depth of the topics that the plot touches, when we see in depth the archetypes that come into play.

Although you can see that the Mandalorian is an anti-hero, he is actually making the hero's journey. And within the star wars universe, it is easy to see that everything that happens to the Mandalorian, is the will of the Force, always looking for the balance.

That said, those of you who are not yet convinced to watch the show, give it a try.

I started watching the show yesterday and I'm already looking forward to the next episode of the second season.

I think that if it has captured the attention of the group here and several in the forum, it is because of the depth of the topics that the plot touches, when we see in depth the archetypes that come into play.

Although you can see that the Mandalorian is an anti-hero, he is actually making the hero's journey. And within the star wars universe, it is easy to see that everything that happens to the Mandalorian, is the will of the Force, always looking for the balance.

That said, those of you who are not yet convinced to watch the show, give it a try.
Precisely what I was thinking- basically the Star Wars saga has all the elements of mythology- The Hero with a Thousand Faces formula - you have heros, magic, good guys and bad guys, epic battles and the quests- to evolve into something greater than before whilst overcoming all manner of adversity.
I think the reason this and things like super hero movies are so appealing is because we NEED heros snd heroines- we just do not have that in our reality anymore - someone to lead by example, like JFK, Dwight Eisenhower, Teddy Roosevelt. People may not agree with this assessment but that is my take f.w.i.w.

I think the reason this and things like super hero movies are so appealing is because we NEED heros snd heroines- we just do not have that in our reality anymore

I dare say that it is an effect of the battle between the archetypes and centers of thought of our reality. This need is the expression of the archetype of good, the center of thought of being.

I dare say that it is an effect of the battle between the archetypes and centers of thought of our reality. This need is the expression of the archetype of good, the center of thought of being.
Looking back at my post it may seem that I am ignoring those people who are indeed heros- folks that put themselves in harms way daily, like gals and guys in uniform wherever they may serve, first responders, police officers, medical personnel that work long hours and all the everyday people that just take action when many would look the other way- there are still many who give hope and my deepest respect to all of you!

I´ve finally watched Mandalorian, all 6 episodes of season 2 that are out so far.
I liked it, of course.... ;-D

Here are major spoilers from Mandalorian and CW series.

Mandalorian fractions

From CW series was seen that there were basically 2 Mandalorian fractions:
1. government led by Duchess Satine, rightful leader of Mandalore, who led Mandalore to new peaceful and diplomatic era
2. Death Watch, situated on the moon of the planet Mandalore Concordia, was a Mandalorian terrorist splinter group that opposed the pacifist government of Mandalore, led by Duchess Satine. Bo Katan (sister of Duchess Satine) was it´s member. Basically, a group of exiled Mandalorian warriors who wanted Mandalore to return to the traditional warlike ways of the past.

Bo Katan was the leader of The Nite Owls - an elite Mandalorian unit made up of female warriors. When Bo-Katan joined Death Watch, the Nite Owls sided with the group and with its leader, Pre Vizsla. Death Watch later aligned themselves with the Separatists and later with Darth Maul, at which point Bo Katan left the Watch with part of the Nite Owls who stand with her. Those who joined Bo-Katan became part of the Mandalore resistance and fought against Maul's Shadow Collective and his Mandalorian super commandos, even attempting to free Bo-Katan's sister, the former Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, whom they had formerly opposed due to her pacifist idealism.
Etc....

So where do the Children of the Watch (as Bo Katan called Mando) come into picture? According to SW Wiki, it is "a cult of religious zealots that followed the Way of the Mandalore, which had since fallen out of the mainstream Mandalorian society". So it seems, it was created for purposes of this series and there is no references to it before.
So, my understanding is that Disney basically created a new Mandalorian fraction called Children of the Watch, as a spinster cult of the Death Watch, which kidnaps children and indoctrinates them in "The Way". What do you think?

