Swami Nityananda: Fraudster, Spiritual and Sexual Predator, A psychopath?

seek10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Couple of days back , when I first came across the article about swami nitayananda latest sextual scandal , I was some what shocked by it. India always have lot of spiritual guru's and many spiritual predators. What shocked me the video's content and extent of this guy's reach. As per wikipedia

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramahamsa_Nithyananda

Life Bliss Foundation is Nithyananda's movement. Established in 2003, it now consists of over 1000 centers in 33 different countries. The foundation also owns Nithyananda Meditation Academies (NMAs) worldwide.

This guy is 32 yr old and has very big following in southern india and in lot of other countries

In short, Story started on march 2nd with a video from anonymous person ( at that time) to a TV station showing this guru having to sex with 2 woman, soon one woman was identified as a movie actress called Ranjitha. TV station promptly cashed on the video by repeatedly showing the video clip, thus angering his devotee's and they promptly flooded you tube and internet. It angered enough number of his devoutees, they started attacking his ashrams. This guru's attempt to control the spread of video by objecting to the you tube, back fired as press questioning this objection ( to you tube) as ownership of the video and thus indirect confession of the sextual activities that goes on. Then news came that this guru and the actress underground. Still they kept on giving statements and interviews saying they will prove their innocence etc. Latest is the actress in the video is saying that "what she did is a service to his guru. he will come out innocent" . In front him , eric pepin looks like a very small fry. As I googled for more info, this guy is more sounding like black magician.

This following excerpts from the descriptions of his current and previous followers tells the story.

_http://guruphiliac.lefora.com/2008/04/12/golden-boy-bites-vivekananda-and-yogananda-get-fam/13/
---
Nithyananda is not who he claims to be.
He has great videos on youtube. His talks can be mesmerizing and convincing. He does exude energy - I have felt it strongly. He is incredibly intelligent and knows how to say the right things to people. I had fallen for him quite strongly after feeling his energy throughout my body with just his touch on my forehead. I fell head over heels in love with him as much as someone could fall in love and devotion to a guru. I found myself doing everything he was espousing. I even legally changed my name, even my passport and driver's license, etc. I ran at every chance to see him, to be near him. I thought of him every minute of the day. I prayed to him and held him above all else.

But, there were too many little inconsistencies that I noticed. What he said in public and what he did in private were vastly different. He does brainwash people - if we have any doubt in our minds about him or his movement, we are told to "drop the doubt, drop the mind" lest we never reach enlightenment because of our "own fault" in not have "dropped our minds." He knows how to manipulate each person - he is master of the way people's psychology is, the way people think and believe, our psyche. He doesn't allow his ashramites to sleep - they get anywhere from no sleep to a few hours a day. He makes them work, work, work to the point of physical and mental exhaustion. He only believes in propagating his name, and acquiring money - not true religion. Religion is only a front just for outward appearance. He actually disrespects Gods in private sessions saying bad derogatory comments about them. I've seen him belittle and berate his ashramites shamelessly - it is emotional torture and humiliation. He claims it is "for their own good" to help them "lose their ego" so that they become enlightened but this is just a bogus double-speak in order to ill treat them as he wishes. He is a very sick, sick man who is egotistical, interested in fame and fortune, enjoys torturing people in a number of ways-mental, physical, emotional, and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He doesn't mind stepping on people's toes, nay their heads, in order to get ahead.

another one

_http://guruphiliac.lefora.com/2008/04/12/golden-boy-bites-vivekananda-and-yogananda-get-fam/14/
oh my goodness, I never thought I would read an experience which parallels my own so closely. To the above poster, I am pretty sure we have met. You have hit the nail squarely on the head. I spent considerable time at the ashram myself. I didn't go quite as far as legally changing my name, but I know exactly what you mean about running to the ashram and thinking about Nithyananda constantly and obsessively, because we were so brainwashed. The contact high that Nithyananda gives creates addicts who chase him like a hit of heroin. I would spend countless hours just to disconnect myself from my responsibilities and to be in the so-called "energy field". I proselytized to friends and family and tried to convert them and do his programs.

Fortunately, like you, I saw the real light before it was too late and I got sucked completely into the organization. I think there are still some devotees/ashramites who might see through the deceit and get out and save the shambles of their lives. I don't care what the argument is for the purported benefits of continuing to stay inside, but large organizations with an aggressive drive to expand and to bring in more and more devotees and money can never lead a genuine seeker to the truth. A drug like high is never a substitute for the wisdom borne of solitude, silence and quiet contemplation.

and another
_http://guruphiliac.lefora.com/2008/04/12/golden-boy-bites-vivekananda-and-yogananda-get-fam/21/

I am not now or have ever been involved with his cult, but my cousin is in hook, line a nd sinker. She is a very intelligent woman but was very vulnerable when she was first introduced to one of the recruiters of this cult. It quickly became an obsession that led to running to ashrams around the world, alienation from her family, quitting her job, divorce and selling her home etc etc. I am scared for her because she can't see the danger that she is in. What does this jerk do to his devotees when they run out of money to pay for his bullcrap? Kick them to the curb? (one can only hope) Leave the families to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives?

another one
_http://guruphiliac.lefora.com/2008/04/12/golden-boy-bites-vivekananda-and-yogananda-get-fam/24/

Nithyananda lures people in his trap by using spiritual truths, meditation, yoga, and healing energies, and then does a 'bait and switch' approach. What candy is to a pedophile, Vedic Truths are to Nithyananda.

Nithyananda's biggest lure is the promise of enlightenment. By tricking potential followers that he can give enlightenment just by attending expensive programs and donating huge amounts of money, Nithyananda has secured a loyal following who are more than willing to 'live a lie' and to 'spread a lie'. Nithyananda's crimes amount to collective and organized fraud.

In public, Nithyananda places a humble and holy front with a boyish grin. In private, Nithyananda is abusive and is known to host attractive females (both married and single) alone in his quarters for hours. Nithyananda is not what he seems to be.
Nithyananda's impact on families has been severe. Divorces, financial ruin, broken careers, prolonged hardships, and undue stress have resulted from being involved with Nithyananda.

another disciple complains
_http://guruphiliac.lefora.com/2008/04/12/golden-boy-bites-vivekananda-and-yogananda-get-fam/31/

I have a relative, 21 years old nephew that attended his workshop/program this summer at the Ashram. They deprived him of sleep and food. He came back after 2 weeks and after spending $5000 and he was speaking a whole new language.

Do you know of anyone that has gone through deprogramming? My nephew left school and is confused.

We are all concerned and scared for him

There is also one dedicated website exposing him

_http://nithyananda-cult.blogspot.com/

He is not enlightened. He's a career pathological liar, a psychopath in saffron. The on-record testimonies from the Deccan Herald and the Ramakrishna Mission prove, without a doubt, that Nithyananda's whole spiritual wanderings and enlightenment stories are nothing more than just stories, and that Nithyananda made the whole thing up. He is nothing but a spiritual con artist.

This character's attitude is this " Don't do what Masters Do"

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS2AGZ46MLE&feature=player_embedded

as per one of his former disciple Dharmananda who distributed the video with newspaper called nakkeeran.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSohxpB_ceo

Dharmananda: Yes. Ashram is about 40 acres land. In that Swami stayed in approximately 2-3 acres land. In that area nobody can enter, even ashramites, disciples, no one can enter. Only those who are chosen by Swami can go into that area.

Nakkeeran: Will only specific people be allowed there?

Dharmananda: Yes. Yes, definitely. Only those whom he chooses, ladies only will be allowed there.

Nakkeeran: Is that for doing service to him?

Dharmananda: Yes. Only those who do service to him are allowed there.

Nakkeeran: Who selects them?

Dharmananda: Swami. Only Swami selects them, no one else interferes in that.

Nakkeeran: What did people tell you about how they were affected? You say women were affected. Was it physical?

Dharmananda: Yes. Women have been abused through their body [sexual abuse]. The worst part of all this is, they are not even aware that they are being abused, to that extent they have been mesmerized. That is the sad news. “I am God. If you are with God, you will also achieve my state”, this is what he has told them and kept them mesmerized. Because of that, they don’t even think there is something wrong in this. They don’t even realize that they are a victim [of this abuse]. This is the problem. Only because some people mentioned it, even I came to know about it.

Nakkeeran: So he claims himself to be an incarnation of God?

Dharmananda: Yes. “I am Krishna. If you are with me like the Gopikas, you will also achieve their state”, this is what he tells them and mesmerizes them to abuse them.

Nakkeeran: So he says this is a path to enlightenment?

Dharmananda: Yes, he says that. He says this is a tantra technique, that’s what he makes them all believe.
---

If I find AOL sri sri find him self in a scandal like this , I won't get surprised. This story depicts how much spiritual vaccum india currently have.

Re: Swami Nityananda: Fraud, Spiritual and Sextual Predator, A psychopath (?)

There are several aspects of this case that are still quite murky. I have been following it for some time and to my knowledge there is one person (Dharmananda) who has directly accused Nithayananda of all the bad stuff. The actress with whom Nithayananda allegedly had an affair received threatening messages pressurising her to lodge a complaint of abuse against N but she refused. The first footage of the videos aired had her face masked but after she refused to lodge a complaint against N, subsequent footages had her face unmasked. The channel Sun TV which repeatedly aired the sleazy tape is owned by the same group who had asked N to write a spiritual column for their Tamil weekly paper and N had refused. There is also an allegation that parts of the tape were doctored with morphed images. The land sharks of Southern India - an extremely powerful lobby - also had an axe to grind against N due to his ashram development projects.
Within a very short time of the tapes starting to play on Sun TV, N's ashram was ransacked by "angry crowds". Tabloid journalism went into full drive and played the role of judge, jury and executioner. N's camp actually came back with a very measured response that investigation was ongoing and they would only comment in detail after finding out more facts about the matter. When the scandal broke, N was attending Kumbha Mela in North India as was a planned part of his calendar. Overall, the more I read, it seemed to have the hallmarks of an engineered operation to discredit N. No matter what the subsequent facts reveal, his reputation has been damaged, perhaps irreparably, in public view.
I do not know N personally. I have read one of his books 3 years back and found it interesting since it peripherally touched on a lot of uncomfortable psychological stuff (narcissistic family dynamic between parents and children for example) that I have not seen addressed by any other Indian spiritual guru. (This was before I read the big 5 psychology books). I listened to some of his old lectures on youtube about 2 years ago and did not hear anything that raised alarm bells. He is one of the few gurus who encouraged people to go out and seek other masters and read about different things to further their esoteric progress. He used to stress on meditation techniques for progress.
I was peripherally aware of some of his promotional activities in more recent times and had the feeling that the whole thing had gotten too big in too short a time. It was like a speeding train which simply gathered on more speed as it went on. Big temples were established and things seem to take on a different flavour than the impression I had of him from his initial talks and writings. This could have been due to him trying to get more folks interested. His initial method of discourse was attractive to people who think and so that method would not have had a mass appeal. In that sense the situation is perhaps not very different from Laura and QFS reaching out to a wider mass through FOTCM and EE. Now whether N wanted to attract more people to serve his own needs or to really help people is something that I do not know. I found N a little naive as he seemed totally unaware of pathology and psychopaths as well as a hyperdimensional control system and this could very well have brought about his downfall. Till more facts show up, I am a little more inclined to this view rather than him being a total fraud or a pathological.
BTW I have some doubts about the objectivity of the guruphiliac site. I have read it a few times in the past and it seemed to me that people contributing there have an agenda. While the spiritual space is filled with frauds, a more balanced rational analysis of facts rather than blanket allegations would be more fair imo and would give me more confidence in what the guruphiliac site reports.
My 2 cents on this topic - fwiw.

A few years back I had read about the results of brain scan that was performed on Nithyananda when he was in the US by members of the medical community to understand the effects of meditation on human brain. Here is a report written by R Murali Krishna MD, President and COO, Integris Mental Health and James L. Hall, Jr. Center for Mind, Body and Spirit, Oklahama.

