The C's Best One-Liners/Funniest Exchanges

Re: Instances of Laughter and Humour in the Cassiopaean Transcripts

Paa said:
Had me laughing a lot.

Usually gets me every time too, I always enjoy reading the humor of the C's.

Welcome to the forum, Paa. I just wanted to mention that it is customary for newer members to post an introduction over in the Newbie's Forum. This way everyone can get to know each other (nothing personal - just a quick hello/how you got here is fine). Feel free to look around and see how others have done it.

Welcome again! :)

Quote from: 950527

Q: (L) Are you still there?
A: As always, Laura, do you think we go out to lunch or something?
Q: [Laughter] :)
A: You keep asking if we are here?!?

This one is my favorite! :D

LMJ said:
Quote from: 950527

Q: (L) Are you still there?
A: As always, Laura, do you think we go out to lunch or something?
Q: [Laughter] :)
A: You keep asking if we are here?!?

This one is my favorite! :D

Yup, that is priceless. :lol:

A: We have told you before: The Nazi experience was a “trial run,” and by now you see the similarities, do you not? […] Now, we have also told you that the experience of the “Native Americans” vis a vis the Europeans may be a precursor in microcosm. Also, what Earthian 3rd density does to Terran 2nd density should offer “food for thought.” In other words, thou are not so special, despiteth thy perspective, eh? And we have also warned that after conversion of Earth humans to 4th density, the Orion 4th density and their allies hope to control you “there.” Now put this all together and what have you? At least you should by now know that it is the soul that matters, not the body. Others have genetically, spiritually and psychically manipulated/engineered you to be bodycentric. Interesting, as despite all efforts by 4th through 6th density STO, this “veil remains unbroken.”

Bolded line got me laughing :P

[quote author=Serendipity]
C's said:
A: ...In other words, thou are not so special, despiteth thy perspective, eh?...

Bolded line got me laughing :P [/quote]

One of the most commented, "you must be Canadian", signifier - end of a verbal sentence use is, eh. :P

Don't ask me why eh. :-[

Getting back into reading the Wave. This is in chapter 10.
August 5 said:
[Q: (L)] I would like to know: what is the possibility for Sirius to go supernova?

A: Sirius is indeed a supernova candidate.

Q: (L) Well, it’s about 8 light years away. I don’t think the human race would survive that one!

A: In the words of a wise philosopher: you would fry!

Q: (A) That’s a wise philosopher.
Wise indeed. :lol:

For the record, I'm curious; does someone know WHICH wise philosopher, or is it just mirth?

Peace all. I'm not sure this forum or the "Tickle Me" forum is best for this, but considering that most of the discussion in this area is more serious, I thought I'd post it here first. Mods let me know if this is best placed elsewhere.

As we know, the C's are far from a boring channeled source. They can be downright hilarious at times, so I thought it would be cool to spotlight their often comedic way of transmitting specific points. Post your favorite one-liners and exchanges from the transcripts.

I still get a good laugh out of this exchange every time I read it:

September 19, 1998

Q: (L) He also says: “I believe that an enlightened being is emanating love wherever that person is, and this is even without being asked. It just happens because that is what they are — love.” Comment, please.

A: An enlightened being is not love. And a refrigerator is not a highway.

Q: (L) What?! Talk about your mixed metaphors! I don’t get that one!

A: Why not?

Q: (L) They are completely unrelated!

A: Exactly!!!

Q: (L) What is an enlightened being?

A: An enlightened being.

Q: (L) What are the criteria for being an enlightened being?

A: Being enlightened!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my favorite ones is from Session 941107:

Q: (L) Why are these hallucinations so consistent?
A: Because those that do have that expectation. If you ate enough peyote you would encounter Santa Claus if that was your expectation. (Much laughter)

By the way, there is a thread on this:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,10311.0.html

:)

FlyChi said:
Q: (L) What is an enlightened being?

A: An enlightened being.

Q: (L) What are the criteria for being an enlightened being?

A: Being enlightened!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This one shook the kundalini out of many navel-gazers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zadius Sky said:
One of my favorite ones is from Session 941107:

Q: (L) Why are these hallucinations so consistent?
A: Because those that do have that expectation. If you ate enough peyote you would encounter Santa Claus if that was your expectation. (Much laughter)

By the way, there is a thread on this:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,10311.0.html

:)

Ah! Cool, thanks!

Came across this while looking for something else and thought to post it here:

Session 19 November 2005

Q: Where do you transmit through?

A: Cassiopaea

Q: [Group is eating cookies and chocolate] (S)Do you want a cookie or a chocolate?

A: Please, a Cassiocookie.
:lol:

Hmmm, a 6th density cookie; don't suppose they provided a recipe, that would be spoon feeding. :D

This is one of my favourite ones:

Q: (A) Well, goody!
A: Each colossal begets its light to where there was no light. And where once there was all light!
Q: (L) I want some more clues!
A: Not tonight, Laura, I have a "Lightache." Good night.

:lol:

thorbiorn said:
020223 said:
(R) Can I do some personal thing? It is about my now ex-girlfriend. I'm a little bit worried about her because she is really afraid of the dark and she doesn't want to talk about it really and I'm just really curious what the cause of it is.
A: When it becomes a sufficiently debilitating issue, she will talk about it.
Q: (JN) Is that a polite way of saying it's none of your business?
A: Perhaps the cause is the concern it engenders.
Q: (V) She's creating her own darkness? She's perpetuating her own...(J) Fear of the unknown. (R) Yes. Oh yes. Absolutely. (V) She's doing it to herself. In other words maybe it wasn't something like she was locked in a dark closet when she was a kid. (R) Actually that's what she says. (V) Oh (laughter)! :) (R) That's what she said. I just didn't believe her. It just seems so extreme that...(V) Have you met her parents? (R) Sure. (L) Would they do that? (R) No, no her kid brother locked her...(JN) Yeah I was going to say that sounds like something a brother would do. (V) My brother used to do some crappy stuff to me too (giggling). :) (R) Okay, so he chased her into the bathroom and closed the door and the light switch was on the outside. I was curious if that was really...(V) Yeah but there's more to it than just that. (R) So this seems to say that she perpetuates, she enhances that herself and until it becomes a real problem she'll have it. (L) Well it is a handy thing to have to get sympathy. (J) She's holding onto it for some reason (V) Drama, drama, drama. Very dramatic. It caused you to be dramatic towards her, didn't it? (R) Well, no, it is just, yeah, I always had to...(J) You had to leave the light on. (R) Exactly.
A: Shakespeare said it: Sound and fury signifying nothing.
Q: (L) I think we ought to check the whole quote at some point and see what all he was saying. I'm not a Shakespeare person. (V) From what work is this quote? (L) I just want you all to know I am not a Shakespeare fan so...knock it off (laughter as she speaks this to the board)! :)(V) Can you tell us what Shakespearean work this is from so it can be further...
A: Tempest.

[It's actually from Macbeth:

Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

The Tempest contains the following:

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

Which conveys a similar meaning, but in different words. Obviously, the C's are not Shakespeare fans.]
Comment: The use of the word Tempest could in addition be a commentary or continuation of the answer "Sound and fury signifying nothing", since 'a tempest in a teacup' is just that. The quote from The Tempest may describe the person.

Maybe the C's are Shakespeare fans? First they introduce a quote from the Shakespeare play Macbeth, when no question directly relating to Shakespeare was being asked. And then they mention a second Shakespeare play, "The Tempest". Asking which play the first quote came from seems like a classic example of a pointless question to be bothering the C's with, since the correct answer can be so easily determined by our own research. For the C's to have answered with the correct answer, "Macbeth", would have been a waste of their resources and a neglect of our own abilities to research. So if the C's chose to give the name of a different play instead as their answer, why choose the Tempest? One suggestion has already been given above, that the original situation being discussed was like a tempest in a teacup. That is possibly a slightly strained interpretation, as "tempest in a teapot", "storm in a teacup", and variations are not themselves Shakespearean phrases, although The Tempest is the name of one of Shakespeare's plays. [_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempest_in_a_teapot] While "tempest in a teapot" may be one reason for their answer the Tempest, another one could be that there is something else about the Tempest that relates to the Macbeth quote.

The play "The Tempest" begins with a storm at sea, in which a ship is split apart and wrecked. This storm seems to have quite a bit of "sound and fury", as shown by these quotes:

[[Stage direction:] A tempestuous noise of thunder and lightning heard.]
[. . .]
A plague upon this howling! They are louder than the weather or our office
[. . .]
The sky, it seems, would pour down stinking pitch,
But that the sea, mounting to th' welkin's cheek,
Dashes the fire out.

Is it possible that this last passage could refer to deposits of burning black oily material coming from the sky? Or is just describing the sky as being very black, and the lightning as very excessive? A sky that is just black would not itself be likely to start fires; while lightning in itself could start a fire, but is not black like pitch.)

So if the storm in the first scene of the Tempest has sound and fury, does it also signify nothing? In a way it does, as there is no loss of life, only material loss of the ship. The storm was magically created by
the magician Prospero. His daughter Miranda requests him to calm the waters if he has caused the storm:

If by your art, my dearest father, you have
Put the wild waters in this roar, allay them.

Prospero reassures his daughter Miranda that no harm has been done to anyone:
The direful spectacle of the wreck, which touched
The very virtue of compassion in thee,
I have with such provision in mine art
So safely ordered that there is no soul,
No, not so much perdition as an hair
Betid to any creature in the vessel
Which thou heard'st cry, which thou saw'st sink.

[The fourth line of this passage may be a little hard to make sense of. It is generally taken to have the meaning "that there is no soul lost" or "no soul perished"; despite the fact that the actual word "lost" or "perished" is not included. Stephen Orgel in his edition for the Oxford Shakespeare describes this omission of a word as: "an anacoluthon. The omitted verb, "perished", is implied in "perdition".]

Admittedly with Shakespeare it is a bit too easy to read many different interpretations into any particular passage, or in particular one's own favoured interpretation into certain selectively chosen passages. I still wonder though if making reference to two of Shakespeare's plays in one session without any particular prompting indicates more that the C's are perhaps Shakespeare fans, rather than that they just made a blunder and gave the wrong Shakespeare play name because they were not Shakespeare fans.

Back
Top Bottom