The Consortium, the Quorum, the alien interface, depicted in 'romantic' fiction - what the heck?!

I'm a little past half way through the first book (chapter 26) The reveals of the 'consortium' are sprinkled in in matter of fact fashion. I really like it. The Regency setting was getting a little stale for me. I can't help but think of @Neil for this reading project. I think it might fill the bill.

I was ready for something different. Right on time!

I'm a little past half way through the first book (chapter 26) The reveals of the 'consortium' are sprinkled in in matter of fact fashion. I really like it. The Regency setting was getting a little stale for me. I can't help but think of @Neil for this reading project. I think it might fill the bill.

Well, don't be surprised if you eventually feel the need to go back to the regency type romances just to cleanse your palate, so to say. Reading the books in the list on this thread was truly harrowing in a number of ways and I just needed some relief with Balogh!

The books by Georgia Le Carre are, not surprising perhaps, translated into Russian.

Has anyone been able to find any of Le Carre's books in audio format?
I also could not find them. On her FB, some people are asking and I saw one reply which left the impression finding a suitable narrator who has time is an issue. @seek10 I believe had an idea of how to have a machine voice read the novels. I think one needs an Apple product to install the software.

I'm using the kindle app for windows 10 on my desktop.

It has a built in text-to-speech function. You can start it via Tools > Start Text-to-Speech. You can stop it at the same place.

The machine voice it generates isn't to my liking and I have difficulty understanding it when I'm not simultaneously reading along with it. But that may be due to the fact I'm not a native speaker, I suppose.

PDF-readers have a similar functionality under Image.

Last edited:
I'm using the kindle app for windows 10 on my desktop.

It has a built in text-to-speech function. You can start it via Tools > Start Text-to-Speech. You can stop it at the same place.

The machine voice it generates isn't to my liking and I have difficulty understanding it when I'm not simultaneously reading along with it. But that may be due to the fact I'm not a native speaker, I suppose.

PDF-readers have a similar functionality under Image.
I thought it depends on the ebook whether you can do text-to-speech? Do those books allow text to speech on the Kindle for Android or iOS apps?

I thought it depends on the ebook whether you can do text-to-speech? Do those books allow text to speech on the Kindle for Android or iOS apps?
Books by Georgia Le Carre << at goodreads.c_om link. Also includes a picture.
She has written 50 books between 2014 and now, it appears. May be that audible cannot keep up with her.

I have been following this thread with some interest, however I was waiting until I actually got a couple of the books under my belt before opening my mouth. These books would seem to be more up my alley in their sci-fi elements, but in an Xfiles-esque way, that being mostly real but dumbed down a little and with some artistic license taken to make it fit for TV. This whole thread reminded me of a remark the Cassiopaeans once made about Xfiles "telling the people what they need to hear." I find the contemporary "consortium" setting appeals to me more, as it is more realistic and relevant than taking refuge in a highly romaticized simpler bygone era which is never coming back and I never had any affinity with in the first place. Some of the Regencies I read do touch on dark subjects, but generally speaking I found them a bit "Disney fairytalish" and just a little too perfect to maintain my credulity. The Regency authors are good with ideals, but they really have to spin a good yarn to get me over that initial hurdle and into the story. Quite possibly these books are a bit too dark, and if you could combine the "classiness" of the Regencies with the relevance of the conspiracy books you would probably have the perfect love story according to my particular proclivities. So the "Billionaire" saga is on my list of things to do at some point.

Do you mean getting to the end of book and then a sense of relief with finishing it?
What was the feeling you were left with?
More like, getting through the darkness to find the light at the end was rewarding, but while in the middle of the book, one had a sense of anxiety. Due to the way the story is written and the aspects of humanity that are explored.

I think a Dark Romances label is needed for these. Probably not 3 - Intense.
Ideally, I should create a new column called "category" with value "Dark Romances", but that needs some code change. For now, I can add a new value to "D - Dark Romances" to the existing "book-intensity" list "1- Mild", "2-Average" , "3 - Intense". In future, I may create another "category" column at that time I can remove it from "Book Intensity" list. Please let me know if that is ok

According to one website, "You Don't Know Me" is after "You Don't Own Me". I changed BookID's, series Name and order as follows. You Don't Own Me: The Russian Don in the list will contain 2 books. I kept Blackmailed by the Beast as a stand alone book.

BookIDAuthorSeriesBook NbrBook Name
285Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker1Owned
286Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker2Forty 2 Days
287Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker3Besotted
288Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker4Seduce Me
289Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker5Love's Sacrifice
290Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras1The Russian Billionaire
291Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras2The Other Side of Midnight
292Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras3You Don't Own Me: The Russian Don
293Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras4You Don't Know Me: A Bad Boy Mafia Romance
294Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras5Redemption
295Georgia Le CarreBlackmailed by the Beast

Please let me know if we need any changes.

I went to Amazon to check this and found out you're right about this.

If Text-to-Speech is available it is announced as such under Product details on each Kindle page at Amazon. All books in the list above have text-to-speech enabled, I've found.

I cannot say anything useful about Android or iOS apps since I'm not using those, but I would be very surprised when it wouldn't apply to those apps too.

Ideally, I should create a new column called "category" with value "Dark Romances", but that needs some code change. For now, I can add a new value to "D - Dark Romances" to the existing "book-intensity" list "1- Mild", "2-Average" , "3 - Intense". In future, I may create another "category" column at that time I can remove it from "Book Intensity" list. Please let me know if that is ok

According to one website, "You Don't Know Me" is after "You Don't Own Me". I changed BookID's, series Name and order as follows. You Don't Own Me: The Russian Don in the list will contain 2 books. I kept Blackmailed by the Beast as a stand alone book.

290Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras1The Russian Billionaire
291Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras2The Other Side of Midnight
292Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras3You Don't Own Me: The Russian Don
293Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras4You Don't Know Me: A Bad Boy Mafia Romance
294Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras5Redemption
295Georgia Le CarreBlackmailed by the Beast

Please let me know if we need any changes.

Just to clarify because I was confused for a minute based on the titles given, "You Don't Own Me: The Russian Don" as you've marked it is called You Don't Own Me 1+2 or You Don't Own Me: Box Set to denote the combination of the first book of The Russian Don series You Don't Own Me and its sequel You Don't Own Me 2. It's not exactly clear from the Amazon book page but the title page of the two books lists the names as 'You Don't Own Me (Book 1)' and 'You Don't Own Me (Book 2)' with 'The Russian Don' under both names in both books designating the series.

Based on what Laura has said and based on the above, I think Blackmailed by the Beast should be in the Billionaire Bankers - Extras series (as number one according to Laura's original designation), You Don't Own Me 1+2 and You Don't Know Me should be in The Russian Don series, and Redemption should be at the end as a standalone. Like so:

290Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras1Blackmailed by the Beast
291Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras2The Russian Billionaire
292Georgia Le CarreThe Billionaire Banker- Extras3The Other Side of Midnight
293Georgia Le CarreThe Russian Don1You Don't Own Me 1+2
294Georgia Le CarreThe Russian Don2You Don't Know Me
295Georgia Le CarreRedemption

Hello!
I am not sure whether this is the place to post my question, but it popped in my head as I am trying to buy the Billionaire Banker Series. A little bit of background: I always liked reading romance novels, they made me a reader, and I don't normally share this interest with anyone for fear of that silly chuckle I have got when I "confessed" it. So, I rarely state my taste toward this genre with colleagues or acquaintances. After noticing that there are people --men and women--in this forum that share my interest and see it not just as simply "love stories' but rather as stories of love to learn from, I followed the recommendation list and I am starting my second book on that list. Now, the Billionaire Banker series caught my interest because of Laura's post this week and people's comments. So, I am browsing Amazon and am ready to buy the first three books. So, my question: How do you like your Kindle? I like paper books (prefer paperback) because my computer hurts my eyes, and I work with the computer all day so I take a break with "real" books. But, it seems like a good idea to have, especially when I have to pack my books to move (they're so heavy!). Are Kindles kind to your eyes? Can I carry one to places such as the beach, on trips, and not regret that I scratched/broke it? Thank you for your input!

Onto something else, I share the same feelings with some people in this thread, I sometimes have to put a book down and take a break by doing something "silly", my heart aches sometimes and I feel anxiety, desperation, hopelessness--unpleasant feelings. It used to be just books or movies that triggered them, but currently, there are more instances, such as attending mandatory conferences at my school with certain Keynote speakers that-- in my opinion, are just lost, and some people at parties truly put me off with their nonesense blabber. So, I need to do something "silly" to recharge, for instance, watch a Hallmark movie, take a walk near the river, turn off my ears and kindly step away, call mom and ask how the neighbors are doing, play with my cats, read a romantic book (I recommend How Not to Die Alone)... Is it that I am becoming intolerant to things that go against what I believe to be true/valid? Is it being aware of evil/insensitivity/manipulation in people? Is it me going Kooky or over-thinking? I usually remember that part of Amazing Grace in which Laura could see the kids in High School predating on others and sucking their energy. Alas, this is not an easy road. As my husband puts it, these are historical times, it's not whether we are right or wrong, it's about Good V Evil and it is important to disconnect or else we might find ourselves gone. I am looking forward to reading the Billionarire banker series. Thank you for reading my post!

Back
Top Bottom