Stuart Wilde?

Laura said:
Ohlove, as has been mentioned, you need to read the rules of this forum. There you will find that our work is closely tied to the work of Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda and the Sufi Shaykh, Ibn al-Arabi. Also, the fact is, these concepts are well represented in the work of several modern psychologists such as Martha Stout, Barbara Hort, Elan Goulomb, and particularly in Dabrowski's theories of positive disintegration.
It is my impression that some of the new members have the tendency to skim or skip the forum rules and go straight to "Agree." This tendency also includes skipping the quotes. The main quotes from writings of Boris Mouravieff and Georges I. Gurdjieff are very necessary and important. I read the rules twice before I clicked on "Agree" when I joined this forum, and I would re-read these rules every other week to refresh my mind.

ohlove said:
I'm sorry, this place seems for fighting, debating and all that stuff I left long ago. Beau, why are you asking me to point someone out and do quotes. I browsed this sight today, i felt dizzy.
Ohlove, this forum is a place for discussion, not debate. We do quotes (sources) to back up our "opinions" of something or someone and without them, opinions are useless. If you want to say something nice about them, that's fine. But, if you want to say something about how they affect others, what they do, and the results - then we'd need "quotes" or sources to back them up (so we would go to those sources for verification).

When you say you'd get dizzy for browsing for "quotes," that's the sign of the predator pushing the "make her tired" button.

ohlove said:
Sleep? I'm awake here, listening to you and reading and taking it all in, forgive me I'm still finding my way around. These are my personal perceptions, what I'm feeling here. It feels sort of contentious, like some are looking for a fight.
Perceptions are subject to change. And, no one is looking for a fight, as CarpeDiem mentioned.

fwiw and my two cent.

Edit:

Russ said:
I heard about Stuart Wilde a while back, he reminds me a bit of Joe Rogan, David Icke etc. (...)I get the impression that they think they're some kind of conduits for higher knowledge, and that it can only be attained through them, kind of like a delusional Jesus complex. And they can't really get out of it because they're in a sort of heirarchical system where they're always at the top, and when other people start to believe what they say, it makes them believe themselves even more, which can make the "noise" of their transmission even worse.
I've read one of Stuart Wilde books once a while back (I think it was "sixth sense"). It made me uneasy (in term of going into his "reality" where I felt uncomfortable being in and just had to get out), and it didn't "click." Same goes for David Icke.

OK, Thank you all for your time and efforts. Peg thank you for being kind in your responses~it's much appreciated and needed.

Stuart Wilde is trying to get people to look at thier disgusting predatorial, dark and cold aspects. Do you think maybe the world is a troubled violent place because humanity has been numbed by things like arguing ones point endlessly, ego gratification, television, sex, greed, disinformation,.the media etc. The world has become a heartless place in a way.

Anyway, you would have to read SW's recent books to understand his purpose as I'm not here to preach it. I will say though, he is not trying to make people comfy and better able to sleep at night..on the contrary, he is trying to help people look at thier shadow and become whole, and not so nasty and bitter and sad. Which is a large part of the problem as, most people dont' give a crap about what goes on in the world, they have blinders, YEP! They don't mean to not "see" or "hear" they aren't even aware of putting a fluffy pillow over thy head. It's just people are in pain, and have trouble seeing (having compassion for) other's pain when they haven't reconcilled and processed thier own, know what I mean?

It's a different approach, quite the opposite of stomping feet and yelling, it's done so silently. His teachings are born from the Tao..You could google and find pages upon pages on Taoist principles.

Zadius Sky, You're right, I did skim the user agreement..as it was rather long and I wanted to jump right in, like a fool LOL..without knowing much about the forum. I'm sorry for that~

I get it now!!!

With Love,

ohlove said:
Stuart Wilde is trying to get people to look at thier disgusting predatorial, dark and cold aspects.

(snip)

Anyway, you would have to read SW's recent books to understand his purpose as I'm not here to preach it. I will say though, he is not trying to make people comfy and better able to sleep at night..on the contrary, he is trying to help people look at thier shadow and become whole, and not so nasty and bitter and sad.