[quote author=R Murali Krishna, MD in "Mind Of a Mystic"]
When Swami passed through Oklahoma City recently as one stop in his world travels, I asked him if he would let me use some of modern medicine’s newest technology to peer into his brain while he meditated. My goal: to understand, measure and demystify what happens during the mystic phenomena. Swami, who believes that meditation has a scientific basis, happily agreed.

The procedures Swami went through were administered by some of Oklahoma City’s finest and most experienced physicians, neuropsychologists and researchers: Drs. Fordyce, Ruwe and Higgins of the Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Center Neuropsychology Department and Dr. Chacko of the PET Center of Oklahoma. These doctors were using technology they use with patients on a routine basis. When they look at images obtained by their technology, they know what’s normal and what’s not.

The results from testing Swami? Decidedly not normal.

IMAGING BRAIN ACTIVITY

Our first look into Swami’s brain was achieved with the help of a Positron Emission Tomography (PET) device. Unlike traditional diagnostic techniques that produce images of the body’s structure or anatomy, such as X-rays, CT scans or MRI, PET produces images of the function of the brain through the metabolic activity of cells. An analog of glucose is attached to a radioactive PET tracer. The PET scanner then images the metabolically active brain areas at any given time.
In the case of Swami, the drug was intended to identify highly active areas of the brain in an alert and conscious state, in the early stages of meditation and during deep meditation.

The results of the PET scan tests were stunning. To begin with, the activity in the frontal lobes of Swami’s brain were significantly heightened, even in early meditation stages. The level of activity was higher than would be seen in the average human brain under any conditions.
When we then asked Swami to go into the deepest meditation state, there were two more remarkable findings.

First, the dominant hemisphere of Swami’s brain was more than 90 percent shut down. It was as if Swami’s brain had packed up and gone on vacation. It was quiet and still, completely at peace … and Swami had made it so at will.

A second amazing aspect of Swami’s deep meditation was that the lower portion of his mesial frontal areas lighted up in a very significant way. This area roughly corresponds to the reputed location of the mystical "Third Eye."

When we later asked Swami what he was doing when the mesial frontal areas lighted up, he said he was opening his third eye.

Associated with both cosmic and inner knowledge and thought to be a place of clarity and peace, the Third Eye is considered by many to be the seat of the soul. Were we seeing an indication that deep meditation can open an area of the brain responsible for communicating with the divine, looking deep into the mysteries of self or creation? I believe the PET scan revealed what I call the brain’s "D-spot." Whether you consider the "D" in D-spot to stand for delight, the divine or even dopamine, the chemical through which our bodies experience pleasure, initial indications are that meditation can stimulate it.

MEASURING BRAINWAVES

The second procedure we used to look into Swami’s brain is known as Quantitative Electroencephalography, or QEEG. QEEG measures electrical patterns in the brain, patterns commonly referred to as brainwaves.

There are four bandwidths of brainwaves, each different in speed and each associated with a different state of mind. For instance, beta brainwaves are small and fast and linked with an awake, alert state of mind. Alpha brainwaves are slower and larger and are connected to feelings of well-being. Theta waves represent a state of consciousness between that is close to sleep, a stage in which there is a sense of calmness and serenity without active thought.

In a day’s time, most people will experience all four types of brainwaves. The progression from one bandwidth to another, though, is not so easily in their control.

From Swami’s QEEG, though, we can see that he has complete control over his brainwaves. When in deep meditation, his brain smoothly shifted from one state to another, like a talented pianist playing the scales. There was no hesitation and no retreating, just continuous, fluid shifts from one type of brainwave to the next. Because the QEEG represents the five brainwave bandwidths as colors, it was as we were watching Swami float from color to color within a rainbow.

CONCLUSIONS

The brain is the body’s most complex organ, containing more than 100 billion neurons, each of them in chemical and electrical conversation with up to 10,000 other neurons. Its sheer capacity to process information is astonishing.

Remarkably, that complexity presents little difficulty for Swami in managing his brain activity. Swami’s mind – his thoughts, emotions and intellect – control his brain. He can, in a very fluid, easy way, shift his brain function and alter his brainwaves.

More than answering questions, the voyage we took into the mind of a mystic brings intriguing questions for study.

Are there techniques we can learn and teach that will bring balance and peace into people’s lives?

Can we invoke a healing response or accelerate healing through specific training? Can we learn techniques that will allow us to control pain or alter the course of a disease?

Can we learn to activate what I call our D-spot, thus putting us in instant connection to delight or the divine?

The results from our study of Swami are new pages in our world’s growing book of research on the brain. There continue to be indications that the human mind may be able to choose to heal the body. We’re now looking at the possibility of people learning and acquiring these healing capabilities, an event of immense benefit for humankind. The potential for altering the rates and progression of many diseases – heart disease, cancer, arthritis, alcoholism and many others – is beginning to look achievable.
[/quote]

obyvatel said:
There are several aspects of this case that are still quite murky. I have been following it for some time and to my knowledge there is one person (Dharmananda) who has directly accused Nithayananda of all the bad stuff. The actress with whom Nithayananda allegedly had an affair received threatening messages pressurising her to lodge a complaint of abuse against N but she refused. The first footage of the videos aired had her face masked but after she refused to lodge a complaint against N, subsequent footages had her face unmasked. The channel Sun TV which repeatedly aired the sleazy tape is owned by the same group who had asked N to write a spiritual column for their Tamil weekly paper and N had refused. There is also an allegation that parts of the tape were doctored with morphed images. The land sharks of Southern India - an extremely powerful lobby - also had an axe to grind against N due to his ashram development projects.
Within a very short time of the tapes starting to play on Sun TV, N's ashram was ransacked by "angry crowds". Tabloid journalism went into full drive and played the role of judge, jury and executioner. N's camp actually came back with a very measured response that investigation was ongoing and they would only comment in detail after finding out more facts about the matter. When the scandal broke, N was attending Kumbha Mela in North India as was a planned part of his calendar. Overall, the more I read, it seemed to have the hallmarks of an engineered operation to discredit N. No matter what the subsequent facts reveal, his reputation has been damaged, perhaps irreparably, in public view.
I do not know N personally. I have read one of his books 3 years back and found it interesting since it peripherally touched on a lot of uncomfortable psychological stuff (narcissistic family dynamic between parents and children for example) that I have not seen addressed by any other Indian spiritual guru. (This was before I read the big 5 psychology books). I listened to some of his old lectures on youtube about 2 years ago and did not hear anything that raised alarm bells. He is one of the few gurus who encouraged people to go out and seek other masters and read about different things to further their esoteric progress. He used to stress on meditation techniques for progress.
I was peripherally aware of some of his promotional activities in more recent times and had the feeling that the whole thing had gotten too big in too short a time. It was like a speeding train which simply gathered on more speed as it went on. Big temples were established and things seem to take on a different flavour than the impression I had of him from his initial talks and writings. This could have been due to him trying to get more folks interested. His initial method of discourse was attractive to people who think and so that method would not have had a mass appeal. In that sense the situation is perhaps not very different from Laura and QFS reaching out to a wider mass through FOTCM and EE. Now whether N wanted to attract more people to serve his own needs or to really help people is something that I do not know. I found N a little naive as he seemed totally unaware of pathology and psychopaths as well as a hyperdimensional control system and this could very well have brought about his downfall. Till more facts show up, I am a little more inclined to this view rather than him being a total fraud or a pathological.
BTW I have some doubts about the objectivity of the guruphiliac site. I have read it a few times in the past and it seemed to me that people contributing there have an agenda. While the spiritual space is filled with frauds, a more balanced rational analysis of facts rather than blanket allegations would be more fair imo and would give me more confidence in what the guruphiliac site reports.
My 2 cents on this topic - fwiw.

It is interesting take obyvatel. Yes, he was suggesting the emotional detoxing techniques ( like knowledge of narcissism) to the people , that doesn't absolve him of his issues of differences in private life and public life and particulalry treating people. Yes there are allegations and counter allegations of who initiated all this, but the fact remains is he was caught in act , which can't be considered normal. All his dated claims of his great ness are FALSE .

It may be true the exposers have agenda ( revenge etc), but that doesn't change the facts or his deeds. Even if he has achieved great spiritual heights and emanate great energy, what purpose it serve when it is used in exploitation. At least kept in secret. It may be true that TV station decided to take advantage of it , but being a spiritual guru what ever he is doing is not correct. He is sort of different type of cointelpro to suckup any waking up person who looking for spiritual truths.

Look at the comments of his supporters in the same forum - " Blind faith" , "sin to question guru", "he is looks like great king" , "emanates great energy"(so what ?). It felt like they are drunk and mind is shut down or totally hyponitised with thought loops to obedience. Any guru who makes his disciple to this state of unconsciousness can take advantage of them.

I was some what surprised at people supporting him or giving benefit of doubt under different pretexts. Probably I am missing some thing, These are my thoughts for now.

Re: Swami Nityananda: Fraudster, Spiritual and Sextual Predator, A psychopath (?)

Hi seek10,
I am not discounting the possibility that N is guilty as accused. But I would wait and see how the case proceeds before forming a solid opinion in my mind. When you say he was caught in the act - there have been questions raised on the authenticity of the video. I think with time and proper investigation, it is possible to find out whether the videos are genuine or not. I have a strong feeling (do not know why) that the only accuser in this case, Dharmananda, may be strongly influenced by external agencies. I do not know if there has been any other person who has accused him in any way. Also the whole sequence of events are suspicious imo. The whole episode is staged in a way to arouse the maximum emotion and revulsion of the public without giving any chance for the accused to face up to the charges and that kind of swift judgement always concerns me. It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and only half an hour of tabloid journalism to consign one to the dustbin of history? Somehow that does not sound very fair. In India specially, it is actually ridiculously easy for those who have some control over the media to whip up public frenzy and that is a serious cause for concern as this rarely happens for the good of the people.
IMO the guruphiliac hosts opinions of disgruntled followers which may or may not be true. Think about it this way - there have been people associated with this forum in the past who have made baseless and vile allegations against Laura. Let us take a look at some allegations in guruphiliac

He doesn't allow his ashramites to sleep - they get anywhere from no sleep to a few hours a day. He makes them work, work, work to the point of physical and mental exhaustion. .
Gurdjieff used hard physical labour as a tool to wake up his followers too. Eastern esoteric traditions do use harsh techniques (kind of like military boot camp) in order to break down the ego. But the problem is in old times people had to really prove themselves up to the task before they were admitted into such intensive programs. Today, people want to pay $$, go to a weekend workshop or at most spend a 21 day retreat and come out enlightened. When they are made to work, they often complain and rave and rant. As per my knowledge there has been no "sweat lodge" type activity which has resulted in a physical breakdown or worse. So imo, the jury should still be out on this allegation.

The contact high that Nithyananda gives creates addicts who chase him like a hit of heroin. I would spend countless hours just to disconnect myself from my responsibilities and to be in the so-called "energy field". I proselytized to friends and family and tried to convert them and do his programs.
The accuser is speaking more about him/herself than about N. The way the this modern guru system works is that the guru is only one and there are thousands of followers and there is no way that the guru can give personal attention to everyone. I think that in a proper esoteric path individual attention is needed and that is exactly why in traditional Hinduism, people had to leave daily activities and live in an ashram or monastery. I do question the whole method followed by all modern Indian gurus as they try to enlighten everyone. But thinking about it in another way, if there was a genuine person among the Gurus, and if he felt the impending catastrophe and the need to reach out to a wide mass of people - what would he do? All I want to say here is these types of mistakes are possible and they do not necessarily make the Guru a psychopath or predator.

In public, Nithyananda places a humble and holy front with a boyish grin. In private, Nithyananda is abusive and is known to host attractive females (both married and single) alone in his quarters for hours. Nithyananda is not what he seems to be.
Allegation lacks any content. It insinuates something sleazy in a very typical gossip-mongering way. Being a guru, if he gives personalized attention to disciples that is quite normal. Has any attractive female complained to this date of harassment? To my knowledge, the alleged participant in the video has said that she just gave the guru an oil massage and has refused even under pressure to accuse him of anything. Now she is a mainstream actress and definitely has a voice of her own.
Given that he is a young guy, it is very easy to sling mud at him through these insinuations. As I said in the first post, my current opinion is that he was naive and being ignorant of psychopathology left him open to attacks of this nature. He could also be another Rajneesh - but there needs to be a more thorough investigation and more hard facts brought to bear on this case before pronouncing judgement.

