The Hawk and the Crow

Black Swan said:
This is the most laid-back, chattiest hawk I've ever seen. I think he/she's pretty young so maybe that has something to do with it. In any case, I'm enjoying his presence as long as it lasts. :D

Sounds like a really good mirror to me. :D Thanks for sharing.

I've noticed something strange of late too with the animals around here.

First, I have noticed a lot, and I mean tons, of bunnies running loose.

Practically every day for a week or more now we see a bunny hopping away when walking the dogs. Sometimes they sit there and stare at us.

And earlier today we walked by a deer.

:)

She was maybe 15 yards from the road or so and knew I wouldn't let the dogs get to her. Just two days ago we saw another at this same spot, but that one was younger and smaller.

Funny thing is she just stood there motionless for a moment, until I said hello.

:D

Then her ears perked and sort of "waved" at me, but again she never moved from her spot, just kinda gazing at each other. So we had a nice chat for a couple of moments.

Once we were a bit farther up the road, then returned to her grazing.

Reminded me of the story of Cancer and the Golden Hind of Artemis in Astrology and the Labours of Hercules.

If you are fortunate enough to get a photo of these two that would be great!
Thanks for sharing this 2D story.

Herakles said:
First, I have noticed a lot, and I mean tons, of bunnies running loose.

Yeah, lots here this summer, too.

Herakles said:
And earlier today we walked by a deer...Then her ears perked and sort of "waved" at me, but again she never moved from her spot, just kinda gazing at each other. So we had a nice chat for a couple of moments.

Lovely! Artemis would have been pleased. ;)

me said:
I hope this doesn't mean the bears are next.

Well...it did. :shock: A big black bear crossed over the pond in my front yard as we were eating dinner tonight. Tomorrow is trash day (hadn't put mine out yet) so I guess he was roaming around looking for snacks. Not even gonna hazard a guess at what might be next. :scared:

More wildlife (of the reasonable sort ;)) on parade at my place. Had a flock of wild turkeys (about 16-20) by the waterfall out front two days ago and a doe and young buck there yesterday. Though I live in a forest, it's still been some impressive wildlife for a residential area me thinks. :)

Back
Top Bottom