Strange Occurances

D

dhess31

About three years ago, before I started reading the Cass material I started to do a regimen designed to "open my third-eye". Ever since then, I have strange occurances a few times a month.

One of the most regular is that I see, upon waking, an astral "spider". It looks like it is trying to weave a web. I've seen this probably 7-10 times lately.

Also, I often see "writing on the wall". Most of the times I can't read it, but the one time I could it stated "Beware those who oppress the soul".

Finally, at certain times of the day, or when certain people come around, I get this insane "pulsing" where the "third-eye" is supposed to be. Sometimes it is a pressure, or it itches.

Thoughts on this? Comments?

Don

I've noticed a tingling of the surface meridian, mostly when i think or read about G's system or practice his teachings. It's right on the skin, or within it, right about where my third eye would be. Sometimes i can shift the sensation to circle the crown of my head, it reminds me of the feel one gets when playing with bioenergy, but usually it starts without my direct volition.

don't know why, or what it indicates, but i assume its some sort of psychic growth in response to the work.

I've noticed the same type of thing as dhess31 and Cyre mentioned with the third eye, but its not so much a tingling but more like a pressure going inward. Like its behind my eyes so to speak. Very noticable and I agree that thinking about the Work stimulates it though it is not limited to that only. i usually find a lot of pressure at the crown going on at the same time but not always. I'm guessing too that its indicative of some type of growth or change, wish I understood it more myself.

dhess31 said:
Finally, at certain times of the day, or when certain people come around, I get this insane "pulsing" where the "third-eye" is supposed to be. Sometimes it is a pressure, or it itches.
Cyre2067 said:
I've noticed a tingling of the surface meridian, mostly when i think or read about G's system or practice his teachings. It's right on the skin, or within it, right about where my third eye would be. Sometimes i can shift the sensation to circle the crown of my head, it reminds me of the feel one gets when playing with bioenergy, but usually it starts without my direct volition.
manitoban said:
I've noticed the same type of thing as dhess31 and Cyre mentioned with the third eye, but its not so much a tingling but more like a pressure going inward. Like its behind my eyes so to speak. Very noticable and I agree that thinking about the Work stimulates it though it is not limited to that only. i usually find a lot of pressure at the crown going on at the same time but not always.
These symptoms are all very similar, yet there are differences. All in all, I have read about both meridian tingles and deeper pressures in the head in the literature on East Indian Yoga. One author calls these false headaches. There can be pressure on the crown, the forhead, behind the eyes and at the base of the skull as well as corresponding itching or tingling sensations along the meridian that bisects the head down the middle at or around the skin surface. I've also felt these symptoms myself on occasion.

dhess31: I believe your symptoms denote a combination of meridial stress (itching) and deeper stimulation. What we need to remember here is that these are physical symptoms not manifestations on some etheric plane. In other words, the work creates pressure on the nerves to conduct greater charge, and the most recent relevant research indicates that meditators' brain actually grows:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8317

The growth of the cortex is not due to the growth of new neurons,...but results from wider blood vessels, more supporting structures such as glia and astrocytes, and increased branching and connections.
So very likely there is a reformation at the cellular level of our organic structures related to the "third eye". And probably, this affects and puts pressure on structures around those being affected as well, such as the optic nerve. We know that some headaches are caused by blood vessel constriction, and that increased neural conductivity can cause constriction of the fine muscle tissue in the head.

Information is processed in a new way, and the word transformation is probably more literal than many think because the way we percieve and think is intimately related to our neurological structure. At the same time our body is affected on a profound level through a neurochemical rebalancing that can involve the pituitary and pineal glands.

The surface meridian is not just a skin channel, but is also tied into deeper structures, which the surface tactile sensations can reflect in the same way an acupuncture point on the arm can affect the lung or pericardium. AS for the writing on the wall, you can consider it as similar to information you receive in the dream state, only this time those perception "circuits" are functioning while awake.

This can be correspondent to an energetic reality layer on the "outside", a reflection of an inner revelation or emerging process, or a combination nof both, IMO. It is interesting that the "astral spider" experience is similar to certain effects occuring during the ingestion of psychedelics, and can be a superposition of inter-D perception and one's own neural structure firing in a manner stronger than before.

It can also be a perceptual or symbolic interpretation of witnessing a "thoughtform" or something recieved within and projected onto the visual field. Again, I think it is similar to witnessing the same thing in a dream. See if this thing moves when you shift your gaze. If it does or disappears, it is most likely from the inside.

Also, it would be interesting to explore if those who cause pressure in your third eye area share any common traits regarding personal disposition, energy, personality etc. You may be reacting to something. Whether it is positive (because of an increased energy presence) or negative (a tension reaction), I cannot say with the info available.

Brent, ditto regarding the meridial stimulus. It seeems it predominates in you because you are involved mostly in bioenergetic methods, which tend to focus transformation response through the meridial structures since these are where you place primary focus. This occurs even with bone marrow concetration methods, although if you emphasize the latter you may experience deeper flows in the body.

Since you obviously read and think a lot (and play computer games) the activated energy tends to concentrate and perhaps over-concentrate in this area. Doing something physical like Tai Chi, or just circulating energy through your whole body is better than focusing on the head too much. Try getting sensation at the soles of the feet, palms of the hands, the navel center and up and down the spine when you do mental work or play games, and after you get the third eye sensation, and see what happens.

Regarding video games, here are some interesting articles from New Scientist, although they go beyond this topic:

http://www.newscientisttech.com/channel/tech/dn8327.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8449.html

The thing is when you are stimulating the proverbial "third eye" in one way (through the "work") and then stimulating it another way (through games) there may be contradictory signals and dissociative effects due to sensitization vs. desensitization. Not to mention the neurochemistry of addiction, and how that affects overall growth. Just a few things to consider.

manitoban: The deeper the pressure the deeper the areas being affected. The thing is that what goes on in the brain cannot be felt so these are all secondary reflections coming from surrounding tissue outside the blood/brain barrier. There is also the issue of cerebrospinal fluid whose chemical content and flow rate is also variable, and can cause pressure at the top of the head.

Our etheric centers have a field component, meaning they are correlated to electromagnetic effects. They are not just from some other dimension, and these energies affect the local cellular structure. In all these cases it is usually best to observe whether particular conditions tend to encourage the effect or if it seems to be completely random. These conditions include, thoughts, weather, diet, people and circumstances during the day. Again, just a few things to consider.

Could you share your regime with me?
Where can I learn about meridians?

Thanks to all for the information...

EQ, I've never actually "noticed" any similar traits that cause the "third-eye" to pulse, but I don't necessarily have the awareness to be able to do it.
And when I see the writing and the spider, it seems to pulse through the "third-eye" if that makes any sense. It doesn't seem to go through my eyes.I know that sounds odd but that is the best way to describe it. It is always black and white as well with no color.

Don

Sometimes I'll catch something out of the corner of my eye, or I could've sworn that someone was standing behind me, but nothing's there. The really really wierd thing that I've been wanting to get off my chest, is this, though.

Sometimes I'll be driving or walking at night under a streetlamp, and it'll just wink off. And I've been noticing that more and more of them are behaving this way. Am I just being paranoid or nutty? I don't know. If there is a non-wierd explanation, I'd love to hear it.

I'm often seeing 'things' in the corner of my eyes recently, and this post remind me that last night I saw something very clearly, a weird oblong shape. Often lightbulbs wink off, too, and I wonder if it did do that or if it was me blinking!

We're all insane.

John Chang said:
Sometimes I'll be driving or walking at night under a streetlamp, and it'll just wink off. And I've been noticing that more and more of them are behaving this way. Am I just being paranoid or nutty? I don't know. If there is a non-wierd explanation, I'd love to hear it.
This happens regularly to me as well, and has happened for decades. It doesn't surprise me anymore, and whether the lights go out due to my presence, or do to some completely unrelated phenomenon, I've no way to tell, but just know that you're not alone on this one. Unfortunately, I can offer very little in way of an explanation. :/

Cyre2067 said:

don't know why, or what it indicates, but i assume its some sort of psychic growth in response to the work.
Not to imply anything about you here since I don't know you, but I think a word of caution is in order. Be very careful about drinking alcohol when you're thinking with a hammer. Some "substances" alter brain chemistry and mental states, change blood flow, etc., any of which might lead to serious physical problems, and having so much microwave energy moving around in the environment isn't beneficial either. . . Weird manifestations could possibly occur that have little if anything to do with psychic growth. Conversely, such conditions could lead to dain bramage ;)

John Chang said:
anart said:
This happens regularly to me as well, and has happened for decades. It doesn't surprise me anymore, and whether the lights go out due to my presence, or do to some completely unrelated phenomenon, I've no way to tell, but just know that you're not alone on this one. Unfortunately, I can offer very little in way of an explanation. :/
Wow. So I'm not alone with this. It happens quite often with me while driving at night, often enough that I'm also no longer surprised when it does happen! Quite interesting. I cannot however offer any explanation so I'd also love to hear if someone's got any thoughts on the matter. Maybe street lamps are just so cheaply mass produced to the point of unreliability these days. ;-)

Cyre2067 said:

Since I've read and practice one of the excerises in the "Ancient Teachings for Beginners" by Douglas DeLong, I can feel or aware of my "third eye" sensation (felt more like a pressure from inside the skin). That was two years ago. Every now and then, I can feel it pulsing or pressure on my "third eye" whenever I read something or thinking (sorting out problems in daydreams). But, now everytime I read C's material and Ra material, my "third eye" was going like crazy (more pressure spreading and longer) as in I'm starting to be more awared than before.

I am not sure if this "third eye" is related to knowledge/awareness increase.

Zadius Sky said:
I am not sure if this "third eye" is related to knowledge/awareness increase.
You are also not sure that your sensations have anything to do with this "third eye". They may have to do with the fourth or fifth eye. (why to stop at number three?)

Heh wow, it's funny to read stuff i posted ~ a year ago. Actually my third... err... that part of my forehead hasn't tingled, popped or buzzed in a while. I also pulled back on the bio-energetics, mostly because there's more important things to do.

It's funny to see how much i wanted 'something' tangible to indicate progress.

"Oooo my third eye is tingling! I must be Speh-shul!!!!! Look at me!"

::pokes fun at self::

Back
Top Bottom