The Black Death

I must say it sure is interesting how our bodies work . I have noticed personally that the effects of having a poor diet seem to effect my mentality and not so much my physical being. Over the past three years or so I've experienced the worst mental and emotional hardships of my life so far and yes I've become what most would call an unhealthy eater, I do not exercise, I smoke a pack every two days. I have not been to the doctors in three years because I feel physically fine. I have not had the flu or anything worse then a slight itchy eye allergy. I am curious as to what it is that our bodies hold that seem to filter out or block selected germs or whatever may be trying to cause harm?

Arreis13 said:
I've become what most would call an unhealthy eater,

Since this is not clear, are you saying that you are on a Paleo or Ketogenic diet and it is people who are not eating this way that say you are an unhealthy eater? Or, would it be those eating a Paleo and KD diet who would say this?

I apparently have influenza right now, and though there was a brutal beginning, there's nothing...more? I ate a lot today, particularly bacon, eggs, vegetables, and pork chops in butter (and some olive oil). From earlier:

"That wasn't twelve hours of sleep last night, but more like a coma I barely woke up from, and do not feel much at all refreshed for it..."
"For having influenza right now, I feel pretty damn...good. The coma / half-dead, feverish, sweating, and headache were earlier today, after 12+ hours of coma-like sleep."

We'll see. I'm amazed I didn't get sick sooner, given how much time I've spent outside (hours per every two days) on so little food and sleep in such low temperatures (consistently below 10°F / -12.22°C).

Just supplying a link which may be of interest re The Plague etc., it's about a gene - Delta 32 which formed during/after the Black Plague in the 14th century.

It's value in today's society is that if you have a double strain of this you are immune from the HIV virus. A few years ago I watched a Sixty Minutes type of program all about a homosexual guy who had lost a couple of partners through HIV, his problem was that he was depressed as to why they died and he lived, so with a bit of encouragement from a family member (sister I think) he went through a testing program and it was discovered he had the Delta 32 gene which gave him immunity.

I specifically remembered this gene as it reminded me of my mum, who was among a lot of disease in her youth, her adopted father had diphtheria and was in a local hospital in an isolation ward and she used to hop over the wall of the hospital to sneak in and visit him with soup and the likes from home, if she was ever questioned she'd just tell whomever that she had all the necessary shots or whatever they asked for - she didn't and she never got sick, I don't ever remember her being in bed with any illness.

A few years ago a friend noted that I never seem to have a cold or flu or other ailments, I just laughed and said "maybe I've got the Delta 32 gene". Then I explained it to her, she thought it may be possible.

Just thought it was interesting that maybe along with the Paleo/Keto diet it could be very good resistance for whatever comes for those who have it. It's possible to be tested for it now.

There are lots of links on Google re Delta 32

_http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask111

Yeah, the genetic immunity to HIV was discussed before, and also seems to indicate more evidence that "The Black Death" was not Bubonic Plague, but a viral -- most probably carried by comets -- infection. Also of note is that there's quite a bit of evidence that the survivors were mainly meat eaters (like the Germans, etc. described by Caesar in his Commentaries). The grain and carb eaters pretty much succumbed quickly. So it's all probably related somehow.

I'm not sure what a paleo diet is? I do not eat according to the pyramid food chart method we followed back in school. I do not watch my carb or sugar intake or stay away from any kind of foods that I enjoy. Thats the best way I can explain myself.

Arreis13 said:
I'm not sure what a paleo diet is? I do not eat according to the pyramid food chart method we followed back in school. I do not watch my carb or sugar intake or stay away from any kind of foods that I enjoy. Thats the best way I can explain myself.

A "Paleo" diet, as defined on this forum, is basically grain-free and dairy-free (except butter and ghee if tolerated) and avoiding most legumes/beans, seeds, and even fruit that is out of season locally (but generally, as well, as modern fruits are very different from wild varieties -- they're basically a whole lot of fructose sugar and anti-nutrients and fiber). You can read more about it in the Life Without Bread thread. Out of that thread grew the Ketogenic Diet - Path to Transformation? thread which is about getting into nutritional ketosis which requires net daily carbs to be generally below 50 grams (depending on the individual) and 60 to 85% of daily calories from animal fats, with moderately restricted protein intake. Both threads are "sticky" threads in the Diet and Health boards.

