The fourth kind

I watched and yes it's waste of time but watch it for yourself and decide. There's much of fiction like when they do hypnosis aliens speak through them in Sumerian, and "abductees" said they saw owl every night, yes that aliens have ability to abduct every night but I don't think it's the case, it's to often. Then there is this owl, like some implanted memory they all have but in reality abductees don't say so, it's different from person to person, person who is religious will see Jesus, person who had someone who was close to him and died would see that person, probably everything to make you feel comfortable. Only thing that isn't laying to you in this case when you can't rely on your mind are emotions after the abduction. And there is this screaming all the time when they are abducted and this doesn't happens because you're allegedly paralysed all the time. And when they spoke in Sumerian it was kind of I'am Anu , good, etc... really funny. If they wanted to create good movie about abductions they should have investigated that seriously but what to expect from Hoolywood films that have always lacked reality in historic and real life movies. The knowledge really helps in this situation and most of people are really scared after watching it and I would be if I didn't know something about that topic, but know it's looks silly and really shows how people are controlled by fear. And there are aliens shown like shadows entering through doors fast like some burglars, and if abductees are paralysed there is no need for that, and if they are like robots(greys) they walk like robots, that means slow.

Afther seeing the movie, and seeing the tapes of the hypnosys and all the info about the case. Well, is creepy and I'm curious about, what happened to the little kid of the woman, because it is veridic, you really have to see the movie, it could be fear my dear friend, but those folks who lived those experiences, have a good trauma. The movie gets crepy when Abygail listen the tape, and with his secretary and friend listen the summerian lenguage.

And for me it's like a documentary, dramatized and with real tapes and videos of the cases, like the abduction of the child, the (I didn't knew this) extraterrestial possession of the people, is really, really amazing , the intervew with Aby... it's a movie you have to see if you want to know about a big experience from Nome

I recommend to see this movie not as a blockbuster movie, more like probable evidence of and abduction, at least I think the most important material of the case is showed on the movie.

Imagine, whoever of you, if one alien takes your child and you don't have the power to take your kid back... a big trauma I think

And I don't know why the people say that some parts are fiction when they show the real material. And why some people believe in aliens, or extraterrestrial people, but not in posession, all that should exist. And well, I don't think the movie it's imitating a dramatized movie of real events, I think it's dramatizing real events.

Sid said:
I am probably over-stating but this was the crappiest of the crappy crap I ever watched.

Well, I mentally crapped my pants watching it. :umm:

Saw it last night at a friend's place - not in its entirety, we jumped between all the good bits and watched for a while and so on. And it was enough to give me a sick and demented feeling. It's intense and wrong, though it certainly gets you hooked.

I think they made it overly scary and dramatised (even though alien abduction is not a fun thing). Yes, I realised very quickly that there was little realism to it and a quick follow-up search confirmed that (definitely similar concept to Blair Witch). But there seems to be more to it than meets the eye. The movie is filled with all sorts of openers - sounds, flashing images, quick cuts etc. Number 33 features prominently. It has a very subliminal and hypnotising feeling - I actually felt myself going under a couple of times (even though we fast-forwarded quite a bit of it) and had to find useful distractions away from the screen.

It smacks of one big warning to researchers into the paranormal that they are going to be hurt, permanently abducted or driven to insanity by pursuing the truth. That in itself is probably close to the money but they took it to gruesome dark places like psychosis, murder and suicide.

It has vague Sitchin overtones, with the Sumerian language of the aliens and IMO suggests a 3D dimension to the alien phenomenon. But I think they got the creatures' personality right. This cruel attitude of no compassion and ownership towards humans. The bit where the researcher pleads to have her baby returned and the being says, "Girl never to be returned. Ah!" was just so awful. That satisfaction at human suffering...

If you're gonna see this, be careful and expect to be taken on a wild ride of hypnotism, sound manipulation, disturbing violence and dumbfounding scenes. I actually announced after watching it, "This movie touched me in places I don't like being touched."

If you think you'd had some unusual experiences and perhaps it upsets you - really think twice before watching it. It will meddle with your innards in a most unpleasant and uncool way.

I had a chance to see it yesterday (03.03. :) what is a good match with presented time of all abductions :) Possibly my reaction a year ago will be more coloured with the fear and solid question mark above my head, but now it left me calm, like watching a more or less interesting attempt of a real even dramatisation.
Something that looks strange to me is the fact that they are used a police camera footage (I don't know how easy is nowadays to obtain such thing from US Police department), and definitely that lifting and ancient language speaking during the hypnosis session. I'm not so sure how is that connected with reality.

adam7117 said:
Number 33 features prominently.

It smacks of one big warning to researchers into the paranormal that they are going to be hurt, permanently abducted or driven to insanity by pursuing the truth. That in itself is probably close to the money but they took it to gruesome dark places like psychosis, murder and suicide.

I was waiting for someone to mention both of these things. I must say, I was not planning on watching this film until my roommate picked it up, and the truth is, I'm glad I did go ahead and watch it. My take is as follows.

It doesn't matter if the story itself, as presented, is true or not, what does matter are the underlying concepts and symbolism used. From my experience it seems that there are factions who use Hollywood to reveal certain truth(s) to the masses unconsciously and consciously to those that can read the symbols.

The number 33 - Occult symbol. Highest publicly known level of Freemasonry teachings.

As stated above, it is repeated many times during the movie since all the abductions/waking up take place at 3:33am. This leads me to the possibility that the numbers are intentional. Kind of like a, "Hey, listen up. There are no coincidences."

The white owl - Occult symbol. Wisdom/knowledge/communication.

In the film the owl is hiding the knowledge of what the being really is, from the conscious memory of the individual. So it can be said that the owl is the symbol of knowledge which is hidden in the subconscious.

If you extrapolate this same line of thinking into reality it comes out as follows. The occult (ie. secret teachings in general) use the owl (symbol of knowledge, though I wouldn't say wisdom) as their mascot of sorts and it seems to me these secret teachings have been introduced over time to the masses on an unconscious level, via movies and other forms of "entertainment". Though I do think this accomplishes two goals. The first already stated. The second, as a learning tool for those who know the symbols.

Personally, I was looking at this movie from the perspective that the "aliens" represent 4th STS beings. The black haze that represented what could be seen past the owl and electromagnetic interference on the supposed "real" footage were both indicators of this. The recorded speaking of the beings seem to reinforce this due to the strong suggestion for the study to stop (to keep in info from getting out) and the statement that it was "god".

Again, this is only my perspective.

Hi urbanhermit,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Now, this wasn't anywhere as good as The Mothman Prophecies in its creation of a localised atmosphere imho, but I still maintain this film has some value. Abductees as time bombs just tickin' and tickin'? Hell yes! We all see the signs.....

The feeling of hyperdimensional menace is less than adequate for me, and it solely comes down to the capturing of that essence of tangibility, for me.

Also, all these big butch men howling like frightened babies makes me wonder. It's sick, it's scary, but it's not THAT scary. Even under hypnosis, no way, I do not buy it.

For the record I am a ten stone skinny white boy and do not consider myself to be "hard". BUT....it ain't as scary as seeing the potential future global scene. And I've been threatened by a giant spider via so called transmog beings when "hallucinating" wildly. You don't kill your children over it. You may well have a nervous breakdown, mind. But, as ever with cinema, a deeper and more subtle film was eschewed in favour of a nerve jolting potboiler.

The false docu parts were an unneccessary intrusion for me and hindered my enjoyment. Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway, man. Old hat and lacked any real addition of emphasis. The story lacked depth, as did the characterisation. Not enough feeling; sure there was sensory activity, but the pulse was a little bit thin.

But a good cautionary tale if any needed knowing about the potential time bombs on our streets in the days and years to come. Finally dystopian fiction has made it into the present tense. We can take it back from the sci-fi geeks and return it to its proper context. The mystery of the mind.

With a proper writer rather than a hack, a reasonable exploration of the psychological depths of the abductees could have been explored and in tandem with scientific scepticism, made for some fine interplay; and, given the subject matter added contextual emphasis. These are crises of the spirit, metaphysical psychodramas that have yet to be done justice on the screen. Perhaps it's the writers that need to up their descriptive game. In terms of jounalling, I learned that to be a fine and galvanising challenge in itself. To even dare to think that you could think outside the box. Makes me want to go read "The Threat" for a little more.

A sad reflection of the psychologically archaic film industry, a limping relic, these film-makers perish for a lack of knowledge. Still, above average and worth seeing.

Franco said:
Real footage of actors, there is nothing "real" in this movie, it's a movie, just like blair witch and paranormal activity though not marketed as such.

Unless you really believed those people lifted off the bed/couch when they underwent a hypnosis session?

I have a chance to watch this film, and I agree that it has a similar "taste" to The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity . And, the whole "levitating off the bed" thing in the "real" footage can easily be done with a lifter with a bed sheet over it. The other thing is the "real" footage of the murder-suicide and the someone yelling "Action" can be heard off-camera. Even the UFO "seen" in the police camera felt "off." Almost every bits here and there are just "off."

The "real" Abigail "Abbey" Tyler is actually played by Charlotte Milchard. And, Milla Jovovich played as Dr. Abigail "Abbey" Tyler. They both played a person who don't even exist.

I agree that this film is just over-dramatized with an attempt to make this film as a documentary. How sad that this film was even made at all.

My husband and I watched this movie without any preconceptions or anticipations, and my first impression was the movie makers were going for the BWP effect, but kept wondering whether the "actual video" (this keeps flashing on the screen) was real footage. As the movie progresses, it kept getting creepier in a disturbing way. After it was over, I kept wondering was that based on real events? If so, I wondered why the Dr. hadn't done remote viewing with the hypnotic patients, like Laura had done with her patients during hypnotic sessions, and whether they would have experienced the same effects of the recall? But alas, Hollywood went for the jugular for the ultimate creepy effect.

We've read The Wave series, and I've read High Strangeness, which left me feeling the same way, actually more so but in a sobering way.( that may not make sense, but that's the only way I can describe it) So, the issue of whether this movie was based on actual events wasn't a yardstick I used to measure this movie's creepiness factor; the "creepiness factor" was disturbing because I think it sort of tested our fear response to what Laura has written extensively about, which in our opinion, IS stranger than fiction:
The Wave, vol 7 in High Strangeness, pg 340 (from "the long and careful exposition of the facts, the data, the observations that lead up to the following remarks" in regards to the role of the psychopaths in the negative hierarchy")
And we see that the ultimate aim of the psychopath, as living representatives of the [Non-Being] hierarchy, is to master creative energy. To assimilate it to the self, to deprive others of it by inducing them to believe lies. Because, when you believe the lie of the psychopath, you have given him control of your Free Will - the essence of Creativity.
The planetary entity is the focal point of a specific density of mind/body interaction. At certain cosmic moments, or "crossroads", such a planetary entity may be scheduled to polarize into a highter density. The Negative hierarchy sees this as a "ripe moment" to induce that polarization to take place negatively so that the planetary entity will participate wholly in the Negative fourth density reality rather than the positive reality. Negatively polarized beings require a negatively polarized planetary base from which to function, just as higher-density positive beings need positively polarized planetary bases.
The Hermetic maxim again: Economics of light energy above, and economics of control of minds and will below. They want to use humanity's own creative energy to "lock" our planet under their domination.
What we see now in terms of the diminishing resources of our planet, the intensified UV bombardment of our atmosphere, is not an "unfortunate but inevitable byproduct of industrialization": it is part of the deliberate, covert effort of the Negative hierachy to prepare the biochemical and electrical composition of this planet for negative polarization.
There are such things as "evil planets: and dark stars. And the real question at this time is: Is Mother Earth about to become one?
and isn't the success of the psychopath's lies require a thread of truth to wrap the lies around? I guess this is what I contemplated after viewing this movie- the thread of truth, but in the context of issues covered in these books. I hope the excerpts sited weren't taken out of context too much, but would encourage anyone who felt disturbed by this movie to read Laura's work in these books, if you haven't already. Knowledge Protects! Learn to discern and all that jazz.

Quote from High Strangeness... by Laura Knight-Jadczyk, pg 341

...Humanity is being set up to be batteries to fuel an "event" that the Entropic forces hope will result in their aims of being masters of the planet in fourth density.
What do you think this means?
You don't think that six billion people on the planet have aligned themselves consciously with the force of Creation do you? And we know there aren't a whole lot of them ready to graduate to conscious alignment with Entropy either.
So what does the Matrix want?
LIFE FORCE.

We had the opportunity to view this movie open-minded, not knowing anything about it, and were, in a sense, able to test our fear response to the disturbing subject of alien abduction.
(B-, on a curve?... more work needed) What was interesting to note were the different levels of denial or belief the characters developed which seems to reflect reality. maybe it's better to triangulate the extremes and just observe our own reactions and thoughts post-viewing this movie.

I watched this movie two nights ago by myself (my husband wouldn't watch it), and like Skyfarmr I went into it with an open mind and very little knowledge of what the story was about. I have to say, initially this movie scared the bejeezus out of me. :scared: It is a disturbing story that left me less with a feeling of fear, but of more of hopelessness at the end. It does a great job of trying to manipulate people who believe that there is truth to the abduction phenomenon into thinking that there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. Even if you challenge the abductors, as the therapist did in the movie, you will find yourself physically and mentally ravaged and your life will be left in shambles. I mean there was not ONE positive outcome for anyone in that movie! It was the same way I felt after watching The Road. Just give up. What a manipulation (though are any of us surprised?).

Just watched this. I had seen the preview when it was coming out last year and thought it looked creepy and compelling but pretty much forgot about it. It's now in HBO's rotation and even OnDemand (yes, I know...cable...but that's another discussion).

I was relatively taken in by the "based on a true story/real footage" gimmick while watching it. It made the experience that much more intense but now I wonder what my reaction would have been knowing upfront that it was a composite of cases or whatever it's supposed to be with more frightening than informative spin. Having read The Wave, High Strangeness, etc. both made it creepier by giving it at least some believability but also kept it from being nightmare-inducing knowing the larger context those books provide. It definitely seems like part of a negative agenda to release a movie in this way; if they're going to work so hard to make it seem "true" then why not say it's a conglomeration of real cases and actually cite those cases?! and maybe include some more informative elements instead of just "hopelessness" as it was referred to a couple times in the movie. Yes it works in a certain way as a gimmicky horror film released just after Halloween, but if it has the idea behind it to get people to think the phenomenon is real then it all it offers is to make them more fearful in their normal lives, rather than just Halloween scary time, without providing them with any useful information to deal with the subject.

It could have been redeeming that the end credits have a bunch of sound clips of supposedly "real"? UFO sighting reports, but they're supposedly calling into some sort of "UFO reporting center". What is that even supposed to be?! Coast to Coast with Art Bell? Maybe they're transcribed from real reports and they were just trying to get across the volume of reports, but it didn't make a lot of sense.

Well I finally got around to seeing this film. I don't know how some people thought it was "crappy", since it scared the living hell out of me and I thought the acting was very good. As I was watching it though, and seeing the supposedly "actual footage", something told me it didn't look genuine, and I recalled reading somewhere a year ago that the "real events" weren't real at all. Then I reached the end of the movie, and read the text about what had happened to the people in the film, which got me thinking, "So it WAS real after all". And here I am now, after having found out that my original gut instinct was right and that no, it wasn't real, and it was all done as a marketing gimmick. I gullibly believed that no one would lie to the camera with "What you are about to see is based on real cases". There wasn't even a disclaimer in the credits at the end saying it was fictitious, which I find to be very disturbing. I really don't know how that can even be legal quite frankly. Yes I know we are lied to all the time by Hollywood, but to do it so blatantly with no disclaimer is really a first, is it not?

3D Resident said:
Well I finally got around to seeing this film. I don't know how some people thought it was "crappy", since it scared the living hell out of me and I thought the acting was very good. As I was watching it though, and seeing the supposedly "actual footage", something told me it didn't look genuine, and I recalled reading somewhere a year ago that the "real events" weren't real at all. Then I reached the end of the movie, and read the text about what had happened to the people in the film, which got me thinking, "So it WAS real after all". And here I am now, after having found out that my original gut instinct was right and that no, it wasn't real, and it was all done as a marketing gimmick. I gullibly believed that no one would lie to the camera with "What you are about to see is based on real cases". There wasn't even a disclaimer in the credits at the end saying it was fictitious, which I find to be very disturbing. I really don't know how that can even be legal quite frankly. Yes I know we are lied to all the time by Hollywood, but to do it so blatantly with no disclaimer is really a first, is it not?

Actually, no. ;) Coen Brothers did the same in Fargo. Here:

During the opening credits, a disclaimer states that Fargo's story is a "true story" based on an actual kidnapping and murder case - although the white-on-black inter-title's claim is questionable and has been disputed. [The end credits state: "The persons and events portrayed in this production are fictitious."] However, the tongue-in-cheek claim of authenticity lends an air of credibility to the ghoulish account.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.

Back
Top Bottom