Targeted by an Anti-fa acquaintence.

Update: This sounds like too much of a coincidence, but it appears someone entered by vehicle last night, didn't steal anything, and then put my hiking binoculars on my wheel in an attempt to get me to run over it. There has been a recent spike in crime in my neighborhood, but my vehicle being targeted only a day after this incident sounds like a bad movie script. I reported it and maybe the police will see something with the assistance of my landlord, but I didn't see anything on the camera pointed at my vehicle (but there are several other cameras to check and I can only view it on my phone). The most amazing stroke of luck though, I grabbed my garage door opener out of my car yesterday afternoon.

Read your environment, know the type of people you're dealing with, keep your aims in mind, maintain discipline... Remember it's not your job to change the world and that you are just 1 man.

And don't forget these people are NOT asking you for help, assistance or to give them the truth. The opposite , if anything. STO only gives to people who truly ask. STS tries to force help on people. Be STO. Can be very difficult and I find I have to constantly remind myself "they are not asking for help"

If it were me, personally, I might be moved to speak with a lawyer. If you suffer economic loss and reputation damage as a result of false and fabricated "items" then you may very well have the best way to shut them up, take their money. Slander and Libel are no joke. Of course be prepared to fight with them though. IMHO these are NOT rational humans at all.
Everything out on the net is pretty much permanent record. I'd be doing some screen captures myself, from a library somewhere. Befriend them under a different user account and keep a watch on them for awhile. It's amazing how much better I feel when I don't let the world's negativity get to me. In fact sometimes I like to "play" back a bit and GOOD in-formation is, IME, good.....:cool:

Shit is completely out of control. As always just my .02 cent...

If it were me, personally, I might be moved to speak with a lawyer. If you suffer economic loss and reputation damage as a result of false and fabricated "items" then you may very well have the best way to shut them up, take their money. Slander and Libel are no joke. Of course be prepared to fight with them though. IMHO these are NOT rational humans at all.
Everything out on the net is pretty much permanent record. I'd be doing some screen captures myself, from a library somewhere. Befriend them under a different user account and keep a watch on them for awhile. It's amazing how much better I feel when I don't let the world's negativity get to me. In fact sometimes I like to "play" back a bit and GOOD in-formation is, IME, good.....:cool:

Shit is completely out of control. As always just my .02 cent...
No, not rational humans.

I'm trying to figure out where I rate on their scale, so I read up on how Marxists feel about liberals (and who qualifies as liberal - big surprise, it's everyone who isn't a Marxist) and learned that "liberals get the gun too" and then went to check out Gab, and immediately deleted the account I created after reading all the trending stories. The far right echo chambers are equally bad in different ways. I just wish the extremes would get a room and leave the rest of us alone.

I'm at this crossroad to cutting off all contact. It hurts but what if they one day call the authorities (since we are heading to such a draconian society) because I said this or that years ago. These SJW or cultists and I can't help to notice that they are growing more fanatic. Hopefully they forget about me entirely. For my safety and that of my family.

A few years ago, it started to become obvious to me that posting on social media under my own name was just asking for trouble. Even back then people were getting canceled for innocuous things. With my argumentative and contrarian disposition, it was only a matter of time before they came for me.

So I just stopped using Facebook entirely. Now, 90% of my online activity is in very small group chats with friends and family, and by friends I mean people I know and trust implicitly. When I do post anything online, as here, I use a different pseudonym on each platform and try my best to avoid leaking any identifying information.

It's a dangerous climate. Strategic enclosure is crucial. Social media is a trap, and that includes getting into political debates with colleagues.

@Artex my 2 cents...

1 word... Discipline.

You must practise discipline in situations you find yourself in. If in a professional situation, be it in person or in an online forum of peers who know your identity, you must always remain professional and keep your opinion on social situations to yourself. If pushed to present a position, go for the politically correct non-controversial opinion... Don't try to rock the boat and be an 'activist'. It's not your job to correct other people's opinions, let others who have chosen to and have the temperament to, to fight those battles. Your job is to achieve whatever aims you set in that professional environment - I assume your aims are professional in nature.