Here is a lecture about the sociological and economical consequences of Black Death in medieval Egypt and Europe.

Very interesting because he explains the kind of changes going on in a high mortality situation. But I don't think he read Mike Baillie.

Epidedemics then & now, University of Chicago June 26-29,2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMrQDN-OdE

His book : The Black Death in Egypt and England: A Comparative Study
http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Death-Egypt-England/dp/0292722133

Review :
_https://www.academia.edu/274994/Stuart_J._Borsch_The_Black_Death_In_Egypt_and_England_A_Comparative_Study._Austin_Tex._University_of_Texas_Press_2005._Reviewed_with_William_Jordan_

Borsch's comparison is based on the different kinds of ownership of land in the two societies in the 14th century, the time when the Black Death struck Europe and the Middle East. "In contrast to their Egyptian counterparts, English landholders had a much more direct economic interest in the welfare and management of their estates." The basic reason for this was that the English landholders could pass their land on to their heirs. By contrast, the large majority of Egyptian landowners were "specialized warriors known as Malmuks" who could not pass their land on to their heirs; and even their ownership of it was tenuous in the factional conflicts and intrigues in Egypt at the time. Borsch finds the answer to his main question of why England managed to recover economically after the Black Death while Egypt did not in this difference in land ownership. A considerable proportion of each country's population, including those who worked the land, succumbed to the plague; which some historians have likened to a nuclear holocaust in the areas it afflicted. England's system of land ownership was the decisive factor in its economic recovery in the years after the Black Death. In order to keep their land productive and thus valuable, England's landowners were obliged to adapt to the new power the surviving workers had gained in the agrarian economy with the loss of so many to the disease. The Malmuks in Egypt, on the other hand, had scant incentive to make any adaptations to hold up the value of land they had only a precarious ownership of. Borsch draws out the economic, social, and to a lesser degree the historical effects of this fundamental difference between English and Egyptian landownership in the late medieval period. An assistant professor teaching Islamic and Middle Eastern history as well as history of the world and Western civilization, he has the right learning for this work.

Had a look by searching in the forum and did not see (sorry for the noise if it is here) Defoe's main talk about what was being observed prior to the plague; other than what was mentioned early in the thread.

A Journal Of The Plague Year By Daniel Defoe said:
But I must go back again to the beginning of this surprising time. While the fears of the people were young, they were increased strangely by several odd accidents which, put altogether, it was really a wonder the whole body of the people did not rise as one man and abandon their dwellings, leaving the place as a space of ground designed by Heaven for an Akeldama {field of blood}, doomed to be destroyed from the face of the earth, and that all that would be found in it would perish with it. I shall name but a few of these things; but sure they were so many, and so many wizards and cunning people propagating them, that I have often wondered there was any (women especially) left behind.

In the first place, a blazing star or comet appeared for several months before the plague, as there did the year after another, a little before the fire. The old women and the phlegmatic hypochondriac part of the other sex, whom I could almost call old women too, remarked (especially afterward, though not till both those judgements were over) that those two comets passed directly over the city, and that so very near the houses that it was plain they imported something peculiar to the city alone; that the comet before the pestilence was of a faint, dull, languid colour, and its motion very heavy, Solemn, and slow; but that the comet before the fire was bright and sparkling, or, as others said, flaming, and its motion swift and furious; and that, accordingly, one foretold a heavy judgement, slow but severe, terrible and frightful, as was the plague; but the other foretold a stroke, sudden, swift, and fiery as the conflagration. Nay, so particular some people were, that as they looked upon that comet preceding the fire, they fancied that they not only saw it pass swiftly and fiercely, and could perceive the motion with their eye, but even they heard it; that it made a rushing, mighty noise, fierce and terrible, though at a distance, and but just perceivable.

I saw both these stars, and, I must confess, had so much of the common notion of such things in my head, that I was apt to look upon them as the forerunners and warnings of God's judgements; and especially when, after the plague had followed the first, I yet saw another of the like kind, I could not but say God had not yet sufficiently scourged the city.

But I could not at the same time carry these things to the height that others did, knowing, too, that natural causes are assigned by the astronomers for such things, and that their motions and even their revolutions are calculated, or pretended to be calculated, so that they cannot be so perfectly called the forerunners or foretellers, much less the procurers, of such events as pestilence, war, fire, and the like.