(snip)

It's a different approach, quite the opposite of stomping feet and yelling, it's done so silently. His teachings are born from the Tao..You could google and find pages upon pages on Taoist principles.
Laura said:
So, if you really prefer Stuart Wilde's intellectual theories, that is fine. Go find his forum and interact there.
Yes, saying 'thank you' and that you 'get it now' while continuing to push Wilde is more than a bit disingenuous - perhaps it's time for you to move along to a forum where such behavior is encouraged, there are many out there in which you will be quite comfortable and happy.

AdPop said:
Then I read the following excerpt from "Wilde Unplugged."
Mushrooms are one of the most interesting things on the planet. They come up overnight, which tells you something. They are good to eat and some of them are very pretty colors.

Magic mushrooms are very strange. And I've stood in a field of a thousand magic mushrooms, and not been able to see a single one. Then, some children came along and they saw them all, and they picked them. So I followed the children, because children are not stupid, and they gave me the mushrooms. Well, some of them.

I have read over 10,000 books. The greatest literature, the sacred texts, all the modern teachers, some of the ancient ones, the Greeks and so forth, mathematics, cosmology, physics, self-help, gestalt therapy, all of the above. And I learned more in one day on mushrooms than I ever read in a book.
"I have read over 10,000 books."

Hmm...let say I book per day (fast reader indeed)
10000/365 = 27.39 years
Wow. A book per day during 27 years in a row. Mathematics, Cosmology, physics, gestalt therapy ...

I wish I could read and learn that fast.

This guy is a pure genious or ...

First poster here.:)..........Well Stuart Wilde has been part of my thoughts for a decade now.I read his books up to Whispering Winds of Change and that is where I jumped off the bus.I could relate to the lighter, closer to reality stuff but was lost on that book.I also felt his presence in my life in a peering over my shoulder type way,and like someone was prying into the "grotty and groady" bits of my past.Much the same as L.Ron Hubbards teaches about "handling" suppressive persons or critics.So I dumped the books and tapes thinking that his "presence" would evaporate out of my life.No.I attended a seminar by David Ryan and David "happened" to be a friend of Wilde so it seems I was guided to that place.

I decided to really check my decision making to see if I was being manipulated (you all would have seen the fox and the egg-heads caricature). Doing this I realized that someone was trying to cajole me into doing things.I began to see manipulation of people that I had no awareness of previously.Why?I have no idea.I could only see it happening.It has probably always been happening....just coudn`t see it.

The books I read were interesting but recently I came across some occult material and saw a similarity to Wildes words.He does claim to have studied many different beliefs and practices.He was also tagged the dark prince.The Golden Dawn http://www.golden-dawn.org/index.html was founded in 1888 and the likeness of the material to Wildes is obvious.He pinched a bit of material from here and there and added his own imaginings as to what we are seeing today.The 36 Flying Rolls of Golden Dawn mention initiates and the esoteric.

Aleister Crowley was an occultist with some more of these alternate (for want of a better word) beliefs.Hope this helps anyone thinking that Wilde has the key.

Imagination said:
So I dumped the books and tapes thinking that his "presence" would evaporate out of my life.No.I attended a seminar by David Ryan and David "happened" to be a friend of Wilde so it seems I was guided to that place.

I decided to really check my decision making to see if I was being manipulated (you all would have seen the fox and the egg-heads caricature). Doing this I realized that someone was trying to cajole me into doing things.I began to see manipulation of people that I had no awareness of previously.Why?I have no idea.I could only see it happening.It has probably always been happening....just coudn`t see it.
there might also be an element of this: because you have been exposed to this material over a long time period, psychologically this creates very strong hooks of being 'emotionally invested' in it, and so there is a kind of ego-preservation thing going on inside which can make you do all kinds of things, and make all kinds of decisions to skew you back into 'safe' or familiar' territory - it can literally make some words or concepts 'invisible' or appear utterly differnt, as your unconsciouos processes go into filter/distortion overdrive.. I have seen it a million times, (and am guilty of it ;) )
interesting that these 'coincidental events' also happen externally as well, though, I guess this could be an external manifestation of the 'General Law' (Gurdjieff) but it is amazing how powerfully our subconscious internal processes can steer us back where we don't wanna go, and it seems the General Law does act mostly through those semi-hidden internal influences, as far as I understand it.

ps: welcome to the forum :)

ohlove said:
It's a different approach, quite the opposite of stomping feet and yelling, it's done so silently.
I don't see how a silent approach could be useful for anyone wanting to wake up. There is a reason alarm clocks make noise. A silent approach only benefits the psychopaths who want us to keep our mouths shut, or worse, to spread their lies for them and tell others it would be in their best interest to keep their mouths shut. Lies already have enough of a voice in this world. Truth also needs a voice, not silence.

sleepyvinny interesting that these 'coincidental events' also happen externally as well said:
internal[/i] processes can steer us back where we don't wanna go, and it seems the General Law does act mostly through those semi-hidden internal influences, as far as I understand it.

ps: welcome to the forum :)
Thankyou......though I have to disagree with your thoughts here. In my opinion the steering or control is from a source external to the individual.The following cut and paste gives a good definition of the states of consciousness in human mind.

Psychological Illusions

Section I V

6. A View on the Sleeping World
“People have been told almost since the creation of the world that they are asleep and that they must awaken. ... Men take it simply as a form of speech, as an expression, as a metaphor. They completely fail to understand that it must be taken literally. ... So long as a man sleeps profoundly and is wholly immersed in dreams he cannot even think about the fact that he is asleep. If he were to think that he was asleep, he would wake up. ... And men have not the slightest idea what they are losing because of this sleep.

I think his work is fantastic, he has a brand new youtube channel with lots of shorts, they can be found here:
_http://www.youtube.com/user/stuartwilde1

I also personally made a mash up of excerpts from one of his audios which really helped me in some of my darkest days, if it interests you it can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XnZqzsQb7U

RevolutionaryJam said:
I think his work is fantastic, he has a brand new youtube channel with lots of shorts, they can be found here:
_http://www.youtube.com/user/stuartwilde1

I also personally made a mash up of excerpts from one of his audios which really helped me in some of my darkest days, if it interests you it can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XnZqzsQb7U

Hi 'revolutionaryjam' - did you actually read this thread??

I want to add my two cents here.

When I first started to wake up in 2000, I was searching for answers really hard. Stuart Wilde's work was the first thing that made sense to me. HOWEVER, it got me into really big trouble.

There is no mention of the general law or strategic enclosure. In fact, Staurt Wilde reccommends this approcah in dealing with tyrants/pathologicals in his book " The Sixth Sense":

" Tyrants like and expect abuse. "Plank on head" is the only language they understand. Don't negotiate, don't accomadate, and don't try to please them. The more you try to do for them, the more it affirms their power and manipulation. It's sad to say, but you should never cut them any slack. It's bound to backfire.
A tyrant is like a schoolyard bully who won't back off until he gets a big punch in the nose. So they way to serve and help the tyrant is to be firm and not allow him to get away with it. He won't change until he experiences a big setback. The power that tyrants exert is too intoxicating, as it medicates their fear. So don't try to change them, and don't bother trying ti keep them happy, It doesn't help. Just whack em in the head with the biggest psychological, contractual, emotional, and financial plank you've got. And when and if they get up, whack em one more time for good measure. They expect it, and they'll respect you and cause less trouble. "

Needless to say I evoked the general law down upon my head more than a few times.

By the time I found Laura's wotk in 2002, it made sense to me on many levels, especially psychopathy because that is basically what woke me up but I didnt know what to call it at the time, but contradicted what i thought I knew on many more.
It has taken reading Laura's work twice over the last 8 years and tons of work trying to undo a whole lot of false notions. I'm not sure I have undone them all yet and much to my chargrin I think I may havae to go back over Laura's work a thrid time to be sure. I know enough now to know for a fact this is what side I am on and the best possible way available.

There are a lot of things I learned that were valuable from Wilde, but I would give anything if Laura's work would have been what I ran into first.

Back
Top Bottom