Star Wars

Me?! YOU bring out the worst in me! Clearly it's all your fault.

OK what's the rationalization or raison d'être for fluffy banter that vectors away from Star Wars, a cultural icon of epic proportions, a story telling masterpiece and the imaginary backstory for every guy's life born from 1950 to....?

OK there is a serious question posed by the bar flies: at what point, or generation did Star Wars lose its significance and allure? The 4th one? (which is really before the first three, so it is number what - 1 minus 1?) Which generation of youth did NOT connect the way the earlier generations of males (and females) did? This could be a cultural key of some sort. My daughter is a gen Z and while she relates to Star Wars, she also sees the utter hokum and absurdity of the later movies. (but she does not have they utterly angry bitter distaste that my first millennial son does for how the later movies ruined and degraded the franchise, feeling betrayed by the rug pull)

There, I have saved you, m'lady, with a deft lane change back into serious relevancy from the riffraff choir. You are welcome.

Do you ALWAYS have to disagree, just to show there is another way of seeing things? Ugh, there is nothing worse than having to take your own medicine! What were the seats in the Millennium Falcon upholstered with? Sandalwood Scented Bantha Shag? It was the 70's, were they died green and orange to match that aesthetic, too? And I suppose the death star gunner seats and gloves were made from Ewok skins. Oops, the riffing raff is back. C'mon Jacygirl, let's keep it serious here!
Ugh, seriously. Ok I will be serious.
I remember lining up in the rain outside with a friend to get into the theatre to see the first Star Wars movie. I also watched the second one. I'm not sure if I saw any of the 43 sequels and prequels that followed.
So I have no idea about the decor, but using Ewok skins is not cool. Pleather is a kinder gentler upholstery material.
I apologize for being so riff-raffy but I blame the company I keep.

Back
Top Bottom