The "natural causes" mentioned by Defoe, may well be the interconnection spikes of electrical/plasma interactions from comets - see Pierre's book Earth Changes and the Human Cosmic Connection: The Secret History of the World.

In Germany and England it was probably closer to 20%. Northeastern Germany, Bohemia, Poland and Hungary are believed to have suffered less for some reason (and there are a few theories which are not entirely satisfactory).

hi all!

the above quote from the mentioned sott article led me to replying here...

Sometime ago I studied Bavarian-swabian regional history (Bavarian-Swabia is where I live) and my Professor is kind of a "academic star" in his field of studies. And he has indeed a very intense aura - at least as I experienced him. He once published an article about a phenomenon which was until then neither widely known nor explained or even explored. He collected data from old writings, registration books, church files and so on and wrote an article called: Black Death and its White Spots: Contributions to the Great Plague of 1448/49 in the regions of old Bavaria and eastern swabia [original: Der Schwarze Tod und die Weißen Flecken. Zur Großen Pest von 1348/49 im Raum Ostschwaben und Altbayern, in: Konrad Ackermann/Hermann Rumschöttel (Hg.), Bayerische Geschichte – Landesgeschichte in Bayern. Festgabe für Alois Schmid zum 60. Geburtstag (ZBLG 68), München 2005, S. 519-539 ]

I read this article once, and it is at least 7 years ago. I tried to find an online publication - nothing. So I can only tell you what I recall.

As I remember it he does not explain the why, but he quite sharply outlined the borders of those spots, where the great plague simply didn't happen. Only very few or none of the people living in those "white spots of black death" got ill in these regions. And there were several of them. Nobody there died because of it - at least there is not a single written or other evidence of it, to say it carefully. The people in those areas have been at least to some degree aware of what was happening around them, that can be shown due to Kießlings research concentrated on their strategies to avoiding getting the plague, like closing ctiy doors and so on.

Now I had an idea. Let me explain how the idea developed.

When I first read Laura's post "AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION? " (which was then a little different, ... caused by Amoebas)

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38053.0.html

my(already there) interest in Microorganisms was spiked enormously. I started to read a lot more books on the topic, started fermentig vegies, brew my own Ananas beer - at least i tried to. I didn't succeed in every try I gave those experiments, rest assured.

Then I went on a hike with an old friend of mine, her sister is now living in the area of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, very close to the alps, and the landscape is beautiful there. After our hike we visited Oberammergau,which is a very famous small town, known for its "Passionsspiele" - a religious play of the cuzifiction of Jesus Christ. The legend tells that the mayor of the villige in the middle ages when the plague occured did some oath. He prayed to God that he would honour God and Jesus Christ with a play, starring only locals, every ten years - if only God will spare the village Oberammergau from the Plague. And legend tells that it worked! Only few got sick,all of them could be cured.

What has this to do with fermentation? Good question. I will tell you by using another deviation. My ex partner and father of my son is belgian. And so I knew a lot about beer, especially special belgian beers, and one of them is called Krieck, it is a cherry beer (tastes awful to me). Anyways, one relative ofmy ex who lives in Belgium (she loves Krieck) told me, the brewery once wanted to expand and leave their original building and move to somewhere else. The did, but luckily didn't immediately sell the parent house. When they started brewing at the new site, nothing worked anymore. The beer came out completely different than before, it rained protests of the Krieck-Fans. End of story: They moved back and arranged with a stable amount of beer (which was after moving back totally of same quality like before) without growing and producing more. AND there was one Brewer who explained later on WHY the beer came out so wrong at the other site: He had probed the aerial local microorganisms at the old and at the new site and they were completely different in composition, some microbes were lacking totally at the new site!

So as we stood in front of the festival hall of the Passionsspiele in Oberammergau right after our hike and talked about the legend - I had the sensation that most if not all of the information I had on microorganisms and the plague seemed to merge into the idea: What if the white spots were because of the microorganic colonization of the area? Laura again and again says: As above so below! Can't it also be: As within so without? Like in the same way the microorganisms that live inside us - we need them, not all of them, for essential processes - and we can sanitize and/or cultivate the colony inside us by the right food and awareness - which changes our frequency according to the C's - that there is the very same principle at work outside of our body. That the white spots of black death were the areas where somehow the frequency was not given for the plague to spread. Did I get to you? I'm not a mothertongue english and maybe I may be not clear because of language. But what do you think? Can the microbiology of an area be the cause of certain diseases to spread or not? I myself think that it can very well be.

greetz!