This.

I've got a fairly right wing outlook on things, and I work in an economic sector which is entirely dominated by leftists. When one of them makes a Trump joke, or says something insulting about men, or whites, or what have you, I just nod, pretend to be interested, offer no particular opinion, and as soon as is practical turn the subject to something of professional interest.

Doing so takes incredible self control. My instinct is to fight. When someone says something I disagree with, I want to correct them; or to "win". In the current climate, however, that's suicidal. The radicals have the whip hand; any dissent is proof of heresy and punished by excommunication. They are not interested in debate, they are interested in wielding the unaccountable power that they have been granted by a system that is using them as commissars to exert totalitarian control over society.

That will definitely take discipline as I'm used to people being very approving of my liberal viewpoint, but now it's become too far right in the social media sphere.

It's funny. Everyone getting canceled these days are either boomer conservatives or liberals. It's been a while since a right-winger got done up - Tucker Carlson's writer being a notable recent exception. Reason is simple: they came for the right first; the right learned its lesson, and by 2018 was posting exclusively anonymously.

So, welcome to the club. Once opinions started being grounds for losing one's livelihood, it was inevitable that the range of acceptable opinions would narrow, as the definition of thought crime expanded. I saw this coming back when I was still a leftist, and got upbraided for using the term 'lame' - ableist, you see.

The lesson is: do not interact with leftists. Period. Do not post under your own name. Communicate only with people you trust, privately, or on fora on which your personal identity is not apparent. Speech has consequences now. We are no longer living in a free society and the quicker you adapt, the better you'll weather this.

Yes indeed, and I should learn to keep my mouth shut. A strategic enclosure indeed and surely this will be one the most difficult exercises I've undertaken to date. Unfortunately I'm extremely extroverted and always have been so my "stance" is already well known. I'm not Red or Blue but a registered Libertarian U.S Army veteran and "Pagan" too......oh my!

Personally I took the idea of "walking the walk" seriously and quite literally while "talking the talk".

Thanks for posting this Artex, definitely good food for thought and reflection. I hope that you find the path you need to find.

A few years ago, it started to become obvious to me that posting on social media under my own name was just asking for trouble. Even back then people were getting canceled for innocuous things. With my argumentative and contrarian disposition, it was only a matter of time before they came for me.

So I just stopped using Facebook entirely. Now, 90% of my online activity is in very small group chats with friends and family, and by friends I mean people I know and trust implicitly. When I do post anything online, as here, I use a different pseudonym on each platform and try my best to avoid leaking any identifying information.

It's a dangerous climate. Strategic enclosure is crucial. Social media is a trap, and that includes getting into political debates with colleagues.

I quit Facebook several years ago. Never did Twitter or any other platform, and I never communicate or leave comments on any social media.
It's a minefield out there, and especially in these times, when people have gone absolutely crazy.

My daughter was just given instructions by her company that the terms "whitelisted" and "blacklisted" are no longer allowed to be used in her work. Apparently, these are also terms used regularly in computing as she explained it to me. (I wouldn't have a clue) Anyway, she is frantically deleting these terms wherever they've been used and hasn't been given "replacement words" yet. :huh: So yeah, we are only at the entrance of this insane rabbit hole.
Reminds me of the book "1984" where his job was to correct words/writings to reflect the new (correct) history. Then the offending text was put down the memory hole. Sad times.

Yes indeed, and I should learn to keep my mouth shut. A strategic enclosure indeed and surely this will be one the most difficult exercises I've undertaken to date.
Since last week I read "Breath" by James Nestor, and I'm starting to feel like this incident occurred to give me all the reasons I need to keep my mouth shut, not just for my safety, but for my sanity and health. Also, now I understand how and why Éiriú-Eolas works.

Back
Top Bottom