Re: Swami Nityananda: Fraudster, Spiritual and Sextual Predator, A psychopath (?)

obyvatel said:
Hi seek10,
I am not discounting the possibility that N is guilty as accused. But I would wait and see how the case proceeds before forming a solid opinion in my mind. When you say he was caught in the act - there have been questions raised on the authenticity of the video. I think with time and proper investigation, it is possible to find out whether the videos are genuine or not.

read this . the actress has already confirmed. Think about what other proof will you think is needed?. that may help for objective look.

http://robertpriddy.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/nityananda-video-lies-and-sex-allegations/

Since the Nityananda video scandal broke, followers and supporters have denied that there was any truth in it, many have posted protesting his innocence etc. The BBC reported: “The Nithyananda Mission ashram released a statement branding the video “a mix of conspiracy, graphics and rumours”. But now the actress has confirmed it is Nityananda and herself in the video. As in the case of numerous other gurus, perhaps above all in the massive scams and cover-ups by and for Sathya Sai Baba, black is easily turned into white by the indoctrinated and weak minds of those with strong dependency on belief and gurus… as soon as the black facts become known, the people of character and conscience are separated from the head-in-sand self-deceivers.

The Nityananda case shows us yet again how blind believers in Indian gurus will take upon themselves to lie blatantly to preserve their illusions… because now Tamil actress Ranjitha of the sex scam video has come forward and revealed that what is shown in the video was her service and her offering to Swami Nityananda (see report here). ” She said that her much loved Swami Nityananda was innocent”. Innocent of what, one wonders? She is seen to be necking with him in a sensuous manner, which – for a self-proclaimed ‘celibate’ is highly unbecoming. He stated on his video pronouncement that he has not broken any law… a very cagey statement, leading one to think that consenting sex is most likely involved. Yet he has broken faith with all those for whom he posed as a pure godman. The Times reported that the video ‘apparently’ showed “Mr. Nityananda, 32, kissing, embracing and fondling two young women in the same bedroom, but at different times.” That is most definitely NOT how ‘godmen’ guru are supposed to behave with their devotees!

I have a strong feeling (do not know why) that the only accuser in this case, Dharmananda, may be strongly influenced by external agencies. I do not know if there has been any other person who has accused him in any way.
Well look at the strong feelings. I was shocked due to the following reasons.
1. I was a student paramahansa yogananda for a while. The association of the word in my brain paramahansa shocked me to core. I have respect to paramahansa yogananda and his teachings and they are typical yogic teaching with good intention. I have n't seen any thing bad , they charge $50( per year ) for the material they send. But It has the same problems of many indian teachings. They were devised many many years back , only concentrates on mind , emotional cleansing considered as a sub product of meditation, they completely evade the high strangeness components totally, dietary component was completly outdated etc. I stopped even using those meditation techniques after Eíriú-Eolas - Breathing Program was announced.

2. Nityananda's raise is phenomenal . 1000 ashrams in 33 countries in 7 years ( as per wikipedia ) with no component of franchise ?. This is mind blowing?. what is the rational explanation for this?. God knows. Even the Mcdonald can't think of that.

3. I gave me a big jolt to my cultural program that "india still is capable of spreading the spiritual truths, If any" ( though I know that no other source can parallel C's or Laura's works)

4. Being a regular reader of the forum, you might be aware " how PTB sabotages any progress". In this case this guy's raise is so phenomenal and what he is teaching is "blind faith", "guru is every thing" and it is just like cult. That's how matrix sabotages any truth. spread the false guru's.

Also the whole sequence of events are suspicious imo. The whole episode is staged in a way to arouse the maximum emotion and revulsion of the public without giving any chance for the accused to face up to the charges and that kind of swift judgement always concerns me. It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and only half an hour of tabloid journalism to consign one to the dustbin of history? Somehow that does not sound very fair. In India specially, it is actually ridiculously easy for those who have some control over the media to whip up public frenzy and that is a serious cause for concern as this rarely happens for the good of the people.

Remove the masala from the picture and we know that if PTB wants to defame some body it will do that. that is all the foam and see the contents. If you want to stick to the strong feeling, that is up to you. I don't have much to say.

IMO the guruphiliac hosts opinions of disgruntled followers which may or may not be true. Think about it this way - there have been people associated with this forum in the past who have made baseless and vile allegations against Laura. Let us take a look at some allegations in guruphiliac
It is a possibility, though I am not going about it blindly. I suggest you to use your proper discernment.

[/quote]

obyvatel said:
Hi seek10,

He doesn't allow his ashramites to sleep - they get anywhere from no sleep to a few hours a day. He makes them work, work, work to the point of physical and mental exhaustion. .
Gurdjieff used hard physical labour as a tool to wake up his followers too. Eastern esoteric traditions do use harsh techniques (kind of like military boot camp) in order to break down the ego.
I am not sure whether Gurdjieff did it or not. Is it relevant in modern world?. Is it mentioned to the devotees in advance?.

. Today, people want to pay $$, go to a weekend workshop or at most spend a 21 day retreat and come out enlightened. When they are made to work, they often complain and rave and rant. As per my knowledge there has been no "sweat lodge" type activity which has resulted in a physical breakdown or worse. So imo, the jury should still be out on this allegation.
True spiritual seeker want to pay. that doesn't mean that he will be taken advantage of it . It is like pedophile blaming the child for her innocence. Read this and think about it. Charging this much is a service.

http://www.cult-following.co.uk/cult-religions/nithyananda-holy-hooker-from-india/

Just for a weekend two day program he charges $750. For a 21 day program he charges $6000. For LBE program he charges $8000. His holy business is in the similar ways of Kalki Bhagavan. For Kalpataru program which is a Friday program he charges $150 (now they raised it to $250) for which about 500 people joined in LA. He made $75000 in just one day! And in Milpitas just to see him perform rituals at the temple you have to pay $500. He gives a lecture by sitting on a throne. And he carries it wherever he goes. Spirituality has given a chance for people to make money very easily. Real enlightened masters who realized their inner emptiness will not seek money.

Nithyananda says his goal is to convert 100000 people into enlightenment. But the basic criteria is these people should pay $6000 to $10000 to get that. And what is the newly enlightened disciple going to do? Become a volunteer and spread his message? Or start his own holy business by creating his own brand of enlightenment? How many people have been enlightened so far?

His followers are very violent. This is my personal experience. They are rogues. Thats how the violent cult religions are developed. It is the dullards who become followers. Intelligent people are independent. The weakness of his followers is his power.

[/quote]

obyvatel said:
Hi seek10,
I am not discounting the possibility that N is guilty as accused.
It is the content that matters, not simple allegations. Look at the content of the allegations against him, instead of what could be the probable reason alone. The amount of high connections this guy has , he may come out clean and suppress the truth very easily. This forum is about training our faculties to use proper discernment than carried away by our emotional programming , cultural programming , media manipulations , blind faiths, 'that is how it is' mind set. , 'some body did, so this fine with out looking at the context' etc. Based on so many false flag operations during this decade , the truth will be clear in the initial phase of the incident, later slowly the entropic forces ( games they play ) will take hold of it and try to suppress the truth. Truth will never come from official investigations in India. All the politicians, money men are in his pockets.

obyvatel said:
Hi seek10,
I am not discounting the possibility that N is guilty as accused.

Allegation lacks any content. It insinuates something sleazy in a very typical gossip-mongering way. Being a guru, if he gives personalized attention to disciples that is quite normal. Has any attractive female complained to this date of harassment? To my knowledge, the alleged participant in the video has said that she just gave the guru an oil massage and has refused even under pressure to accuse him of anything. Now she is a mainstream actress and definitely has a voice of her own.
Given that he is a young guy, it is very easy to sling mud at him through these insinuations. As I said in the first post, my current opinion is that he was naive and being ignorant of psychopathology left him open to attacks of this nature. He could also be another Rajneesh - but there needs to be a more thorough investigation and more hard facts brought to bear on this case before pronouncing judgement.

Some more to ponder

http://www.deccanpost.in/view_news.php?type=hd&nid=13987&cid=1&sid=1
Illegal snakes seized at Nityananda ashram

Immediately after a news channel exposed Nityananda's alleged romp with Tamil actress Ranjitha, a team of forest officials raided his Bidadi ashram and seized around 60 kg of sandalwood pellets.

Unholy deeds: Forest officials suspect that it was Nityananda's men who set the ashram on fire to destroy banned forest and animal products stocked there. Pic/Vinod Kumar T

"Investigations are on to ascertain the source of these pellets. Meanwhile, we have learnt that Nityananda even used animal skin," said an official requesting anonymity. The official added that similar raid is being conducted at the Tamil Nadu ashram of Nityananda.

"They might have stored some illegal goods in the house and would have set fire in the building to destroy the evidence. We have detained three people from the ashram for questioning. Also, we have filed a case against the ashram management and have booked them under Section 86 of the Karnataka Forest Act," the official said. Meanwhile, a massive hunt has been launched to track Nityananda who went underground after the sex-tape became public. There are rumours that he's in Mysore, while some say that he has gone to attend Kumbh Mela.

Illegal ashram

Dr V S Acharya, home minister of Karnataka, announced yesterday that the land on which the ashram stands is of the government and was meant for cattle grazing farm. He said, he has asked the deputy commissioner to conduct an inquiry into the matter. When contacted, Chief Wildlife Warden B K Singh refused to comment on this issue

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/57993/post-scandal-nithyanandas-commerce-takes.html

After March 2, an important fallout of the sex scandal involving the 33-year-old self-styled godman was that several of his devotees quit the ashrams in Tamil Nadu and Bangalore.
The Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam’s so-called spiritual and healing programmes have been discontinued and online purchase of products, typically “energised by the Master”, at www.anandagalleria.com is not possible because the link has stopped working. Besides, on March 11, online purchases could not be made because the website said “PayPal transactions have been removed now due to technical reasons.”

Energised jewellery

Bracelets made of rudrakasha beads, described on the website as ‘energised jewellery’, are priced at $12, two ‘lotus seed malas’ are priced at $25, banyan leaves cost $35, a pure silver ‘guru puja’ set costs $550, a copy of a statue of Patanjali, described as ‘father of yoga’, costs $2,430, an antique Vishnu statue is priced at $882, a 36-inch Radha-Krishna marble statue costs $2,880, a ‘baby Buddha on lotus’ costs $18. There are, of course, more such items the online store sells in the name of ‘Nithyananda sacred arts.’

What is, however, interesting is that some of Nithyananda’s programmes to “experience living enlightenment” have been postponed or discontinued until further notice. One such programme, “Inner Awakening”, which costs $6,000, has been postponed till July. It was to be held at the Kallugopahalli ashram near here. When contacted, programme administrator Nithya Yogeshwari said: “It has been postponed because of the unwanted situation.”

Likewise, the fate of the Life Bliss Programme, that is to be held at the Nithyananda Vedic Temple on April 24 and 25 in Delaware, Ohio, is unknown since online payments to register for it cannot be made.

The events page for the so-called Yogam 2010 tour, that were to be conducted by one Nithya Sadhananda, alias Dhanasekharan, one of Nithyananda’s closest confidantes, has turned blank.

Besides, the web pages displaying the programme schedules of Nithyananda’s two spiritual heads, Bhaktananda and Medhananda, contain no listings. When contacted over phone, Medhananda said he was no longer vice-president of the International Vedic Hindu University in Orlando, Florida. Refusing to say what his present position in the Nithyananda order was, Medhananda, who lives in California, hurriedly disconnected the line.

Godman admits actress ‘served’ him

Bangalore: In a televised interview to a regional channel from an undisclosed location, Nithyananda on Saturday claimed the sleazy video footage showing him in sex romp with a Tamil actress was morphed, though he admitted that Tamil actress Ranjitha has ‘served’ him ‘for a long time’. Shifty and evasive in his replies to most of the questions, the self-styled godman said his organisation had sent copies of the video ‘to London’ where they would be tested for their genuineness.
---
More

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Nityananda_experiment_with_Ranjitha_36517.html
Nithyananda said the latest controversy had taught him several lessons. "In 33 years of my life, I have seen two extremes: from being the most watched-guru on YouTube to the most-watched scandal on YouTube. In a way, even this abuse, defamation, and attack have taught me a lot of lessons about society, life, and humanity, which I had never thought of and never looked into. This has made me more responsible. Now I have decided that I am not going to experiment [with] anything which is not widely accepted by society."

The spiritual leader told the interviewer that his organisation had failed in handling the scandal and other allegations leveled against him. "Our PR was not trained for this planned attack," he said. The swami termed the latest controversy as part of a conspiracy. “We were not prepared for this kind of a strong attack, a war. We are a silent group, conducting spiritual research, practicing and sharing it to the world," he said.

So he confesses he has a Public relations group which failed, nothing in the action that was captured. :cry: . Also, They are "conducting spiritual research, practicing and sharing it to the world" . Shall we believe ? :scared: :scared:. what type of sharing he is doing, I am not sure.

Hmmm... the guy who did the brain scans says it was unusual. I wonder if he did any testing that might reveal psychopathy? Or if these unusual patterns might compare to psychopathy? Can anybody get any info on that?

Laura said:
Hmmm... the guy who did the brain scans says it was unusual. I wonder if he did any testing that might reveal psychopathy? Or if these unusual patterns might compare to psychopathy? Can anybody get any info on that?
psychopaths has no activity in limbic regions. This video presentation given by Ravu Murali krishna ( , who happen to be his disciple and the main person who is behind the tests and analysed them ) has some PET scan images.
_http://www.lifeblissfoundation.org/video_yoga.asp?file=meditation
I couldn't make out much from the PET Scan images ( listen from 7:00 minutes for description of the test and images are at 12:00 minutes range ). Probably psyche or some body can take a look at it.

seek10 said:
I couldn't make out much from the PET Scan images ( listen from 7:00 minutes for description of the test and images are at 12:00 minutes range ). Probably psyche or some body can take a look at it.

In psychopathy, the study images are usually comparisons of images between normal people and psychopaths with neutral concepts or emotional/abstract concepts.

In meditation scans, there is usually only the type of meditation practiced and which areas activate.

It seems that depending on the type of yoga or meditation, different areas of the brain can be activated with more preference. For example, if we meditate with words (a seed), there can be activation of our regions related to processing of emotions. I downloaded an article about types of meditation and areas of brain activated awhile ago, but don't know much about the difference of types of yoga specified. I'll attach a table summary FWIW (PFC is prefrontal cortex and PSPL is posterior superior parietal lobe).

The guy had a lot of frontal activation, but do we know exactly what was going through his head while meditating? I'm not sure if I want to know...

Attachments

• neuroimagesofmeditation.png
    neuroimagesofmeditation.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 26
Psyche said:
seek10 said:

In psychopathy, the study images are usually comparisons of images between normal people and psychopaths with neutral concepts or emotional/abstract concepts.

In meditation scans, there is usually only the type of meditation practiced and which areas activate.

The guy had a lot of frontal activation, but do we know exactly what was going through his head while meditating?
thank you psyche for taking a look at it.
I'm not sure if I want to know...

wonderfully Said.

Thanks for the data seek10. I was not aware of some of the latest developments.

seek10 said:
Well look at the strong feelings. I was shocked due to the following reasons.
1. I was a student paramahansa yogananda for a while. The association of the word in my brain paramahansa shocked me to core. I have respect to paramahansa yogananda and his teachings and they are typical yogic teaching with good intention. I have n't seen any thing bad , they charge $50( per year ) for the material they send. But It has the same problems of many indian teachings. They were devised many many years back , only concentrates on mind , emotional cleansing considered as a sub product of meditation, they completely evade the high strangeness components totally, dietary component was completly outdated etc. I stopped even using those meditation techniques after Eíriú-Eolas - Breathing Program was announced.
I agree. I am aware of Yogananda's (SRF) program and have read a few of his books though I did not practice any meditation technique. I found the devotional aspect too strong and that is mainly why it did not appeal to me. But I did not get any whiff of evident pathology from that group.

[quote author=seek10]
2. Nityananda's raise is phenomenal . 1000 ashrams in 33 countries in 7 years ( as per wikipedia ) with no component of franchise ?. This is mind blowing?. what is the rational explanation for this?. God knows. Even the Mcdonald can't think of that.
[/quote]
I agree with this too. In my first post on this topic I had commented on it.
[quote author=seek10]
3. I gave me a big jolt to my cultural program that "india still is capable of spreading the spiritual truths, If any" ( though I know that no other source can parallel C's or Laura's works)
[/quote]
This is actually one point where it has led to some serious arguments between myself and family members when I was foolish enough not to put into practice the concept of the strategic enclosure in the initial days of my exposure to Laura's works. I am of the same opinion that whatever has come out of India which is in full public view is incomplete in the esoteric sense. I do not know about what is taught to the inner circles of students in traditional esoteric schools of India and so cannot comment on it - but anyway it is irrelevant to the progress of humanity at large.
[quote author=seek10]
4. Being a regular reader of the forum, you might be aware " how PTB sabotages any progress". In this case this guy's raise is so phenomenal and what he is teaching is "blind faith", "guru is every thing" and it is just like cult. That's how matrix sabotages any truth. spread the false guru's.

[/quote]
This is where I had some problems reconciling what I had read . I remember one quote of Nithyananda that said something like " I am not here to tell you that I am God but to make you see that you are God". At least the impression that I had from his writings was that he was not trying to put himself up as God like many other gurus have done in the past and present. He was asking people to think for themselves - see the narcissism (though he did not use the term) and wake up. But it seems like this flavour that I got from some of his writings did not match up with his deeds in public or private. I never considered him to be the absolute real deal - that he is the great teacher whom everybody should follow - but my opinion was that he may have had achieved some progress in the Yoga and wanted to help people but had incomplete knowledge and was unaware of psychopathology and hyperdimensional realities. But it looks like at this stage that my opinion was wrong.
I do not consider myself to be emotionally invested in N's teachings or in N as a person. I think that there is a possibility of N being a kind of magician or sorcerer as described by Mouravieff in Gnosis Book2 (which I posted in the Osho thread) rather than being a regular psychopath. I am still quite puzzled by the sequence of events - like for example what is the relation between a sleazy video being broadcast and the immediate raid by forest department officials for illegal sandalwood in his ashram? But these questions are perhaps not important in the overall scheme of things like you said.

obyvatel said:
Thanks for the data seek10. I was not aware of some of the latest developments.

[quote author=seek10]
This is where I had some problems reconciling what I had read . I remember one quote of Nithyananda that said something like " I am not here to tell you that I am God but to make you see that you are God". At least the impression that I had from his writings was that he was not trying to put himself up as God like many other gurus have done in the past and present. He was asking people to think for themselves - see the narcissism (though he did not use the term) and wake up. But it seems like this flavour that I got from some of his writings did not match up with his deeds in public or private. I never considered him to be the absolute real deal - that he is the great teacher whom everybody should follow - but my opinion was that he may have had achieved some progress in the Yoga and wanted to help people but had incomplete knowledge and was unaware of psychopathology and hyperdimensional realities. But it looks like at this stage that my opinion was wrong.
I do not consider myself to be emotionally invested in N's teachings or in N as a person. I think that there is a possibility of N being a kind of magician or sorcerer as described by Mouravieff in Gnosis Book2 (which I posted in the Osho thread) rather than being a regular psychopath. I am still quite puzzled by the sequence of events - like for example what is the relation between a sleazy video being broadcast and the immediate raid by forest department officials for illegal sandalwood in his ashram? But these questions are perhaps not important in the overall scheme of things like you said.

[/quote]

Some points comes to mind are

1. He is a tantric practitioner and tantra is linked to the black magic. The only way one can explain his phenomenal rise is hooking the important people where ever he goes and snatching the public land where ever needed. You see lot of complaints against him for snatching public land or poor people’s land. There is a repeated theme of disciple instantaneously transform into bliss and intense craving for him , the moment he touches the disciples forehead. This is similar to Laura’s pea soup ordeal ( in a negative way) in the hands of florida’s mombo jumbo white dress character in the Wave series . In this case, laura resisted to get rid of it. The same obsessiveness effect with Amma anandamayi Hug.

Did these guru's take permission of his disciple to touch them?. Is the simple presence near them is signal for the permission ?..I don't think so.
Where is the free will ?.

2. There is a repeated pattern of obsessive thoughts and feeling that guru watching over them. Though we can explain in it narcissistic terms in general case, but there seems to be some thing extra going on during the early phases of hooking. India did a decent job of busting the fake guru’s and media does a decent job of ridiculing them over the years, though sheer no. of guru’s and their varied tactics and the tendency of channeling the negative emotional energy ( due to poverty, family feeding, constraints on individual emotional makeup beyond the boundaries of consensual cultural program, un acknowledged narcissism ) towards super natural GOD has been exploited. This faith god is augmented by good intentioned guru’s and their methods and hijacked by the fake guru’s with the aid of politics and high connections in media and possibly black magic etc.

3. Then the very interesting questions about the high strangeness or hyper dimenstional factors.
In his video, he confesses that he felt like possessed and his teacher matha kuppummal said that is normal and he got used to it. . Tantra and his confessed possession factors contribute to attachments in his disciples ?.

If we look at the C’s comments on the eric pepin case and we have more to get horrified.

Oct 22 2008 session -
{Segment about Eric Pepin and Higher Balance Institute deleted for the present.}

Q: (L) Well, what about his product that he markets, this "Magneurol", that's supposed to make you super-psychic? Is there anything to that?

A: Sure... It makes you susceptible to microwave and other transmissions and your brain can literally light up like landing lights!

Q: (Simon) Landing lights... (L) Landing lights? Like something is going to land there?

A: You got it!

Q: (Simon) Does it make people identifiable to 4D or some alien race or species or...?

A: That is not the main purpose. It attracts those entities that seek certain "experiences." {Part of answer deleted which refers specifically to Eric Pepin.}

Q: (L) In other words, say earth-bound spirits "land" on these people or connect to them because of this Magneurol and induce them to seek out or desire or want the kinds of activities that Pepin promotes behind the scenes? Is that what you're suggesting?

A: Pretty much.

It was clear from the Amma’s story, Anandamayi’s Dolls are obsessive devices and Nityananda’s blessed items CAN be the tools used along with the mental weakness of the seeker and his blind perpetuated indian belief that "Guru is every thing". Listen to the soothing music of vedic chants that accompany these meetings and thousands of the bowing disciples and fantastic dresses and cultural programs like "vedas are superior to other religions and so we should be proud of them. so what we do to support them is spreading the good message". In this euphoria, what ever the small spell the so called guru casts is hypnotic and impossible to get rid of them. Once initial phase of hooking is done , then other cult factors comes into pictures.

If the 4D STS can use eric pepin( who has limited following ) for this purpose, why can’t 4D STS perpetuate same tricks with these fake guru’s with millions of followers and thousands of ashrams and high chairs in UN ?. Is the obsession is just another diversion and side effect of the attachments ?.

Did any body do chemical analysis of Amma's dolls or Nityananda's blessed articles ?

A similar theme emerges from the puttaparthi sai baba's story. Many of the new age western writers gets hooked to him because they saw him in dreams and he guided them to him etc. Once they are in his ashram,they are in hypnotic disney land of vedic chants, miracle mongering thousands of disciples every where . only very strong willed can withstand. There are some connections that Amma anandamayi worships satya saibaba.

this website gurufeet ( I am not sure of correctness of the list ) has list of guru's, many deceased and many we haven't heard the names. few controversial . some are outright fraud, as we know NOW. the list includes gurdjieff and ouspensky too. Out of around 600 guru's mentioned , more than 90 % are from indian origin and the indian scene is tainted and totally carpetted by sai baba's , anandamayi's and nityananda's, Sri Sri's. By hooking 3 or 4 people, 4D STS can control the entire planet. :scared: Is that the secret behind their success ?.

This reminds me the statement 'STS always takes shortest and least resistance path'.

Back
Top Bottom