An alien experiencer who has a internet blog called the Orion Mind Project, recently wrote about the plague which I happened to read. She says it came from aliens, which I believe in inline with some the C's comments. And she is told it selected for certain genetics. My first association was the Jews. It turns out there is a wikipedia page about Jewish Persecution during the plague, perhaps they were not any more genetically susceptible to it, but they were blamed for it. They were even accused of poisoning the wells. There is two citations on that. Strangely that is exactly what, in the account below, the dark lord referenced, saying it did.

I must have fallen asleep right about then. However, I had a horrendous dream last night, which I’m
nearly completely sure of was dictated from things told or shown to me by Zetas and/or Dark Lords.
Namely I had a long dream about a plague epidemic. And being a dream I thought it was my reality, this
movie scene that I was living in. There was the plague, and we people didn’t quite understand how to
avert it. People were getting sick with it all the time, and then they died.
It catches their lungs. And then it don’t let go. So we designed it that way. So that we could have more
people to eat. We wanted more lunches. We wanted people to be eating! So we took out the ones that
were not. The hopeless ones, we should say about them??? We wanted to eat. So we took them out,
the others. We wanted more pizza pie! – Mölök, the underlined is not angry, just very pleased
The sky was black and at night. But the plague wasn’t as horrendous to have as I would have always
imagined. It was just people getting sick. This whole cataclysmic horror wasn’t there. It was just people
being sick, with fever first and they were vomiting when they had contracted the illness. This whole
fright that we feel when we think of the plague today, feeling so horribly scared, well the people didn’t
feel all of that. They were just simply having a fever and vomiting.
It affects their lungs. So that they can be our soup next time. We wanted their lungs to collapse, so we
designed it that way. The metabolic rate??? Was it not affected? – Mölök, perhaps a Zeta told him
something about metabolic rate, perhaps in relation to the plague
The metabolic rate isn’t affected by it. We just called it the bubonic. And then we got free time here! –
Mölök, the underlined was excited and happy not angry
People died soon after they had contracted the illness. In the dream I was a woman and I was one who
was helping to wheelbarrel the dead bodies to a cemetery which was just growing. The smell there was
horrendous. I was told that it would smell really horrible once I get to the graveyard, and I braced myself
but it was unlike I could have expected. Actually I have smelled a dead mouse from when I had mice as
pets as a child. It is the smell of a dead mouse, but here it also had the smell of vomit and disease.
Bodies were being buried in many rows. There seemed to be bodies that had just been dumped in their
allocated spots and not properly buried down so they smelled really bad, the smell of a dead mouse.
It was a horrendous and long-lasting dream and I woke up after that dream and the aliens were talking
to me about the plague. So I had been asleep while they had been telling me about the plague and my
mind had dictated a dream out of it in which I was partaking. So turns out the aliens of the Agenda,
meaning Dark Lords and Zetas, they created the plague and gave it to humans. A Dark Lord told me now
that I was awake in the morning that the disease had been put into the well water because “everybody
has to drink sooner or later”, he said. In the dream there had been a man who was immune to the
disease, he would not catch the disease, or maybe that he had first had a fever but recovered. Some
humans were immune to the plague and they survived. But the other ones they all died. This was a way
in which the aliens were able to selectively choose which type of humans will remain and the other ones
were wiped out. For Agenda purposes.
The thing is, doesn’t the Christian church say that diseases such as the plague were given to humanity by
these black demonic monsters, which I’ve for a long time now already known are the Dark Lords?
Scientists today scoff at those observations made hundreds of years ago. Today’s scientists think they
can rewrite history in ways that suit them. Who are we to simply reject all the things that humans long
ago experienced and things that happened to them? They probably even knew that the Dark Lords had
done this to them

etezete said:
As I remember it he does not explain the why, but he quite sharply outlined the borders of those spots, where the great plague simply didn't happen. Only very few or none of the people living in those "white spots of black death" got ill in these regions. And there were several of them. Nobody there died because of it - at least there is not a single written or other evidence of it, to say it carefully. The people in those areas have been at least to some degree aware of what was happening around them, that can be shown due to Kießlings research concentrated on their strategies to avoiding getting the plague, like closing ctiy doors and so on.

