Taylor Swift shilling for the PTB?

Russians have also seen far more dysfunction in government, societies, corruption and wars and tend to be more cynical and aware that the cloud may have a silver lining but it’s still mostly a big cloud. These experiences carry right up through glasnost to Afghanistan and beyond, so their experience is also much fresher and more recent. Also read more books. Instantly suspicious and skeptical of any sales job. That’s my general impression. Could be wrong.

Big diff between Huck Finn and War and Peace. So TS probably comes across as a sugar coated bon bon with no substance except for a little arsenic.

I really think you’ve stumbled upon a larger truth at work. The juxtaposition of the Russian mentality is a very real and core factor in the depth of the Russian heart and culture. TS may be a trivial entertainer in the bigger picture, but she’s also a call sign for how truly vapid the western culture has become.

Well, it's important to note that there are plenty of creators/singers who have pretty primitive materials/lyrics/melody. So it's not like Russia in general is more "enlightened" in this respect. Apparently Russia is also not the only country that doesn't listen to TS that much.

Take a look at "Taylor Swift’s global heatmap". Russia is on 67th place, while UK is even lower, on the 84th place. Even more surprising to see what contries are at the top.

But there are definitely more indications that it has to do with her lyrics. Here's a quote from a recent article.

She's known for leaving cryptic messages in her songs, but Taylor Swift didn't mince her words when issuing her bombshell statement endorsing Kamala Harris in the 2024 election - reportedly pushed by Donald Trump's 'frightening' diatribe.

The megastar, 34, had noticeably not endorsed a candidate, with a source telling the DailyMail.com that the Blank Space singer had been going 'back and forth' for weeks about whether or not to speak publicly about the upcoming election.

'She had toyed with making a statement after the debate, but wasn't 100 per cent,' the source explained.

However, after watching the primetime debate - which saw Trump, 78, accusing migrants of eating pets and claiming Democrats want to 'execute babies' in the ninth month of pregnancy - the songstress knew she 'had to speak out and pick sides for the safety of herself, her family, friends and fans.'

'She found his diatribe to be downright frightening,' they said.

The wording in this statement is also telling. :rolleyes:

I also search for what kind of "cryptic messages" she has in her songs and found this article from Military.com.

Swift is known for leaving cryptic messages, Easter eggs and layered meanings in her lyrics for her fans to find, argue over and decode. And while we're pretty sure that her lyrics aren't intentionally describing the military spouse experience -- although she did pen "Epiphany" in 2020 as a tribute to her grandfather, who served in the Pacific during World War II -- we found quite a few that speak to some universal (or nearly universal) truths about military life.

Also this:

Rather than address news headlines or relationships head-on, she embeds messages in lyrics and liner notes, music video imagery and outfits — all winking references to her devoted followers. By doing so, Swift creates a community among fans, who put their thinking caps on to figure out what exactly is happening next for the 11-time Grammy winner.

Thanks to the advent of social media (especially TikTok), theories proliferate even faster than Swift's own cryptic clues. Essentially, being a Swift fan sometimes feels like a scavenger hunt — combined with a dash of imaginative thinking.

This made me think about all kind of NLP techniques that can work in a "passive mode" while listening to music, and even work better or influence deeper if a persons spends a bunch of time analyzing the text.

Here's an article as an example that shows NLP writing techniques and how text can influence the brain.

I guess TS's lyrics take you on a verbal trip, similar to what was described in the recent session:

(Andromeda) You're thinking about Derren Brown who does the programming, pre-programming, and then can guess what you're going to come up with based on...?

(L) Yeah, yeah. Derren Brown. Watching that video is amazing. I mean, if you get exposed to certain things, he took prompts, basically, he took these people, put 'em in a car and drove them to an office along a certain route where there were certain things along the side of the road on their way there. And then, once they got there, asked them to create an advertising program, you know, for whatever it was. And both of them used almost identical elements from the things that they had seen along their route, you know? I mean, it had like a gate to a graveyard and a bear and an angel. I mean, it was bizarre. But the funny thing was that I was noticing the things that were along the route too, as we were going along. I didn't realize what was going on.

Well, it's important to note that there are plenty of creators/singers who have pretty primitive materials/lyrics/melody. So it's not like Russia in general is more "enlightened" in this respect. Apparently Russia is also not the only country that doesn't listen to TS that muc
I enjoyed the whole of your post and the reference to the recent session. Altogether I agree with what you’re saying. The only thing is that I was really just making a more general observation of popular Russian music, and how I’ve found that it indicative of the spirit of the public. “You are what you listen to “. Russian music tends to be more sentimental overall than western music. Which is not to say that western music lacks sentiment, but as the post I was quoting to begin with said, “Russian people tend to prefer sadder music.” I apologize if I wasn’t clear about that.

Well, this fellow shows that she uses the same chord progression over and over again. That could be part of the plan, basically have the same music with different lyrics to strengthen the effect. We know that part of the power of propaganda is repetition. We all saw that during covid. Same message given a thousand different ways.

Another interview with Mike Benz:

Follow the money follow the Cult

In her song, "The Best Day," Taylor mentions her father, saying "I have an excellent father; his strength is making me stronger."
Scott is extremely proud of his daughter's achievements. In the blog entry, McCain says:
"Introducing himself as also named “Scott,” he asked me to come down the hall to his office for a quick conversation. As we entered, I noted the platinum album on his wall from Taylor Swift, the teenager with the #1 selling album on the planet right now. He beamed – “That’s my daughter!” [3]
McCain goes on to comment on Taylor Swift, noting a similarity between Scott and Taylor's personalities:
"Scott Swift not only had me believing it…his daughter has done the same. Taylor Swift – unlike a Britany or Christina or Beyonce – writes pretty much all of her own material. She’s a huge star, who somehow remains accessible and down to earth. She has been a true role model for others her age, and younger. (And, I would argue that she’s a great one for anyone of any age.) While raking in millions, she still lives at home and seeks the most normal existence possible for someone in her position. She has changed the world. But, where does her execution of the old Casey Kasem philosophy (“Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars!”) come from? The obvious answer is: her parents. Scott Swift, though, seeks to contradict that point. “Don’t forget,” he said, “the same two people who gave us Jimmy Carter, also were the ones who parented Billy Carter.” And, while he’s right…there is also no doubt that his dynamic daughter is someone who has executed on the principles inspired in her by an extraordinary mentor and father. In the coming New Year, I’m keeping Scott Swift’s note with me constantly. My commitment is to change the world in the way that I can. I hope that Scott knows he has done the same…and we both want you know that you can, too."[3]

Taylor tweeted about how much she loved her dad on Father's Day in 2013.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom