Subconscious Worry? - Just before bed.

Menna

The Living Force
Hi All,

I have noticed just before I fall asleep my brain focusing on things that are either A) Out of my control or B) A worry that is not appropriate to think about as I am in bed at night and can’t do anything about it now – my brain makes me believe I am in the situation.

Over the past lets say 1-2 months I have noticed this just before bed “worry state”. I am able to notice and say to myself "you are in bed not now" If I were to hypothesize what this is I would say my brain is entering a different state, maybe subconscious just before falling asleep and it is revealing to me thoughts that are tucked away in my head during the waking state.

It is interesting to see this just before bed and is something I would like to work on having a calming subconscious as I know this worry state spills over into my life and controls my machine and would like to mitigate it.

Thanks for any advice/practices.

I do the same at times (not necessarily only at bed time) and have found that zen meditation seems to help calm my thoughts at night. During the day it is easier to just focus on what I am doing (work or whatever).
My $0.02 (I'll bill you later) ;-)

How is your diet, exercise and general health? Do you have a mobile phone that you keep near your bed, or have you changed where your bed is or moved house, or any other significant change 2 months ago?

I find that if I eat the wrong thing it can be like mind poison and anxiety and negative thought loops can creep in.

Hopefully with a bit more information we can help. :-)

t could just be due to stress. Take 20 minutes just to pipe breathe and consciously relax the muscles in your body, one by one, before trying to fall asleep in bed. That usually will fix the problem.
Doing pipe breaths if I have the least little bit of trouble falling asleep does it for me although I rarely make it 20 minutes. It really relaxes my body and my mind if I just focus on my breathing. I hope it helps you Menna.

What about reviewing the day consciously in your head before bed.? It helps to consolidate memories and your brain has less to sort while dreaming. I also thought melatonin could help. I usually have sore neck and shoulder muscles, so I make sure to massage them with a hook roller before bed.

If you want serenity that is going to take a lot of work. Balance vibration occur when your consciousness/mind and subconsciousness/emotion are in sync. If something worry you it just mean your emotion is telling you old hurt that is unresolved hurt that resurfaced. Suppressing it just mean inviting more difficult suffering in the future (negative energy similar to deficit you pay interest with time and borrowing more mean bigger debt also more difficult to understand past reincarnation karma). Suffering is just an event as a result of friction between two opposite direction one toward light the other toward darkness. If both are in sync they vibrate at more efficient level. If you are striving toward light the most important thing to get rid of is your desire to be cruel/ harmful. In general male need to work on their destructive nature while female on their self responsibility. There are two things you can work on: reduce your vices and change your programming/ image. Example racism. Do you think if someone killed Hitler the nazi event wouldn't occur?? well someone else will just replace his place because there were high degree of racism within the population during those era. The aryan arch event would occured anyway if the programming/culture are all men are created equal unless you are born savages or barbarian. If an issue bother you something is not right inside of you so work on it. Immature soul don't understand there is consequences to everything as the universe is very balance. If you take more than you give something in you will sabotage it because you know it isn't fair (example relationship/marriage breakdown). Someone need to take interest/discuss more about positive behavior like love, wisdom, serenity. Light is much more powerful than darkness if you manage to straighten your distorted image. Light being usually capable of solving problems with cooperation and understanding without resorting to control or manipulation. Game theory really work.

For this, the "low-hanging fruit" might be simply physiological. Do you practice any kind of sleep hygiene or bed-time routine? How long has this been going on for? What time is your last meal? What are the conditions in your bedroom like - (do you have your mobile phone close, do you have electrical wiring near to your head, do you have black-out curtains/blinds?)

On practice which is often effective for people is to journal their thoughts and feelings down onto paper an hour or so before bed-time. This can act as a "brain dump", where you transfer of all of the jumbled information from the brain directly down onto paper. It doesn't need to be coherent, but can simply be scribbled words on a scrap sheet. I find that when I am particularly stressed, this helps to symbolically clear my consciousness so that I am able rest without re-running over events or worries of the previous day.

Hi,

thank you all for your response. I believe this was stress related and keeping with the same bed time circadian. Once the stressor was over the cloud of worry I noticed just before falling asleep was either lessoned or not there...It was still interesting to see this worry in a semi unconscious state.
I feel like recognizing it and just sitting with this knowledge that it was there also helped. Awareness of it helped.

Its funny I noticed people with low awareness can have the same result or better outcome than a person with a higher awareness. Awareness is important but I believe you don’t need it to reach a goal or be successful.

Back
Top Bottom