[...]

That the white spots of black death were the areas where somehow the frequency was not given for the plague to spread. Did I get to you? I'm not a mothertongue english and maybe I may be not clear because of language. But what do you think? Can the microbiology of an area be the cause of certain diseases to spread or not? I myself think that it can very well be.

I'm not sure I understood correctly etezete. Are you saying that the microorganisms in the soil of those white spots prevented the black death to spread in those areas? Perhaps there could've been other factors at play for why those areas were not hit by the plague, maybe the people there smoked tobacco, or ate certain foods, or tried to prevent it from spreading as a strategy as you mentioned. But it's difficult to tell without seeing the information he found, I tried to look for the paper you mentioned but couldn't find it either. Too bad, because it would've been interesting to read his findings!

wetroof said:
Orion Mind Project said:
A Dark Lord told me now that I was awake in the morning that the disease had been put into the well water because “everybody has to drink sooner or later”, he said. [...] They probably even knew that the Dark Lords had done this to them

Hey wetroof, not so sure what to think of this person's blog, I wouldn't give too much credibility to someone who says he is talking to a 'dark lord', plus doesn't really back up his claims with objective research (afaik). If it concerns the black death, I don't think it's correct that aliens or dark lords were behind it. Though, you could say it was done by 'aliens' from outer space, but in the way of comets!

New Light on the Black Death: The Cosmic Connection

There really is quite sufficient data presented in Baillie's book to support the theory that the Black Death was due to an impact by Comet Debris - similar to the impacts on Jupiter by the fragments of Comet Shoemaker-Levy back in 1994. As to exactly how these deaths occurred, there are a number of possibilities: earthquakes, floods (tsunami), rains of fire, chemicals released by the high-energy explosions in the atmosphere, including ammonium and hydrogen cyanide, and possibly even comet born disease pathogens.

Oxajil said:
...it's difficult to tell without seeing the information he found, I tried to look for the paper you mentioned but couldn't find it either. Too bad, because it would've been interesting to read his findings!

It appears the article can be found at the end of volume 1 of a two-volume booklet of the Journal of Bavarian History 68 (2005) Rolf Kiessling, The Black Death and the white spots. For Great Plague of 1348/49 in space Ostschwaben and Old Bavaria (519-539)

A URL is here:

_http://www.hsozkult.de/journal/id/zeitschriftenausgaben-2345

...and it appears to be available for a cost of 41 Euros, but I've yet to figure out how to access any download or check-out page.

I'm not sure I understood correctly etezete. Are you saying that the microorganisms in the soil of those white spots prevented the black death to spread in those areas? Perhaps there could've been other factors at play for why those areas were not hit by the plague, maybe the people there smoked tobacco, or ate certain foods, or tried to prevent it from spreading as a strategy as you mentioned. But it's difficult to tell without seeing the information he found, I tried to look for the paper you mentioned but couldn't find it either. Too bad, because it would've been interesting to read his findings!

Yes, Oxajil,
that is what I meant. And not only in the soil, in the air, too. That is why I mentioned the story with the Belgian Krieck beer, those microorganisms which made the difference were also airborne. And yes, I agree, there are other factors to it, like the diet, smoking tobacco, their way of living - we all know that stress changes body chemistry, and so on.

It appears the article can be found at the end of volume 1 of a two-volume booklet of the Journal of Bavarian History 68 (2005) Rolf Kiessling, The Black Death and the white spots. For Great Plague of 1348/49 in space Ostschwaben and Old Bavaria (519-539)

A URL is here:

_http://www.hsozkult.de/journal/id/zeitschriftenausgaben-2345

...and it appears to be available for a cost of 41 Euros, but I've yet to figure out how to access any download or check-out page.

and yes Buddy,
that is what I found, too.

The annoying thing is that I have my ex Professors private telephone number... here... somewhere. Somewhere where I cant find it now :-[

I will go on searching it. I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom