Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Meager1 said:
Wow, strange looking sky as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYQ0JDF_VbU&feature=related
Yes, VERY strange skies especially the first part of the video, with all the colors. The Olympic insignia cloud formation is not intended to have been natural though is it?

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

We have iridescent clouds here regularly now, though it's usually only iridescent on the edge of the cloud - not sure about those circular clouds, though.

bngenoh said:
Meager1 said:

Yes, VERY strange skies especially the first part of the video, with all the colors. The Olympic insignia cloud formation is not intended to have been natural though is it?

Yep, it is last year's 1st of April prank by one of the Russian TV stations. Sochi (and it was supposedly taken in Sochi) is planned to host 2014 Olympic games.

I don`t trust much on U tube either, but I have witnessed a smaller version of those big round clouds, though it wasn`t glowing orange like the one on the video.

The one I saw was just white and gray, though it did look very similar to what was shown.

We have had the iridescent ones here too and what is most noticeable is that they seem very much whiter then the surrounding clouds, and have the rainbow kind of appearance usually inside them, or around one edge.

I spend a good deal of time outside and the sky is just getting creepier and creepier to me.

Sometimes I don`t even want to look up, because I`m almost afraid of what I might see!

As an aside, something I noticed just today, was that one of my dogs didn`t seem to hear me calling (very loudly) from less then 100 feet away. Yes, he is an older dog about 10 years old, but has never exhibited any hearing problems, and he still doesn`t, except for the incident today.

I know that people are reporting hearing strange sounds from everywhere, but I wonder if the opposite could be happening as well?

I went inside and got the dog treat jar, brought it outside and shook it loudly, a sound they will come running to from anywhere, but this guy didn`t even hear that, or respond to that either!

I was laughing by now and thinking my god he`s gone deaf..and was just about to give up and go after him when he "noticed" me and came running back.

I have puzzled over this all day, since it was such an odd thing, a "really" odd thing.

He was slightly uphill from me, but not very far away, yet it really appeared as though my voice was not reaching him, even from that short distance!

There probably is no connection, but now I`m curious, as to whether anyone has heard of people or any other animals "not" hearing, what they should be hearing, lately?

i recently saw this coloring similar to this u- tube, and thought it odd, and just contributed it to the heavy aircraft condensation being done in that area at that time. And i mean heavy.

Though i would not say it was identical it was very similar in nature with the rainbow affect.

This not the first time i witnessed this phenomena, but recently in January 2012 in the United States it seemed much more colorful like this
recent one posted by Meager1.

Attachments

• color cloud 1-5-2012 (765x522).jpg
    color cloud 1-5-2012 (765x522).jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 7

I observed an iridescent cloud that didn't look like any cloud I've noticed previously some months ago. It was unusual enough to make me stop my car and photograph it, but the pictures didn't really convey the colorings so I scrapped them.

Couple more that I don't think we've heard before. Could be faked, but they seem enough different to be checked out.

Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF2mIFSjFuo&feature=related

France:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PigGwteLhjM&feature=related

(This last one, you'd think they'd do better if it was being faked.)

Laura said:
Couple more that I don't think we've heard before. Could be faked, but they seem enough different to be checked out.

Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF2mIFSjFuo&feature=related

France:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PigGwteLhjM&feature=related

(This last one, you'd think they'd do better if it was being faked.)

Some one asks a good question on the comment bit on the last one.

"so everyone around the world decided all on the 19th Jan mind you to upload "fake noise" videos?"

Struck me as weird also as it was my birthday.

Well, if that was the time when something was heard all over the planet, which would make sense, then it makes sense! Unless, of course, it was a planned disinfo op.

Laura said:
Well, if that was the time when something was heard all over the planet, which would make sense, then it makes sense! Unless, of course, it was a planned disinfo op.
My thoughts exactly.

Laura said:

Yep. Well, it was January 19th, which is 119 (at least in the States) - so that date wouldn't be an unusual one for a disinfo op, knowing how they like 1s and 9s and plays on 911. With that said, I'm still leaning strongly toward the vast majority of the sounds being genuine, but I guess we'll see.

So, I've been collecting all the links to these videos in a spreadsheet and making notes. I've got about 55, plus all the ones in the compilation video (so about 60+ in total). Out of these, 3 are self-admitted hoaxes (the Lviv, Taipei and Calgary vids), and I'd say 10 for sure use the soundtrack from the Kiev video. The guy in this debunking video makes a good point. The hoaxed videos just use portions of the first 3 minutes of the Kiev video, and you can tell by the squeak and bird sounds, as well as the duration of tones before and after, their pitches, and the sounds of the handheld camera moving around and making clicks. (For reference, in the Kiev video, the distinctive sounds can be heard at 1:15 [squeak], 1:26 [camera moves], 2:03 [double click], and 2:42 [bird call].) Depending on where the hoaxes start, you can hear these sounds in sequence (e.g. the Nimes video uses the audio from just before the squeak until after the double click). Just for the record, all of the following videos use the sounds from the Kiev video, with upload dates in parentheses.

Poland (9/9/11)
Mexico (10/11/11)
Brussels (10/21/11)
Conklin AB (1/12/12)
Mexico (1/14/12)
Manitoba (1/15/12)
Nimes France (1/17/12)
Vancouver (1/25/12 - this is the classroom video and uses 0:35-1:30 of the Kiev video, approximately)
Chicago (1/12)
Edmonton (1/12)

Now, the debunker guy says "most" of the videos have these sounds, but he only shows clips from 6. But out of all the videos I've watched, I can only say for sure that these 10 use the track, and that is way less than "most". And his link with the War of the Worlds squeak is pretty weak, IMO. Plus, NONE of the videos use the Red State soundtrack. The tones/intervals are easily identifiable in the Red State video (G/G#, D/D#) and don't match the strange sounds.

BTW, can someone watch this video and give us an idea of what they're saying? It's a news report on the Kiev videos.

http://youtu.be/7_o-p1IoWno

Well, that's pretty awesome, AI. First step is to collect and start trying to classify.

Approaching Infinity said:
BTW, can someone watch this video and give us an idea of what they're saying? It's a news report on the Kiev videos.

http://youtu.be/7_o-p1IoWno

I think it's Ukrainian, but was able to get the gist of it. At the beginning of the video they basically quoted the description of Kiev or other Youtube videos; read some of the replies, then they showed scenes from Cloverfield (?), and then the reporter went to ask people who live in the area if they heard anything like it. All of them said no, that maybe these are drunk people or construction work. Then the reporter said that after looking around, the real explanation turns out to be quite prosaic. And then you see images and sounds of construction work, which are not at all similar, but I think she also mentioned something about construction sounds resonating/reflecting from the buildings, and thus being distorted.

Btw, one of the replies to this video is from a person who supposedly lives there (he says that his house can be seen in the video) and that one day in August he heard those sounds. According to him, they were so loud, he thought that a skyscraper is falling, though he couldn't see the source. But after 5 minutes he got bored, closed the window and went to play video games. Another one said that he also heard the sound for 2 days and thought that they were building a bridge nearby.

Thanks for that, Keit. It sounds like damage control is going on with the media there. The two commenters you cite suggest exactly how easy it is to normalize things, shove it under the rug, and thus miss huge warnings.

Back
Top Bottom