Ahsoka Tano

I was kinda hoping that we will get some closure on her character.
Ok, the series is not jet over, but in Rebels we were left with an impression that she is on the quest to find Ezra Bridger and now we see her basically cleaning up the galaxy from leftovers of imperial warlord in search for Grand Admiral Thrawn. 🤷‍♀️

As for her character played in the series, I think it was pretty well done, except from the one small cosmetic remark - she is Togruta species, who as they get older, their head-tails also get longer. So I expected, she will have them really long, at least to her waist but Disney apparently didn´t bother with that detail.

Boba Fett

Jei, we have jet another resurrection.... :rolleyes:
So, after Mando tricked the dragon in s2ep1, we get the idea on how Boba might have survived the Pit of Carkoon / the Sarlaccs.
Here Disney is basically collecting points from fans, but ok...

As for resurrections, I also have an idea on who will be the master who pick up Grogu´s signal... ;-D
My guess is that it will be the master who we didn´t actually see dead and his name starts with "M". ;-)

Snoke "beginnings"?

In s2ep4 we see them destroy the laboratory where Empire was experimenting with the transfusion of the blood of Baby Joda (?) and we see deformed beings in those tubes. So it kinda looks like first tries to create Snoke....?

I watched both seasons with my wife and we enjoyed the show, it was well made series.
Ending of the second season was quite impressive, where the Jedi who comes to rescue Groku is no other than Luke Skywalker. It is made with visual effect technology so Luke has the appearance of young Mark Hamill. Although you can notice the slightly "robotic" animation, it was cool and nostalgic idea to combine "past and present" this way.

Now that there is some distance, maybe this look back at 2020 is helpful. It's generic Star Wars and there are some Mando scenes. They also get some things wrong, but I thought it was pretty good.

(Warning: lots of Star Wars spoilers)

LOL, this you?

I cancelled my Disney+ subscription, as I was only really watching Mando, and a few movies here and there. I plan to go over to Netflix eventually, for Ertugrul and Bridgerton, and also never saw Stranger Things.

You guys want something with a little more depth and a unique story, you can check out His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. Unlike the bastardized Disney movie version a few years back, the TV series now into its second season, does not disappoint.
Great show! Ever since you mentioned this, it's been in the back of my mind so I finally decided to start watching it the other day and it doesn't disappoint. One thing I noticed, and hopefully this isn't too much of a spoiler, is that the story follows along a similar vein as The Wizard of Oz and even Buffy the Vampire Slayer (sort of). At least the broader theme is that of a young girl or teenager on the brink of womanhood (Dorothy, Buffy, Lyra) who discovers there's more to her than meets the eye and on their way to becoming who they are meant to be and fulfilling their destiny, realize they can't do it own their own and are vulnerable to dangerous outside forces, so they inadvertently meet a ragtag group of protectors/help/assistance who are on their own path of discovery or redemption that's later realized to be co-linear, who just happen to be what's needed for her to survive the quest. His Dark Materials tugs on this theme really well. One thing about the newer Star Wars movies with Rey and why they failed, is that this never really happens. She meets her ragtag group, but instead of being reliant upon them for help and each having their own path to fulfill through helping her, the feminist tripe was that she's just too darn good at everything to need them to begin with.

Lots of excellent scripts are rejected nowadays by Hollywood out of fear of Cancel Culture. Reason: not inclusive enough. A movie or a TV show cannot anymore have principally white actors. There must be lots of mixed color actors, who are - understandably - out of their 'region of audience' [India, Middle-East mostly]. Western audiences shun them, thus plummeting ratings and deteriorating Hollywood output.

Even The Mandalorian was attacked by Cancel Culture recently they kicked out Gina Carano.

Very few TV shows remain watchable in this 'movie Nazi atmosphere'.

The only Entertainment Space that has not been invaded by the Rainbow Flag Mob is the land of East, home of the souley, touchey-feely human models. South Korea is the new Hollywood. Their excellent TV Shows have 8.6--9+ ratings and are well worth watching. Their ratings are way higher than most sinking Western TV Shows. Their Ministry of Fun is churning out their TV Shows at a dizzying rate.

Amazing Korean ProleFeed entertainment examples:
1. My Mister best of the best romance with excellent music
2. On the Verge of Insanity: The Office, essentially
3. Mad for Each Other (romance)
4. Taxi Driver: [Korean version of the The Saint]
5. Sisyphus The Myth (romance, time travel)
6. L.U.C.A. The Beginning (romance)
7. Mr.Queen (historical romance, excellent!)
8. Kingdom: season 1-2.. (zombies, Dark Ages)
9. The Uncanny Counter
10. Misaeng: Incomplete Life, 2014 version (The Office, Korean version )
11. Arthdal Chronicles (fantasy, excellent music)
12. Scams (TV Mini-Series 2019–)

Western TV Shows, like the Mandalorian that somehow managed to more or less avoid pathological bosses [producers], who are ruining everything nowadays creating a 'Media Desert', so shows worth watching:
1. Loki: this is a movie, experimentally broken down into a TV mini-series
2. Mandalorian
3. Mr Inbetween: hard life of small-time gangsters & their families Season 1-3 (UK show, excellent!!)
4. Stargirl (barely)
5. Ted Lasso: Excellent soccer manager comedy!!
6. Orville: this is the lone, best fantastic, sci-fi comedy - filled with a script radiating Life & Heartfelt Giggles - existing today that hasn't been canceled yet
7. Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal (Very good serious cartoon about 'Primary Reality'-survival in the Stone Age)
8. Upload: excellent satiric comedy!!
9. The Witcher: very best fantasy comedy starring the actor of Superman, The Man of Steel, The Sole Adonis left on this planet, most girls' 'Dream Husband', Henry Cavill.... :)
10. Lost in Space (cute female cast)
11. Overlord: very good Asian cartoon, best quality everywhere (drawing, music, acting, fantastic Asian voice acting)
12. Stranger Things
13. Taboo: very best acting and show from Tom Hardy
14. Ragnarok: Swedish, so-so okay, mythical
15. One Punch Man: Wanpanman Very best Japanese anime, story, direction, Japanese voice actors, character development, confrontations, everything top-notch
16. Avenue 5: Excellent sci-fi satiric comedy about the folly of mega-corporations managing Earth nearly into a state of Idiocracy
17. Star Trek: Picard - Okay.
18. Project Blue Book
19. Better Call Saul: superb acting, true excellence, comparable to the unforgettable True Detective Season 1
20. Westworld: all seasons
21. Motherland: Fort Salem - alternate history, what happened after the Witch Burnings was turned upside down in the USA. Lots of attractive actresses!
22. Space Force: excellent satire of the Deep State
23. Warrior Nun Areala - okay, cute actresses
24. Hanna: very nice genetic human enhancement show
25. Cursed (2020): King Arthur myth but with a female lead
26. Vikingane: Excellent satiric comedy of the Viking Era with modern psychological terms & language!
27. Don't Look Deeper Sci-fi, mystery: okay..
28. Yellowstone: surprisingly good drama over power & land ownership battle in the USA
29. The Boys: very good superhero satire/comedy from the creator of the TV Show Supernatural
30. Star Trek: Lower Decks okay cartoon
31. A Discovery of Witches surprisingly good fantasy with competent cast, excellent music!
32. The Expanse: a rare sci-fi based on a book, still remaining
33. Resident Alien: Superb alien invasion comedy criticizing also the Snowflake Culture
34. Shadow and Bone: recent very nice fantasy, good music!
35. Debris: okay sci-fi, mystery
36. Lucifer: surprisingly resilient detective comedy that lasted till season 5, then Hollywood allowed the director to finish it off with season 6 next year.

I'm using movies and TV shows for art reference, regards anatomy (well proportioned muscles in action positions), splendid stage props, costumes, special effects, lighting, background land-paintings and music.

Last edited:
I've now seen the end of season two and I really liked both of them. And yes, I am a advertiser. Better said my husband. He found Baby Yoda just too cute to resist. So my present arrived yesterday. And he just knows my nerd programs. 🤓 🥰

IMG_9116.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom