The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

Reporting in from Central Texas, highlights of my situation and of the past week:
  • Haven't had running water since Sunday night
  • Temperature should reach a high of low 40's today with plenty of sun so I'm hoping the pipes thaw today and that there wasn't any damage to the interior pipe system
  • I'm on well water instead of city so no dire need to follow the boil protocol when it eventually does start flowing again
  • Have been harvesting ice off the ground since Wednesday as reserve water was not sufficient
  • Harvested icicles from the roof yesterday including one that was 5 foot long which is insane for this part of the world
  • Still have about 60% of my property covered in snow/ice from waking up Monday morning (5 days, also insane for this area)
  • Never lost power, but all of my friends and family either lost power, water, or both at times
  • Had to go down to the river to collect water in a 5 gallon bucket to use to flush the toilet, covered in snow/ice, which was quite a strenuous trek considering the steep incline of the path, but thankfully it wasn't uphill both ways 😂
  • My Husky has been thriving all week long
  • I realize how truly precious access to water is and couldn't emphasize enough how much I under-appreciated the ability to do simple things like clean my dishes, wash my clothes, and to take a shower
  • Also realize that even storing bottled water or similar just isn't enough for a long term catastrophic event - it helps but really cannot provide any semblance of a comparison to a sustained access of replenishing your supply
Plenty of lessons this week, but the biggest one is probably realizing that while I'm very mentally prepared for a collapse, I'm very under-prepared physically for such an occurrence, but also realize that the bar for becoming truly physically prepared is set pretty high for a civilization that depends so much on the chain of order of things to live day by day. We are wholly a civilization that is not in any way self-reliant, and it's not just a switch you can turn on or off. That bar may not be a level I'm able to achieve and definitely is not a level a vast majority of people will achieve; the cost to set up a proper infrastructure for such an event in today's economy is just too high to consider, and the money is no longer there and will only continue to worsen.

While those operating the energy companies decided to shut off the power to the plebs, you know damn well they made certain their families would be unaffected by such decisions. While people sat in darkness and cold those in charge never batted an eye while the Austin city skyline continued to be lit up at night, at least not until the plebs began complaining en masse, then it became okay to pass an ordinance disallowing exterior lighting on such buildings, though no ordinance for such buildings' interiors to be affected. While people froze, were unable to cook or clean themselves, were price-gouged on hotels and told to use glow sticks as lighting, those in charge never sacrificed a thing to their normal routines, being symbolically and literally insulated from such an outlandish consideration. In Oklahoma City, where a friend of mine lives, he and his girlfriend and their young children sat without power with ice forming on the inside of their windows, and their city decided it was okay to light up and warm a huge stadium for a basketball game.

I do hope people are taking notice, and in doing so getting appropriately angrier with those who claim to be leaders, and I hope that this event has become an alarm clock to many people that something radical needs to change, starting with our officials, scientists, academia, media, and all institutions who have lied, cheated, conned, and spit on the masses as they continue to push ideas and agendas that have been demonstrably wrong time and time again.

But now I'm just preaching to the choir, anxious and stalling for time while wondering and getting desperately worried that the fat lady has missed her appointment...

@Pearce, what you have stated is exactly what I have been thinking the last few days. Here you have a true disaster where people are suffering and dying but there isn’t a lot of media coverage or drum-beating to get everyone’s attention. The authorities are just hoping for it to get over and done with soon lest the whole world starts to take notice.

Compare this to the attention they are giving to the fake pandemic and in a way, it makes sense from their perspective. They know that something even worse is coming and want to control the narrative and isolate these events as much as possible by locking everyone up and preventing news spread via social media.

Hoping that the sunnier weather returns to Texas soon and things get better for you. Just hang in there.

Plenty of lessons this week, but the biggest one is probably realizing that while I'm very mentally prepared for a collapse, I'm very under-prepared physically for such an occurrence, but also realize that the bar for becoming truly physically prepared is set pretty high for a civilization that depends so much on the chain of order of things to live day by day. We are wholly a civilization that is not in any way self-reliant, and it's not just a switch you can turn on or off. That bar may not be a level I'm able to achieve and definitely is not a level a vast majority of people will achieve; the cost to set up a proper infrastructure for such an event in today's economy is just too high to consider, and the money is no longer there and will only continue to worsen.
One of the most important things about prepping that is overlooked often is being physically fit, on one hand you have joe six pack and on the other you have joe six abs, one not being in shape and other being totaly dependent on chemistry for gas and with no body fat to sustain him in the longer run. Starting small (like bicycling, hiking, running or even walking) and adding more with time in the range of one s abilities, free time and age, or maintaining it will benefit everybody also from health and energy perspective, and can be fun for some.

Shelter and heat are most important things after which comes water and food, that especially being true for Ice Age and much harder when it comes to heat and starting fire without shelter in open wet, frozen and windy enviroment, but that also comes with a risk when there is mass unrrest because the fire at night is a signal, and having larger community helps as a deterrent in that regards. So fuel like diesel, petrol, woods and gas would probably be the most sought for with things like antibiotics, food and others.

One good cheap book that comes handy among many good books out there that I have and covers survival it all in all it s spectrum is SAS survival handbook by John Lofty Wiseman, it is guide to survive everywhere from arctic climate through temperate, tropical and desert enviroments, and covers basic things from fire, water, shelter, edible and poisonus plants, fruits, fungi and trees, animals, to making trapps for small to large animals and many more. Even if many things need time and practice others are theoretical also so you never know when it can come handy in today s changing world and you can learn something new and be more self sustainable.

Pearce, am I correct that you do have power, but your water pipes have frozen. If so, I'd like to tell you what I learned working for a plumbing contractor in NW Washington state where we had snow regularly.

If you have water pipes on the outside walls of your home, during freezing weather, open the cabinet doors. This will keep them unfrozen by letting heat from your home circulate around them. If you have a crawl space and your water pipes run through it, depending on size, put one, or more, incandescent lightbulbs down there and turn it/them on during freezing temperatures. Also, put a candescent lightbulb in your pumphouse. We (the plumbers I worked with) had to do these things for many people during freezing weather and their pipes unfroze a lot faster than if they didn't have them. If they did have them and used them during the freezing temperatures, their pipes wouldn't have frozen. I can attest to them working as when I first had my home built, the pumphouse froze. The contractor told me to put a lightbulb in there and turn it on. It thawed in a matter of a couple of hours (however, it was small). Also, by using this information, I didn't have to contend with frozen water pipes.

So, hopefully, you can get some incandescent lightbulbs, if you don't already have them, and get your water running again. :-)

Thanks @SevenFeathers and I'm glad to see you are okay also! Definitely a wild and weird week.

@sid indeed and the biggest difference between the plandemic and a real disaster is how much they want to be "on stage" so to speak. With Covid, they'll give interview after interview and all the press conferences, but in a situation that calls for actual leadership, they run and hide faster than Ted Cruz fleeing to Mexico. Pathetic.

@Corvus when I said physically prepared I had in mind physical structures and assets, like perhaps an indoor garden or hydroponics setup, or even finishing my fireplace which fortunately wasn't an issue this time. Physically in my body, I'm still pretty in shape from growing up as a gymnast, though if I could tone down my overactive metabolism that'd be great! But everything you said still is very valid, and I'll definitely look into the book you recommended. I've got a few survival books but another one couldn't hurt.

@Nienna thanks for the interesting suggestions! yes you're correct I still have power. We have a pump shed where all the plumbing is connected to the well and then to the house, sadly the shed itself isn't insulated which probably would be a good idea, but at the least we do have a space heater out there pushed up close to the pipes, it just wasn't enough. As far inside the houses, in the main house the pipes go up into the attic, haven't discovered any leaks yet so hopefully they didn't burst, and in my little tiny house they also go up into the space between the loft and ground floor, but it's not accessible without removing the ceiling. I'm sure my little house is fine, it stayed warm and toasty as it's not a very big space to heat, just unsure about the main house. Will know more today though when it warms a bit and I turn the pump back on.

Edit: one thing that the present/future me is laughing about is the fact that after this week, 50°F is now considered warm to me, whereas before this last week "past me" would have been complaining it was too cold 😂

Last edited:
JP Sears is talkin' Texas!
Is this guy reading the C's sessions?
He seems to be mastering the talent that the Cassiopaeans indicated be used:

Q: (Joe) I have one last question. Several months ago, we talked about speaking out against things going on. They said strategic enclosure to the max. And we just... didn't pay any attention to that whatsoever. [laughter] I'm just wondering if there's any danger to us specifically due to the way we're pointing out things going on? Or are we in danger? One benefit I always thought is that we're in France, but we're writing in English for the Anglosphere. We're not really talking in French about what's going on in France.

(Chu) Well, we do have French SOTT and they do bash...

A: Tone things a bit and use allusions more.

Q: (Joe) So, I should write something like: “Isn't this strange the way things happen like this? Kinda weird! I think there might be something strange about what governments are doing. Maybe they're making a big mistake. What do you think?” [laughter]
I looked up different definitions for the word Allusions:
allude,
hint,
indicate,
infer,
insinuate,
intimate,
suggest.

Ted Cruz fleeing to Mexico
Ted certainly screwed up and made it worst with his lying excuses. And just to prove how schizo our reality is becoming, FoxNews radio had AOC giving a pronounced exhortation about coming together to help Texans as well as for any future such disasters. She came across as very sincere and believable if you ignore her issues with Cruz - she claims Cruz almost had her "murdered" via the Capitol riot. So regardless of her motives and the politics involved, she has come through. Ted flew the coop while she flew in! BTW, it's 58 degrees F in Houston right now.

US Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez raises more than $2 million to help Texans recover from nightmare winter storm

The New York congresswoman launched the fundraiser on Twitter Thursday to benefit five Texas relief organizations.

AOC raises $3.2 million for Texas amid weather crisis

The New York Democrat flew to Houston on Saturday
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez traveled to Houston with a Texas-sized gift of support for the families suffering from the recent freeze, power outages and water emergency.

The New York progressive announced Saturday she raised more than $3 million in donations for relief efforts in Texas and more is still coming in.
"We hit $3.2 million in assistance for Texans across the state just last night," Ocasio-Cortez said at the Houston Food Bank Saturday morning. "I think this shows that New York stands with you, but the whole country stands with you."

She said donations were still coming in and she hoped they could even reach $4 million.
"We're in Texas so we got to go big with our support. And so we hope to go even bigger. We hope to hit even more," Ocasio-Cortez said.
She said 100% of the money raised through her vast political grassroots donor network will go directly to help Texans. The funds will be split among 10 relief organizations, including food, housing and eldercare support.

She said she wanted to help the Houston Food Bank, in particular, because anyone can receive help, regardless of their immigration status.

AOC SAYS GREEN NEW DEAL WOULD HAVE HELPED TO PREVENT TEXAS BLACKOUTS [:lol:]
"Here at the Houston Food Bank, no questions are asked. You come up and you need help, you do not have to have to prove a damn thing," Ocasio-Cortez said.

Ocasio-Cortez's visit to Texas comes amid a public relations firestorm for Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who was caught vacationing in Cancun with his family as millions of Texans were stuck in freezing homes without power or safe drinking water. Cruz cut his trip short amid widespread criticism and expressed regret when he returned home.
CRUZ ADMITS CANCUN TRIP 'OBVIOUSLY A MISTAKE' AS HE RETURNS TO FIND PROTESTERS OUTSIDE HIS TEXAS HOME

Ocasio-Cortez has repeatedly called for Cruz to resign for leading the effort to contest President Biden's election win, which was the backdrop for the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
On Saturday, Ocasio-Cortez said she wanted to focus on the public servants, especially the women, who were on the ground helping people during the disaster. She gave a shout-out to Texas Democratic Reps. Sylvia Garcia and Sheila Jackson Lee who accompanied her to the food bank.

"They are here and they're on the ground. And they're helping Texans and they're knocking doors with their neighbors," Ocasio-Cortez said. "Let's focus on the folks who are doing the work -- on the leaders and the champions."
Oh man - what a show!! I'm afraid the next problem with all those broken water pipes will be black mold - what a costly mess that will be to eradicate!

Meanwhile, our non-elected Geezer-in-Chief has announced his plans to visit . . . umm, where ever it is that's having the problem ["I wake up in the morning and say Jill, where the hell are we?”]:

President Joe Biden says he'll visit Texas soon and sign a major disaster order after a winter storm hammered the state

It’s unclear when or where Biden will visit Texas. He told reporters Friday that he originally considered visiting in the middle of next week, but didn’t want to be a burden.

“When the president lands in a city in America it has a long tail,” he said.
For sure I'm biased, but it really didn't seem like ol' Joe was on top of this at all! I guess his response was at least better than W's during Katrina in that help was actually discouraged and even refused.

I know the C's frown on chemtrails, yet there are alot of video examples of this 'snow' not melting. I am at a loss as to how to explain this without saying chemtrails!

mypatriotsnetwork.com/patriot/texas-snow-that-doesnt-melt-weather-modification-technology/

Last edited:
@Corvus when I said physically prepared I had in mind physical structures and assets, like perhaps an indoor garden or hydroponics setup, or even finishing my fireplace which fortunately wasn't an issue this time. Physically in my body, I'm still pretty in shape from growing up as a gymnast, though if I could tone down my overactive metabolism that'd be great! But everything you said still is very valid, and I'll definitely look into the book you recommended. I've got a few survival books but another one couldn't hurt.
Then you have not so much worry in that respect, gymnastics is a great sport, but yes when it comes to assets it is all costly, especially today, but also depends on your job and country. I needed years to get some things and I did not get all I planned but that is life, but having basics can be enough sometimes. I read that people died from methane gas from the exaust of their cars they used for heathing and not opening any door or windows. One good tip if in those kind of situations is to have sleeping bag or tent and to use thermal mat or mylar space blanket(that is cheap and reflects body heat) on the floor to stop conduction of cold to your body, and if not having that you can use table as a tent and put blankets on all sides as insulation and light a candle inside. And you can put blanket or mylar on yourself and light a candle inside that generates heat. And when inside sleeping bag or tent use your basic clothes because warm/cold weather clothes will lose it s effectivness and do not wear cotton t shirts because if they get wet they will chill you, and when it comes to condesation you can also release it by opening/ventilting it. You can also boil snow with a candle It would not be comfortable but would get you through without freezing or killing yourself with gas or making fire inside a house.

Some years ago, in Anchorage, we got a newly elected mayor Berkowitz. And he sells off a considerable percentage of our snow removal fleet. And come winter, we had a higher than normal snow accumulation. The roads were horrible - like unpaved road filled with ruts. And it was days after a snowfall before a plow came down the secondary roads.

So, with our ability to forecast general weather conditions in advance - as in our understanding of el nino and la nina weather patterns, politicians can 'bungle' their policy decisions in advance of these knowns, and calculate how to best take advantage of upcoming catastrophes.
To maximise empowerment to themselves, and business interests. And hide it behind politics.

We all see the complaints about government when disasters happen, and it is common for it to become politicized. It seems as though the politics provide cover for the destruction and dysfunction that is prepared for in a eventual meteorological event, and with el nina and la nina events giving them a timeline to work with.

So, global warming or cooling could be and excuse to sway policy one way or another, but the la ninas and el ninos are the real factors, but they will push that reality into the background in order to use weather to their advantage. Weather manipulation. Although not the type that actually alters the weather.

Recently, Berkowitz resigned within a day of revelation of his having an affair with a local news reporter, who accused him of posting pictures of his butt on underage girls site. His butt picture was shown on the web.

I know the C's frown on chemtrails, yet there are alot of video examples of this 'snow' not melting. I am at a loss as to how to explain this without saying chemtrails!

mypatriotsnetwork.com/patriot/texas-snow-that-doesnt-melt-weather-modification-technology/

What do chemtrails have to do with snow not melting considering that the coming of an ice age has been predicted for years now? What do you think happens in an ice age?

@Nienna thanks for the interesting suggestions! yes you're correct I still have power. We have a pump shed where all the plumbing is connected to the well and then to the house, sadly the shed itself isn't insulated which probably would be a good idea, but at the least we do have a space heater out there pushed up close to the pipes, it just wasn't enough. As far inside the houses, in the main house the pipes go up into the attic, haven't discovered any leaks yet so hopefully they didn't burst, and in my little tiny house they also go up into the space between the loft and ground floor, but it's not accessible without removing the ceiling. I'm sure my little house is fine, it stayed warm and toasty as it's not a very big space to heat, just unsure about the main house. Will know more today though when it warms a bit and I turn the pump back on.
In that case, may I suggest that the next time freezing temperatures are forecast that you leave all of your faucets open enough for them to drip so that water is constantly moving through the pipes? I don't know if that will help your well pump or not. If not, then doing this would be pointless unless it takes much colder temps for the pump to freeze.

@Nienna thanks for the interesting suggestions! yes you're correct I still have power. We have a pump shed where all the plumbing is connected to the well and then to the house, sadly the shed itself isn't insulated which probably would be a good idea, but at the least we do have a space heater out there pushed up close to the pipes, it just wasn't enough.

Pearce what you can do is use some electric blankets and some moving blankets (from a moving company if necessary, they are relatively inexpensive). You could put the electric blankets over the pumps and pipes and then cover them with the moving blankets to help retain the heat. You could also use moving blankets to wrap the pipes. In my experiences this definitely works to help prevent freezing of the well pump, pressure switch and pressure pump, pressure tank, etc. in lower temps (not sure how low, but probably at least sustained overnights of 10F) In the event that the equipment does wind up frozen then you can use that gear to thaw it later more quickly without warming it too fast (which can cause damage).

Keep in mind that some electric blankets automatically turn off after around 2 hours, so if you decide to use them try to find some that can be turned on constantly. If you can't find any like that then there are smaller heating pads that can be turned on constantly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom